Blissful Skirt is....cringe.

NeutralBurn.3829

First...why "Blissful" (extremely happy, full of joy, providing happiness, etc)? Why not...PLAID skirt? Tartan skirt? Etc.

Seriously, apply blissful to any other clothing thing, and it's just bizarre. Joyful pants. Extremely Happy robe.  Ew.

Second...clearly modeled on Humans/norns, with Asura and Charr as an afterthought. As usual.  Any movement for Asura or Charr, and you're just looking at underpants. Repeatedly.

I just don't get it. It's not related to Janthir, Mad King, or anything else going on.

😬

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 38
  • Sad 3

It's autumn (for the northern hemisphere), it's a plaid skirt and boots, it's cute and cozy with a sweater.  It is a more blissful season for many people.   And clearly you haven't noticed some of the players obviously enjoy teeny tiny outfits as well.  

I have zero interest in buying it.  I play a charr, it won't look right, and also I don't want a plaid skirt.  But for those who do, have at it.   I'm sure I'll see some amusing norn male looks with it lol.  

The male skirt could be a tad longer, for at least a proper kilt look.  But hey, maybe everyone likes some fresh autumn breeze.  I'm sure if it was longer, someone would complain it looks different from the female version.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, NeutralBurn.3829 said:

First...why "Blissful" (extremely happy, full of joy, providing happiness, etc)? Why not...PLAID skirt? Tartan skirt? Etc.

Or is someone at Anet the type who gets "great joy" from checking out skirts?

Seriously, apply blissful to any other clothing thing, and it's just bizarre. Joyful pants. Extremely Happy robe.  Ew.

Second...clearly modeled on Humans/norns, with Asura and Charr as an afterthought. As usual.  Any movement for Asura or Charr, and you're just looking at underpants. Repeatedly.

I just don't get it. It's not related to Janthir, Mad King, or anything else going on.... just someone decided they needed skirts/underwear to look at in game?

😬

I logged in just to see what the new item would be, and previewed it on the character I logged in on.  Male charr.  Thanks, I really needed the laugh today!

Will preview it on my other characters when I log back in tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NeutralBurn.3829 said:

Wasn't there a longer, plaid skirt added somewhat recently?

Ah, found it. Kilt, rather than skirt. Must've had complaints that it was too long?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fashionable_Kilt_Skin

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I just don't get it. It's not related to Janthir, Mad King, or anything else going on.... just someone decided they needed skirts/underwear to look at in game?

Are you trying to gatekeep how people choose to adorn their characters? Because I don't know about you, I see a lot of swimsuits in the shiverpeaks or places you probably don't want to be wearing a swimsuit, and a rather huge amount of people wearing the very few skirt pieces that exist in game today (the basic light "apprentice" skirt that many casters wear is a great example).

Don't yuck other's yum. But more importantly, don't take away other's Joy. It's difficult to find in life as-is. If someone finds these joyful, let them be joyful! 🙂

• Like 14
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Or is someone at Anet the type who gets "great joy" from checking out skirts?

😬

Correction, they're modeled for human and norn *females*. It does NOT fit well on my male Norn, but you'd best believe he's wearing it anyway.  HE WILL BE BEAUTIFUL!!

Edited by Weindrasi.3805
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Just got warning from Mod for this cause I apparently attacked someone. Wish I know who. But atleast I know that even devs knows men simply never wear thigh high socks. Even google does not show any image 😁. I understand the kilt but not the socks.

I bet to differ. There are plenty of men who wear Thigh highs. Mostly more femminine men. I personally know of atleast 10 people who wear them and they are all male ^^

• Like 11
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Just got warning from Mod for this cause I apparently attacked someone. Wish I know who. But atleast I know that even devs knows men simply never wear thigh high socks. Even google does not show any image 😁. I understand the kilt but not the socks. 

You've not been going to the right clubs 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Also, it's a skirt, not a kilt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eravyn.7483 said:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's clothes. Everyone has a right to be silly or cute. If it bothers you so much you can change your game settings. Player count minimum, player quality minimum. Enjoy your tiny little bubble world.

I want my high graffics with my standard player models thank you

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Eravyn.7483 said:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's clothes. Everyone has a right to be silly or cute. If it bothers you so much you can change your game settings. Player count minimum, player quality minimum. Enjoy your tiny little bubble world.

I actually like it a lot. Look nice on human and norn females.

• Like 2

It looks like the bottom half of an Aboyne dress, which is sometimes considered the female equivalent of a kilt (although I think historically kilts were unisex), so it wouldn't surprise me if someone considered it an addition/alternative to the kilt we got a while ago.

I don't like it and won't be buying it, but I don't think it's that different from some existing skins, like the Aurora Leggings, which have a more ornate pattern but the same overall design.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Googling "football socks" and going to google images proved you wrong 🙃 

At a knee or below knee not high above but you are right, in like 5 pages of picture I found ONE compress socks that were above knee like we have in the game.

Also my apology, they are not socks, previewing them with stylish shoes shows that they have no "feet" part, so it is all right.

• Confused 2