Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

There are many of us who have the True Dragon title. This title takes many years to earn. It requires 9.8m exp to earn and an average of around 10k games played. It should arguably be colored just like Champion Brawler. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

quick request, could we get more armour that changes charr tails in the future?

they're extremely rare to come across, with only a small handful in the game.

armour like Flame Legion is awesome because you get a fiery tail which really helps sell the pyromancer vibe of the set.

meanwhile you can wear Vestment of the Lich to look like an avatar of death and destruction...

but you still have a cute kitty cat tail sticking out of the back...imagine how cool it would be if it gave you a bone tail?

so yeah, quick suggestion, more themed armours that change charr tails!

extra request: hide Aegis effect out of combat or make the effect only show for a few seconds when Aegis is gained!

its impossible to take good guardian screenshots when your character is hidden behind a permanent silly blue shield!

here is Lexxi the Librarian trying to enjoy a good book, too bad she can't see half of the page!

(or change the effect to something more subtle like every other buff.)

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Like 2

Going to keep posting this till it happens.  Removal of all elites guarding the Hero Points in cantha or change them or nerf em.  It's not necessary for every hero point to be guarded by an Elite and a mob.  Heck I'd even take it if the HP were changed from commune to combat

Edited by nobleboivin.4102
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Can we please get 'Mighty', 'Malign', 'Expertise', Precise', 'Healing', 'Resilient', 'Vital', & 'Concentration' WvW stat options for the Primordus Left Eye Infusion & the Primordus Right Eye Infusion? It's frustrating having Agony Resistance stats for something that is completely useless in WvW.

Sure I could swap out the Primordus Infusions for WvW Infusions, but then I'd lose the Primordus Infusion aesthetic, which defeats the entire purpose. It would be really nice to have WvW stats for these 2 Primordus Infusions.

• Sad 1

With the announcement of the new Homestead system. I think it would really enjoyable to have personal arenas that allow for a player to invite friends to their homestead instance and duel. They would function like an arena in a guild hall or in the various hubs around Tyria. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/29/2024 at 2:09 PM, Batel.9206 said:

The... what?

What are the Undying? (I haven't played SoTO, so...is that a new thing introduced in the expansion?) Don't really care for a new race - it's been discussed many times on the forums, and will likely never be implemented for a very wide variety of reasons.

Also did you mean Foefire leggings, or...? Because sure, shorts would be nice.

Yes Foefire. sorry I was likley drunk

• Like 1

With mounts available to be show in the new homesteading stables and warclaw being updated for PvE, what we really need is a pack of dolyak skins. Why have a stable and corral if you can't put Tyria's most common and beloved working animal in it?

My ideal pack would have the Shiverpeaks dolyak, a couple of the Elonian dolyaks, Mr Yakkington or... hear me out... one with spots.

((er... posted this in wrong thread on accident but, uh, I think this would definitely improve quality of life of the average player))

Edited by walkingstick.7319
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Quick note about the new Vacation Lounge Chair - Love the way people can join, but would be awesome if we could grab and drink the drinks 😉 Not a big qol, but just a small detail making it more lucrative for buying

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, justaclare.8460 said:

Not sure if this belongs in QoL requests and suggestions, but here it goes.

It would be an awesome addition to have an invisible shoulder item that has the same functionality as the invisible back item.

I'm confused. You can already toggle off the helm, shoulders and gloves. What are you asking for?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I'm confused. You can already toggle off the helm, shoulders and gloves. What are you asking for?

The toggable is shared among templates, so you can't fast-hotkey-swap template and maintain one invisible and another visible. The invisible backpack allows it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Rytlock belongs in a music band.
Specifically, a grumpy dad band. Hear me out here,
A friend who recently started playing the game described Rytlock very early on as "the grumpy dad one." This made me think of when I saw They Might Be Giants live and was like "oh hey, this is a band of grumpy dads." Ergo, Rytlock's one hobby other than his pet sword is the weird band he's in. Just imagine the songs they'd write, like that one song, you know the one, where Logan had a guest appearance. 

Edited by Spero.1283
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Could we have an option to rotate/shuffle all music ingame? The music is beautiful and I kinda miss some of it in WvW etc. And some of the new maps have a bit too much repetition, and no new music. A Shuffle of all the tunes (except Battlemusic) whould kinda solve this problem. 🙂 Just as an option of course. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hemi.5267 said:

Could we have an option to rotate/shuffle all music ingame? The music is beautiful and I kinda miss some of it in WvW etc. And some of the new maps have a bit too much repetition, and no new music. A Shuffle of all the tunes (except Battlemusic) whould kinda solve this problem. 🙂 Just as an option of course. 

There's this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

You can find most tracks on SoundCloud: 

All of the multi person chair designs recently have been a big hit, so as always, it's extremely helpful to the devs and art teams if we can actually tell them what we would buy.

Personally, I'd love to have this as a chair:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sweet_Campfire_Treat

Sitting around with my guild friends or even random strangers in DR  & LA, would be great! 
I'd even take a permanent version that can be bought in game. 

Do we know if 3 is the absolute limit for chairs? Or is there a possibility of 5 people sitting around a table like the Knights of old?

• Like 1

Please make crafting levels account wide.

The two-discipline per character system is outdated and tedious.

But...

If a player has Armorsmith maxed on two characters, they would lose that investment. Maybe compensate them somehow?

The "Additional Crafting License" gemstore item would have to be retired or repurposed. Maybe refund the gem cost for accounts that have purchased them, but that would be crazy.

Edited by Bauf.3740
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

A suggestion for Arborstone; could we get waypoints or telepads or something for the two groups of crafting stations on level 2?  Because it's kinda inconvenient to do a whole zipline ride and then a lengthy mount ride whenever I want to cook a sushi.  When it's literally easier to just use my Mistlock pass to go use the cooking station there and then transit back because it's actually faster to do two map loads than it is to just walk over to a crafting station on the same map, the map is too spread out.

Edited by cliffc.8652
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

For WvW claim on objectives, would be wonderful to have a "Pass" button in addition to the "Claim" button so that guilds in the claim queue can pass if they don't want to claim, but don't want to make others wait to claim (most helpful on camps, but all objectives have instances where it would be helpful)

• Like 1

I wish there was a version of the Exalted Shoulders skin without the tendril bits in the back. That would be really neat.

Also, can Anet please release the black dyed Voltaic Spear version from GW1, into GW2? That was the best spear skin EVER - in my own opinion 🙂 I wouldn't mind if it was even a gemstore option. I just really loved the black dyed voltaic spear from GW1 and how it had that animated pulsating electric blue current theme in it.

Edited by Zaoda.1653
Added another suggestion
  • Confused 1

Can we get an option to put in the spear art work to replace the normal button artwork for *all* weapon skills? Under an accessibility menu?

Two reasons:

1. i play all 9 professions, ~20ish of the elite specs across them. Remembering exactly which one is a cc on an arbitrary spec/weapon/build combo is a bit too much for my memory. Having a "simple icons for stupid people like me that can't remember ~1000 weapon skills" would be awesome. I'm such a casual newb 😛

2. I'm also quite visually impaired and so having large, easily readable icons would be of great help. My retinas are turning into Swiss cheese - and i don't mean they have holes like Swiss cheese (even though they 100% do). I mean someone seems to have reached in and replaced my retinas with something a bit less functional than Swiss cheese is at detecting light.

I definitely appreciate the time and effort that the artists have put into all the artwork in GW2. But I just need a little assist in my high APM holo/zerker/chrono/firebrand/weaver builds.

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1