Power Herlad feels weak

Mikexsa.6482

Hey everyone, I wanted to know if someone could reply this post with an explained rotation (video) for a power build.

I love the reneged so much but most of my time I spend in open world and wvw.The Herlad feels boring and weak to me and I keep dying all the time while the Viper Condi Reneged blast a ton of mobs in the open world and I never die.

Can someone please suggest me a build and explained rotation on a versatile power rev? (Most of the time OW & WVW)

Thanks in advance.

@Mikexsa.6482 said:Understood, but it didnt answerd my question.1.Why the reneged dosent do well in wvw?2.Am I the only one who fills that the power herlad feels weak?3.Can you please suggest me a build and explained rotation on a versatile power rev?

Renegade wasn’t implemented well overall for what the rest of the class is attempting to do, the Weapon with the class was clunky and so were the ES mechanic.

Everyone have a different opinion on if Power Herald is too weak or too strong, in PvP for its Role it is in a relatively good place, it takes a little more skill to play effectively and is shut down by heavy Condi builds, in WvW it’s decent for small scale Roaming as a S/S and Staff Or if you go backline Hammer Rev in Zergs it is phenomenal, for Open world PvE Power Herald is Meh if you want to AoE mobs down, it is doable but not super efficient.

Depends on what you are trying to do per game mode, the Trait builds and stats will relatively be the same.

Zerker/Marauder w/ whatever Rune of your choice of Scholar, Surging, Firework, Leadership, Dolyak, Durability.The traits haven’t really changed in the many years of the class being introduced, same with Rotation.

DevastationInvocationHerald

We must be playing a different game then, power herald in open world plays very strong. High burst damage, high cc, and excellent survivability and I've got 3k hours on just rev alone.When engaging into combat: Deathstrike --> and than Shackling Wave is more than enough to almost one shot most mobs in open world.Make sure facet of darkness and facet of strength are both up while throwing down your facet of elements.Use facet of strength on mobs with higher health, and than immediately switch to assassin stance and activate impossible odds. To maximize your dps keep switching stances and stun/ break bars often.I recommend this build with your own little changes: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFSNG54HtB4APw+fJ8hA-jhBXABAs/QPq/IsyP71EIqegnVCCA-e

You can switch out retribution for Invocation for increased damage and another extra stun break. Stay with retribution for way better sustain. Steadfast rejuvenation is really powerful, especially when you combine it with all the life steal you get.

@"Dragon.8762" said:We must be playing a different game then, power herald in open world plays very strong. High burst damage, high cc, and excellent survivability and I've got 3k hours on just rev alone.When engaging into combat: Deathstrike --> and than Shackling Wave is more than enough to almost one shot most mobs in open world.Make sure facet of darkness and facet of strength are both up while throwing down your facet of elements.Use facet of strength on mobs with higher health, and than immediately switch to assassin stance and activate impossible odds. To maximize your dps keep switching stances and stun/ break bars often.I recommend this build with your own little changes: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFSNG54HtB4APw+fJ8hA-jhBXABAs/QPq/IsyP71EIqegnVCCA-e

You can switch out retribution for Invocation for increased damage and another extra stun break. Stay with retribution for way better sustain. Steadfast rejuvenation is really powerful, especially when you combine it with all the life steal you get.

Power rev is shit in open pve vs group of mobs and literally most boring class there is. AA AA AA AA AA AA cause using anything else results in massive dps loss and time waste.

Condi is superior at open pve and literally superior in every aspect vs groups and even vs single target.

@LucianDK.8615 said:playing a reaper and a heraldnant in open pve is like night and day. Reaper outclassing revs in performance and survivaility. Resigned my herald to be a hammerer in wvw, at least there he is useful.

Herald is probably the most indestructible class there is in PvE, where Facet of Light can literally heal you for an infinite amount of health. I think you're probably just better at playing Reaper and maybe not so much at Reving?

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

@"Dragon.8762" said:We must be playing a different game then, power herald in open world plays very strong. High burst damage, high cc, and excellent survivability and I've got 3k hours on just rev alone.When engaging into combat: Deathstrike --> and than Shackling Wave is more than enough to almost one shot most mobs in open world.Make sure facet of darkness and facet of strength are both up while throwing down your facet of elements.Use facet of strength on mobs with higher health, and than immediately switch to assassin stance and activate impossible odds. To maximize your dps keep switching stances and stun/ break bars often.I recommend this build with your own little changes:

Power rev is kitten in open pve vs group of mobs and literally most boring class there is. AA AA AA AA AA AA cause using anything else results in massive dps loss and time waste.

