playing revenant is borderline exploiting

incisorr.9502

Talking to OP is like talking to a brick wall except that brick wall has atrocious grammar and refuses to listen to any sort of logic at all about the situation.

He clearly has absolutely no idea how energy management works. Tell me when rev can dodge while stunned, and by the way, mirage is the one with a true no cd stunbreaker at any point.

Calling glint heal invulnerability despite the ability to condi spam during the "invuln" and kill the rev almost instantly after the 3 seconds of healing suggests poor knowledge of herald at best.

OP is a mirage so maybe he should learn to dodge. I'm outie.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple math...condi meta=rev stinks.

Power meta=rev opaf

The solution is to buff rev power damage and evade access so they can be more relevant in our power burst meta.

Reduce energy of phase traversal and riposting shadows to 5. Shiro was able to spam evades endlessly, and rev shouldn't have to stop after their 10s of iframes end.

OP's been trying to get rev nerfed for quite some time now, and since the first post it seems like he hasn't learned any new thing about Rev yet and still complained about "no CD" stunbreak, 20s+ iframe/block (what the hell?), infinite gap closers (like rev's got infinite energy or something), 12k damage unrelenting assault while he's playing mirage with clones and such, which counters rev's main hand sword pretty hard, 20k damage burst - I have no idea how you manage to eat an entire 20k damage burst, and he even says thief is worse at disengaging because of a 50CD shadowstep (what the hell is shortbow 5 for???).

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:Necromancer life stealing do damage through endure pain iirc. Thats how its coded probably (life steal ignore endure pain,thats it :d)

I actually killed a warrior while he was in endure pain with life steal,

Warrior: [Endure Pain]Me: ["Nothing Can Save You!"]Warrior: *dies*

Life steal aka Life Siphon ignore endure pain ... He should had 100 hp literally to dieThere some crazy warrior that crying that rev with his heal that charges could be blocked/evaded crying how unfair for revs to do damage on EP :bleep_bloop:Well... he always crying that warrior getting nerfs only and never get buffs so ...yea...

@Neil.3825 said:OP your problem is with shiro (and maybe sword off hand), not rev. Even glint is here, in the meta build, just to buff more shiro and buy some time when the fight is not at rev's advantage.Nerf shiro and buff all useless legends like jalis, mallyx, ventari and kalla (wow 4/6 legends sucks, great diversity).

This is the actual problem od Rev and I'm glad that someone is do straight-forward about it.Chill out with the Shiro burst and make other Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari and Kalla really viable. Like REALISTICALLY.Atm my guess is that ANet is afraid of Shiro-guys' outrage. Let's be fair - we need something to get weaker so other legends can shine through. Come on.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@Neil.3825 said:OP your problem is with shiro (and maybe sword off hand), not rev. Even glint is here, in the meta build, just to buff more shiro and buy some time when the fight is not at rev's advantage.Nerf shiro and buff all useless legends like jalis, mallyx, ventari and kalla (wow 4/6 legends sucks, great diversity).

This is the actual problem od Rev and I'm glad that someone is do straight-forward about it.Chill out with the Shiro burst and make other Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari and Kalla really viable. Like REALISTICALLY.Atm my guess is that ANet is afraid of Shiro-guys' outrage. Let's be fair - we need something to get weaker so other legends can shine through. Come on.

Not really, to use those other legends one has to drop either glint or shiro which are perceived as the 2 best legends. If you are running glint jalis for instance, it does not matter how strong shiro is at the time so why does it need to be nerfed to get jalis buffs? The reason to Nerf glint or shiro would be if the glint shiro build was oppressively op where alternative legends can fit into the meta but are just out classed by glint and shiro. But contrary to op's belief, current meta rev is pretty middle of the road compared to other classes meta specs, it is used by some strong teams but it is also not used by some strong teams such as both monthly at winners last month. So just buffing up alternative legends so they are valid competition to glint and shiro will not cause power creep as there is a clear opportunity cost to taking them.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

You can't do that, because both core Rev and Renegade are garbage for PvP. Slash Shiro (even more) or Glint (which no longer provides any support in PvP, is used only due has AoE cleave, cc and a good stunbreak) and you just removed the class from the game mode. Revenant has nothing but HERALD to be played in PvP since 3 years ago; the same sword/x+staff build with Shiro/Glint, but more dull than in the past thanx to the reduction of available runes and sigils, the removing of skills as Equilibrium, the cutting off of procs, the F2 great team buffs replaced by useless PvE features, etc. Is a miracle that a narrowed version of the same predictable build which was in use at the Rev release is still in use, and yet there's 0 chances of a replacement, because how trashy the base class and the second specialization are for PvP. I have 0 expectations for the next one, also. Anyway, those tears taste like ragweed...

