Woad Armor

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

If it turns out that doing the heart quest chievo's unlock em ar a vendor... i be happy!

Its the only thing that will make sense as why its not here yet, and well getting the kodan armor because of helping the kodan feels right, annoying that we have to wait 14 days but still makes more sense than it being a WvW and pvp exclusive (cause you can get it through pvp too)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I wish it will stay as it is, let WvW players have something extra. 

But if they decide to make some new way of getting it, it will probably take months, just so you know. Better play the story in some other armor :). If not then good news, you only need to do track 6 times since you can use all 18 pieces on one character.

Well as someone that enjoys wvw I don't think we need an exclusive set in wvw. You can avoid most pve drudgery thanks to wvw reward tracks, it's how I plan to get any relics I'm missing if I can't finish the pve masteries. 

In the evenings getting your guild on the map is already hard enough. People that like wvw and have it as their main game mode won't appreciate being unable to play because a load of pve players are forced into wvw to afk flip camps and do nothing for the team, making the lives of those who did get onto the map harder because many players are not engaging with the mode. 

People are encouraged to go into wvw with the rotating weekly boost and GoB. I don't think we need the woad set there exclusively. I'll get it np, but it's gonna suck for pve players forced in a mode they don't like AND annoying for wvw players who cant get on the map as a result.

If the maps had a larger player cap it wouldn't be so bad. But too often already you're defending an objective with a queue on the map wondering where tf ppl are.

If you wanna give smth nice to wvw players, the missing legendary accessories would be nice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, alastor.4691 said:

My only hope its that is tied as an extyra purchase you can do on the hearts if you get them to max rannk but nothing has seemed to change after going from rank 1 to rank 2 so loosing a bit of hope there

Most probably not because, as stated in the preview video, it is apparently WvW exclusive set.

Well ... might gonna do it from PvP then - I play that more. Even did some "optional" (available in PvE) stuff from EoD there I think - to so save currency. Lol.

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Perhaps the devs see it as some sort of consolation for WvWers having their abilities reset, having their Warclaw key binds broken, and having a primarily WvW mount be converted to being primarily PvE?

I'm not defending such a position but I could imagine a meeting where someone said, "Well we really should throw WvW a bone after what we are planning to do."

I wonder about that lol. They probably have not even thought of it annoying WvWers. I also liked to have dash on space - but then again ... I use dodge generally on double tab as well. And I guess it is considered more "pro" to  have a dedicated button. So you might not accidentally waste the dash when accidentally (since the button is so big) pressing space lol.

Als wondering about the "primarily PvE" thing. In other maps people will still favor Skyscale (with some of the other mounts at certan situations). Personally I already find it annoying that some stuff enforces Warclaw. Sniff needed for somet things in the new maps. And some events/adventures using it. (Though limited to them it can be fun to use the mechanics - need to unlock a bit more to properly do the events to have the in-air jump at least I guess.)

18 hours ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

I so badly want to play this expansion story with it on, but the thought of grinding a WvW track 18 times completely turns me away from even wanting to obtain it. 

Day two of the expansion I spent my entire time in WvW (a gamemode that feels like a chore to me). I got the Woad chest piece and leggings but got bored and felt drained after that. It makes no sense for the armour set most related to the PVE expansion to be attainable solely through a reward track. WvW & PvP players won't even meet the Lowland Kodan if they don't play through the story, so why do they get access to the Kodans cultural armour? 

The Woad armour is arguably the only expansion related armour set they released in this first update. The other two do not match the survivalist aesthetic whatsoever. 

Edited by lucky charms.2758
Additional thoughts
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

Locking the best armor looking that meant to be a PVE rewards because it tied to the janthir wilds environment and story  has got to be the cruelest thing you've done so far janet. Instead we waste our precious resource to the ugly set that nobody will ever use. I am dissapointed.

Edited by Sen.7530
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Yes Please, why they once again made "warpaint" style armor wvw exclusive is infuriating. Maybe if it was 1 reward track run per set it'd be fine, but having to run the track 6 times for 1 armor weight or 18 times for all of them is insane. All we will do if we have to grind it is take up space in our servers for people that actually want to do WvW and waste everyone else's time because we will do minimal effort to grind it out asap.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Clearly PvE has a huge majority of the mode exclusive skins in the game.  There doesn’t seem any merit in arguing that WvW shouldn’t be able to also have exclusive skins. It’s only fair.

As for the post saying only 1% play WvW, GW2efficiency says 20% of players are WvW level 281 or higher. GW2effiency is a self selecting sample but it’s clearly still a lot of players.

I play mostly PvE myself, but they deserve some exclusives too.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Clearly PvE has a huge majority of the mode exclusive skins in the game.  There doesn’t seem any merit in arguing that WvW shouldn’t be able to also have exclusive skins. It’s only fair.

