Some of the Gold times needed for the new races are ridiculous

Will.9785

From what I remember seeing last night, getting gold provides:

• Additional AP
  • A title
  • A fancier version of the scarf

This is an additional reward for those that want a challenge while those that don’t also get their own lesser reward. I don’t really see what the issue is. The timers for the races are fair.

@Will.9785 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:Why are people even doing this for that much time if it's not even enjoyable for them? For Golden Scarf? You can buy it in TP ( which is really stupid by the way ). Take your silver and let other people have their fun with this. No need to nerf requied times like with Halloween race.

How does lowering the times required for gold so that the content is more accessible affect your fun in any way? You still have leaderboards.

I'm not that pro to look at leaderboards, gold satisfied me enough. There should be things that are a little harder to obtain than the others, since Golden Scarf is patched and you can't obtain it via TP then it's a great example for something you need to really try to get it. If you can't make gold times and Beetle is not enjoyable for you, then this skin is simple not for you and I can't see anything wrong about it.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Terrain bumps can really mess with the Beetle since the Beetle gains no traction or has any control while it's not connected to the ground

It would be neat if we could actually speed up in mid air as well. :+1:

Agreed, It's kind of silly the boost doesn't really speed you up in the air, it is essentially a rocket boost lol

I mean, I like that you can gain adrenalin by using "boost" in the air, but some jumps are too short for that, namely when you hit a small bump (and there are locations where you have several bumps in sequence). In that case, I often want to speed up shortly before the bump, but the game doesn't register and I have to wait until I hit stable ground again to be able to speed up. Precious time lost.

@"cNd.1096" said:

@"cNd.1096" said:Why are people even doing this for that much time if it's not even enjoyable for them? For Golden Scarf? You can buy it in TP ( which is really stupid by the way ). Take your silver and let other people have their fun with this. No need to nerf requied times like with Halloween race.

How does lowering the times required for gold so that the content is more accessible affect your fun in any way? You still have leaderboards.

I'm not that pro to look at leaderboards, gold satisfied me enough. There should be things that are a little harder to obtain than the others, since Golden Scarf is patched and you can't obtain it via TP then it's a great example for something you need to really try to get it. If you can't make gold times and Beetle is not enjoyable for you, then this skin is simple not for you and I can't see anything wrong about it.

You don't see anything wrong with forcing people to endure content they despise (in large part due to the fact that it's poorly implemented, mind you) to unlock rewards people have been asking for since the game's release (scarves). OK then. Because I think its a good way to drive away players.

@Will.9785 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:

You don't see anything wrong with forcing people to endure content they despise to unlock rewards people have been asking for since the game's release (scarves). OK then. Because I think its a good way to drive away players.

You still have normal race scarf, right? This one is easy to obtain.

@"cNd.1096" said:

@"cNd.1096" said:

You don't see anything wrong with forcing people to endure content they despise to unlock rewards people have been asking for since the game's release (scarves). OK then. Because I think its a good way to drive away players.

You still have normal race scarf, right? This one is easy to obtain.

I dont like the tassels.

but it is that hard for some us due to hardware limitations among other things, I spent the whole night on snowden drifts, after reaching 32,600 seconds around 3am i have been unable to improve further in any sensible way, it's like i'm hitting an invisible rubber wall, no matter how many attempt I make, I watched so many videos, I dont even know what to try anymore, kinda at a loss on how to proceed from here.

OK so disclaimer that I have not read this thread in terms of everyone's replies, but really, how can this thread be opened on day one of the races? Maybe practice a bit? get the races into muscle memory? I cant understand why you expect to get gold on your first try, that completely devalues the rewards. I am VERY happy with the times, they are achieveable but challenging. I practiced quite a bit today to get my first gold reward, and will try do one a day. But really they are fine.

This must sound like a broken record to some but the time for gold is fine as it is. For all races. Gold is meant to be a challenge, and people are able to get gold just fine with enough effort and dedication. There is an alternative scarf skin that isn't only better looking, but has 3 dye slots compared to the golden scarf which has only 1. For that reason alone I'm feeling like most people are only complaining because they want their bragging rights but not work for it.

Keep in mind these are permanent races. They will not go away even after the sweepstakes are done. You don't have to worry about rushing them. Learn to beetle and you too can earn your title.

One last thing on the subject of boosts disappearing: they do that when a race event has ended, and you were in the middle of racing. Plan ahead and don't do the track when a race event is about to end.

@Will.9785 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:

You don't see anything wrong with forcing people to endure content they despise (in large part due to the fact that it's poorly implemented, mind you) to unlock rewards people have been asking for since the game's release (scarves). OK then. Because I think its a good way to drive away players.

You know, if we had pages upon pages, and thread after thread, I might have to co-sign this. We don't, though. In fact, it would seem that, despite the basic premise of the thread, people are indeed getting gold in all the tracks. This means that it's the farthest possible thing from ridiculous that you can get. It would seem that it's hard to do, that's not a bad thing. Not every bit of content should be knocked out in the first few days by everyone playing it. The participation trophies already exist, so the top rewards should be for those that actually perform well enough to get them.

