do u want a love interest for ur hero?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be really awkward for the game to force it on you. An actual marriage system would be cool though. Rpers rejoice lol Maybe tie that to a small buff as well, like a few % more exp gain, magic find etc. (similar to enrichments)

Maybe a marriage could give you both a certain buff depending on how much time your characters spend together, maybe stacking up to different tiers after X real hours on the same map/close to each other.

Now THAT is something I'd love to see, game mechanic wise and also for my main character because she could do with a little love

Asexual doesn't always mean aromantic

I wouldn't mind seeing it as an april fools event, but I don't see it really fitting in with the rest of the game. Maybe they could do like xiv did and have a character flirting their heads off at the PC and the PC being too oblivious to notice.

Though, with the way every other romance in the game is written, both options would really just boil down to one character vomiting pet names and declarations of love without showing any kind of actual chemistry :T

@"Kossage.9072" said:

More recently the Zohaqan meta event in Sandswept Isles is all about an interspecies, homosexual romance between the djinn Zohaqan and the human Nakis which ended tragically (due to those darned Inquest and their experiments! shakes fist) and turned Zohaqan into a sympathetic, grieving antagonist out for revenge on everyone over the death of his "darling Nakis, tender Nakis, clever Nakis" if you look for the clues in the Zohaqan event as well as the Olmakhan backpack collection with Efi which reveals some of the backstory between the reason for Zohaqan's actions (and of course open world stuff like the Lovers' Tree with the image of two people holding hands near the cave entrance. I was impressed that we actually got djinn-human romance (which was homosexual to boot!) represented and given such story importance in a natural way, and I applaud the writers for daring to go in that direction even if they chose not to drum it up too much and let the playerbase figure it out from the clues instead. :)

Nakis is a male? omg... the x2 forbidden romance... let me go redo this meta event

Overall, am surprised by the result and reactions of this thread... now anet will never do a side love story for my hero after reading thru this thread xD

Anet's storytelling is too linear. This isn't some Bioware game where choice (sometimes) matters. There are next to no choices, and those barely matter.

And in an RPG of any form, that's not particularly good since it's supposed to be "your character" but if a love interest gets forced upon you it changes things a lot. Besides, most frequent NPCs are spoken for already.

No, keep the second life creepyness out of this game please. Sometimes i long to the days of gw 1, when all this bringing rl in a game nonsense didnt exist, and we were warriors and wizards on a epic adventure. Dont think you mean this as a serious post, but just in case my feedback if you are :/

So, if we go with a standard set of about 8 personality types and appearances, multiply that x2 with every gender, multiply that x5 for every race, and you get... 80 different NPCs with their own involved dialogue (and maybe voice acting, shudder the thought) and actions. That is a lot of hard labor just to make players feel proud that their super-pretendy fun time avatar is gettin' some.

Look, dating games are their own thing for several reasons. I vote no, because this will inevitably result in a cringefest.

@Samnang.1879 said:after 10(?) or so years of saving Tyria, i feel like my hero is lonely and deserves a love interest... i hope soon we are blessed with the ability to choose one of the companion...

what are your thoughts? this would also go nicely with in game marriage.

BONUS question: why are there no interracial couples in gw2?

Where's the option that reflects disgust/scorn for the question?

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:after 10(?) or so years of saving Tyria, i feel like my hero is lonely and deserves a love interest... i hope soon we are blessed with the ability to choose one of the companion...

what are your thoughts? this would also go nicely with in game marriage.

BONUS question: why are there no interracial couples in gw2?

Where's the option that reflects disgust/scorn for the question?

as mentioned earlier, i didn't expect majority to be in the "no" category... so... no option for that.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:No, thank you. That's a little too Dragon Age-ish for me.

"Too Dragon Age-ish"?
Too
? I'm not sure I get what this means.

If you go to YouTube and type out Dragon Age romance, it'll explain everything. Again, no thank you for Guild Wars 2.

I'm well aware of the romance options in DA. I've played 3 of them, after all. It would seem you missed my joke.

In all seriousness, though. A well-written romantic option could be nice. I've liked BioWare's take on this in many games, DA included. However, I don't think we'll be seeing that. The pacing of the game's story is far too slow for that to work. And they don't seem to have the tech for character relations anyway.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:No, thank you. That's a little too Dragon Age-ish for me.

"Too Dragon Age-ish"?
Too
? I'm not sure I get what this means.

If you go to YouTube and type out Dragon Age romance, it'll explain everything. Again, no thank you for Guild Wars 2.

I'm well aware of the romance options in DA. I've played 3 of them, after all. It would seem you missed my joke.

My apologies, but it seems you don't know how to tell one given how other people felt the need to explain it too. But Tsakhi.8124? That poster knows how to be funny!

And the answer is still: no, thank you.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Anet's storytelling is too linear. This isn't some Bioware game where choice (sometimes) matters. There are next to no choices, and those barely matter.

And in an RPG of any form, that's not particularly good since it's supposed to be "your character" but if a love interest gets forced upon you it changes things a lot. Besides, most frequent NPCs are spoken for already.

I don't remember a choice that mattered since we joined an order.

Archived