August 28 Ranger patch notes

Dragana.1497

Spirits: Fixed a bug that would cause spirit skills to go on cooldown twice when activating their secondary sacrifice skills.

Worldly Impact: The damage inflicted by this skill has been reduced by 16%.

Leading Swipe: The damage of this skill has been increased by 5%.

Serpent Stab: The damage of this skill has been increased by 10%.

Deadly Delivery: The damage of this skill has been increased by 76%.

Crippling Talon: The aftercast of this skill has been reduced by approximately 0.5 seconds.

Flame Trap: This skill will now burn on both of the initial strikes, instead of just one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, what a joke !

Daggers changes will do nothing. Splitblade still un-split.

Also, I did a suggestion to change Druid Staff 2, but looks like they changed Guardian Staff 2 to be that way. Not saying it came from me first, but it would also have fit Druid Staff 2. FB was already pushing Druid out of sPvP, now it will just finish the job with those changes to Staff.

Don't think it'll change much in raids, just a slight damage nerf, nothing significant. I'm happy they didn't touch druids and instead make other healers more interesting, and unique - both auramancer and revenant look pretty interesting. I'm a bit disappointed that they did nothing with pets but I guess it's low priority for them.

Is the power damage buff to dagger relevant for pvp?`Coz in pve it's not, lol - what an odd idea.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well we got WI nerf and dagger buffs.All in all things to be expected. But they could have made more with dagger, especially crippling talon would have been a go to ammo skill.But hey it was a good patch.

No it was not literally nothing changes, they literally were probably like hey make dagger compete with sb okay.

All of the builds stay same dagger will still be a meme pvp still sucks balls

The cheese zerker builds will stay cheese worldy impact is just another maul now instead of 1 shoting now you can just 2 shot!

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well we got WI nerf and dagger buffs.All in all things to be expected. But they could have made more with dagger, especially crippling talon would have been a go to ammo skill.But hey it was a good patch.

No it was not literally nothing changes, they literally were probably like hey make dagger compete with sb okay.

The cheese zerker builds will stay cheese worldy impact is just another maul now instead of 1 shoting now you can just 2 shot!

Ugh IMO will change nothing. the problem with dagger is the absolute lack of utility, and offhand weapons don't have any.

If dagger ofhnd would get a leap\tp and the evade to also stun as you can use it as defense wecould talk about improvement.

People use swords because of the evades, very importnt

Kind of pissed about the WI nerf.

Would have been far easier to just change Remorseless to not trigger on Live Fast's fury proc. Kind of how they changed Maul so it doesn't self buff anymore.

Simply making it apply fury at skill completion instead of skill activation (like Maul) would have cut damage from the builds that abuse the skill without hurting builds that don't use marksmanship.

The problem isn't the skill, the "problem" is that you can stack "7 layers" of damage buffs to balloon it's effect into meme territory.

How...do they work on dagger and not fix the distance that dagger 4 goes? You know, the distance they neglected to put back after getting rid of offhand training?

The WI nerf is funny. Bads complain because they can't avoid a skill that roots and they listen. I don't even run SB because that skill is a gamble anyway.

Also flame trap...fix? Super random.

This patch is a big middle finger in our face by Anet. What a joke compared to what was changed for other professions, specially guardian and elementalist. Are they for seriously for real? As a WvW player this is simply disgusting how they keep adding more and more actually useful fixes and skills changes to the meta classes for zergs, creating an even bigger gap between professions. F**k me right, let's all play guards, necros and eles in wvw yeah? What, a, joke.

@hobotnicax.7918 said:This patch is a big middle finger in our face by Anet. What a joke compared to what was changed for other professions, specially guardian and elementalist. Are they for seriously for real? As a WvW player this is simply disgusting how they keep adding more and more actually useful fixes and skills changes to the meta classes for zergs, creating an even bigger gap between professions. F**k me right, let's all play guards, necros and eles in wvw yeah? What, a, joke.

Can't agree more.

Had a map chat conversation with a ranger dude once. He said he loves playing ranger and has "mained" it since launch but now only plays it in open world. If he does instanced content (fractals, raids) he brings other classes b/c it's just easier/more utility/more dps/etc. I've mained ranger since launch but it seems Anet really wants to just push all rangers to other classes. I guess if fixing pets (largest underlying issue which is also the class mechanic) is too hard, maybe they should just delete ranger and just make it a warrior elite specialization.

@"Sai Locke.7193" said:Is that what is upsetting you guys? the nerf to WI ? I would be more upset that Elementalist is basically getting a free Ranger Grandmaster Trait.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raging_Stormhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vicious_Quarry

Meh dat Crippling Talon aftercast though.

I think it's a combination of those things which are annoying people. We're looking at the Elementalist changes and then the Ranger changes, and as I think someone already said, it just seems like a giant middle finger pointed towards us.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Ugh IMO will change nothing. the problem with dagger is the absolute lack of utility, and offhand weapons don't have any.

If dagger ofhnd would get a leap\tp and the evade to also stun as you can use it as defense wecould talk about improvement.

People use swords because of the evades, very importnt

Didnt say it was it will change stuff. It was a good patch (for all profession in general). Just nothing really impactful for us.

@Sai Locke.7193 said:Also if you want to throw more salt to the mixture take a look at the new Guardian Staff skills.... then go look at the Druid Staff skills... the healing and damage modifiers as well then remember this is core vs an elite specialization.

IKR !?

Holy Strike (new Guardian Staff 2) have the same healing as Astral Wisp, but it heals by pulses, doesn't need a target, is a 240 radius AoE, has 1200 range and is a Blast finisher. Also, add Empower and Bow of Truth buff.

Astral Wisp needs a target, is a projectile, only heal around a 120 radius IF it hits an ally.

At this point, even a DH is a more efficient healer than Ranger, just based on easiness of healing and access to MANY various skills and traits that heals. The only way a Druid can heal outside of CA is Staff 3 and/or blast with Staff 5. Staff 1 and 2 both need targets. Staff 4 is lul.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:No PvP titles AND no meaningful balance changes. Guess I won't be playing GW2 for awhile...

Hey u play vermintide? Lol

I haven't heard of it actually, I'll have to take a look.

I'll be playing the new Destiny 2 expansion next week first. From there I'm not sure, 2019 has a ton of great looking games. No real MMOs though, so I guess I'll have to come back to GW2 sooner or later.

Archived