Prices for mounts?

SmirkDog.3160

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this guys! You are angry about mounts, that cost SMALL amount of ingame money. yes small amount, Even griffon. Last expansion gave us New legendaries and armors that cost lot more^^"But im working man with only 1h/week to play" well then you get your mounts later than those who spend More Time for game.

"But i only want to play story and nothing More" well why did you bought MMO then.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Gandalf.1537 said:Wait you have to buy mounts? I just started, I didn't for my 1st one. Griffon I can understand but the others?

1,5,20 Gold. And 10,50,200 dealer contracts.

Oh wow that's not bad, I mean I can make gold pretty fast, have 115 Gold right now. Thanks for the info.

So next mount will cost me 5 gold ? After getting raptor.

I think the gold cost for the mounts is pretty silly. They're mastery tracks, they really don't need to be gated behind gold. I know, 20g isn't -that- hard to get for a one-time purchase, but it's still a very strange place for a gold sink. And I think 250g for the griffon is completely absurd. I doubt I'll even buy that, hopefully there's no area that only the Griffon can reach! I wouldn't pay 250g for any of the HoT masteries except gliding, and even then I'd do it reluctantly after months of being bitter over the design choice. So. Who knows, maybe that's precisely what I'll do with the Griffon.

@Vladish.3940 said:Personally I am never getting jackal of the griffon mounts. In five years of CASUAL gaming, I have never been over 2g mark. At this point I don't know if I will be even able to afford a skimmer :/ Not everyone is interested in fractals or raids, or farming. Some of us only play story elements, and I mean, exclusively those. And there is nowhere near enough gold to be made there.

Dude, are you serious? You can get literally make 2g in like 10 minutes by doing the dailies...

@Gandalf.1537 said:

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Gandalf.1537 said:Wait you have to buy mounts? I just started, I didn't for my 1st one. Griffon I can understand but the others?

1,5,20 Gold. And 10,50,200 dealer contracts.

Oh wow that's not bad, I mean I can make gold pretty fast, have 115 Gold right now. Thanks for the info.

So next mount will cost me 5 gold ? After getting raptor.

1g Springer4g ( not 5) Skimmer20g Jackal

@Glacial.9516 said:I think the gold cost for the mounts is pretty silly. They're mastery tracks, they really don't need to be gated behind gold. I know, 20g isn't -that- hard to get for a one-time purchase, but it's still a very strange place for a gold sink. And I think 250g for the griffin is completely absurd. I doubt I'll even buy that, hopefully there's no area that only the Griffon can reach! I wouldn't pay 250g for any of the HoT masteries except gliding, and even then I'd do it reluctantly after months of being bitter over the design choice. So. Who knows, maybe that's precisely what I'll do with the Griffon.

No you don't need the Griffon. But it's fun :-)

Why ppl keep saying that they bought the expansion so The should get mounts for free? I mean Gathering gold is a feature ingame as much as lets say gliding. I also bought HOT expansion and cant see any hot legendaries in my inventory ^^Can some1 seriously say that that their gameplay is ruined coz something in game cost ingame money, i would understand this If mounts cost gems but for gold its ok.

@Vladish.3940 said:Personally I am never getting jackal of the griffon mounts. In five years of CASUAL gaming, I have never been over 2g mark. At this point I don't know if I will be even able to afford a skimmer :/ Not everyone is interested in fractals or raids, or farming. Some of us only play story elements, and I mean, exclusively those. And there is nowhere near enough gold to be made there.

As other people have said doing the daily achievement will get you 2g per day (plus a bunch of other stuff depending on which dailies you do).

Selling crafting materials on the TP can be very profitable too. If you're levelling all the crafts and so need all the materials then just sell cooking stuff - most cooking recipes only need small amounts of each ingredient so the chances are you've got lots of extras building up in storage. Or sell things like Mystic Coins which are only used for a relatively small number of expensive items but which everyone gets from daily rewards.

Oh, laurels are a good source of gold too. (Again if you don't need them for anything else.) Buy T6 crafting bags, open them and sell the materials on the TP.

I think I last played Fractals about a year ago and I've only rarely played it at all, never raided, but every few months I can get over 100g just by going through my material storage and wallet and selling off things that built up without me really noticing and which I don't really need.

@lakonas.4317 said:SmirkDog, I assume you are a new player. Dont worry. Just play the game. You get gold from killing, doing events, dailies and vendoring as well as some other activities.Just play the game and you will see that 20 gold doeant take long to earn.If you play long hours daily you get this much gold in a day or two.If you dont have much daily time, do daily tasks to get 2g, vendor some stuff, craft daily ascended mats and sell them for more than material cost.GL in your adventure!