How many winners are there in the World Cup tournament? How many teams take home the trophy in the Super Bowl for American foot ball? How many teams win the World Series every year? What about the Stanley Cup for Hockey? The correct answer is one, the team that actually wins all the marbles. This content doesn't just reward the top player with the top prize though, does it. It rewards everyone that can achieve(ment) a certain score on each track. That's why it's called an achievement, because it takes some work, and dedication to get it. If you're not willing to put in the work, and it's apparently possible to achieve, since people are indeed achieving it, then you don't need it, and from my own personal perspective, you don't want it bad enough. I doubt I'll be trying it, I suck at racing games in general, but I'm not going to expect that they'll just hand out all those rewards for the heck of it somewhere down the line either. If I decide I want them, then I know what I have to do. I'm not willing to do it, and so I'm willing to go w/out the rewards that come with it.

While I am having trouble getting gold in Snowden and Brisban, I do NOT want them to nerf the gold times. Yeah, I may get frustrated when I mess up, but that's on me, not on the race. Improve yourself with switching to low res graphics to up your FPS and it helps. It helped me a lot. Funny enough, I found it easier to get gold in all the others except Brisban and Snowden, of which the latter is very unforgiving, but I will get it eventually. I already have the normal scarf, but I will get the gold and I will be proud of it. One thing that irks me the wrong way, though, is those that brag in map chat and say they will show you how to do it if you watch their stream. All about getting those sub numbers, right?

Regardless of that, I learned the tracks and know more or less what to expect. And yes, the bug where boost suddenly disappear is extremely annoying. I hope they fix it soon.

Brisbane took me an hour or two. Mount Maelstrom took me 20-30 minutes for gold. Snowden took me a little over an hour of having no more faith and wondering how I did it. Gendarran took me 1 try. Diessa took me 20-40 minutes. That's what it took for me to get all the golds.

I'd saying Brisbane and Mount Maelstrom made me better at driving beetle, but were the most difficult courses to learn. Maelstrom otherwise isn't at all difficult to go through. Brisbane isn't easy no matter what. Snowden is crazy short, but not easy to shave time at all. Most people with gold will say they gave up and just kept making attempts anyway and somehow got it for Snowden. Diessa is mostly simple and natural turns with 2 drift spots necessary for more gold based scores. The mastery ups your odds for gold on all of these by a bit minus Gendarran which plain doesn't need it. Brisbane you simply must know how to drift or you won't make gold, and you got to nail more corner cutting with planned routes. That's most of what you need to know for gold scores.

I have gold on the others, but I'm finding Jormag’s Fang (Snowden Drifts) and Tropic Valley Raceway (Brisban Wildlands) are beyond hard. A, seemingly, perfect run is just getting me silver on both. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I'm currently about 1 second from gold on Jormag's and 1 or 2 seconds from gold on Tropic.

I've only gotten gold on the practice track and I won't be able to get gold on any of the others because of physical limitations. I'd like to have the title but I know it will never happen and I'm ok with that. There is something I'm confused about though, in the achievement panel it says: Complete a lap of the roller beetle race in Brisban Wildlands within the time limit. Reading that it tells me that if I get bronze I should get the achievement, or is this incorrect? Do you have to get gold to complete it? I was proud of my bronze finish.

@"Shrimpkin.4851" said:I've only gotten gold on the practice track and I won't be able to get gold on any of the others because of physical limitations. I'd like to have the title but I know it will never happen and I'm ok with that. There is something I'm confused about though, in the achievement panel it says: Complete a lap of the roller beetle race in Brisban Wildlands within the time limit. Reading that it tells me that if I get bronze I should get the achievement, or is this incorrect? Do you have to get gold to complete it? I was proud of my bronze finish.

There are two achievements: the regular scarf achievement, and the "Ace" lap achievements, for getting gold in time trial/during race, the gold scarf.

@Memoranda.9386 said:

@"Shrimpkin.4851" said:I've only gotten gold on the practice track and I won't be able to get gold on any of the others because of physical limitations. I'd like to have the title but I know it will never happen and I'm ok with that. There is something I'm confused about though, in the achievement panel it says: Complete a lap of the roller beetle race in Brisban Wildlands within the time limit. Reading that it tells me that if I get bronze I should get the achievement, or is this incorrect? Do you have to get gold to complete it? I was proud of my bronze finish.

There are two achievements: the regular scarf achievement, and the "Ace" lap achievements, for getting gold in time trial/during race, the gold scarf.

Sorry, I guess I should have specified. I meant the Rolling Racer achievements. It gave me credit for the race in Mount Maelstrom and I know I only got bronze on that one, yet I didn't get credit for getting bronze in the Brisban race. Odd to say the least.