@incisorr.9502 said:whatever i guess there's no hope that this class will ever get addressed? High elo is plagued with people borderline exploiting by playing revenant because the class is so ridiculously overpowered and unfair right now.

It has multiple to-target teleports that go through walls with unblockable attacks and very low/non-existent cooldowns while being capable of 2shotting you. It has chill debuff (op), it has weakness debuff (op), it has no cooldown stunbreaker, in the hands of someone that can play it its literally unkillable because he can disengage from any fight and just engage where his teammates are fighting due to ridiculous mobility and no cooldown unblockable tp engages

(herald) literally has everything it needs, its 30 times more op than thief ,its unkiteable, it even has kitten reveal lmao that's how overloaded it is. It has easy self buffs, it has invulnerability like uhm okay.. i get it was or used to be hard but this class has been ridiculous on higher elo for months and the ppl that can play it are just non-stop abusing it and then you go to the forum where there's mostly lower elo/average people posting and you see them cry about class balance when they can't even use the classes correctly and then how can anet even know how broken high elo is?

right now the biggest issues on high elo are how incredibly high the power dmg is and everyone is abusing it and rev is at the forefront of that..

I cant understund you guys. ReallyInstead of create revenant and make some fight - you come to forum to write total absurd about revenant

@incisorr.9502 said:It has multiple to-target teleports that go through walls with unblockable attacks and very low/non-existent cooldowns while being capable of 2shotting you. It has chill debuff (op), it has weakness debuff (op), it has no cooldown stunbreaker, in the hands of someone that can play it its literally unkillable because he can disengage from any fight and just engage where his teammates are fighting due to ridiculous mobility and no cooldown unblockable tp engages

Phase Travelsal cost 35 energy, when Rev have 50 out of combat. 15 energy left = 1 skill, no stunbreaks, no disables (1s immob lul). Normally rev should swap legends to continue fight. It means you need 10 second to follow target it he jumps/tp and so on.

Chill 1 sec fro sword 2 and Elemental Blast with small radius and also Glint legendary skill. Ofc if you stay in all 3 ticks till get chill, weakness and burning + a lot power damage - your chances for succes is much lower. But it is only your personal fail as player and not Revenant class broken skill.

No cooldown stunbreaker you mean Riposting Shadows? 30 energy. It is about 7 seconds to generate and.. most important - 10 seconds to use one skill and then dont have energy for any other one. Also if rev swap legendary stance - 10 sec cd will not allow to access skill what he maybe will need and already dont have cd.

It is like telling about thief non cd op skill use and forgot iniciative cost. Absurd

(herald) literally has everything it needs, its 30 times more op than thief ,its unkiteable, it even has kitten reveal lmao that's how overloaded it is. It has easy self buffs, it has invulnerability like uhm okay.. i get it was or used to be hard but this class has been ridiculous on higher elo for months and the ppl that can play it are just non-stop abusing it and then you go to the forum where there's mostly lower elo/average people posting and you see them cry about class balance when they can't even use the classes correctly and then how can anet even know how broken high elo is?

What means 30 times op than thief? How to undertund this? In what role? 1v1 s/d thief will win rev with same skill level, ground target map mobility thief with shortbow will win revenant, fight disengage thief always win, in target burst DE will win revenant, in condi clean thief is better for himself and teamsupport with signet. If you compare classes, please explain parameters. Power shiro can better +1 fight against duel classes like engi/boonbeast/guard/warrior and teamfight burst it is only parameters where rev is better. It calls - role

Reveal have 240 radius and cost stunbreak. Revenant dont have stealth, so thief is 30 times op?Heal is easy to counter. Specially in 1v1 fights. If you heal revenant to max health - you probably doing something wrong. This one is easy to avoid if you just look on opponent buff. (glint heal faceit and then infuse light icon).

