QOL Requests: New for 2024

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I just wanted to say goodbye to my wvw guildleaders because I quit wvw (and thus the game completely) and wrote a short text in the Windows Editor.
And when I pasted my text into the in-game message box, half of it was missing.
Only 1/3 of the text field was full.
What kind of stupid character limit is that... without notice. There isn't even a field somewhere that indicates this. Pls add one.
You wouldn't believe how I had to shorten the message... it almost looked like an SMS from the old days... 20 years ago.

So please, the limit should be twice as high.

How else can you say goodbye properly? There's a reason why I don't want to use Discord for this, but wanted to pass it on in-game.

Thank you very much.

(And goodbye, may the next one have it easier with their leave msg)

Since you already has the full letter open in an editor, ready for copy and paste, you could have sent it in 3 parts. 🙅‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think it makes sense for spiderwebs to be included. The average mausoleum isn't exactly being cleaned top to bottom on a weekly basis. I also don't see what makes spiderwebs specifically Halloween-related. As a decoration in GW2, yes. But spiders keep spinning even when it isn't Halloween.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I think it makes sense for spiderwebs to be included. The average mausoleum isn't exactly being cleaned top to bottom on a weekly basis. I also don't see what makes spiderwebs specifically Halloween-related. As a decoration in GW2, yes. But spiders keep spinning even when it isn't Halloween.

Your presuming that someone wants to use the Mausoleum as a mausoleum and the creepy aesthetic that goes with it. I was tinkering with it and building a second floor with a stairway going to it. Without the webs, there could be a 3rd floor to it. The structure could be used as part of a castle or become a house. Windows could be craftable items used to dress up things like the Mausoleum into something else. There are multiple web options for crafting, some with collision, some without. Without the webs locking it into a creepy aesthetic, players can dress the structure up how they choose to use it.

Also if the upper dome with the bat weather vane/lightning rod was separate object, it would leave the lower dome rounded changing the whole profile of the object.

Edited by Tekoneiric.6817
  • Like 4

So you want a Halloween decoration, which is meant to be creepy, to actually be something else. Not only do you want it without spiderwebs, you also prefer the ornamentation on top be removed. Instead of asking for ANet to change a Halloween decoration into a neutral decoration, why not ask for a different decoration and leave this one as it is? Festival-themed decorations are already limited in number compared to non-festival decorations. More options seems preferable over changing intentionally themed decorations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

If only the spiders around my house would have the decency to clean after themselves by the end of October, that'd be great.

All summer long I keep telling the spiders on my ship that it's not yet Halloween, but for some reason they don't seem to care. 🤔

• Haha 2

On 10/18/2024 at 2:04 AM, Weindrasi.3805 said:

I think you might want to read the OP again. How is adding new face options for charr, changing their lore? She's not asking for all charr faces to be soft, or for the ugly options to be removed--she's asking for more options and saying that big cats are a good source of inspiration for creating them. 

She also isn't asking for ears to be static... like what? 

I read OP said less ugly faces and ears not moving because it's only a little detail.

I love details. I even like the small horn like things some Charr faces have (males most but some females have it too)

And I like Charr looking like Charr. I've seen really horrible versions of the lynx face that didn't look like Charr at all but like kittens from perverted dreams.
Crecia is already moving in a somewhat controversial direction.

gw317-e.jpg

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 1

On 10/18/2024 at 3:45 PM, Nash.2681 said:

I don't think the ingame mail was ever intended for such usage

I know I know, in the past 4 years I also mainly used ingame mail for sending troll items around :s

Just like everybody else xD

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Make leveling alts more fun.  I love leveling alts in order to get gift of exploration, I'm a total alt addict and I like leveling them rather than boosting them right to 80.

Allow me to equip an elite spec from the start if I've already fully unlocked it on another character or some other achievement.
Allow me to equip legendary items and just have them scale down to my current level.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to express my appreciation for the Flamekissed Armor Skin available in the gem store. It’s a fantastic design that many players enjoy.

I have a suggestion that I believe would enhance the overall experience: adding an additional dye channel specifically for the flames. Allowing players to customize the color of the flames—whether red, blue, white, or other hues-would provide greater freedom of expression and creativity. I think the community would greatly appreciate this feature, and it would still align well with the name of the skin.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I look forward to the communities thoughts!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Fun fact, when this skin was originally released it used a Human cultural armor mesh, players were outraged, Anet had to redesign it with another base mesh, the one you see today.

As for your request, considering Anet has been unwilling to rework old back items to have dye channels, I don't think you would have your wish fulfilled.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:59 PM, Dreggon.6598 said:

Please make Legendary Armory weapons retain their stat and sigil choices when unequipped! If I'm on e.g. my ranger and I want to change from melee weapons to a longbow, I have to reselect everything - zerker stats, force sigil, night sigil, wardrobe skin - and if I want to change back to melee weapons I have to do the whole process again in reverse. It's tremendously inconvenient 😞

I'm afraid this ain't gonna happen... I hammered down on this, when was it... years ago when the Legendary Armory went live. As you can imagine, to no avail. The gist of it is, the way it was coded helps us players feel forced to buy the Equipment Template unlocks, only 500 gems apiece, while we are drip-fed a couple build templates per WV season, as well as the very useful Build Library unlocks. I mean, they could at the very least have added one - just one - Equip Template to the WV, couldn't they? No, they could not - this was my QoL suggestion actually: please add Equip Templates to the WV.

On 10/17/2024 at 6:31 PM, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Please remove the webs from the Mausoleum homestead item. We have webs we can craft and put up if we like. Removing the webs will make it more useful outside of Halloween.

I agree with this 100%.

The really funny thing is that the Labyrinth mausoleums that this decoration has to be based on don't have the webs in the first place.

• Like 1

My friend in the EU recently started playing GW2 and I am on NA servers. We can't play together AT ALL, despite being able to be in the same party. He can't even come over as a guest. He has other friends playing on the EU so he won't be migrating to the NA server but its extremely bizarre that we can legit be in the same party but not instance.

PLEASE either enable the ability for us to be a "Guest" on overseas servers so anyone with friends not in their region can hang out! Or just straight allow us to play with our overseas friends if we right click to "join their instance". Maybe even have some special hybrid instances that are specifically reserved for people that want to play with those overseas in PVE content! There really has to be some reasonable solution to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghin.1653 said:

My friend in the EU recently started playing GW2 and I am on NA servers. We can't play together AT ALL, despite being able to be in the same party. He can't even come over as a guest. He has other friends playing on the EU so he won't be migrating to the NA server but its extremely bizarre that we can legit be in the same party but not instance.

PLEASE either enable the ability for us to be a "Guest" on overseas servers so anyone with friends not in their region can hang out! Or just straight allow us to play with our overseas friends if we right click to "join their instance". Maybe even have some special hybrid instances that are specifically reserved for people that want to play with those overseas in PVE content! There really has to be some reasonable solution to this.

This is because characters are on two different server clusters Eu and Na.

While the party system, guild system, mail and blacklion trading post are shared bettwen both clusters.

Why dont you start an account on the Eu server cluster to play with your friend?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1