Flesh Golem in water!!

Tom Hsiao.9705

@Endelon.1042 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Flesh Golem underwater is something we've been specifically looking into, but won't be getting changed with tomorrow's patch.

Why not just make it an undead shark? There's already a model (Risen Shark) and I believe sharks already have a rush/dash animation. Moa signet and ranger spirits use different models underwater, why not the necro minions?

Eh ... sharks have horribly mismatched hitboxes with their visual model.

@Tobias.8632 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Flesh Golem underwater is something we've been specifically looking into, but won't be getting changed with tomorrow's patch.

Just to make it clear, we all care about being able to bring our necros to raids much more then we care about being able to use flesh golem underwater. PvE buffs pls.

Speak for yourself. I care more about underwater flesh golems over raids.

@MrFayth.3546 said:Not sure why they would make it an announcement on their homepage if it was just a numbers tweak.

Future note; Don't do that.

I dunno what will come with this patch but who said it will only be a numbers tweak? I mean there are alot that can be done to underwater combat and Flesh golem may be one of many things that didn't get in to this patch. Or is there anyhwere right now that we can see what will be in the patch ?

@Endelon.1042 said:

Why not just make it an undead shark? There's already a model (Risen Shark) and I believe sharks already have a rush/dash animation. Moa signet and ranger spirits use different models underwater, why not the necro minions?

I have thought the same thing but I it led me to conclude the issue is more than just changing the model - it must have to do with the elite skill timer...

Now I still don't under stand why the FG can't just go into and out of the water with you even if the animations are wonky. The little minions seem to do just fine...wth?

And the elite ranger spirit turns into a dolphin if I recall.

TBH, I find this a bit surprising. Doesn't Flesh Golem use the charr rigging (similar posture at least, and I want to say same idle animation though it's been YEARS since I've used Flesh Golem outside of superflashyraidpractices), so there should be animations for swimming and a charge effect already. In fact, during the earlier betas and demos, I recall that Flesh Golem was used underwater.

Unless the reasoning is that there are still to be a number of skills not usable underwater, and that number of unusable elites for necros means flesh golem got the odd man out. (if so, that's one of the biggest issues with underwater combat and I hope that the number of skills usable underwater is increased; well we'll see in a few hours).

To be honest this could have easily bing rigged to change to one of the nasty risen sharks and other risen sea creatures for the other minions. There are tons of them in the game that I use to see all the time.

Speaking of which side noteI hope when you guys do this change you will look at all the other minions that have not ben updated sense 2012/2013 (aside from shadow fiend)

Can't you try applying a shark's swim animations on their rig? While the model would not match the animations properly and it'll likely flop about awkwardly, you have to admit that it's at least worth trying as much as riding a wyvern.

a swimming golem would be rough, but how about the golem be changed into an undead drake?it would lose some of the flavor by changing the model, but ranger drakes can already be land and water and you dont have to switch them out. They already have different animations for swimming and walking already and i wonder if you could stretch and modify the existing flesh golem skin to fit over the drakes model.

change the front arms to legs, maybe change the spine to just bone, shorten the tail and then maybe half the head is just bone while the rest is rotting flesh. so semi unique model, probably a lot of work for a re-skin and then simple attack animations with a charge ability.

not trying to do your job, just thinking up possible idea's. I want bob to swim with me when i go to the southsun beaches!!

• 3 months later...

Archived