PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart breaks.... Poor rev's only had one thing going for them in the PvP scene with its hammer 2 in WvW and now they are going to trash the thing. I mean rev's get pushed so far behind in sPvP and in WvW that it makes it hard to even want to play one. On the other hand mesmers for a fact are doing godly in every single role of the game gets a brief look at and nothing done to them? Truly hurts me to see rev given the treatment it has gotten.

@"Shazmataz.1423" said:A general comment.Please, when making any changes keep diversity of builds in mind. It is boring to have to be a "certain" build to be competitive. Please make it so that all builds can be competitive in their way. Diversity is the spice of life.

I think the opposite.

We know that SPvP is unbalanced because many reasons:

• Different Necks ( sigils more ore less are fine, even though the "on swap" sigils are random as passive skills, and need to go ).
  • Different Builds
  • Low resources for SPvP ( and WvW ofc ) TEAM.
  • All game modes share all skills

Given the fact that they are now starting to separate skills from the 3 modalities, here what would be the new situation

• Different Necks ( sigils more ore less are fine, even though the "on swap" sigils are random as passive skills, and need to go ).
  • Different Builds

Now they want to point at build diversity, but instead i suggest both developers and players to stop for a moment and think about what is mostly needed.

Diversity or Balance?

Imho, since it's clear that a mmo can't provvide diversity and balance altogether ( not GW2 fault, but the RPG elements which are part of every single mmo ), i would prefer to have 9 different classes with a standard build, weapon set, neck, sigils and that SPvP team continue to work on them in order to incrase the balance the more the time passes.

Diversity brings more problems than advantages, expecially in what should have been a competitive mode.

I will definitely prefer to play with the same 9 classes and get more skilled with all of em than have to change the build because of the meta reasons ( yesterday staff was op, now sword and scepter. Tomorrow focus and warhorn ).

Players should ask themselves what they mostly need, and if they would be ok to sacrifice something in order to achieve that goal or not.Currently you can play the build you want, and try everything, but it's not fun because:

• You are not competitive.
  • You are matched with players which are "experimenting something new".
  • You could find them in the opposite team, having an easy match instead of a competitive one
  • Players won't be able to learn a class because they will always change something, and they indeed will become less skilled i compared to the "chose your class only" scenario.
  • There will be way less balance if compared to a base character selection. Always.

Splitting the skills between SPvP and the rest is a good step.Now please realize that in order to achieve balance you need to sacrifice something else ( and that in a competitive gameplay balance is supposed to be the first goal, before diversity and whatever else ).

Revenant:

Versed in Stone: Huge nerf. No one really uses the retribution line already. I'd rather just see the trait changed to something else. The 50% condition dmg portion is good though.

Eye for a eye: I don't think I ever see anyone use this trait in pvp. I already considered it a weak trait to begin with. 45 seconds taunt and now 90 second just isnt worth it compared to the other two major traits.

I think rite of the great dwarf energy cost should be changed, 40 is way too high in pvp. I think 30 might be a good balance.

@The Ace.9105 said:I understand the idea behind making the game less passive but the passive skills have a huge difference in pvp and there should be somekind of baseline on what a passive > invuln trait should do and how it should be treated when looking at reducing cd and making adjustments. Ele doesn't have passive invuln traits and the only traitcomparable gives 3 blocks for 5s. It feels pretty dumb to have a trait that only gives you 3 blocks every 90s while other classes are immune to damage and warrior gets nice > buffs also.

This.

It's kinda scary to look at your own classes proposed nerfs, but if other classes are nerfed as well it can turn out to be good. Im not bothering reading all the proposals for every class, but I can say that I am happy with the intention to nerf across the board and with the intention to increase build diversity. These are really necessary, so kudos for that Anet.

When I look from a PvP Ranger perspective:

• The damage nerf on Solar Beam aint necessary. The damage on this weapon is already bad. Don't forget that meta druids use mender's amulet, so it needs 1050 power and 560 precision to hit as hard as it does now: kinda low. Besides, the Staff doesn't have any other weapon skills with reasonable damage.
  • CA cooldown nerf: nah. Its a main condi cleanse. If you think CA is overpowered, you could nerf the stealth on leaving it or nerf its healing potential (which you already intend to do).
  • You want to buff axe in an insignificant way. This weapon is quite bad for PvP. But where are the buffs to Shortbow and GS autoattack for example?
  • Protective ward: hmmm. If you want to reduces passives in the game, just redesign the trait instead of increasing some cooldowns.
  • Refined Toxins nerf I can understand. But add something extra to it if you decide to increase its cooldown by that much.
  • Reducing might stacking for Ranger aint necessary. I can understand GotL nerf, but I don't understand the nerfing of other might stacking options.