As for the post saying only 1% play WvW, GW2efficiency says 20% of players are WvW level 281 or higher. GW2effiency is a self selecting sample but it’s clearly still a lot of players.

I play mostly PvE myself, but they deserve some exclusives too.

You are right i believe about pve's abundance of skins. However, this is also where i point to my comment of "all rewards in all modes" 

I been yelled at yesterday in WvW map chat for taking up space on a map and not helping in fights. Many pve'ers dont wanna be on the frontlines. But the game game makes us. (Which gets me to the poi t of: "if a game needs to incentivise people to try it out, that mode is inherently flawed"  but that is a different discussion.)

Honestly, while i abhor any form of pvp, i can atleast run dollies in wvw without being much of a detriment to my team.

• Confused 5

4 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

"if a game needs to incentivise people to try it out, that mode is inherently flawed"  but that is a different discussion.)

Does that mean that since PvE offers more incentives to "try it out" it is inherently more flawed than the other game modes?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

If I am not wrong, the Woad armour is in the final box of both the WvW track and the PvP JAW track. With only having time for WvW and PvP dailes the past week, I am at about 50% of each track completed. At the time of posting this, I have 85 days to finish the season WV special for the 300 AA to complete one set. That should be plenty of time for an PvX player to reach the goal and a good long term goal during the JAW life time to get all the Woad armours unlocked. You will run that track anyway, unless you need a GoB (in WvW) for map currencies. And there will be "Call of the Mists" bonus weeks with faster progression on the tracks. Nobody said you need to complete all the tracks in one week after release...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I'd say it's the opposite - the fair approach would be to push for less exclusivity (on both ends), not more.

15 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

281 is trivially easy. Notice, btw, that there are people that do not really play WvW, but still have to visit there for, in example, GoB. Or for second legendary ring. Those players certainly were present in WvW for at least some time (and accrued some WvW levels), but did they really play it? I'm not so sure about that.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'd say it's the opposite - the fair approach would be to push for less exclusivity (on both ends), not more.

281 is trivially easy. Notice, btw, that there are people that do not really play WvW, but still have to visit there for, in example, GoB. Or for second legendary ring. Those players certainly were present in WvW for at least some time (and accrued some WvW levels), but did they really play it? I'm not so sure about that.

Making more skins available in both modes would be the other reasonable approach. 

Getting to level 281 is not that trivial, particularly if you are just doing camps with minimal involvement as you suggest. I would hazard a guess that you would a couple of dozen GoB in the time it takes to get to level 281.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 10:53 AM, Zahark.7610 said:

What about a new way of acquiring the new Woad armor, @ArenaNet? Completing a reward track that can take up to 6 hours (with boosts) 6-18 times (36-108 hours) is not cool for pve players, seriously. Isn't being forced to do wvw/pvp for gift of battle enough? Tsc tsc...

You'll get your kitten Woad when you give me Titanpaw in wvw. 😉

On 8/22/2024 at 11:52 AM, Zoid.2568 said:

Like 99% of players PvE though, only a minority WvW. should ArenaNet cater to a minority? which is like 1% of the playerbase or less.

How is one armor set out of three ‘catering to a minority’?

• Like 1

Like me. Locking stuff behind game modes is some really weak aura move 😕

Would it be possible to get it outside of that place?

Edit:
WvW players get a hefty chunk of the expansion cosmetics... exclusively. Doesn't seem fair.

Edited by Tarreth.8914
Adding point of view. Marked.
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)

"jUsT giT GuD aT wVW". The problem is not following a tag around like a brainless minion, it's the fact that you have to complete the reward track 6-18 times. That's more than 100 hours. If you wvw/pvp players like that kind of stuff, then good for you.

Edited by Zahark.7610
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well, that's certainly one way to get the people closer to their second legendary ring. 100 hours of wvw should get you enough or almost enough tickets for Conflux, assuming you max out each week and spread your grind out over several weeks rather than all at once. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Deadly serious. It's easier to go do metas which you can half afk and not worry about roaming pieces of... work (to name them VERY kindly)... that can kill you, than to be FORCED to spend countless hours in a map that gives you nothing, except final reward.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6

46 minutes ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

Like me. Locking stuff behind game modes is some really weak aura move 😕

Would it be possible to get it outside of that place?

Edit:
WvW players get a hefty chunk of the expansion cosmetics... exclusively. Doesn't seem fair.

What exactly do you think the wvw player that doesn’t pve gets from this expansion?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

Edit:

Really? I would like a list of expansion cosmetics only obtainable through WvW vs a list of all expansion cosmetics. So far the Woad armor sets are the only thing only obtainable through WvW that I have seen. Show us which other ones there are as well and how it relates to the total.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Like 6