Some of the Gold times needed for the new races are ridiculous

Will.9785

@Einsof.1457 said:I actually like the challenge. Take your silver and go. Instead of begging for the content to be made easier, you can ask for tips and advice instead. The perceived entitlement needs to stop.

You say entitlement yet you act realy immature. Is it really that big of a prestige to get gold on a buggy and unpolished feature? You seem to be the one entitled and seeking attention and dont want others to enjoy your shinies,grow up

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:

@Einsof.1457 said:I actually like the challenge. Take your silver and go. Instead of begging for the content to be made easier, you can ask for tips and advice instead. The perceived entitlement needs to stop.

You say entitlement yet you act realy immature. Is it really that big of a prestige to get gold on a buggy and unpolished feature? You seem to be the one entitled and seeking attention and dont want others to enjoy your shinies,grow up

No, he makes a fair point. Asking for a challenge to be nerfed on the first day was ridiculous . . .

You also bring up a good point though, in that if anet does introduce more difficult challenges as I and others hope, it may be a good idea to let those challenges be their own reward rather than locking titles, skins or ap behind them. Players doing it for the challenge wouldn't be bothered by the lack of rewards, and it would prevent players turned off by the challenge from getting too fussed about it . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I was interested to discover that according to gw2efficiency -- I know, I know -- more players have the golden scarf than the regular scarf. To me, that says players were more interested in the more challenging content than the 'participation' content. Perhaps anet would do well by its players to introduce more challenging content moving forward as well . . .Or it could just mean that have the participation trophy as their goal aren't there yet because they won't (or can't) spend hours on beetle races on day 1.It doesn't take very long to do the participation cheeve. It's only fifteen laps and you can do them with the time trial, don't have to wait for the races. Given that even on the easiest courses the players that have achieved the golden scarf would only be a few more laps away from the regular scarf it would appear that once they achieved gold on a course many actually ignored the regular cheeve and moved on to the more challenging cheeve, so a more reasonable interpretation of the data would be that more players preferred the more challenging content . . .

Ofc the content is just a few days old now and the data will likely change over time with more players obtaining the regular scarf, which if true would indicate to me that more players who play a lot preferred the more challenging content while more of the infrequent players preferred the more casual content, which would be less surprising . . .But why should I do 15 laps on 5 races in a day or two when I can just do a lap or two on whatever map I am on for the daily bronze/silver/gold chests and get my scarf in a couple of weeks that way? I still think your interpretation of those numbers is majorly flawed.

Plus I seriously doubt it's in ANet's best interest to concentrate their development on the needs of those that rush through new content/achievements early (and then complain that there's nothing to do). A good mix is in order, but the new content is meant to entertain people for a good while, and those numbers you quote do nothing to convince me that ANet is better off developing for the people that are done with the content in a matter of hours.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I was interested to discover that according to gw2efficiency -- I know, I know -- more players have the golden scarf than the regular scarf. To me, that says players were more interested in the more challenging content than the 'participation' content. Perhaps anet would do well by its players to introduce more challenging content moving forward as well . . .Or it could just mean that have the participation trophy as their goal aren't there yet because they won't (or can't) spend hours on beetle races on day 1.It doesn't take very long to do the participation cheeve. It's only fifteen laps and you can do them with the time trial, don't have to wait for the races. Given that even on the easiest courses the players that have achieved the golden scarf would only be a few more laps away from the regular scarf it would appear that once they achieved gold on a course many actually ignored the regular cheeve and moved on to the more challenging cheeve, so a more reasonable interpretation of the data would be that more players preferred the more challenging content . . .

Ofc the content is just a few days old now and the data will likely change over time with more players obtaining the regular scarf, which if true would indicate to me that more players who play a lot preferred the more challenging content while more of the infrequent players preferred the more casual content, which would be less surprising . . .But why should I do 15 laps on 5 races in a day or two when I can just do a lap or two on whatever map I am on for the daily bronze/silver/gold chests and get my scarf in a couple of weeks that way? I still think your interpretation of those numbers is majorly flawed.

Plus I seriously doubt it's in ANet's best interest to concentrate their development on the needs of those that rush through new content/achievements early (and then complain that there's nothing to do). A good mix is in order, but the new content is meant to entertain people for a good while, and those numbers you quote do nothing to convince me that ANet is better off developing for the people that are done with the content in a matter of hours.

its funny that you write that since its the people who do NOT rush though content complaining here. not gold on the track in the first day? a failure!