Okay so... After playing holosmith in wvw for quite a while now, I came to love this class very very much. Seeing the changes made to engi makes me wonder if anet even cares for this class at all and if they make ''balances'' to it based only on other people's complaints.Holosmith is already an unviable class for zergs in the current wvw condi meta, having low damage, extremely low survivability and self sustain compared to other classes like scourge or spellbreaker. Why nerf it even more? Seriously, ruining the only skill that gives stability, not giving any proper condi cleanses and even reducing the main source of damage is not simply nerfing an already disadvantaged class, it's putting a final nail to its coffin.Since I don't play pvp often, I really can't say much about the effect these changes have there, but if holosmiths are indeed so OP in pvp as many say, why include these nerfs in wvw?

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

Engineer

Skills

• Mortar Shot: Increased the power coefficient from 0.8 to 1.0 (+25%) in PvP and WvW
  • Poison Gas Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Endothermic Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Flash Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

INCREASE THE VELOCITY of mortar skills. The reason nobody uses mortar is because they can't hit anything (moving) with it at range (The travel time is way too long (2.5s)). Consider giving back it's condi cleans on elixir shell, by removing the alchemical tinctures trait you guys have removed way more condi cleanses than you probably thought of. Adding a stunbreaker to orbital strike would also be quite unique and make mortar more in line with the other elite skills (they also increase survivability).

and FIX MED KIT! (0.75s cast time, +1k more healing on bandage self, aoe #2-5 skills that activate the moment they hit the ground, add another condi cleans on #2 and 1 on bandage self, increase cooldown of #2 to 10 sec and increase the health by 1k (you can remove all healing from #3-5)) With the last balance patch the condie cleanses have been transfered from the utility slots to the healing slots/F1, but because most of the healing skills are just too bad at healing (making them not desirable as healing skills) we can't make good use of the new condi cleanses allocation. Engineers currently have more trouble dealing with condies than when before the condi nerf and condi cleans nerf balance patches were introduced. The removal of alchemical tinctures was not well thought through. (the goal is to make it's healing capabilities similar to healing turret but with it's cleanses spread out more so you dont waste all your cleanses when you use the healing skill (=problem with healing turret now))

Give Detonate Flame blast (flamethrower #2) back some power damage +130% . Power builds can't use flamethrower anymore since anet turned its only combat usefull power attack into a condi attack on 22 february 2017 (to later nerf flamethrower's condi burst damage on 12 december 2017). (We were also not compensated for the removal of the cooldown reduction trait (Fireforged Trigger) on 23/6/2015)

We also need cooldown compensations for the removal of skilled marksman? Core rifle builds were already virtually non existant and you removed the only trait that makes playing it bearable (holosmiths didn't use this trait). There were already a power buff and a condi buff trait people could choose from in the master traits of the firearms traitline. It made no sense replacing skilled marksman by a hybrid damage buff. (hurting PVP/WVW build options for PVE'ers who can't make up their mind?) skilled marksman gave the needed survivability to rifle builds (lower cooldowns on mobility, hard cc and immobilize)

Together with the med kit changes you also have to put back some condi cleanses on utility/elite skills because the removal of alchemical tinctures is the most negatively impactfull single change that has ever been done to the engineer class. (it was an overnerf, no doubt about it) Elixir spammer builds were never overpowered because elixirs dont do damage (other than elixir x), elixirs are now basically gadgets 2.0 . (=bad thing) If the condi cleansing problem of the class is not adressed engineer will become even less used than it is now.(holosmith is the only thing keeping this class alive atm in wvw roaming)

Also give grenades it's 1200 range back and make the velocity increase of the "Grenadier" trait baseline. Because grenades (technically 900 range now) are ground targeted skills they will land only about 300 range infront of your feet when throwing while running fowards.

Make the 0.5s fuse time of the "Short Fuse" trait baseline so bomb kit can be used without having to use the explosions traitline .

I'm more concerned with the fluidity of gameplay and enjoying my chosen class than I am with damage output. Scourge Shade cast times (0.5s) in addition to the CD changes proposed here will mean that the class has virtually nothing to do but auto attack while it waits for skills to recharge. Inevitably this will make for some very slow, tedious gameplay. By all means, please telegraph our skills and reduce their efficacy, but please do not suck all the joy and fun out of playing.

