time to lower the rank requirement again.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:OP wants shinies, and he wants them fast. More posts about "make wxp obtainable via gemstore", or "make double wxp weekends" confirm this. It took me nearly 20 months of wvw (no eotm ktrains or whatever) to get to 3k rank, approximately. All i can suggest is play the mode and stop asking for that blatant discrimination among New vs old players.

You say I want them fast then say I've been making post for 20 months about it lol, how is that fast?

You can reread what i wrote.

Yah I skimmed it, sorry. Well I still disagree after reading it, it's not really feasible getting that hi a rank with the current population. Also my posts do go back about these issues for about a year saying that we needed a better way to get things and that I don't understand why they make the ranks so obscenely hi.

I do agree though that player kills should award way more then npc kills, but I guess it's to discourage kill trading?

@Shining One.1635 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:WXP from kills depends on how long each player has been alive. And that is so because over farming servers and people at spawn is a thing. It would not be really fair for the farming server to gain 50 ranks per hour, I presume.That's why I specified
unassisted
kills.

Ah, roaming. I wonder what that would solve. Apart from the dueling ones, I presume, whose number isnt really high...

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:OP wants shinies, and he wants them fast. More posts about "make wxp obtainable via gemstore", or "make double wxp weekends" confirm this. It took me nearly 20 months of wvw (no eotm ktrains or whatever) to get to 3k rank, approximately. All i can suggest is play the mode and stop asking for that blatant discrimination among New vs old players.

You say I want them fast then say I've been making post for 20 months about it lol, how is that fast?

You can reread what i wrote.

Yah I skimmed it. Well I still disagree after reading it, it's not really feasible getting that hi a rank with the current population. Also my posts do go back about these issues for about a year saying that we needed a better way to get things and that I don't understand why they make the ranks so obscenely hi.

I do agree though that player kills should award way more then npc kills, but I guess it's to discourage kill trading?

High rank is obtainable now as well. Just play the mode with xp buffs on. I get the same amount of ranks daily even now, where my server is less populated. You just need to play the mode. Anet already released an wxp infusion.

As someone who has been consistently playing in DB for over 9 months, with all kinds of boosters, banners and guild buffs on all the time, it is very hard to get ranks, I'm barely ~500 yet. Server has population but has no k-trains, most of what I get is from the occasional EotM commander or when I manage to start a train running myself. I'll try to get as much as possible this weekend because double XP with boosters is gonna pile up nicely. Furthermore, it is harder to get WxP when you are on the losing side, and DB is basically losing streak the server. Anet should definitely address the ways with which we can get WxP, and I think they will regardless of whether or not you think it works now, because they will have to revise rewards after revamping the mode and getting done with the server divisions.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Some people have been rank 10k for years already, so if you cant get rank 2k you just didnt play hard enough

Better stay in lions arch, afking and QQ on forum on wxp boosts :DDunno what exactly is he doing... from time when pip system arrives i made 1800 ranks, with casual play 2-3h per day max, more in weekend. Normal play, no wxp farming.

@intox.6347 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:Some people have been rank 10k for years already, so if you cant get rank 2k you just didnt play hard enough

Better stay in lions arch, afking and QQ on forum on wxp boosts :DDunno what exactly is he doing... from time when pip system arrives i made 1800 ranks, with casual play 2-3h per day max, more in weekend. Normal play, no wxp farming.

Oh I'm rank 3K thanks.

@intox.6347 said:

I really dont get why for some people, a number than can be farmed is so important... ?

i only play WvW and i play since beta, atm rank 1337(achieved a few days ago) :P, still nice rank tho.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:Some people have been rank 10k for years already, so if you cant get rank 2k you just didnt play hard enough

Some people have a billion dollars since they were born so I guess Africans just didn't work enough? This line of thinking doesn't even connect the first sentence to the following one, makes no sense at all. Of course people have 10k for years by now, game is old, many have been playing* regularly since the start and also for 3+ years. Precisely because of this, an update is due in time for an aging mode that yes, is experiencing a huge drop in players.

I can only imagine some older players actually don't want new people to come in and start regularly playing WvW due to hurting the roaming scene/mindlessly zerging/ruining guild play/etc etc. Anet doesn't seem to share the thought however, since they are slowly but surely starting to make big changes (the pip system was one for example). There is literally no reason to defend it being such a long term achievement unless you want "prestige" (I can understand prestige for challenge motes or God of PvP and such...but prestige for playing the same mode for years? I just don't feel it), and in this case Anet could just stick to what they did in GW1 and put all prestige solely on titles.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Oh I'm rank 3K thanks.

So, where exactly is problem, you have your shiny tentacles, no more title or achieves for higher rank.

@intox.6347 said:

Oh I'm rank 3K thanks.

So, where exactly is problem, you have your shiny tentacles, no more title or achieves for higher rank.

Concerned about other players and low wvw population

And here I am hoping that they have trinkets at higher ranks so I have something to work towards. It'd be no fun to be at rank 1,000 and have all the rewards unlocked and then go "Ok now what do I work on?" We all need goals to work towards. Also it's not like they can't make T2 legendary. The T3 is just so you can have a shiny version.

If you guys cant see that rewards draw in other players, and that the rewards are too far out of reach given the current population and cant put 2 and 2 together, then I cant help you. It would solve 2 birds with one stone to lower rank requirements on rewards, Higher motivation for new players and semi-active players, which in turn would up the wvw population everyone has been complaining about.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:If you guys cant see that rewards draw in other players, and that the rewards are too far out of reach given the current population and cant put 2 and 2 together, then I cant help you. It would solve 2 birds with one stone to lower rank requirements on rewards, Higher motivation for new players and semi-active players, which in turn would up the wvw population everyone has been complaining about.

You got a point. BUT < here is a big BUT

WvW is a mode that not every player likes because of its nature, it is the pvp side of the the mode. If a pure pve player cannot get behind of idea of fighting another player in a game mode, no matter what kind of rewards will not enough to make them LIKE the mode. They will either complain (like somebody on the forum) that the game forced them to pvp in order to gain the said reward, or simply afk farm wvw. Both are not healthy to wvw. Some players just complain they cannot get accepted by squad, while actually the mode do not require a squad to gain participation, some players even think wvw is unplayable with K-train...

The game needs to educate these players how to WvW, i rather players that enjoy WvW, the concept, the actual execution rather than they play for the shines behind.

Don't get me wrong, i am not saying wvw do not need shinnies, they need shinnies desperately, especially rewards that on the equal ground to RAID rewards, but to setup the acquisition to said wvw rewards is tricky, higher wvw rank is a basic requirement, and should be something else, like high badge of honor cost which pver will never obtained by achievement chest alone. Maybe a new token that received only by filling up the wvw exp bar everytime, means afk farm participation will not work etc. i have no idea if max wvw rank will still able to gain exp or not, it is just an idea, you get me.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:If you guys cant see that rewards draw in other players, and that the rewards are too far out of reach given the current population and cant put 2 and 2 together, then I cant help you. It would solve 2 birds with one stone to lower rank requirements on rewards, Higher motivation for new players and semi-active players, which in turn would up the wvw population everyone has been complaining about.

...and nothing for the older players, the veterans of wvw, you dont want to lose those, right?sure add more easy achievable stuff, idc.but leave the long term motivation stuff inwe dont get any advantage over new players with the t3 armor, just fancy looks for prestige.

there is no reason at all to take this away

i wont ever get the pve legy or something like that, but i have fancy wvw armor and sure as hell dont want some pve players get that shoved up their bums for basically free

Archived