Anime Characters

lezbefriends.7516

I think we passed the point of immersion breaking a long time ago with many of the BL skins.

I dont like the lack of identity GW2 has carved itself out at times, but if players are enjoying themselves, spending money and keeping the game alive allowing me to do my own thing, by and large I can turn a blind eye to it and accept it.

If orhers wish to emulate anime, marvel or other franchises, frankly it is their right to do so

IMO Anet should really try to get back SOME immersion. However, as long as the incorrectly called "anime style" don't become part of the canon (Like Elin, Lalafell and Miqo'te do for their respective games), I'm totally ok with people customizing their characters as they want.

@"Ardid.7203" said:IMO Anet should really try to get back SOME immersion. However, as long as the incorrectly called "anime style" don't become part of the canon (Like Elin, Lalafell and Miqo'te do for their respective games), I'm totally ok with people customizing their characters as they want.

Weeeellllll..... cough cough

Personally, I like that they give some lore justification for their existence. In the case of the chaos gloves and celestial infusions, they used it on an NPC who has become too close to the Mists and gone insane from it. As well as two beings who apparently came from the Mists.

@Randulf.7614 said:I think we passed the point of immersion breaking a long time ago with many of the BL skins.

I dont like the lack of identity GW2 has carved itself out at times, but if players are enjoying themselves, spending money and keeping the game alive allowing me to do my own thing, by and large I can turn a blind eye to it and accept it.

If orhers wish to emulate anime, marvel or other franchises, frankly it is their right to do so

This.I would just like to have options to stanrdardize every single model ( gliders, mounts, dyes, armors, weapons, sounds ) and remove all minis.

ANET please :anguished:

Partly it depends on what you class as an anime character.

A while back i made a female human ranger, pink hair in that slightly wild flicked back style and pink armor, everyone who sees her comments on how anime she looks. The daft thing is I don't even like anime, I wouldn't have a clue how to make a character look anime , I just designed a character I liked the look of, and a colour scheme that is totally impractical for a ranger.

So we are back to the problem of how do you stop people making anime characters if someone who doesn't watch anime can do it.

I don't find chaos gloves or celestial infusions particularly anime-like (I'm talking about what people has began to describe as "anime": minimalist faces with giant eyes and no nose, dragon ball z, idols, catgirls, oversized swords, j-pop aethetics, spiky and absurd hairstyles...)

@"Mortifera.6138" said:What are your thoughts on people playing anime characters? Is it ok to do what you want, or does it break the immersion for other players?

Pardon my intrusion but can anyone define "anime characters" to me? Do you mean like customizing a character's look to be anime-ish, like big eyes and weird hair colors, etc?

@"Randulf.7614" said:I think we passed the point of immersion breaking a long time ago with many of the BL skins.

"BL Skins"? What is that? What does BL stand for, cause anime world has a definition for it but I don't think GW2 has skins that represent that, x3.

Doubt there are more than a handful of skins, dyes, character customization options and names which are not seen as immersion breaking by one person or another depending on how hardcore they are. Rather have everything than have nothing as far as I am concerned.

@Razor.6392 said:How would this break anybody's immersion? Wth? How could a clueless roleplayer even recognize an anime character in the first place, and why are anime characters the only possible immersion-breaking character ideas in the game?

Did you want an analogy so you could point out the flaws in the analogy and, unwittingly, all analogies in general?

Archived