Suggestion: Make either Exquisite Serpentine Jewels or Diviner Insignia trade-able

Vyrek.5019

As it stands now both are account bound but the exotic armor pieces are not. Why not just make the jewels or insignia trade-able? If you can buy the armor pieces out right then why have the time gate via jewels when most other stat types don't have one?

Yeah, I would like to see the Serpetine Jewels trade-able... Give somenthing for the people that have no interested in doing Diviner gear somenthing to do with the Jewels they get from the Events/Catacombs. And make easier for people that actually want to do Diviner gear to obtain it through the TP.

If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

Only if you're doing the collection.

It's a different story if you're trying to make the GEAR. Diviners is quite out of pace with basically all other stats in game. I can whip up a full set of viper or berserker in no time, assuming I have the fractal chests. On the other hand, grinding a full set of insiginas to convert to diviners is taking at least a week. And that's with me spending time on the metas to get plate halves. Imagine if I had very little time a day and had to pay for those plates.

And before anyone says so, the "use raid boxes" argument is invalid, because I'm comparing the difficulty of acquiring the insiginas against say....vipers, or commanders, or berserkers. Vipers is also an acc bound insignia that is considerably easier to obtain.

I found out after some investigation you can buy the plates to do the content. Smart Anet.

Anet still wants you to do the content to get the jewels. If you are willing to buy the jewels on the TP ... the plates are just as good. IMO, the plates are better option than buying the jewel.

@Sicarine.3985 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:If you do both metas and find most of the hidden chests a day, you get enough to be able to make two of the exotic versions. Completing those collections and doing the metas again and finding most of the chests is enough to make the ascended skins. So two days to make two Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is finely paced.

Only if you're doing the collection.

It's a different story if you're trying to make the
GEAR
. Diviners is quite out of pace with basically all other stats in game. I can whip up a full set of viper or berserker in no time, assuming I have the fractal chests. On the other hand, grinding a full set of
insiginas
to convert to diviners is taking at least a week. And that's with me spending time on the metas to get plate halves. Imagine if I had very little time a day and had to pay for those plates.

And before anyone says so, the "use raid boxes" argument is invalid, because I'm comparing the difficulty of acquiring the
insiginas
against say....vipers, or commanders, or berserkers. Vipers is also an acc bound insignia that is considerably easier to obtain.

There is a lot wrong with the collection all the way through regardless. Having a daily resource to make a stat item is very much trash, but consider Celestial gear.

If you can put up with exotics you have the option of some diviner gear pieces from reward tracks that happen to be account-bound similar to ascended.Items such as Confessor Caudecus's Mask , Dragonscale Headdress , Corsair Turban , Dragonscale Epaulets , Houndskin mantle, Olmakhan Mantle , Corsair Jerkin, Glacial Gauntlets , Corsair Leggings , Mursaat Brogans.

As far as soulbound, Triumphant and Glorious have the stat.

However, making them sellable wouldn't really help in the short term if drop rate is horrible. Instead I'd wish for addition of serpentite jewel into the reward tracks, much higher rate from dwarven chests, and guaranteed from completion of meta wouldn't be bad either.

It is guaranteed from the meta, in a way. The LoD hidden chest in the treasure room has 3 guaranteed. It's a different story if you get stuck for 27 minutes trying to get the graveling plate and LoD buff disappears before you make it to the treasure room

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:There is a lot wrong with the collection all the way through regardless. Having a daily resource to make a stat item is very much trash, but consider Celestial gear.

Oh I forgot about celestial. I suppose though that Wintersday and FotFW help stockpile quartz outside of a single source

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:doesnt seem to be any diviner gear on tp

I saw one Leather Chest being sold for 50g... It problably was already bought or removed by the seller.

It's new still. Assuming it's intended by ANet to be tradeable, we'll see more of it being offered/bought off the TP.

I don't see the point, though. If I have grasped the concept correctly, this new stat combo is only useful in non-open world content, right? So who would wear exotics in raids, high-level fractals, or in WvW?

@Sicarine.3985 said:It is guaranteed from the meta, in a way. The LoD hidden chest in the treasure room has 3 guaranteed. It's a different story if you get stuck for 27 minutes trying to get the graveling plate and LoD buff disappears before you make it to the treasure room

Yeah, I got fed up with this after wasting about 15 minutes killing that stupid thing last night without getting the drop, and left. Not sure why they didn't make it a 1-kill-get-the-plate thing, but this RNG is utter BS. I have better things to do than to waste my time trying to get some RNG crap to drop from a mob.

@kharmin.7683 said:What happens when this becomes another Serpent's Ire situation where the meta no longer completes/succeeds because all of those who were able to get their jewels early on no longer populate the map? The rest of us more casual players end up being gated out?

If the jewels were tradeable maybe people would problably still do them for profit... Considering they are not exactly a common drop, they would problably be selling for about the same value as a Intact Mosaic which is also another thing with a super low drop rate.

Archived