mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

9 minutes ago, Healy.9537 said:

This is the most annoying part of it, if mounting up reset the cooldown as it dismissed then i wouldn't bother as much about it, sure it would be annoying recasting it every time i dismount rather than it just following me while mounted but at least it's a fix, it's even the most logical fix when you consider flying.

Yeah, recasting is very time-consuming, though i don't think they'll do anything.

I guess we have to wait a long time for fix... 

Edited by Ayahuasca.1045
  • Like 1

What some people here are obviously not able or willing to understand is that of course there are non-minion builds you can use, and pretty durable ones at that. But that's not the point. The point is that by practically disabling the entire minion build branch they took away a lot of fun and class specific flavour from the necro. Being able to re-summon them on full cooldown after each dismount, especially since pretty much every map since the release of PoF forces you to use mounts (and yes, I also did my first pre-PoF world completion by foot and glider), is a cynical joke I honestly wouldn't have expected from Anet even despite their lack of b2c communication skills.

What would "satisfy the folks around here" is Anet being more transparent as to why they deactivated it (not getting into the technical details too deeply of course, but also not giving us some nebulous "it was causing problems") and giving us a realistic estimate on when the minion builds will be playable again, because right now they're not. Period. Necro players have been dealing with disappearing minions since the PoF release until 2020, then came a short time of minion builds being viable again, and now minions are broken - again.

But it's the same as always: other people's problems are dismissed as "whining" or ridiculed (at least by some here) as long as the own favourite class isn't affected.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Jol.6701 said:

"Players can still resummon minions manually"

The sad thing about this is it proofs Anet doesn't play its own game....

Well technically you can, it just happens to be you have to wait for cooldowns ofcourse 🙂

Edit

I agree with other posters that cd should be reduced to zero while this bug lasts.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

OK, I'm also annoyed with this blow to my preferred playstyle, to say nothing of Anet's ridiculous lack of communication about their decision. However, there's a fact that I'm kinda embarrassed it took me 5 days to notice. Even though it appears that the minions disappear at dismount, the minion re-summon cooldown does start at the time you mount. Therefore, if you're mounted for 48 seconds the flesh golem cooldown will have expired when you dismount. Yes, it suxx and we are vulnerable for the 4-5 seconds it takes to re-summon, but it's not as bad as if the cooldown started at dismount time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meam.2587 said:

OK, I'm also annoyed with this blow to my preferred playstyle, to say nothing of Anet's ridiculous lack of communication about their decision. However, there's a fact that I'm kinda embarrassed it took me 5 days to notice. Even though it appears that the minions disappear at dismount, the minion re-summon cooldown does start at the time you mount. Therefore, if you're mounted for 48 seconds the flesh golem cooldown will have expired when you dismount. Yes, it suxx and we are vulnerable for the 4-5 seconds it takes to re-summon, but it's not as bad as if the cooldown started at dismount time.

Glad to know from the lamentation on the forums I thought it started when you dismounted.

4 hours ago, Meam.2587 said:

Try that in WvW and tell me how it goes. Most times our minions are on cooldown but even if they aren't you get destroyed while trying to summon them.

• Like 6

Hey guys, thought I'd give you some good news! On another thread, an Anet person chimed in to say thanks for letting us know about Christmas decorations randomly appearing. Oh, they also fixed the Trading Post in record time when people started complaining it was broken. Your minions, though? You can just re-summon them. 😒

FIX THIS! 😡

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

well today is my necro's yearly anniversary. Had it since the game launched in 2012. and my minions are still disabled with the mounts. What was the point of getting Path Of Fire, and grinding for a skyscale. I'm like "Hold on, while I summon my minions." "Please don't attack me yet, I'm not ready." Other builds? why do I have to rebuild? I'm still playing, its rough. I check to see if my minions are fixed every time I login in. I hope its fixed soon. it would be nice. 

• Like 6

yeah, i just found out about this the hard way. returning player here. thought i'd wander around the crystal oasis on my necro, mount as needed on fight to relearn what i used to enjoy doing. that ended real fast for that alt.

i was also  surprised this got merged under an old 2018 thread, why's a new one not created for this?

• Like 5

Any PR guru would have a field day with how Anet is handling this issue communication wise. Hoe hard is it to give us a little more info on what they are planning with this?

You start to get the idea that they keep this under the radar on purpose becuase this nerf is here to stay. Maybe because  they want the game to have less Necromancers or some?

Like a poster above me said, silence breeds suspicion. 

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

its so disappointing, every time i dismount minions gone... pls. fix this bug anet.. and first of all fix the BOTS in PVP.... the game is not worth anymore... bots are everywhere even in others maps AFK farming lol.. i hope this will be fixed Before End of Dragons expansion..  

