Guild wars 3

dont think there be a gw3 in the next 30-40 years.

in couple of month some of us will have put several k of gold into new homesteads.

anyone really think someone who play gw2 for 12 years+ will just migrate into a empty gw3 account throw away all his lifetime to grind a new account up once more?

we getting older not younger, our characters are not aging. we do.

doubt.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

Getting GW3 is gonna be as much logic on how we're getting WoW2... never.

I wish we had WoW2 and I wouldn't mind another game, (another title and game) of ANet but I doubt they will make a GW3 now with GW2, since GW1 was not a true MMO but a ''CORPG'' game.

Maybe they do starcraft online for the tech fans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

gw2 will probably be like gw1 for a long while, people will still play it. if gw3 is more sub based, gw2 will still be played by many. if gw3 is more pvp based many will still play gw2, but after another half decade those people playing gw2 will get less and less

• Confused 1

what i liked about gw2 was non sub, exploration, movement controls - freedom to keybind.

what i learned after getting the game vs what i heard about it, it had standard many new maps to explore but not as many new maps as i thought released after(thought every couple of months, reality there were dry spells of no new content), non sub was great but new xpac took way too long(HoT), freedom to keybind came to a hault pretty much around the time mounts were released. and the direction the game went was the opposite of what i wanted. yet here i still am anyways 😄

the fluidity of movement and combat is still imo better then WoW or ESO, Skyrim, ArchAge, Tera(other mmos i played)

i prefer exploration (and decoration to a lesser degree) in pve games, but that's not the main direction of most modern day PVP shooter games.

and because gw2 was a different game then gw1, i wonder if gw3 would be a different game then gw2

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2024 at 6:51 PM, roederich.2716 said:

anyone really think someone who play gw2 for 12 years+ will just migrate into a empty gw3 account throw away all his lifetime to grind a new account up once more?

we getting older not younger, our characters are not aging. we do.

doubt.

that's what a lot of gw1 players did at first and most did eventually. i'd imagine those that didn't switch eventually stopped playing all together. kinda happens when you get older sometimes.

I stopped gaming after high school. ((I was behind in gaming graphics anyways: garage sale atari 2600 in jr high when Nintendo was out and got a garage sale Super Nintendo in high school when Playstation 1 was out.)) Then years later around 2008 discovered WoW and mmos vs solo console games and was amazed with the polygon graphics. Friends PS1 looked amazing in college,lol.  PS2+3 were just jaw on the ground quality graphics. Though sadly last console game i owned/ played was super nintendo still to this day. So ya know gw2 was a step up from WoW! 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

that's what a lot of gw1 players did at first and most did eventually

There was less to buy in the cash shop in GW1 and it's continued development was of shorter duration. So people migrating to GW2 were, on average, leaving much less behind than would those migrating to a hypothetical GW3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

There was less to buy in the cash shop in GW1 and it's continued development was of shorter duration. So people migrating to GW2 were, on average, leaving much less behind than would those migrating to a hypothetical GW3.

true but i kinda think gw3 would be a different game model or mode then gw2 so you could play both at same time, maybe? I mean it doesn't look like gw2 is going away with their 1 xpac a year strat, they just getting started with that it feels like.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kelly.7019 said:

gw2 will probably be like gw1 for a long while, people will still play it. if gw3 is more sub based, gw2 will still be played by many. if gw3 is more pvp based many will still play gw2, but after another half decade those people playing gw2 will get less and less

Or.... what if Guild Wars 3 wasn't a MMO at all, just like how GW1 and GW2 aren't the same genre. Guild Wars 3 may be a RTS or something. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Or.... what if Guild Wars 3 wasn't a MMO at all, just like how GW1 and GW2 aren't the same genre. Guild Wars 3 may be a RTS or something. 

From a business view it would make more sense. Not alienating the existing playerbase while diversifying the portfolio.

Could be an RTS, could be a "vermintide", could be a FPS, could be a MOBA, could be a battle royale, could be a diablo-like, ...

Or could be a "MMORPG" that mixes those genres and you end up travelling in asuran spaceships, building up your own planet economy, sending fleet in missions, while you explore diablo-like spaceships mowing through a tide of aliens or partaking in a battle royale coliseum that's the main streamed entertainment.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1