playing revenant is borderline exploiting

incisorr.9502

@"ScottBroChill.3254" said:Its good against people who don't know how to watch their opponent use skills. If you still attack a rev using infuse light then you have no room to complain. Not gonna lie they do have super strong burst and their cc for teamfights is amazing, but whenever you run into some other profession who knows what a rev does you start to realize that Rev isn't necessarily that stoverpowered, it just stomps on people who aren't necessarily that good at pvp and run simple op builds like scourge, fb, and mirage and function on using rotations instead of acting and reacting to their opponent. A good holo or thief is the absolute counter to rev, at least in my experience. Rev literally has just enough defensive tools to skate by, and if you know what those are you can exploit them to no end.

Another note. People say Revs got all these skills and such but don't realize they need energy to be used. If you are using all you're skills you are constantly vulnerable and sitting below 10 energy and basically hoping your opponent doesnt attack before you get enough energy to use sword 3 or staff 3, or until your legend cd ends. People have no idea when the Revenant can't use skills due to energy and CD and that is precisely why they get wrecked. They see the strong burst and get scared as kitten, but don't realize they can't do much after the opening.

I could be totally biased as Rev is usually thought of as a joke or as an op class, but never in between. And it barely ever reiceves any changes, its only changes to the meta that influence this opinion. No one uses invuln warriors anymore, there are less competant thieves since everyone runs sniper deadeye, and there are less competant mirages since everyone rerolled and uses its inherent strength as an excuse to not watch what the enemy Rev is doing.

Learn you're enemy and build and fight accordingly. It's not a one strategy fits all game, people.

I subscribe to every your word!Specially agree with " function on using rotations instead of acting and reacting to their opponent." - this is main some build problem. People thinking "I am good", just pressing combo buttons and bursting enemy till end. And Revenant is one of the classes who punish for that play,because first of all - counterplay opponent

In my opinion it is main difference between good and bad pvp player.If you in every situation press F1, then 3/5 and 4 dealing tons of damage in reaper shroud in 1 seconds and doesnt even carea about opponent animations/dodges and co - impossible to learn anything (just example).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shao.7236 said:Just gonna post on behave of OP.

Rev used to be alright when condi was dominant, the damage spikes actually made sense. Ever since conditions were nerfed, sword 4 just became a cheese fest and that's why I stopped playing power shiro altogether, it's too easy to play and really doesn't take much effort to achieve anything. The build pretty much carry itself.

I had already suggested that they bring back the old sword 4 for the sake of balancing, or make it so that to hit very strong you need to block a certain amount of attacks because right now all you can do is drag your cheek across 4 5 after Phase Traversal and call it a day, if that's not enough, kite kite and repeat 4 5 until it's done.

It has really come to the point where I stopped played my favorite profession just because of how stupidly easy it is to get kitten done with it.

Rev used to be high skill with all the management, but nowadays people will deny and imply that it's still hard to play with whatever ways to think it's possible to counter them, they just don't understand how stupidly brain dead the burst is on the class and when you understand the profession, it becomes unstoppable in a way that isn't called skill play and attacking at the right time, it's straight up 4 5, 4 5, 4 5 because it follows up so well and you can't move out of it till immobilize is gone, even in plat people still melt to it.

In a way this reminds me too much of how Power Lock used to be a stun, while possible to stunbreak fast enough and dodge or roll back with any stunbreak skill, it was still OP just for the fact that you couldnt do anything about it while now you just get dazed and if you don't react fast enough, you die just as fast.

feels like people in this forum are always arguing on their initial impressions

mirage was op on release so that's how people still see it despite 3000 nerfs and even condi rework (they reduced the condi stacks things were giving and also duration, burns went down to 1 for example when torch used to have more burn stacks)

revenant was bad in the past so that's how people see it despite all the buffs to it and despite the meta evolving

@incisorr.9502 said:

Rev used to be alright when condi was dominant, the damage spikes actually made sense. Ever since conditions were nerfed, sword 4 just became a cheese fest and that's why I stopped playing power shiro altogether, it's too easy to play and really doesn't take much effort to achieve anything. The build pretty much carry itself.

