Flesh Golem in water!!

Tom Hsiao.9705

Is there any particular reason why flesh golem can't be in the water? This has been bothering me for a while every time I get in the water and boom my flesh golem is gone and rest of the not so useful minions still around...

Please make Flesh golem able to survive in the water or come up with another Elite summon that can swim in the water!!!

@Pansoul.9436 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:This has been bothering me since launch ;) .

@derd.6413 said:probably to do with charge.

Orr's undead sharks and even gw2's living sharks can perfectly charge underwater...

probably different charge in pasta code

Aren't flesh golem use charr animation, which has "charge" animation while underwater?

i'm not talking about animations

@Oglaf.1074 said:What I absolutely hate is how it goes on cooldown if you as much dip your toes in a puddle! :(

Agreed. While I feel it should work underwater (other minions do, it's not overpowered and, as has been pointed out, the animations definitely exist), something to stop that (stowing like a ranger pet?) would be nice. I get that they can't remove the cooldown in water else you could just summon it, get it killed and dive into the nearest water to instantly recharge your elite, but an alternative would be great. The Skimmer is a godsend in terms of keeping the golem on more watery maps, but it's a workaround that shouldn't be necessary.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I’m fine with it not “working” underwater.

What I absolutely hate is how it goes on cooldown if you as much dip your toes in a puddle! :(

That's because you automatically switch to your underwater elite.

And yes, this is annoying as all get out. I don't care what the animation looks like as long as I can use it!

• 3 weeks later...

I always assumed it was because the existing skill set for submerged necros is OP, so allowing the golem as well would be unbalanced. It's function is essentially to tank, and underwater you really don't need that since a lot of aoes radiate from your location.

@Biff.5312 said:I always assumed it was because the existing skill set for submerged necros is OP, so allowing the golem as well would be unbalanced. It's function is essentially to tank, and underwater you really don't need that since a lot of aoes radiate from your location.

It just kills the summon build in water without flesh golem...the other summons are just not strong enough to tank any elite they die so fast

I do not expect FG underwater.

Most likely, the UI will be updated to make movement less clumsy and fiddly. The trailing camera could be changed and UW skills and auto-attacks may be refreshed. Things like mobility skills may get polished for better performance. Sink and float could be changed, and so on.

Honestly, Necro is not as bad underwater as many other professions.

Expect a map with more UW content coming.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Flesh Golem underwater is something we've been specifically looking into, but won't be getting changed with tomorrow's patch.

Why not just make it an undead shark? There's already a model (Risen Shark) and I believe sharks already have a rush/dash animation. Moa signet and ranger spirits use different models underwater, why not the necro minions?

@Tobias.8632 said:

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:Flesh Golem underwater is something we've been specifically looking into, but won't be getting changed with tomorrow's patch.

Just to make it clear, we all care about being able to bring our necros to raids much more then we care about being able to use flesh golem underwater. PvE buffs pls.

"All"? Ehhh, last I checked, the raiding crowd was still a small - yet important and vocal - crowd. I hope you guys get the balance fixes you need, but Open World is still a much bigger part of the game, population-wise.

Archived