Condi is superior at open pve and literally superior in every aspect vs groups and even vs single target.

After my 1000s of hours plus of experience on rev, I greatly disagree and can even provide proof. I've even soloed some dungeons and fractals with ease using power renegade no food or outside buffs other than what rev already provides. Even as I'm writing this in fact, I am soloing the Molten furnace fractal just for fun to test out the effectiveness of berserkers gear paired with sanctuary runes on rev.I also don't get how rev or even power herald is bad at survivablity or aoe. Mobs usually have a cap in open world of, how many can be attacking you at once before a few of them start to de-aggro you.

As for dps in open world, I've been running a dps meter for almost 2 years now and have been testing it against other players during meta events, sometimes fractals, dungeons with like 1 or 2 other people, and world bosses. I am either #1 in dps or 2-4th place. These numbers though are still not 100% accurate. For one thing, the dps meter starts counting in dps generated over time. Meaning if another player starts dpsing 10 seconds before I start to dps, he/she will probably have higher numbers. Also, last time I looked into it (which was a very long time ago) the dps meter also doesn't count life steal as damage yet. But idk if thats changed at all yet. I don't think even the dps raid golem calculates life steal damage.

Now granted, I'm not suggesting that power rev is the best dps out there or whatever. Not at all. But it currently isn't bad. Its actually really good. I've played every class for 100s or 1000s of plus hours as well. They all have their perks. Being boring is subjective and comes down to personal taste.

@Dragon.8762 said:

@Dragon.8762 said:We must be playing a different game then, power herald in open world plays very strong. High burst damage, high cc, and excellent survivability and I've got 3k hours on just rev alone.When engaging into combat: Deathstrike --> and than Shackling Wave is more than enough to almost one shot most mobs in open world.Make sure facet of darkness and facet of strength are both up while throwing down your facet of elements.Use facet of strength on mobs with higher health, and than immediately switch to assassin stance and activate impossible odds. To maximize your dps keep switching stances and stun/ break bars often.I recommend this build with your own little changes:

Power rev is kitten in open pve vs group of mobs and literally most boring class there is. AA AA AA AA AA AA cause using anything else results in massive dps loss and time waste.

After my 1000s of hours plus of experience on rev, I greatly disagree and can even provide proof. I've even soloed some dungeons and fractals with ease using power renegade no food or outside buffs other than what rev already provides. Even as I'm writing this in fact, I am soloing the Molten furnace fractal just for fun to test out the effectiveness of berserkers gear paired with sanctuary runes on rev.I also don't get how rev or even power herald is bad at survivablity or aoe. Mobs usually have a cap in open world of, how many can be attacking you at once before a few of them start to de-aggro you.

As for dps in open world, I've been running a dps meter for almost 2 years now and have been testing it against other players during meta events, sometimes fractals, dungeons with like 1 or 2 other people, and world bosses. I am either #1 in dps or 2-4th place. These numbers though are still not 100% accurate. For one thing, the dps meter starts counting in dps generated over time. Meaning if another player starts dpsing 10 seconds before I start to dps, he/she will probably have higher numbers. Also, last time I looked into it (which was a very long time ago) the dps meter also doesn't count life steal as damage yet. But idk if thats changed at all yet. I don't think even the dps raid golem calculates life steal damage.

Now granted, I'm not suggesting that power rev is the best dps out there or whatever. Not at all. But it currently isn't bad. Its actually really good. I've played every class for 100s or 1000s of plus hours as well. They all have their perks. Being boring is subjective and comes down to personal taste.

I agree, after couple of days playing qnd try to figure out what is the beat for me. I found a few things.1.I dont need glint/herlad because I can stack 25 might easily.2.sustain was really bad to me while playing with glint/shiro (they both have crappy healing, at least for me),But the life leaching and the regular healing by renegade is really amazing.

Most of the time I am out there alone in the pve so I dont find it really necessary to swap to herlad and boon my allies.For wvw its a different story which I can agree.

My conclusion after playing for days with different builds is that, Power Renegade gets the trophy, Ill explain:

1. He feels more stronger to me because of the AoE from bomba thing, life leeching elite skill, and the blue char slapping thing skill.
  2. I can stack easily 25 might, and sorry allies but most of the time Im alone so srry
  3. The Sustain, oh the sustain is so good with reneged.