I had already suggested that they bring back the old sword 4 for the sake of balancing, or make it so that to hit very strong you need to block a certain amount of attacks because right now all you can do is drag your cheek across 4 5 after Phase Traversal and call it a day, if that's not enough, kite kite and repeat 4 5 until it's done.

It has really come to the point where I stopped played my favorite profession just because of how stupidly easy it is to get kitten done with it.

Rev used to be high skill with all the management, but nowadays people will deny and imply that it's still hard to play with whatever ways to think it's possible to counter them, they just don't understand how stupidly brain dead the burst is on the class and when you understand the profession, it becomes unstoppable in a way that isn't called skill play and attacking at the right time, it's straight up 4 5, 4 5, 4 5 because it follows up so well and you can't move out of it till immobilize is gone, even in plat people still melt to it.

In a way this reminds me too much of how Power Lock used to be a stun, while possible to stunbreak fast enough and dodge or roll back with any stunbreak skill, it was still OP just for the fact that you couldnt do anything about it while now you just get dazed and if you don't react fast enough, you die just as fast.

mirage was op on release so that's how people still see it despite 3000 nerfs and even condi rework (they reduced the condi stacks things were giving and also duration, burns went down to 1 for example when torch used to have more burn stacks)

revenant was bad in the past so that's how people see it despite all the buffs to it and despite the meta evolving

Mirage is still OP.Rev is still weak and is nowhere near as strong as it was originally.There is no 1.9k rating rev. (Are you referring to EU? EU is trash with inflated ratings and outdated builds).

@JayAction.9056 said:

Mirage is still OP.Rev is still weak and is nowhere near as strong as it was originally.There is no 1.9k rating rev. (Are you referring to EU? EU is trash with inflated ratings and outdated builds).

Isn't EU better than NA ? At least it used to be idk about now.

@Sampson.2403 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

Not saying that make them OP, just an observation.

What exactly do they do so well to carry matches?

I think that the +1/roamer role has the greatest team impact potential in sPvP matches. Power Rev currently excels in this role.

This. Revenant's exceptional at +1'ing, since all of their skills, while hefty in cost, hit extremely hard. Much tougher to dodge all of it unlike in a 1v1.

If people saw the little effort of checking out how most Revenants open up their comboes, they'd have much better chances of holding against them.

@everyman.4375 said:

Isn't EU better than NA ? At least it used to be idk about now.

I'm curious as well. Which one's the general consensus? I seem to hear a few more votes for EU overall.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"Sampson.2403" said:Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

like how there's a 1.9K+ rev and like how none of the people posting here are actually 1750+ who have ever seen a high elo revenant and what they're capable of

just like my threads are mostly stating the obvious

good revs are broken cus the class is too forceful and does too much dmg , too reliably and " easy " and " uncounterably " in comparison to other classes

There are literally 20 players above 1700 Currently in NA

That doesn't make his point wrong though. . . .

@Solori.6025 said:

@"Sampson.2403" said:Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

like how there's a 1.9K+ rev and like how none of the people posting here are actually 1750+ who have ever seen a high elo revenant and what they're capable of

good revs are broken cus the class is too forceful and does too much dmg , too reliably and " easy " and " uncounterably " in comparison to other classes

If something doesn't exist, like players at a Rank of 1750and currently they do not, then it's not that his point is 'wrong' per sebut it is fiction.

Are there some in EU? 3 maybe? Is he saying that Revenant as a Class Dominates among 3 people?lol...that is such an absurd line of reasoning, I don't even know why I mentioned it.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

If something doesn't exist, like players at a Rank of 1750
and currently they do not
, then it's not that his point is 'wrong' per sebut it is fiction.

Are there some in EU? 3 maybe?I assume that if we are talking about absurdly high elo it would be EU-Do you know the current rankings of EU?