Did you really think all the way through about these changes?

If you add more cd to Desert Shroud which it might be ok (I'm a main necro WvW player), you will consequently nerf all the following traits and some of them will be completely useless:

• Awaken the pain
  • Spiteful Spirit
  • Plague Sending
  • Furious Demise
  • Weakening Shroud
  • Armored Shroud
  • Shrouded Removal
  • Beyond the veil: It was already super useless when playing scourge and is even more crap
  • Unholy Sanctuary: It's not going to be nerfed but it's a trait that it hsould has been reworked since its half useful when using scourge.
  • Life from Death: It was already super useless when playing scourge and is even more crap
  • Unholy Martyr
  • Speed of shadows
  • Foot in the Grave
  • Death Percetion

If you go ahead with these changes you will have to rework all the above traits and make them interesting and useful for all the Specs. (Necro core / Reaper / Scourge )

Furthermore, if you really want to split all the skills/traits between PVP/WvW and PVE you should also go through all which are not very useful in PvP/WvW and players don't play them such as Lingering Curse.

Thank you Anet for taking in consideration our opinions in relation with this topic.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Revenant

Skills

• Razorclaw's Rage: Increased the Bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Icerazor's Ire: Increased the Power coefficient from 3.7 to 4.6 (+24%) in PvP and WvW
  • Soothing Stone: Increased the number of conditions cleansed from 3 to 5 in PvP and WvW
  • Vengeful Hammers: Reduced the upkeep cost from 7 to 6 in PvP and WvW
  • Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Embrace the Darkness: Increased the attribute bonus from 10% to 15% in PvP and WvW
  • Banish Enchantments: Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW
  • Pain Absorption: Reduced the energy cost from 35 to 30 in PvP and WvW

Thief

Skills

• Heartseeker: Increased the power coefficients at all thresholds by 20% in PvP and WvW. The new values are as follows.
    • Above 50%: 1.0 to 1.2
    • Below 50%: 1.5 to 1.8
    • Below 25%: 2.0 to 2.4
  • Infiltrator's Strike: Increased the power coefficient from .75 to .9 (+20%) in PvP and WvW
  • Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing from 5240 to 6026 (+15%) in PvP and WvW
  • Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit from 965 to 1206 (+25%) in PvP and WvW

Ranger

Skills

• Winter's Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5 (+20%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Splitblade: Increased the power coefficient per axe from 0.3 to 0.4 (+33%) in PvP and WvW
  • Instinctive Engage: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 1 (+67%) in PvP and WvW
  • Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Ambidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW
  • Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

Engineer

Skills

• Poison Dart Volley: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Glue Shot: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Mortar Shot: Increased the power coefficient from 0.8 to 1.0 (+25%) in PvP and WvW
  • Poison Gas Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Endothermic Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Flash Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Box of Nails: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Magnet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Throw Mine: Increased the damage from 1.8 to 2.0 (+11%) in PvP and WvW
  • Static Shock (A.E.D.): Increased the stun duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW

Necromancer

Skills

• Signet of Undeath: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Life Siphon: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dark Pact: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Vampirism: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal from 3960 to 4950 (+25%) in PvP and WvW
  • Well of Blood: Increased the base heal from 5240 to 6026 (+15%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the heal per pulse from 280 to 490 (+75%) in PvP and WvW
  • Spectral Grasp: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Blood is Power: Adjusted the Might granted from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Well of Suffering: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only. Increased the amount of Vulnerability applied per pulse from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP only.
  • Signet of the Locust: Increased the power coefficient from 0.65 to 1.0 (+54%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal per hit from 970 to 1455 (+50%) in PvP and WvW

I would like to see those buffs in PVE as well as the energy-reductions for Revenant in the last update. Why strengthen the skills for PvP and WvW, but let them be worse in PvE?Especially the Well of Blood change for Necromancer is somethink, I would like to see for years now. Since you decreased the duration from 10s to 5s but only increase the pulsing heal by 50% instead of 100%, This would make this skill so much better.

@LottonTheWizard.2591 said:My heart breaks.... Poor rev's only had one thing going for them in the PvP scene with its hammer 2 in WvW and now they are going to trash the thing. I mean rev's get pushed so far behind in sPvP and in WvW that it makes it hard to even want to play one. On the other hand mesmers for a fact are doing godly in every single role of the game gets a brief look at and nothing done to them? Truly hurts me to see rev given the treatment it has gotten.