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I think the argument that players wouldn't care about running fifteen laps bc they'll probably run fifteen laps eventually anyway would actually support the theory that they are not especially interested in the reward for doing so . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I think the argument that players wouldn't care about running fifteen laps bc they'll probably run fifteen laps eventually anyway would actually support the theory that they are not especially interested in the reward for doing so . . .Wanting a reward and wanting it NOW are two very different things. Patience is a virtue not to be overlooked.

@sigur.9453 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

its funny that you write that since its the people who do NOT rush though content complaining here. not gold on the track in the first day? a failure!My comment wasn't aimed at the opening post of this thread but specifically made to challenge the assumption that the current numbers allegedly show that players are more interested in challenging than participation content (their words, not mine). I still believe your reasoning is faulty. There are many more people out there neither rushing nor complaing.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I think the argument that players wouldn't care about running fifteen laps bc they'll probably run fifteen laps eventually anyway would actually support the theory that they are not especially interested in the reward for doing so . . .Wanting a reward and wanting it NOW are two very different things. Patience is a virtue not to be overlooked.

Seems the challenge was the much more effective motivator in this case then . . .

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@agnostAnts.7065 said:Y'know, I'd probably have gold in Brisban by now, but the map instance I've been stuck in has a mimosa sapling spawned right in the crux of the last root you need to speed under before hitting the finish line. I didn't really appreciate this fact until now, but resource nodes like saplings? They have collision. RNGesus strikes again!

Gather it then and remove the collision? Obviously.As far as I'm aware gathered tree stumps have the same collision as full saplings.

I gathered it yesterday to remove it and could pass through that section as I normally would.

I hadn't encountered a map like this until today, I too thought chopping it down would clear the obstacle, it did not . . .

@Will.9785 said:Mount Malestrom and Brisbane Wildlands in particular. If you have even the slightest mistake you are screwed. Cut us a break, please. I'm tired of having to restart over and over and over again.

Just because you are bad doesn't mean they need to nerf the gold times. It's you who needs to git gud instead of moaning on the forums :D

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Seems the challenge was the much more effective motivator in this case then . . .You keep insisting that the first day numbers are any kind of indicator, while willfully ignoring the fact that a large part of this game's playerbase leads lives that don't even permit that much gametime a day, much less spend all of it on just one specific aspect of the game.

Face it: a lot of people play this game because (unlike many others) it allows goals to be reached without having to no-life every content that is released. How many people complete new challenges on the first day has no connection to how many people enjoy the more relaxed aspects and goals of new content.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Seems the challenge was the much more effective motivator in this case then . . .You keep insisting that the first day numbers are any kind of indicator, while willfully ignoring the fact that a large part of this game's playerbase leads lives that don't even permit that much gametime a day, much less spend all of it on just one specific aspect of the game.

Face it: a lot of people play this game because (unlike many others) it allows goals to be reached without having to no-life every content that is released. How many people complete new challenges on the first day has no connection to how many people enjoy the more relaxed aspects and goals of new content.

You seem to misunderstand what is being discussed. I am not comparing the number of ppl who have achieved each goal to the total number of players, I am comparing the number of ppl who have completed one goal to the number who have completed the other. The ppl who completed either goal could have used the same time to complete the other instead. The fact that the more difficult goal has been completed more frequently is a strong indicator that the challenge of that goal is more appealing. Why is that uncomfortable for you . . ?

Seems like you're just not good at it.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You seem to misunderstand what is being discussed. I am not comparing the number of ppl who have achieved each goal to the total number of players, I am comparing the number of ppl who have completed one goal to the number who have completed the other. The ppl who completed either goal could have used the same time to complete the other instead. The fact that the more difficult goal has been completed more frequently is a strong indicator that the challenge of that goal is more appealing. Why is that uncomfortable for you . . ?The challenge of that goal is more appealing
to the small subset of the playerbase who have already concentrated on the new content challenges
. That's not uncomfortable for me. It's a conclusion based on a small, biased subset of the playerbase. You try to make it sound like that conclusion is applicable to the whole playerbase. I simply pointed out that your conclusion is not universally valid.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You seem to misunderstand what is being discussed. I am not comparing the number of ppl who have achieved each goal to the total number of players, I am comparing the number of ppl who have completed one goal to the number who have completed the other. The ppl who completed either goal could have used the same time to complete the other instead. The fact that the more difficult goal has been completed more frequently is a strong indicator that the challenge of that goal is more appealing. Why is that uncomfortable for you . . ?The challenge of that goal is more appealing
to the small subset of the playerbase who have already concentrated on the new content challenges
. That's not uncomfortable for me. It's a conclusion based on a small, biased subset of the playerbase. You try to make it sound like that conclusion is applicable to the whole playerbase. I simply pointed out that your conclusion is not universally valid.Well you certainly took a convoluted path. If that was your only goal why did you not simply accept my making that very point in my first reply to you . . ?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Terrain bumps can really mess with the Beetle since the Beetle gains no traction or has any control while it's not connected to the ground

