High Elves

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Kulvar.1239" said:Elves are just pretentious human nobility with pointy ears and longevity.Nothing interesting would come out of such addition.

It could be interesting, if developers and writers tried something original for once, but it's so easy to just recycle old BS. It's instantly successful too. It's pretty sad really.

So asura, sylvari, charr and to some extent Norn aren't original? What other MMO has them? I'm not understanding your point.

What do those have to do with elves?

I was responding to your point about the developers not doing anything original "for once". Creating and implementing these races are original, so I didn't understand how you could say that the developers haven't done anything original.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Kulvar.1239" said:Elves are just pretentious human nobility with pointy ears and longevity.Nothing interesting would come out of such addition.

It could be interesting, if developers and writers tried something original for once, but it's so easy to just recycle old BS. It's instantly successful too. It's pretty sad really.

So asura, sylvari, charr and to some extent Norn aren't original? What other MMO has them? I'm not understanding your point.

I was responding to your point about the developers not doing anything original "for once". Creating and implementing these races are original, so I didn't understand how you could say that the developers haven't done anything original.

I assume the statement wasn't directed towards GW2 developers, but developers in general recycling the same fantasy races over and over through multiple games.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Kulvar.1239 said:Elves are just pretentious human nobility with pointy ears and longevity.Nothing interesting would come out of such addition.

I assume the statement wasn't directed towards GW2 developers, but developers in general recycling the same fantasy races over and over through multiple games.

Ah. That makes sense. ;)

@kharmin.7683 said:

There is absolutely nothing original about (high) elves.They're about as default as lab accidents are to Asura. So no one wants them in this game

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:we already got elves. In GW2 they are called humans.

And no, sylvari are not elves. For two reasons:they are not beloved by the godsthey are not an old, dying race on its last gasps.

Why do High Elves need to be a dying race loved by gods?

because that is the standard fantasy elf since Tolkien.

the elf comes from nordic mythology, much older than sir tolkien.

and as much as every fantasy setting ignores those and goes with Tolkien.

But hey, go with nordic elves than. Or Germanic elves. Vengeful undead forrest spirits trying to lead people to their doom.

then it's sad that you are so badly informed, let's educate you.https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/elves/

not just death but also life, in terms of appearances the tolkien version did got close.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:we already got elves. In GW2 they are called humans.

And no, sylvari are not elves. For two reasons:they are not beloved by the godsthey are not an old, dying race on its last gasps.

Why do High Elves need to be a dying race loved by gods?

because that is the standard fantasy elf since Tolkien.

the elf comes from nordic mythology, much older than sir tolkien.

and as much as every fantasy setting ignores those and goes with Tolkien.

But hey, go with nordic elves than. Or Germanic elves. Vengeful undead forrest spirits trying to lead people to their doom.

then it's sad that you are so badly informed, let's educate you.

not just death but also life, in terms of appearances the tolkien version did got close.

Damn. You really are obsessed with elves, aren't you? And as i guessed, Appearances, indeed. Hmph.