You know, I have to reply to this. Hammer backline rev was really the last thing revenants had, anywhere. We only do the high levels of damage because we run z e r k e r and can be easily smashed by any good melee push. Revs are not competitive in pvp, they are too squish in a lot of group pve content if you want to do any damage. There is little else we have for clearing condis or even dreaming of being a melee class of any kind. So here is the thing. IF YOU ARE GOING TO NERF HAMMER REV like this, you absolutely need to add other elements to rev diversity. Hell, KITTENS, even make renegade something we can use in wvw or pvp. What even is that elite and legend? You have nothing to personally support yourself with and the AoE's do little for competitive guilds for said loss of support. Sure, PvE, but nowhere else I assure you. Best gvg guilds run backline glint hammer.

For competitive play....ventari healer: mediocrecondi glint rev: mediocrerenegade support/dps: mediocrecondi renegade: mediocre (try to kill anything with shortbow, GL)anything with mallyx because of boon corrupt to immob: mediocresword sword shiro: fun and gimmicky roaming build at first, but once you learn to dodge its two best attacks, mediocre

Over the years rev has become my main because I enjoyed the challenge of trying to find a place for it. It really had little presence for awhile. I play ever other class. They seem to have a plethora of options for build diversity, but rev doesn't have much.

In regards to Inmobilize when corrupting resistance, I don't think is that crazy as people is crying about. Maybe it can be a bit to hash for some players, but this kind of corruption is a good way to avoid resistance spamming bots and it enhances skillful players that know when to use it.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:A message from the Competitive and Skills & Balance Teams:

Hi folks! The Competitive team and the Skills & Balance team have been working together closely on a future balance release that focuses almost entirely on PvP and WvW skill splits. As part of this, we wanted to switch things up and approach this release similar to how we approached the PvP sigil changes we did a while back, when we released our first draft of the proposed changes.

With this set of proposed changes, we'd like to get your thoughts and ideas on both our high level goals and how we're going about accomplishing them. You guys may bring up concerns or thoughts we didn't consider. While reviewing these changes, please consider them as a whole rather than focusing on individual classes.

We're looking forward to a productive discussion!

High Level Goals

Reduce influence of passive traits. (PvP not WvW)

• Passive skills make the game less skillful.
  • The prevalence of passives is a common competitive player complaint. (PvP only)

Increase build diversity

• By decreasing the power of some of the more dominant builds, we hope to give increased viability to builds that previously were pushed out by these dominant specs. We're also increasing power levels in some targeted areas that previously were underperforming.

Reduce effectiveness of offensive instant cast skills/traits

• Instant cast spells don't give players an opportunity to respond. While we don't want to remove combos utilizing instant cast abilities, we wanted to reduce the impact they have.

General

• Rune of Surging has been removed from the PvP build panel
  • Magi Amulet has been removed from the PvP build panel

Warrior

Skills

• Full Counter: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.75 to 1.5 (-14%) in PvP and WvW
  • Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.55, 0.55, 0.85 to 0.4, 0.4, 0.85 (-15% overall) in PvP and WvW
  • Aura Slicer: Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Disrupting Stab: Reduced stun duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP and WvW
  • Breaching Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.5 to 1.2 (-20%) in PvP and WvW
  • Break Enchantments: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%). Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW
  • Featherfoot Grace: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Frenzy: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased Might granted from 5 stacks to 10 stacks in PvP and WvW
  • Rampage Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 100 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds
    • Kick: Reduced the cooldown from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW
    • Dash: Reduced the cooldown from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW
    • Throw Boulder: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW
    • Seismic Leap: Reduced the cooldown from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Battle Standard: Reduced the cooldown from 240 seconds to 180 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Crushing Blow: Increased the power coefficient from 1.2 to 1.5 (+25%) in PvP and WvW. Adjusted Vulnerability applied from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Tremor: Increased knockdown duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Sword Autoattack chain: Increased the power coefficients from 0.6, 0.6, 0.6 to 0.6, 0.6, 1.0 (+22%) in PvP and WvW
  • Flurry: Increased the power coefficient from 1.04 to 2.0 (+92%) in PvP and WvW
  • Savage Leap: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW
  • Flaming Flurry: Increased the power coefficient from 1.04 to 2.0 (+92%) in PvP and WvW
  • "To the Limit!": Increased endurance granted from 50 to 100
  • Blood Reckoning: Increased damage to healing conversion from 20% to 25% in PvP and WvW. Increased Adrenaline gained from 10 to 30 in PvP and WvW
  • "On My Mark!:" Adjusted Vulnerability applied from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced ammo recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • "For Great Justice!": Adjusted Might granted from 6 stacks for 25 seconds to 12 stacks for 15 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • "Shake It Off!:" Increased the number of conditions cleansed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Last Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Shrug it Off: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only
  • Dead or Alive: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