Is he saying that Revenant as a Class Dominates among 3 people?lol...that is such an absurd line of reasoning, I don't even know why I mentioned it.

People called mesmer dominating even when it was the least represented on the leader boards. Nothing is too absurd for people who want the game catered to them.

@Solori.6025 said:

Are there some in EU? 3 maybe?I assume that if we are talking about absurdly high elo it would be EU-Do you know the current rankings of EU?

Is he saying that Revenant as a Class Dominates among 3 people?lol...that is such an absurd line of reasoning, I don't even know why I mentioned it.

People called mesmer dominating even when it was the least represented on the leader boards. Nothing is too absurd for people who want the game catered to them.

Absurdly High Elo? They might have some higher players than NA. And can we address that, the EU MYTH. It's not the Pantheon of PvP Gods.Anyways, the last time I looked at EU leaderboards, 1750s isn't even a group of 20 players.

@incisorr.9502Next season, start playing Rev at a starter pvp rank, yanno, Bronze/Silver and tell us how far you get and how easy it is.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Absurdly High Elo? They might have
some
higher players than NA. And can we address that, the EU MYTH. It's not the Pantheon of PvP Gods.Anyways, the last time I looked at EU leaderboards, 1750s isn't even a group of 20 players.

BUT they have people above 1750 yes?So we go back to the initial response I had.

Yes, it's absurd that people take a sample size of 20 and claim balance issues.

Just like it is absurd to take an underrepresented class and complain about it as well.

Same as how people complain about highly telegraphed abilities.

etc. etc.No one likes it, but this is what happens.I think I said this would happen at some point too.On with the crusades.

@Solori.6025 said:

Absurdly High Elo? They might have
some
higher players than NA. And can we address that, the EU MYTH. It's not the Pantheon of PvP Gods.Anyways, the last time I looked at EU leaderboards, 1750s isn't even a group of 20 players.

BUT they have people above 1750 yes?So we go back to the initial response I had.

Yes, it's absurd that people take a sample size of 20 and claim balance issues.

Just like it is absurd to take an underrepresented class and complain about it as well.

Same as how people complain about highly telegraphed abilities.

etc. etc.No one likes it, but this is what happens.I think I said this would happen at some point too.On with the crusades.

ok, well then I agree. What he basically said was "none of you scrubs know what your talking about because none of you are in the 1750s, where Revs Dominate!"At the time I responded to him, there wasn't a group of 5, let alone 20 so how is one Rev dominating anyone at that level? And that was my point. They aren't.

You can't dominate in a Rank of people that does not exist. At the time I wrote that it didn't. It is imaginary as his defense of his comments.

Side point-anyone that thinks Rev is op should go give it a try and see how well they fair on a class that has no immune to dmg, no stability, no good heals, bad condi removal, no stealth and a tough time leaving fights.

my dream in life was for revenant/ thief / guardian to require some amount of skill when zerging your enemy

too bad anet arent interested in this game requiring skill cause its supposed to be casual friendly and that's why you have classes with super cheap abilities and concepts like steal or judge's intervention or phase traversal/deathblow

why are abilities without line of sight allowed to exist? why can they pre-cast skills on the most powerful teleports in the game ? like get real already

on first sight gw2 looks like its bad cause its outdatedif you look deeper gw2 looks like its pretty good cus its stood the test of time and still has people playing it and is fast paced and keeps up with other modern games

and then when you reach the end of gw2 you realize that it's actually bad because you're extremely limited to what you can do as an individual (just like in most modern games) and to top that they added classes like revenant/thief/guardian just in case so they can shut you down even easier. Even if you could somehow potentially be a huge threat to the enemy team they made sure that won't be an issue with classes like revenant which are +1 classes from which you can't get away which have all the tools they need and there's absolutely no counterplay except getting to a no port spot and sitting afk and hoping your team wins the rest

your team, not you

@"incisorr.9502" said:my dream in life was for revenant/ thief / guardian to require some amount of skill when zerging your enemy