Yes. Power burst damage is high. It is Revenant strongest side. It is in top player list because if effective only in good hands and smart brain,who thinks step furtner and see all map. I have already discreabed the reason above - hard to disengage and high risk to just feed opponent. Also energy managemant and legend swapSimple example - Revenant swap to Shiro stance -> use Phase travelsal on enemy -> getting rampage 5/4/2, engi rifle 2/holo 5 or any other cc and die. Why? Because left 15 energy, no stunbreaks, for legend swap need to wait 8 more seconds and 30 times op than thief ofc.

I am not even talking about condi pressure and weakness debuff, what cut damage for 80% (and some meta build like boonbeast have permanent weakness application from skills+ passive low cd).

And about mirage mesmer?Lul whaat?Easy to +1? Maybe easy to 1v1 also? I am from parallel universe gw2?Evade/Distortion/Jaunt/Staff 2/teleport/portal/axe target break/torch invis if 240 distance away. A u srsly?Not even talking about passive blind application and revenant killing himself by illusions/confusion/tornment stacks with no possible healing and normal condi cleanse.

And any class will suffer if eat all burst. From mirage torch/DE death Jugment/core guard jump/warrior rampage/longbow rangerBut always much better to rage and make posts instead of looking on own mistake and analize in what point where you wrong

This rule aplies for every competitive game.I have riddle for you - Every player in team carrying 4 nubs. Why they stay at same rating for seasons?

Lol I thought OP was joking ??

Rev is pretty balanced now. Very deadly when controlled by someone with skill, but still exceptionally weak to condi pressure and stunbreaks can be tricky.

The skill ceiling for revs is higher than most classes and there aren’t that many people that play it, so you will usually go against someone that sucks or someone who could ruin you.

The good news for you is that there has only been one remotely viable rev build in the meta for a really long time, so you can pretty much know what to expect. If you really want to improve, find someone who is good at rev and ask them to duel you so you can practice. Good luck gamer.

I enjoy playing Revenant and also playing against Revenant: Good kit but with limitations, Dharma outlined most of it in his post above.If you know what his options are, Rev is put in akward position - survive the burst then take him down. High risk high reward makes for some interesting gameplay.Obv if you use Revenants alpha strike on spellbreaker you are gone (invuln proc + counterburst) Engie i would try (procced elixir gives some time to replenish energy/swap legends and finish him off) mesmer and thief handle with care - if your burst is covered with some evade frames and/or blinds you are gone.

If you bust rev down in stages even glint's heal is not enough - just don't heal him up to full health.Good revenants play similar to thief of old - grab a kill on some squishy target then fade away for 10-15 secs until your kit is up again. I love the flow of the action there.

@"Sampson.2403" said:Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

Not saying that make them OP, just an observation.

like how there's a 1.9K+ rev and like how none of the people posting here are actually 1750+ who have ever seen a high elo revenant and what they're capable of

just like my threads are mostly stating the obvious

good revs are broken cus the class is too forceful and does too much dmg , too reliably and " easy " and " uncounterably " in comparison to other classes

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

What exactly do they do so well to carry matches?

I think that the +1/roamer role has the greatest team impact potential in sPvP matches. Power Rev currently excels in this role.

@incisorr.9502 said:

@"Sampson.2403" said:Good revenant players seem to carry matches more so than good players on other classes.

like how there's a 1.9K+ rev and like how none of the people posting here are actually 1750+ who have ever seen a high elo revenant and what they're capable of

just like my threads are mostly stating the obvious

good revs are broken cus the class is too forceful and does too much dmg , too reliably and " easy " and " uncounterably " in comparison to other classes

There are literally 20 players above 1700 Currently in NA

Just gonna post on behave of OP.

Rev used to be alright when condi was dominant, the damage spikes actually made sense. Ever since conditions were nerfed, sword 4 just became a cheese fest and that's why I stopped playing power shiro altogether, it's too easy to play and really doesn't take much effort to achieve anything. The build pretty much carry itself.