Revenant

Skills

• Coalescence of Ruin: Reduced the power coefficient of the second impact from 1.75 to 1.5 (-14%) in WvW only. Reduced the power coefficient of the third impact from 2.25 to 1.75 (-22%) in WvW only.
  • Razorclaw's Rage: Increased the Bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Icerazor's Ire: Increased the Power coefficient from 3.7 to 4.6 (+24%) in PvP and WvW
  • Soothing Stone: Increased the number of conditions cleansed from 3 to 5 in PvP and WvW
  • Vengeful Hammers: Reduced the upkeep cost from 7 to 6 in PvP and WvW
  • Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Embrace the Darkness: Increased the attribute bonus from 10% to 15% in PvP and WvW
  • Banish Enchantments: Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW
  • Pain Absorption: Reduced the energy cost from 35 to 30 in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Eye for an Eye: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Versed in Stone: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Soothing Bastion: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

Guardian

Skills

• Tome of Resolve – Epilogue: Eternal Oasis: Reduced the bonus heal effectiveness from 33% to 20% in PvP and WvW
  • Tome of Resolve – Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery: Reduced the healing power coefficient per condition cleansed from 0.77 to 0.5 (-35%) in PvP and WvW
  • Tome of Resolve – Chapter 1: Desert Bloom: Reduced the healing power coefficient from 0.96 to 0.8 (-17%) in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Resolve: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Leap of Faith: Increased the power coefficient from 1.1 to 1.25 (+14%) in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Mercy: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Sword of Justice: Reduced the ammo recharge time from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Bow of Truth: Reduced the ammo recharge time from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Hammer of Wisdom: Reduced the ammo recharge time from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Feel my Wrath: Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Virtuous Solace: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Hunter's Determination: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Zealous Blade: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

Thief

Skills

• Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.8, 0.85, 1.1 to 0.6, 0.65, 1.1 (-15% overall) in PvP and WvW
  • Heartseeker: Increased the power coefficients at all thresholds by 20% in PvP and WvW. The new values are as follows.
    • Above 50%: 1.0 to 1.2
    • Below 50%: 1.5 to 1.8
    • Below 25%: 2.0 to 2.4
  • Sword Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.8, 0.8, 1.3 to 0.6, 0.6, 1.3 (-14% overall) in PvP and WvW
  • Roll for Initiative: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Shadow Shot: Increased the initiative cost from 4 to 5 in PvP and WvW. Increased Increased the power coefficient from 1.325 to 1.8 (+36%) in PvP and WvW
  • Infiltrator's Strike: Increased the power coefficient from .75 to .9 (+20%) in PvP and WvW
  • Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing from 5240 to 6026 (+15%) in PvP and WvW
  • Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit from 965 to 1206 (+25%) in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Pulmonary Impact: Reduced the power coefficient from 2.8 to 2.0 (-29%) in PvP and WvW
  • Upper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds
  • Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only
  • Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

Ranger

Skills

• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse from 650 to 550 (-15%) in PvP and WvW
  • Solar Beam: Reduced the power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.25 (-17%) in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvW
  • Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Ricochet: Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.8 (+14%) in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Winter's Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5 (+20%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Splitblade: Increased the power coefficient per axe from 0.3 to 0.4 (+33%) in PvP and WvW
  • Instinctive Engage: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 1 (+67%) in PvP and WvW
  • Healing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Shared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only
  • Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing power coefficient from 0.245 to 0.1225 (-50%) in PvP and WvW
  • Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW
  • Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Ambidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvW
  • Two-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

Engineer

Skills

• Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: The stability portion of this trait will now be applied only upon successful hits of Corona Burst
  • Light Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.6 (-40%) in PvP and WvW
  • Holo Leap: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.8 to 1.5 (-17%) in PvP and WvW
  • Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP and WvW
  • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the power coefficient from 0.96 to 0.75 (-22%) in PvP and WvW
  • Spectrum Shield: Increased the shield duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Poison Dart Volley: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Glue Shot: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Box of Nails: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Magnet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Throw Mine: Increased the damage from 1.8 to 2.0 (+11%) in PvP and WvW
  • Static Shock (A.E.D.): Increased the stun duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Elixir X: Reduced the duration of Tornado and Rampage transforms from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 105 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Aim Assisted Rocket: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%) in PvP and WvW
  • Minesweeper: Reduced the power coefficient of each mine from 1.0 to 0.67 (-33%) in PvP and WvW
  • Vent Exhaust: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.75 (-32%) in PvP and WvW
  • Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only
  • Self-Regulating Defenses: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Reactive Lenses: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