Uh actually thanks, I've been here since early access. One of my characters is one of the oldest in the game. I was there when 2g for Abyss was ridiculously expensive for the average player. Don't be so pretentious.

Other people have said it themselves, some don't get that much. I mean, people are saying the 'easy' way to get it is to do dailies, and someone said you'd have to do them for 13 days to get all the mounts up to and including Jackal. It's so funny and stupid how judgemental people get when someone says "I don't have that much money and don't play enough to have it" like UGH how could you not???????? Casual noob??????? Uninstall maybe????????

There's really no reason for it to be 20g. The 200 trade contracts, sure I guess. It gets you to play the new content and not speed through it. But 20g is unnecessarily high and a huge jump from the previous one.

If it's not that much, then just send me the 20g. You know my account name.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

Uh actually thanks, I've been here since early access. One of my characters is one of the oldest in the game. I was there when 2g for Abyss was ridiculously expensive for the average player. Don't be so pretentious.

So you've been playing this game for 5 years, and you don't have 20 gold for a mount? What have you done all that time, standing in Lion's Arch chatting? If that's the case, what do you even need a mount for? I dare say that everybody who actively plays the game can afford the money to get the first four mounts, and everybody who doesn't actively play this game has no reason to get a mount.

Some people are really weird. Yesterday, someone told me he already did the whole story, had every map completed, has done the collections to get the Griffon, and might only need 2 more days to max the masteries. Then he will leave again until the next Living World Season episode. WTF? Why would you even bother getting all the things if you don't even plan to use them? I'm happily exploring the old and new worlds with my other characters on a Jackal in the next weeks and months.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Other people have said it themselves, some don't get that much. I mean, people are saying the 'easy' way to get it is to do dailies, and someone said you'd have to do them for 13 days to get all the mounts up to and including Jackal. It's so funny and stupid how judgemental people get when someone says "I don't have that much money and don't play enough to have it" like UGH how could you not???????? Casual noob??????? Uninstall maybe????????

If you did nothing other than dailies for 13 days, you'd have enough gold to unlock Jackal. Most days, it can take less than 10 minutes to get 3 dailies (some days, it might take as long as 30 minutes, depending on whether there are dailies one completely avoids). There's no judgment at all in that statement; it's just a fact.

It's up to you whether you want to spend your time that way or not, but that doesn't mean you "don't play enough to have it" — the time spent isn't the issue. I don't doubt that you find it difficult to come by 20 gold. But maybe consider that it need not be so difficult, if you took some of the advice offered above.

What's funny is that people actually get more enjoyment in life out of working towards a goal and earning it than they do out of simply being given things with minimal effort. It makes them appreciate what they have, and it makes them proud of themselves for getting it.

You could do dailies for 2g each day. Daily Tequatl gives 1-2g+ (depending on drops) per day too.It's not hard to make the gold. It just requires a little extra effort. If you choose to put in the effort, you will earn a reward. If you choose not to, you won't. Simple.The Halloween event should be coming up soon, too. You can make a lot of gold during events like that, too.It's just a matter of working towards what is important to you.

You can be casual and still do the daily which takes all of ten minutes on some days. Each daily gives you 2 gold, so you'd have 2 gold on top of whatever you have at the moment.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Maikimaik.1974 said:You can literally make that money in like 2 hours...

So you don't mind spotting me 20g if it's so easy? You must have like a million by now, so what's the problem right?

What the f? I was saying that if you truly want to earn that money, you can easily make it in 2 hours. I never said that you constantly make 10 gold per hour by just doing nothing, but doing some quick goldfarming methods will easily give you that amount of gold, if not more.I currently have less than 100 gold if I remember correctly, yet I can easily farm as much as I need in a pretty short period of time.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

So you don't mind spotting me 20g if it's so easy? You must have like a million by now, so what's the problem right?

So you think that if you ask Trump nicely he will give you a thousand bucks, because he has millions? What happens then if 100 people ask the same thing to Trump?Besides I am pretty sure that begging for gold topics are not allowed anyway.. which this has pretty much turned into by now.

A lot of people have given ways to earn some in-game currency, you can either take their advice or keep going with your crusade

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

Giving monetary handouts to people because they dont feel like putting in the effort to get it themselves is very different from helping someone who is incapable. I am a very casual player and could readily afford to give someone the 20g, I have given away hundreds of gold in the past, but no, not going to give it away to someone who just doesnt want to put any effort into getting it themselves.

Archived