It would be neat if we could actually speed up in mid air as well. :+1:

Agreed, It's kind of silly the boost doesn't really speed you up in the air, it is essentially a rocket boost lol

I mean, I like that you can gain adrenalin by using "boost" in the air,
but
some jumps are too short for that, namely when you hit a small bump (and there are locations where you have several bumps in sequence). In that case, I often want to speed up shortly before the bump, but the game doesn't register and I have to wait until I hit stable ground again to be able to speed up. Precious time lost.

Yeah and if you try to build up the endurance bar on those chances are you'll loose more since you don't have enough time to pull off evena short trick.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Terrain bumps can really mess with the Beetle since the Beetle gains no traction or has any control while it's not connected to the ground

Agreed, It's kind of silly the boost doesn't really speed you up in the air, it is essentially a rocket boost lol

but
some jumps are too short for that, namely when you hit a small bump (and there are locations where you have several bumps in sequence). In that case, I often want to speed up shortly before the bump, but the game doesn't register and I have to wait until I hit stable ground again to be able to speed up. Precious time lost.

Yeah and if you try to build up the endurance bar on those chances are you'll loose more since you don't have enough time to pull off evena short trick.

Don't even get me started on those small bumps! I don't know how many good rounds were ruined by those when I just wanted to use the boost but hit a micro-bump which the game interpreted as me attempting a trick during this half-a-second airtime, resulting in me losing a quarter of the endurance bar and now unable to use the boost even after that bump. :#

I'm thinking that, if we're going to go with entitlement, insisting that content be made easier so one can get the achievement would be closer to the actual definition. Maybe it's just me, who hasn't played it at all, and won't because I suck at racing games, but if one is finding it too hard, and insists that it be made easier to accommodate them, are the ones acting entitled. It must be something desirable to those that can't seem to get it, because if it wasn't, this thread wouldn't exist.

@Locce.8405 said:

but

Don't even get me started on those small bumps! I don't know how many good rounds were ruined by those when I just wanted to use the boost but hit a micro-bump which the game interpreted as me attempting a trick during this half-a-second airtime, resulting in me losing a quarter of the endurance bar and now unable to use the boost even
after
that bump. :#

Yep XD Been there so many times ahh it's annoys me to no end XD

@Locce.8405 said:

but

Don't even get me started on those small bumps! I don't know how many good rounds were ruined by those when I just wanted to use the boost but hit a micro-bump which the game interpreted as me attempting a trick during this half-a-second airtime, resulting in me losing a quarter of the endurance bar and now unable to use the boost even
after
that bump. :#

Turn off the conditional mount commands and use a key that's not the same as jump for your boost. Then you can hammer the boost button all you want in the air without loosing it for failing a trick.

@Will.9785 said:Mount Malestrom and Brisbane Wildlands in particular. If you have even the slightest mistake you are screwed. Cut us a break, please. I'm tired of having to restart over and over and over again.

Well I did them all. Then again I'm a highly skilled player lol. I dunno, I feel like if anything should be rewarded, it should be individual skill level. Which this is exactly that. So I dunno man.

I would say they are fine as they are. I am terrible with the beetle. I didn't really try to get gold times. But so far got Kryta (1st try, Gendarran 2nd try and Mount Maelstrom 1st try today). Just do it a few times and perhaps one time you hit the gold by accident. I guess that the ones with lot of lag will have better luck next month when the dailies are gone and a lot of players may not be stacked at the tracks. If times need adjustment, this can always be done in future, but give it a few months to evaluate. But honestly, we also have griffin race tracks and on those I don't always manage gold either. I don't ask them to change this. I just have to practice better :)