Less CC or more Stability

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Justine.6351 said:More telegraphs and stun breaks. Enough of the easy to apply cc and passive defense.

That means basicly, players(groups) should have more jalis/herald revs :\

Issue about the skill telegraphing is the visual clutter is that way to much, most times even on small scale due cleave / aoe animation effects everything gets hidden under some splash effects :\

Making stuff more telegraphed would be make more visual cluter on top of something that have already to much visual effects, where outside 3 vs 3 it becomes harder to notice or target wont actually receive the animation on their client.

Idk I can see wards, static field, drop the hammer, earth shaker, shield bash, jade winds, tome of justice 3, temporal curtain, grasping darkness, gravity well to name some.

And I didn't say that they should remove stability. I just would like to see more stun breaks in place of increased preemptive stability. There is a profound difference between actively stunbreaking and just passively being immune to cc for the next 5-10 seconds.

I feel like the issue is just exaggerate because of how efficient boonstripping is with stability. It feels like when they changed stability to stack in number and have CC remove stacks of stab instead of stab just making you immune to CC, they didn't put into account the boonstripping (or visa-versa). The way boon strips affect stab would make much more sense if it was the old version of stab. Instead, even if you have a FULL stack of stab, it can be stripped really fast. One way around this would be to either revert stab back to the old form, or make the strip only strip off 1 stab from a stack per strip. Eitherway, it's not a game breaking issue, but obviously a case where they didn't fully think it through.

I think the biggest problem is that cc can be spammed and under the right circumstances theres nothing you can do about it. the only way I can see to combat this would be to put into place some sort of un-strippable stability phase that lasts one second and breaks the stun when a certain number of ccs has been reached over time. that way it would have the greatest effect on large scale battles and little to none in small scale. its a kinda lame forgiveness mechanic but its the best I got.

There are 16 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect in the game and some of them basically do the same thing. Whenever I die, its usually to a choking amount of CC. I really wasn't thinking about the whole boons vs corruption meta, not to say that it shouldn't be considered. It's just that if you tone down corruption then you just have the old boon meta back and we know how that turned out, if limit boon output then you have a situation where you are crippling classes that are heavily reliant on them to do decent damage output . It doesn't help that the combat log doesn't make it easy to see the incoming CCs that you take, the only way I keep track is through animations and the condition icon that is applied as well as the actual affect on the characters I play . I think that if more were aware that they are dying to a choking amount of CC other than avoidable damage there would be more of an outcry . I disagree with the idea that unlimited CC application is ok and healthy for this game mode. If they were to make a sweeping pass like they did with conditions to limit the output of them, I think it would promote better game play. CC spam should not = win. Even if you run cleanses, stun breaks and use your dodges right there is still tons of CC inc always. The situation is slightly different when playing high mobility class but it still is excessive. I'm not saying get rid of it , just less CC would be better.

@"Crazy.6029" said:There are 16 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect in the game and some of them basically do the same thing. Whenever I die, its usually to a choking amount of CC. I really wasn't thinking about the whole boons vs corruption meta, not to say that it shouldn't be considered. It's just that if you tone down corruption then you just have the old boon meta back and we know how that turned out, if limit boon output then you have a situation where you are crippling classes that are heavily reliant on them to do decent damage output . It doesn't help that the combat log doesn't make it easy to see the incoming CCs that you take, the only way I keep track is through animations and the condition icon that is applied as well as the actual affect on the characters I play . I think that if more were aware that they are dying to a choking amount of CC other than avoidable damage there would be more of an outcry . I disagree with the idea that unlimited CC application is ok and healthy for this game mode. If they were to make a sweeping pass like they did with conditions to limit the output of them, I think it would promote better game play. CC spam should not = win. Even if you run cleanses, stun breaks and use your dodges right there is still tons of CC inc always. The situation is slightly different when playing high mobility class but it still is excessive. I'm not saying get rid of it , just less CC would be better.

lately i have been safed a few times by my opponents CC spam.for example i was fighting a ranger and sadly i didnt pay enough attention to my surrounding and let a sword/focus ele approach. he used gale as an opener wich would have killed me in that moment as i was out of stun breaks, yet right after he used polaric leap. so he changed a super long knockdown into a 1/4s daze and actually kind of stunbreak me.CC overwrites other CC, in that case it safed me. but in theory this allows for chaining CC. one could change wich CC can replace other CC. for example if the only CC you can apply to an already CCed target was daze than it would allways be a bad choice as you can dodge while dazed. but this would force you to use your next CC AFTER your first run out and therefor would give the target a chance to avoid it without having to break the one before.

@"Crazy.6029" said:There are 16 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect in the game and some of them basically do the same thing. Whenever I die, its usually to a choking amount of CC. I really wasn't thinking about the whole boons vs corruption meta, not to say that it shouldn't be considered. It's just that if you tone down corruption then you just have the old boon meta back and we know how that turned out, if limit boon output then you have a situation where you are crippling classes that are heavily reliant on them to do decent damage output . It doesn't help that the combat log doesn't make it easy to see the incoming CCs that you take, the only way I keep track is through animations and the condition icon that is applied as well as the actual affect on the characters I play . I think that if more were aware that they are dying to a choking amount of CC other than avoidable damage there would be more of an outcry . I disagree with the idea that unlimited CC application is ok and healthy for this game mode. If they were to make a sweeping pass like they did with conditions to limit the output of them, I think it would promote better game play. CC spam should not = win. Even if you run cleanses, stun breaks and use your dodges right there is still tons of CC inc always. The situation is slightly different when playing high mobility class but it still is excessive. I'm not saying get rid of it , just less CC would be better.

How many skills grant stability or break stuns?