I had already suggested that they bring back the old sword 4 for the sake of balancing, or make it so that to hit very strong you need to block a certain amount of attacks because right now all you can do is drag your cheek across 4 5 after Phase Traversal and call it a day, if that's not enough, kite kite and repeat 4 5 until it's done.

It has really come to the point where I stopped played my favorite profession just because of how stupidly easy it is to get shit done with it.

Rev used to be high skill with all the management, but nowadays people will deny and imply that it's still hard to play with whatever ways to think it's possible to counter them, they just don't understand how stupidly brain dead the burst is on the class and when you understand the profession, it becomes unstoppable in a way that isn't called skill play and attacking at the right time, it's straight up 4 5, 4 5, 4 5 because it follows up so well and you can't move out of it till immobilize is gone, even in plat people still melt to it.

In a way this reminds me too much of how Power Lock used to be a stun, while possible to stunbreak fast enough and dodge or roll back with any stunbreak skill, it was still OP just for the fact that you couldnt do anything about it while now you just get dazed and if you don't react fast enough, you die just as fast.

@"Obtena.7952" said:"Playing Revenant is Borderline Exploiting" and "Mesmers most broken class in game" are literally neck and neck in the PVP forum right now ... COINCIDENCE or CONSPIRACY?

Personally im glad something counters mesmers, its about time we got something which counters mesmers.

@Shao.7236 said:Just gonna post on behave of OP.

Rev used to be alright when condi was dominant, the damage spikes actually made sense. Ever since conditions were nerfed, sword 4 just became a cheese fest and that's why I stopped playing power shiro altogether, it's too easy to play and really doesn't take much effort to achieve anything. The build pretty much carry itself.

I had already suggested that they bring back the old sword 4 for the sake of balancing, or make it so that to hit very strong you need to block a certain amount of attacks because right now all you can do is drag your cheek across 4 5 after Phase Traversal and call it a day, if that's not enough, kite kite and repeat 4 5 until it's done.

It has really come to the point where I stopped played my favorite profession just because of how stupidly easy it is to get kitten done with it.

Rev used to be high skill with all the management, but nowadays people will deny and imply that it's still hard to play with whatever ways to think it's possible to counter them, they just don't understand how stupidly brain dead the burst is on the class and when you understand the profession, it becomes unstoppable in a way that isn't called skill play and attacking at the right time, it's straight up 4 5, 4 5, 4 5 because it follows up so well and you can't move out of it till immobilize is gone, even in plat people still melt to it.

In a way this reminds me too much of how Power Lock used to be a stun, while possible to stunbreak fast enough and dodge or roll back with any stunbreak skill, it was still OP just for the fact that you couldnt do anything about it while now you just get dazed and if you don't react fast enough, you die just as fast.

But don't you need to acquire 25 stacks of might before you use sword 4 and 5 to make it cheese?

Its good against people who don't know how to watch their opponent use skills. If you still attack a rev using infuse light then you have no room to complain. Not gonna lie they do have super strong burst and their cc for teamfights is amazing, but whenever you run into some other profession who knows what a rev does you start to realize that Rev isn't necessarily that stoverpowered, it just stomps on people who aren't necessarily that good at pvp and run simple op builds like scourge, fb, and mirage and function on using rotations instead of acting and reacting to their opponent. A good holo or thief is the absolute counter to rev, at least in my experience. Rev literally has just enough defensive tools to skate by, and if you know what those are you can exploit them to no end.

Another note. People say Revs got all these skills and such but don't realize they need energy to be used. If you are using all you're skills you are constantly vulnerable and sitting below 10 energy and basically hoping your opponent doesnt attack before you get enough energy to use sword 3 or staff 3, or until your legend cd ends. People have no idea when the Revenant can't use skills due to energy and CD and that is precisely why they get wrecked. They see the strong burst and get scared as shit, but don't realize they can't do much after the opening.

I could be totally biased as Rev is usually thought of as a joke or as an op class, but never in between. And it barely ever reiceves any changes, its only changes to the meta that influence this opinion. No one uses invuln warriors anymore, there are less competant thieves since everyone runs sniper deadeye, and there are less competant mirages since everyone rerolled and uses its inherent strength as an excuse to not watch what the enemy Rev is doing.

Learn you're enemy and build and fight accordingly. It's not a one strategy fits all game, people.

Archived