too bad anet arent interested in this game requiring skill cause its supposed to be casual friendly and that's why you have classes with super cheap abilities and concepts like steal or judge's intervention or phase traversal/deathblow

why are abilities without line of sight allowed to exist? why can they pre-cast skills on the most powerful teleports in the game ? like get real already

on first sight gw2 looks like its bad cause its outdatedif you look deeper gw2 looks like its pretty good cus its stood the test of time and still has people playing it and is fast paced and keeps up with other modern games

and then when you reach the end of gw2 you realize that it's actually bad because you're extremely limited to what you can do as an individual (just like in most modern games) and to top that they added classes like revenant/thief/guardian just in case so they can shut you down even easier. Even if you could somehow potentially be a huge threat to the enemy team they made sure that won't be an issue with classes like revenant which are +1 classes from which you can't get away which have all the tools they need and there's absolutely no counterplay except getting to a no port spot and sitting afk and hoping your team wins the rest

your team, not you

"I die outnumbered because I tunnel vision my 1v1's, boohoo, no counterplay, Nerf so I can 1v2 easily with my super skillful Condi mes."

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@"incisorr.9502" said:my dream in life was for revenant/ thief / guardian to require some amount of skill when zerging your enemy

your team, not you

"I die outnumbered because I tunnel vision my 1v1's, boohoo, no counterplay, Nerf so I can 1v2 easily with my super skillful Condi mes."

oof the truth hurts

The problem with rev is that it looks weak to normal people but people who actually know how to play rev is a real threat. And it is taking the job of thieves. Rev is better than thief at almost everything. The cleave a rev can put on a down state is GOD tier. Its disengages is also GOD tier. Its good in tf ...its doable in 1v1 and its good in plus 1. I am just saying that is too many roles a rev is good at. Currently, The classes that needs nerf are :-1:Soulbeast (might generation and weakness application)2:Mirage(faceroll condi application)3:Rev(sword 4/5 nerf)4:Ele(buff dmg and nerf evades)5: Tether war (the reveal on its tether and pulls should be evadable)6:Holo(passive elixer should be of lesser duration than the active one)

@"Xcution.4768" said:The problem with rev is that it looks weak to normal people but people who actually know how to play rev is a real threat. And it is taking the job of thieves. Rev is better than thief at almost everything. The cleave a rev can put on a down state is GOD tier. Its disengages is also GOD tier. Its good in tf ...its doable in 1v1 and its good in plus 1. I am just saying that is too many roles a rev is good at. Currently, The classes that needs nerf are :-1:Soulbeast (might generation and weakness application)2:Mirage(faceroll condi application)3:Rev(sword 4/5 nerf)4:Ele(buff dmg and nerf evades)5: Tether war (the reveal on its tether and pulls should be evadable)6:Holo(passive elixer should be of lesser duration than the active one)

I think the opposite :p I think rev looks strong to "non-pro" players and decent to "top tier" players.Revenant does not compare to a thief in mobility, the engage is great but the disengage sucks compared to a thief. Also Revenants mobility costs way more than thieves.

The only real strength to a revenant compared to a thief is that they do better burst and got more tools to deal with "teamfights", Also herald boonuptime & cleave does scale great in larger fights. For everything else i think thieves got the upper hand (mobility, prolonged duels, boonrip, harrassment & evasiveness)I do not think rev needs a swordnerf at all, all other suggestions seem legit though.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

your team, not you

it's one thing to be tunnel visioned and to die by a guy walking up to you, it's completely another thing for a guy to TELEPORT THROUGH A WALL WITH A PRE-CASTED ABILITY. It has nothing to do with tunnel vision. I understand that you wanted to mock me with your post but at least write sensible things while doing so. I've SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THEIR ENGAGE for this exact reason - that it punishes you regardless of how good you are.