Edited by juan dela cruz.3120
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Serynna.3786 said:

Do they believe that if they keep silent, people will forget about it and the problem will go away? Do they think we are that stupid?

It's probably something that isn't trivial to fix, or they'd have given an update by now.  (Or they're waiting for the next patch, because it's not something they can just hotfix.) But, yeah, kinda annoying. 😞

23 minutes ago, Serynna.3786 said:

Do they believe that if they keep silent, people will forget about it and the problem will go away?

They have done and are still doing the same for the 300 seconds cooldowns on traits, so maybe this change will persist for a long time as well.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 1:13 PM, Dante.1763 said:

Easier to be outraged i suppose.

Im upset because they dont communicate, Dante. Even Blizzard would post that they are working on x bug that caused y, and trying to resolve it. Leaving players in the dark about a major class issue is bad form. Its been a while now and not a peep, what if it was a main combat mechanic of your class they turned off and didnt tell you really why or when they will fix it, didnt tell you anything. People playing that class would be upset.

And why put this under a 2018 thread?? This is a different time and issue thats game wide for necros. Whoever is working the forums needs to understand this is not the same issue as from way back then.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 6

Chiming in as well, since playing my necro is basically the only tolerable thing in this game. But in reality, so long as people buy gems and this doesn't hurt their bottom line, they're not going to fix it. And communication with players is something they have proven over the years holds no meaning for them; I suspect they don't read any forum threads that don't start with "Thank you ANet" or "Amazing ANet".

• Like 4

It's been a long time since I felt compelled to post on the forums. I just take most of these kinds of issues in stride, but seriously ANet how can your communication be this terrible? My Necro is my open world main and MM is basically unplayable at this point.  You've disabled a core game mechanic for an entire class for several days with nothing but cryptic Twitter post.  It would help a lot for me if you took 10 minutes to explain what's going on and what the plan is to fix it. 

Edited by Angel Lovecraft.5013
  • Like 6

I have the same issue on my character. I thought it was something new they added since I left for a bit after CS wouldn't help with my missing achievements before another issue arise with another achievement mastery that lead me to come back here.  Its very frustrating to want to support a game that keeps being buggy but the company is doing bare minimum to address or fix these issues.

• Like 2

This happened, amongst other bugs like the broken TP, stuff appearing in Cities and GHs and God knows what else is broken, after the EoD elite beta test thingy. Now I feared if the rest of the beta tests will bring even bigger bugs?! And what's worst is that they keep silent and are taking their sweet time to fix them.

• Like 2

I think this is the first time I have posted on the forums in my 9 years of gw2.

My main is a minion necro and always has been, sure there are other non-minion builds I could play, but I enjoy minion builds and my entire character has been themed off of a Diablo 2 summon necro for almost a decade. Why is this still not fixed? It makes open world farming intolerable, spend 5~ seconds summoning all my minions, kill a couple of mobs, mount up, repeat over and over, not to mention golem's 40s cooldown.

Just not even playing the game currently because it's so un-fun with re-summon disabled.

• Like 3

My husband is currently not playing until this is rectified. The minions are a key part of his overworld pve Reaper spec. 

Imagine accidentally mounting because of habit, to then have pets on a long arsed cool down. 

Please communicate when they will be unkittened.

• Like 3

I have decided to for now do only quick dailies on my 3 accounts

I did those on minion reaper for ages, often joining in when I saw people do stuff

Now I am just to angry when I swapped to mount to join them

If I can do it in under 45 minutes its OK, they clearly don't want people to like stuff, if they notice that you like stuff they start thinking about ways to discourage it (ie lower map rewards to a 15s item), put hey let's post some **** about gw2 art.. that's priority...

Just started my vacation, had hoped to do some nice relaxing mapping, but even on my non reaper alts I feel too angry to have fun

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 5:40 PM, Luna Ataegina.3289 said:

Maybe they should do the same thing with ranger pets and have them despawn and go on a cooldown.  The other option would be to disable mounts entirely and level the playing field? (yeah never going to happen)

You obviously have never played a Ranger or you would know that there are TONS of bugs when it comes to stuff like Pets, BeastMode and Gliding/Golems/Mounts/Swimming/etc.  which cause stuff to be on cooldown, not being useable, etc. -> it's super awesome when you're in BeastMode, do something, and suddenly you can't use your BM skills. Or when you get out of BM just because you leave the water, ...

But yeah, just whine about those evil, evil rangers and how they should experience the same problems you have... and totally ignore that they have been dealing with these bugs for years.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2