If you had the power to solo any meta event

1 hour ago, EDOTDOT.9265 said:

I guess Southsun Cove since that seems like the only way one will be able to actually complete it these days.

Well try it when 99% of people are not busy doing festival like boss blitz maybe?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

Nobody? Really? Serpent's Ire.

There exist sub-communities for stuff like Triple-Trouble, which is amazing. But Serpent's Ire is and always has been an absolute mess. It is far away from being difficult. I've organized a couple of spontaneous runs myself. But it takes so much persuasion & luck to collect just enough people. Even with the Skyscales and other mounts, finding the zealots is so tedious. Give me the ability to solo it, and I make scheduled runs like the Triple-Trouble community XD. Honestly, I wouldn't even need the power-creep for that. Just give me the ability to predict spawn-points of the zealots or make them spawn in a single location, one by one - preferably the area of the actual boss-fight.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

There exist sub-communities for stuff like Triple-Trouble, which is amazing. But Serpent's Ire is and always has been an absolute mess. It is far away from being difficult. I've organized a couple of spontaneous runs myself. But it takes so much persuasion & luck to collect just enough people. Even with the Skyscales and other mounts, finding the zealots is so tedious. Give me the ability to solo it, and I make scheduled runs like the Triple-Trouble community XD. Honestly, I wouldn't even need the power-creep for that. Just give me the ability to predict spawn-points of the zealots or make them spawn in a single location, one by one - preferably the area of the actual boss-fight.

I was just about to chime in with Serpent's Ire. Only Anet has the data, but I'm almost 100% certain is the single least completed meta, ever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

You can already solo any of them but being a Charr is required to pull this off 

Unfortunately, I've never seen a charr player beat the hardest boss in the game, Big Nose Ted, by themselves and not in a party, so I find this difficult to believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

That's exactly what I was going to say.

The biggest challenge with Serpent's Ire is getting enough people to help hunting the zealots, usually because they've heard the meta is difficult and don't want to try or they find that phase boring and don't want to waste time on it so they won't join unless someone else has already completed it and they can skip to the main fight. It's not even that hunting the zealots is difficult, just that of the minority of players willing to try the meta at all most aren't willing to do that bit, and a lot of the ones who are have to be told repeatedly to spread out and search, not just follow the commander.

If it was possible to solo that phase it would be very easy for Sepent's Ire to become another meta which is consistently run and consistently succeeds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I've literally never even seen Serpent's Ire so after having a look at the wiki, I'd bet part of its problem is the schedule. In US Eastern prime-time anyway it's competing for attention with daily reset and a whole bunch of other stuff.

The schedule is part of it, but only because Serpents Ire rewards so little versus say Gerent which has better loot and items people want. It's also because the pre- is so long and boring and unrewarding. If it skipped the finding of the Branded Forgotten and went straight to the meta, people would do it. Or if it could all be done with minimal players, but the cc section - even post-nerf - prevents that. a 20-30min meta with virtually nothing to show for it isn't going to cut it

If it had proper rewards or was more accessible, it would be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Serpents Ire is a solid pick... (but I think I have done every achievement connected to that)
Junundu Rising in the Desolation I would pick now, because I still miss that achievment of keeping all 6 wurms alive.

Dragon's End meta, not because of how awefully long thebuild up is and that it has way too many "split phases", but to reach areas like Mother's Lamanet and other small quests and achievements that can only be accessed after you have beaten SooWon