Herlad & Glint was really boring weaky to me because he's more like a passive elite class to me.

Renegede is the thing, and arenet just patched him to be a power profession as well.

@LucianDK.8615 said:playing a reaper and a heraldnant in open pve is like night and day. Reaper outclassing revs in performance and survivaility. Resigned my herald to be a hammerer in wvw, at least there he is useful.

Kind of feel the same way. Power Herald has pretty terrible sustain. You either run Shiro for mobility or Jalis for Hammers + Life Siphon, but I find my Herald gets burned down far faster in PvE than any of the other professions I play. Truth told I haven't spent as much time in PvE as I have on WvW so it could be more of an L2P issue, but that, and the crappy change to Sword 4 keeps my Herald zerging full time.

@Dragon.8762 said:

@Dragon.8762 said:We must be playing a different game then, power herald in open world plays very strong. High burst damage, high cc, and excellent survivability and I've got 3k hours on just rev alone.When engaging into combat: Deathstrike --> and than Shackling Wave is more than enough to almost one shot most mobs in open world.Make sure facet of darkness and facet of strength are both up while throwing down your facet of elements.Use facet of strength on mobs with higher health, and than immediately switch to assassin stance and activate impossible odds. To maximize your dps keep switching stances and stun/ break bars often.I recommend this build with your own little changes:

Same, I've solo'd Arah paths on Power Herald in the past... Can't even imagine doing that ish on Condiren. No hp reset, no perma-boon hax, no chance... I mean, obviously Ren is better in a group where you're getting those boons from other sources, but hearing people call Herald weak in PvE, where the mobs don't stop attacking you when you pop Facet of Light just sounds crazy to me. :confounded:

I think this is coming down to a difference in skill.I never use the shiro heal when I have low health. I'd recommend using it when at mid health or after anticipation of an enemy attack so you can get the full thing off.CCing, blocking, blinding, applying weakness, life stealing, interrupting, etc, all apply and contribute towards survivability. Which rev already has in a different ways.

When facing legendary mobs or champs in this case, you would want to know the damage rotation of the enemy. So you know when to attack and when to evade etc.You also want to keep switching legends. I've seen some people play rev and almost never switch their legend. This is a mistake. You always want to be switching.

Breaking bars should be no problem for revs. This equals lots of free damage and can contribute towards survivability. This also includes line of sight range mobs and kiting melee mobs. The invulnerability stages can be used to get a lot of free damage in.

@LucianDK.8615 said:I switch legends frequently myself. Ive managed to kill some champions with no mobs around, but my rev generally goes down when theres mobs present. Just dont have the sustain for it.

i use herald with sword / shield with zealots stats, that alot of heal, some decent precision, might and damgage, not top but its enought for me.

Herald is extremely survivable so long as you aren't forced into an early legend swap. The trick is to rotate through each of your legend and weapon skills, plus dodges and heals inbetween regular attacks, then switch weapons and legends. Playing a Rev is almost hypnotic to me, there's a really neat rhythm you get going between cycling skills that I've not found with other professions except maybe Elementalist.

However, how the shit do you solo dungeons on a power renegade? Inquiring minds would love a video!

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Mikexsa.6482 said:Understood, but it didnt answerd my question.1.Why the reneged dosent do well in wvw?2.Am I the only one who fills that the power herlad feels weak?3.Can you please suggest me a build and explained rotation on a versatile power rev?

Renegade wasn’t implemented well overall for what the rest of the class is attempting to do, the Weapon with the class was clunky and so were the ES mechanic.

Everyone have a different opinion on if Power Herald is too weak or too strong, in PvP for its Role it is in a relatively good place, it takes a little more skill to play effectively and is shut down by heavy Condi builds, in WvW it’s decent for small scale Roaming as a S/S and Staff Or if you go backline Hammer Rev in Zergs it is phenomenal, for Open world PvE Power Herald is Meh if you want to AoE mobs down, it is doable but not super efficient.

Depends on what you are trying to do per game mode, the Trait builds and stats will relatively be the same.

Zerker/Marauder w/ whatever Rune of your choice of Scholar, Surging, Firework, Leadership, Dolyak, Durability.The traits haven’t really changed in the many years of the class being introduced, same with Rotation.

DevastationInvocationHerald

its pretty weak in tpvp , all the evades/blocks make power rev extremely useless

Archived