I didn't even complain about stealth, yes stealth is just as bad and a huge issue but at least you can hear different skills from stealthed people and they still need a line of sight and if you're positioned properly you can expect from what angle the enemy will approach you (if it does happen) and generally stealth engage is braindead but still requires more to pull off than Steal/Judge's intervention and mainly Revenant because revenant has 2 teleports on top of insane damage and lol at people saying revenant has bad disengage

apparently having 100% stun breaker is bad disengage now? you have stun breaker with 10sec cd on legend swap and stun breaker with ((NO COOLDOWN)) and also an IFRAME on Shiro, how the hell is that "bad disengage" lmao. If you're good at rev you can chain block with multiple iframes with multiple dodge rolls and get a 15-20sec invulnerability period during which you can move (and if you're good you can use terrain to reduce incoming pressure and essentially disengage)rev has 2 iframes and a block on its weapons, in contrast even the "notorious" mesmer has a mere single iframe on axe (if they're running staff)

thief's disengage is better than rev? good joke, thief has good disengage with sword but their stun breakers are much worse and they're also much squishier

@incisorr.9502 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:my dream in life was for revenant/ thief / guardian to require some amount of skill when zerging your enemy

your team, not you

it's one thing to be tunnel visioned and to die by a guy walking up to you, it's completely another thing for a guy to TELEPORT THROUGH A WALL WITH A PRE-CASTED ABILITY. It has nothing to do with tunnel vision. I understand that you wanted to mock me with your post but at least write sensible things while doing so. I've SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THEIR ENGAGE for this exact reason - that it punishes you regardless of how good you are.

I didn't even complain about stealth, yes stealth is just as bad and a huge issue but at least you can hear different skills from stealthed people and they still need a line of sight and if you're positioned properly you can expect from what angle the enemy will approach you (if it does happen) and generally stealth engage is braindead but still requires more to pull off than Steal/Judge's intervention and mainly Revenant because revenant has 2 teleports on top of insane damage and lol at people saying revenant has bad disengage

apparently having 100% stun breaker is bad disengage now? you have stun breaker with 10sec cd on legend swap and stun breaker with ((NO COOLDOWN)) and also an IFRAME on Shiro, how the hell is that "bad disengage" lmao. If you're good at rev you can chain block with multiple iframes with multiple dodge rolls and get a 15-20sec invulnerability period during which you can move (and if you're good you can use terrain to reduce incoming pressure and essentially disengage)rev has 2 iframes and a block on its weapons, in contrast even the "notorious" mesmer has a mere single iframe on axe (if they're running staff)

thief's disengage is better than rev? good joke, thief has good disengage with sword but their stun breakers are much worse and they're also much squishier

Stunbreak isnt disengage bro. Ofc revenant is hard to lock, but he dont have any skill, what allow to exit fight fast enough. For example thief can shadowstep from stun and already will have good enough range to exit fight, mesmer have teleport/portal and so on. But revenant can just run away with superspeed, what isnt enough to get away from chase in current meta

Only one way how to disengage - found enemy far away and use phase travelsal port. But enemy can also break it (not insta cast)

@"rowdy.5107" said:rev is just a poor mans thief in my opinion. fun class to play. but thieves and mesmers do everything a rev can do, but so much better.

Funny, the thieves say that Rev is a rich mans Thief.Tell me, what exactly is that "everything" which thieves can do better?

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"rowdy.5107" said:rev is just a poor mans thief in my opinion. fun class to play. but thieves and mesmers do everything a rev can do, but so much better.

Funny, the thieves say that Rev is a rich mans Thief.Tell me, what exactly is that
"everything"
which thieves can do better?

Thief has;

Way higher damage than rev, it’s no competition. Even in a PVE environment it’s not even close. Power vs Power

High mobility than rev/sustain (once again no competition). Thief can cross entire DBL in like a minute.

People keep complying on rev because they lose to Revs that are nowhere near their own skill level. Rev has the LOWEST power damage by about 20-30% and LOWEST burst but people died to Rev hardest hitting attack and just can’t take it mentally.

Archived