Elementalist

Skills

• Glyph of Renewal: Reduced the cooldown from 165 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Stone Resonance: Increased the base Barrier granted per pulse from 972 to 1069 in PvP and WvW
  • Lesser Stone Resonance: Increased the base Barrier granted per pulse from 972 to 1069 in PvP and WvW
  • Shatterstone Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.66 (+66%) in PvP and WvW
  • Impale: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.77 (+28%) in PvP and WvW
  • Ashen Blast: Increased the power coefficient from 0.77 to 1.1 (+43%) in PvP and WvW
  • Steam Surge: Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5 (+50%) in PvP and WvW
  • Lightning Touch: Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5 (+50%) in PvP and WvW
  • Ring of Earth: Increased the number of Bleeding stacks from 1 to 3 in PvP and WvW
  • Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 100 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.
    • Elemental Requiem: Reduced the cooldown from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW
    • Dust Charge: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Burning Fire: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only
  • Tempest Defense: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only
  • Earth's Embrace: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Soothing Ice: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only
  • Final Shielding: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Gale Song: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Pyromancer's Puissance: Adjusted the Might granted from 1 stack for 15 seconds to 2 stacks for 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

Mesmer

Skills

• Illusion of Life: Reduced the cooldown from 120 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 4 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun
  • Compounding Power: Reduced the outgoing damage buff per stack from 3% to 2% in PvP and WvW
  • Phantasmal Force: Reduced the Might granted from 3 stacks to 2 stacks in PvP and WvW
  • Mirror of Anguish: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

Necromancer

Skills

• Garish Pillar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Desert Shroud: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Ghastly Breach: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Plague Signet: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Trail of Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Undeath: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Life Siphon: Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dark Pact: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Vampirism: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal from 3960 to 4950 (+25%) in PvP and WvW
  • Well of Blood: Increased the base heal from 5240 to 6026 (+15%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the heal per pulse from 280 to 490 (+75%) in PvP and WvW
  • Spectral Grasp: Reduced the cooldown from 50 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Blood is Power: Adjusted the Might granted from 10 stacks for 10 seconds to 15 stacks for 6 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Well of Suffering: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only. Increased the amount of Vulnerability applied per pulse from 2 stacks to 4 stacks in PvP only.
  • Signet of the Locust: Increased the power coefficient from 0.65 to 1.0 (+54%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the base heal per hit from 970 to 1455 (+50%) in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Reaper's Protection: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Last Gasp: Increased the cooldown from 50 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only

At first read, I was extremely angry to the point that I almost posted that Anet will not receive any more of my money, considering I’m a regular gem buyer, and yes with real money not gold. Anet has now messed up multiple classes that I’ve played as a main several times in a row now.

BUT, I’ve calmed down now and would like to discuss the engineer holosmith nerfs:You are effectively going to destroy holosmith with this change. You guys put too many nerfs in place here. Dps is what the holosmith is supposed to do, now it won’t be able to do that as much compared to other classes that will now utterly out dps them. You aren’t even giving something to balance this. At least give the skill changes a heat reduction on use so that we can stay in holoform longer.

"Reduce effectiveness of offensive instant cast skills/traitsInstant cast spells don't give players an opportunity to respond. While we don't want to remove combos utilizing instant cast abilities, we wanted to reduce the impact they have."

This should include a look at stealth hiding the wind-up of skills into K.O. combos, most especially when utilized alongside hard cc.

The goal is to give players the opportunity to respond to visual cues. Seeing a player stealth provides some opportunity, but this opportunity is not provided when it is done off screen.

(1) Remove the stun elements of Confounding Suggestions and Unforgiving.(2) Add revealed to additional skills upon activation (not completion) that are problematic in these scenarios (Mirror Blade, etc.).

And what about the mesmer's scepter? What happens with the condition "confusion" of the mesmer? especially with the "Punishing" conditions of the scepter, and related traits. There is no change or adaptation? Because right now compared to the other weapons of the mesmer, it is useless. Not even the G Trait of the scepter competes with the others.