@Handin.4032 said:I feel like the issue is just exaggerate because of how efficient boonstripping is with stability. It feels like when they changed stability to stack in number and have CC remove stacks of stab instead of stab just making you immune to CC, they didn't put into account the boonstripping (or visa-versa).

Well, of course they didnt. Stab was changed before PoF. Boonstrip was never a problem pre-scourge (just the amount of ccs).

I feel as though this issue is a good illustration of the vast divide between zerg and roamer needs. It almost feels as though if you push in either direction, one fighting mode improves directly at the expense of the other. Make boons harder to corrupt in some way, and zerg fighting improves by removing the vast boonstripping+cc-chaining that destroys people without much change to escape, but that makes it more difficult and annoying to fight individuals. Go the other way, and small fights improve while zerging gets even more annoying.

My personal preference is that the mode should be balanced more for large-scale fighting and that cc-spamming is worse than boonsharing.

Adding more stability will make later the adition of boonstrip and more cc..... 1 and 0 states...~Keep adding one will keep dev's of adding more counters, they have been doing this all over the 6years, and we are alwayes requiring balance towards it, it is like a snowball affect of non fix the "how its done", that ends in one being to strong and rather than changed they try to balance with aditions of counters wich ends being to much while.. well more stab is needed, redundancy in adding counter is not a good method to balance, sometimes is better to actually make it a new mechanic, than keep with the redundancy of non solutions, this is good for the way Anet sells the new classes every expantion tho.

Look at boons, we are overwhelmed with boon spam, next classes will have to have more boon spam for players to buy it,, but also more condi spam allowance with more boon corrupt access, and stability being a boon suffers for its design flaw.

They need to adopt another metheod.

@Sovereign.1093 said:during pof condi was king for awhile =) i dunno if players still remember the trailblaizer scourgr hehe.

condi became meta already in hot, when ppl started stacking dmg reduction, ive seen meteors hit for 20 dmg, since condis ignored most of the dmg reduction it was the way to go

id like to see old stability without stacks, so that it can still get ripped but isnt removed as easily with cc alone, the 0,75s are just not enough.then ppl would still have counterplay with boonrip but spamming cc in an area wouldnt be as effective as it is now.probably need to lower duration of some stability skills to not hurt smallscale fights as muchalso maybe give every stunbreak in the game 1sec of stability afterwards so that you actually can dodge out of stuff right after breaking a stun

All I see is the more the Devs played with the game the less the players played. Not all you lot, most of you are late to the party at best, I mean OG people like Red Guard and ARC, Duke, the list is endless, and honestly makes me feel bad to try and type it out.

There was a perfect storm with old school stability and old school condi that was emerging into something glorious. People were having fun, the game was set to be amazing. Then Anet happened.

Now... we have this..........

At best we are picking at a struggling corpse, at worst we are chewing on the bones of something that should have been great.

/rant

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:during pof condi was king for awhile =) i dunno if players still remember the trailblaizer scourgr hehe.

condi became meta already in hot, when ppl started stacking dmg reduction, ive seen meteors hit for 20 dmg, since condis ignored most of the dmg reduction it was the way to go

id like to see old stability without stacks, so that it can still get ripped but isnt removed as easily with cc alone, the 0,75s are just not enough.then ppl would still have counterplay with boonrip but spamming cc in an area wouldnt be as effective as it is now.probably need to lower duration of some stability skills to not hurt smallscale fights as muchalso maybe give every stunbreak in the game 1sec of stability afterwards so that you actually can dodge out of stuff right after breaking a stun

well getting that sort of stab will definitely boost my team setup. hehe.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Oh man did u noticed rev changes incoming??? the jalis F2.... reduce damage on team, and more stab when consumed???? XD also shield from rev gona cleanse condis from alies LOL

Rev already have mass boon ripping, now shiro F2 will have it on consume as well :.

More stability and more of the counter.... lolhttps://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Oh man did u noticed rev changes incoming??? the jalis F2.... reduce damage on team, and more stab when consumed???? XD also shield from rev gona cleanse condis from alies LOL

Rev already have mass boon ripping, now shiro F2 will have it on consume as well :.

More stability and more of the counter.... lol

haha. well so good for us =) excited.

dragon x dwarf

Since they're slowly adding them to everything else (like the new guardian focus 4 being an uncleansable DOT) let's get us some SUPERSTABILITY! Uncorruptagle, unstrippable.... Basically the old stabo backWhat?, it's what they've been doing with everything for a long time now.. I'm being thenatic <,<

@"Crazy.6029" said:It might be just me, but it seems that there is to much CC in the game. In wvw if I'm roaming around I come across comps just endless chain CC , if i'm zerging same situation. Just feels kinda CC heavy. Should there be less CC or just more stability stacks or is it just me or is it some other solution?

There was a time before the condi meta when you could fight and not spending all time keeping track of cc's and red rings. My God it was so much better than this crap. All these bubbles and shades and shit. To quote Michael: "they don't really care about us"

@Magnuzone.8395 said:

@"Crazy.6029" said:It might be just me, but it seems that there is to much CC in the game. In wvw if I'm roaming around I come across comps just endless chain CC , if i'm zerging same situation. Just feels kinda CC heavy. Should there be less CC or just more stability stacks or is it just me or is it some other solution?

There was a time before the condi meta when you could fight and not spending all time keeping track of cc's and red rings. My God it was so much better than this crap. All these bubbles and shades and kitten. To quote Michael: "they don't really care about us"

Anet know scrubs love AOE spam since make players feel strong..... Next expantion will have to have more aoe spam than PoF have, to make players fee they have to buy next expantion.It's a scrubs mmo at its base.:angry:

Archived