Woad Armor

What about a new way of acquiring the new Woad armor, @ArenaNet? Completing a reward track that can take up to 6 hours (with boosts) 6-18 times (36-108 hours) is not cool for pve players, seriously. Isn't being forced to do wvw/pvp for gift of battle enough? Tsc tsc...

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 3

Oh, I was wondering how that one can be obtained. After looking up all three armor sets, though, I need to say that the one in the Homestead is the only one worth acquiring. 😄 The Titanplate is the worst, the Woad looks weird, but the Polychromatic one - correctly dyed - looks like a medieval knight's armor, which I find very cool!

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh, I was wondering how that one can be obtained. After looking up all three armor sets, though, I need to say that the one in the Homestead is the only one worth acquiring. 😄 The Titanplate is the worst, the Woad looks weird, but the Polychromatic one - correctly dyed - looks like a medieval knight's armor, which I find very cool!

I really liked the wild look of the woad, it matches the expansion's theme. Sadly I don't know if I'll get it because 36 hours of wvw is too much for me.

Edited by Zahark.7610
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Woad looks the best imo, I like the look alot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

*Laughs in WvWer who is forced to go to PVE to get 99% of everything else in the game...*

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

*Laughs in WvWer who is forced to go to PVE to get 99% of everything else in the game...*

Like 99% of players PvE though, only a minority WvW. should ArenaNet cater to a minority? which is like 1% of the playerbase or less.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

I could get it if I wanted it, as I used to play a lot of WvW. In my previous post, I merely tried to communicate that I had been trying to figure out where the set was being sold, and now I know it's a Reward Track reward. Okie dokie.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Let us WvWers have something for ourselves, geeeeeeez. 😄 

Also, heavy armor underboob is hilarious.

You alrady have the GoB XD

But seriosuly, locking things behind WvW/PVP or PVE is dumb. it needs to be equally available in all modes.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Where can we see the Woad and Titanplate Armor?  I've seen the Polychromatic and love it; that's definitely what I'm going to collect first.

If you got to a bank npc, you can check your account wardrobe. It also includes most locked skins. Can use the gear name in the search there to preview it.

• Like 4

Will ArenaNet even see this topic or I'm wasting my time? I'm really sad that the best looking armor from the expansion and the only one that changes based on armor weight , is locked in wvw. 😪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I thought the Titanplate looked promising at first then I previewed The Great Wall of Shoulders? The Shoulder Shower Curtains? I dunno.  Then I saw the helmet and realised that my Asura looked like a side table. Fitting for the Homestead armour.

I do like the Polychromatic armour a lot. I'm surprised to see the Woad armour is WvW but I guess they want to add something for that mode too.

1 hour ago, Zahark.7610 said:

Will ArenaNet even see this topic or I'm wasting my time? I'm really sad that the best looking armor from the expansion and the only one that changes based on armor weight , is locked in wvw. 😪

They'll see it, of course, but I doubt they'll change the way the armour is obtained.

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Like 99% of players PvE though, only a minority WvW. should ArenaNet cater to a minority? which is like 1% of the playerbase or less.

Do you have links to that data? WvW has consistent queues and a lot of players I know who play pve also play WvW regularly. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

There's nothing on the wiki for this yet. I assume the armor is accountbound once obtained, so won't be showing up on the TP?

Yeah, its account bound. i got one piece fromt he WvW reward track. One piece of woad armor is the final reward.

• Like 1

Is there truly no other way to get the Woad armor? 😕 That kinda sucks. Well, guess I need to get back into WvW somehow, whether for Gifts of Battle or for this...oh well. For the medium armor alone, it'll be worth it.

(If anybody sees a sylvari Harbinger running around like a headless chicken - wave and say hi, that's probably me.)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Rubi Bayer.8493 May we please have clarification on if Woad is supposed to be exclusive to WvW/PvP reward tracks? Both the heart vendors and the unusual coin vendors sell Titanplate armor recipes, which seems like it may be redundant. It feels like the unusual coin vendor is supposed to have Woad armor recipes instead since all the heart vendors sell specific recipes for Titanplate armor pieces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 4

woad armor looks pretty cool but... it flattens my norn alt breasts.

Also, it is weird that the only armor the kodan use is locked behind a WvW only reward. Seems their WvW "rework" is so bad they actually need ways to incite participation.

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Confused 5

Unless it's changed to, say, competing the track once and you get the whole set of one weight? I'm not enthusiastic about doing a WvW track so many times either for all the armor pieces. I wanna get every set, I just don't have that kind of time on my hands.

Edited by ArgentDaMeme.5968
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Scar.1793 said:

woad armor looks pretty cool but... it flattens my norn alt breasts.

Which weight? Previewing the medium armor, I was happy that my norn ranger didn't suddenly get a flat chest. That's been a truly annoying trend recently.

7 hours ago, ArgentDaMeme.5968 said:

Unless it's changed to, say, competing the track once and you get the whole set of one weight? I'm not enthusiastic about doing a WvW track so many times either for all the armor pieces. I wanna get every set, I just don't have that kind of time on my hands.

Sadly you get one piece per full reward track. Its bunch of choice chests. So this means we need to do the reward track 18 times to get all pieces

Considering its not "clusvie " to mcm or pvp it seems to me that its more of the usual "alternate way to get the armor" we still do not know if we get extra rewards if getting new ranks with the prestige hearts...my hope its that it comes from that as it makes sense that helping the kodans, give sthe armor the kodans are using...0 sense that the most  expansion themed armor is not gathered through the expansion... the polychromatic makes more sense for a pvp/mcm reward than the woad

• Confused 1