The scepter needs a big reworks, but a reworks that can compete for example with the sword, because right now the sword has many advantages, it gives you mobility, invulnerability, remove buffs, immobilize, skill 1 ambush spam clones and teleport (apart from the great jump you can do, to move).

And the scepter alone ... a salvo of projectiles with a duration of 2s between "confusion" and "torment", let's laugh ... then it only gives you access to two conditions that are very easy to clean, basically it's an applicator of two conditions, because what was designed, which is to punish the enemy, is not fulfilling its objective right now (because te foe remove it very fast, long before it takes effect), apart, it does not have mobility, not even a small teleport, nor a synergy with the clones, you can not fool the enemy, it is only an applicator of very preventable conditions for the enemy.

The scepter, should be the most faithful weapon of the mesmer from Guild Wars 1 but on Guild Wars 2, and when I say true, I mean mechanics like "Empathy" or "Backfire". Spells or abilities that punish enemies. And as now, the changes to the formula of damage in the "Confusion" have changed, it has a negative impact on pve and pvp. But still, it is very nerf and poor, hardly noticeable. There are other professions like the warrior or the engineer, which better applies the "Confusion" than the mesmer, with large quantities and long durations. I see it as unfair, and unrealistic, that other professions that are not hypnotists, can confuse better than the mesmer.

The scepter need some changes favorable, so that it can compete with the other weapons of mesmer. With my suggestions, I hope you reflect where I want to come with ideas:

Add the + 20% base speed for scepter. (Only skills of scepter, no other skills).*

Ether Confusings (Skill AA 1 scepter)Shoot a bolt of energy at your target.Damage: 183x1 Confusion (3s)Range: 900

Ether Tormentings (Skill AA 2 scepter)Shoot a second bolt of energy at your target.Damage: 183x1 Torment (3s)Range: 900

Ether Nightmare (Skill AA 3 scepter)Deliver a damaging attack directly to your target mind inflicting confusion and torment. Summon a clone that casts Ether Confusings if the foe overcomes an accumulation of confusion.Damage: 275x1 Confusion (3s)x1 Torment (3s)Threshold of confusion: 3Range: 900

With the base increase of attack speed and abilities of the scepter, you would generate clones aggressively, to avoid that but without losing the synergy with the mechanics of scepter punishment, now you only invoke clones if the enemy is confused, it is more coherent, and It fits better with the scepter.

Illusionary Counter (Skill 2 scepter)Block the next attack, teletransporting you to another place nearby of you foe. Applying Torment on area and creating a clone in your previous position that casts Ether Confusings. Inflict Confusion instead create of clone if you have the maximum number of illusions.Damage: 367x5 Torment (8s)x1 Confusion (8s) If you have the maximum number of illusions.Evade: ½sBlock Duration: 2sRadius: 240Number of Targets: 3Range: 900

Counterspell (Skill alternative 2 scepter)Shoot out a bolt that blinds foes in a line. If they were activating or attacking, they get confused. If he was moving, you inflict torment them.Damage: 37Blind (5s)x1 Torment (8s)x1 Confusion (3s)Number of Targets: 5Range: 900

Confusing ImagesChannel an beam at a targeted foe, and secondary beams at foes near your target, confusing them. If they were moving, cause also torment.Damage (6x): 1,320x6 Confusion (7s)x6 Torment (7s) If they were movingNumber of Targets: 5Radius: 240Range: 900

With these scepter changes, it would be a weapon specialized in punishing enemies, especially confuse. Punish more if the enemies are activating abilities, moving or attacking. It is the closest thing to the mesmer of Guild Wars 1. In addition, I updated the name of the scepter's abilities, because basically, it is a weapon where the mesmer plays with the enemy's mind, creating false images.

Ether Barrage (Skill 1 Scepter Ambush)Launch a barrage of ethers orbs at your foe, inflicting either confusion. Then teletransporting away from your enemy and creating a clone in your previous position. Condition duration halved for clones.Damage (5x): 460x5 Confusion (4s)Range teleport: 240Range: 1,200

With this change, I would compete with the skill 1 Ambush swords of the mesmer, apply only confusion to be coherent with the synergy of the scepter, and a small teleport generating a clone. It would compensate with the lack of damage and little mobility.

Traits

Cry of PainCry of Frustration inflicts more stacks of confusion for an increased duration and grants retaliations.x1Retaliations (4s)Additional Stacks: 2Duration Increase: 33%

This trait would be the "Empathy" spell and the "Backfire" of the mesmer of Guild Wars 1, the enemy receives damage whenever he activates a skill or attack, and also receives damage if he hits the mesmer.

Master of MisdirectionShatter skills gain recharge reduction, yours illusions inflict confusion on nearby the foes, if it is destroyed by foe.x1 Confusion (3s)Number of Targets: 5Radius: 240Recharge Reduced: 15%

Here we have really a trait consistent with the name. If the enemy destroys an illusion of yours, he will be punished the wrong way.

And finally, the most important trait for scepter and "confusion".

Malicious SorceryWhile wielding a scepter, you gain +150 damage condition, and 20% recharge of skill scepter. Scepter skills inflict "Vulnerability" on enemies with a accumulation of confusion.Condition Damage: +150x1 Vulnerability (3s)Threshold of confusion: 6Recharge Reduced: 20%

Malicious witchcraft has to be a trait that punishes the enemy, it is the perfect trait for confusion. Its name indicates it, it has to be a cruel and punishing sorcery.

So you gonna tell us, if you want winning fights, you should bring more warriors as you can?Actually i don't think your balance team had experienced the fights in wvw.Currently the situation is the melee trains are unstoppable if there's 10+ spellbreakers in enemy's squad.The spellbreaker keep spam the stances, and put WoD on your face,and the second, the third, so on. After the 10th WoD, the 1st is finished the cool down,So there's endless WoD on the field. Is it the result you wanna see??To be honest, I only can see anet's staff on the map in karma train time zone,that's meaningless for doing anything.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@"Shazmataz.1423" said:A general comment.Please, when making any changes keep diversity of builds in mind. It is boring to have to be a "certain" build to be competitive. Please make it so that all builds can be competitive in their way. Diversity is the spice of life.

I think the opposite.

We know that SPvP is unbalanced because many reasons:
  • Different Builds

Given the fact that they are now starting to separate skills from the 3 modalities, here what would be the new situation
  • Different Builds

Now they want to point at build diversity, but instead i suggest both developers and players to stop for a moment and think about what is mostly needed.

Diversity or Balance?

Imho, since it's clear that a mmo can't provvide diversity and balance altogether ( not GW2 fault, but the RPG elements which are part of every single mmo ), i would prefer to have 9 different classes with a standard build, weapon set, neck, sigils and that SPvP team continue to work on them in order to incrase the balance the more the time passes.

Diversity brings more problems than advantages, expecially in what should have been a competitive mode.

I will definitely prefer to play with the same 9 classes and get more skilled with all of em than have to change the build because of the meta reasons ( yesterday staff was op, now sword and scepter. Tomorrow focus and warhorn ).

Players should ask themselves what they mostly need, and if they would be ok to sacrifice something in order to achieve that goal or not.Currently you can play the build you want, and try everything, but it's not fun because:
  • You are not competitive.
  • You are matched with players which are "experimenting something new".
  • You could find them in the opposite team, having an easy match instead of a competitive one
  • Players won't be able to learn a class because they will always change something, and they indeed will become less skilled i compared to the "chose your class only" scenario.
  • There will be way less balance if compared to a base character selection. Always.

Splitting the skills between SPvP and the rest is a good step.Now please realize that in order to achieve balance you need to sacrifice something else ( and that in a competitive gameplay balance is supposed to be the first goal, before diversity and whatever else ).

Proper balance can bring proper diversity.

@protox.6085 said:Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyLast Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

This will kill core warriors this is the only thing that keeps us alive now adays.

they should not be able to live forever like a bunker while also being able to deal massive, consistent damages to opponents. This change is needed.

@"Taranis.7451" said:I'm more concerned with the fluidity of gameplay and enjoying my chosen class than I am with damage output. Scourge Shade cast times (0.5s) in addition to the CD changes proposed here will mean that the class has virtually nothing to do but auto attack while it waits for skills to recharge. Inevitably this will make for some very slow, tedious gameplay. By all means, please telegraph our skills and reduce their efficacy, but please do not suck all the joy and fun out of playing.

having basically an unlimited amount of barrier is "healthy" then, if I am not mistaking your words here. No. It is not. One of the skills getting a longer CD is needed to promote counterplay. Please consider this:Barrier, now, lasts for 5 seconds, and does not slowly degenerate over time any longer, meaning that 3k barrier you can place on yourself is technically almost constant uptime, considering barriers last said 5 seconds and the CD is what, 6-8 seconds. Yeah. Not healthy at all. These changes are much needed.

Archived