Why WvW and PvP will never work tell...

Madeal.8691

I started playing WvW for the Warclaw mount. At first I really enjoyed WvW and made it a part of my daily routine. But after a week of playing and all the cheating I have seen it just is not worth playing in a WvW environment. I have seen single players just sit in the middle of a zerg and take no damage and then just stand there as the zerg takes off. Or I have taken damage from out of no were and then to have a player pop out of the ground and kill me after my health is down. Not to mention the speed stuff, I was next to a player that went clear across map in less than a sec running on foot. There are to many 3rd party cheats and until Anet fixes these problems It just will never be fun for most. Most of my friends and clan will not play WvW because of these reasons and the fact that rewards really are not up to rest of game. Also it is already happening but as soon as most get the Warclaw you will see the numbers in WvW die off again.

@Madeal.8691 said:I started playing WvW for the Warclaw mount. At first I really enjoyed WvW and made it a part of my daily routine. But after a week of playing and all the cheating I have seen it just is not worth playing in a WvW environment. I have seen single players just sit in the middle of a zerg and take no damage and then just stand there as the zerg takes off. Or I have taken damage from out of no were and then to have a player pop out of the ground and kill me after my health is down. Not to mention the speed stuff, I was next to a player that went clear across map in less than a sec running on foot. There are to many 3rd party cheats and until Anet fixes these problems It just will never be fun for most. Most of my friends and clan will not play WvW because of these reasons and the fact that rewards really are not up to rest of game. Also it is already happening but as soon as most get the Warclaw you will see the numbers in WvW die off again.The bold is factually gonna happen.

@Madeal.8691 said:I started playing WvW for the Warclaw mount. At first I really enjoyed WvW and made it a part of my daily routine. But after a week of playing and all the cheating I have seen it just is not worth playing in a WvW environment. I have seen single players just sit in the middle of a zerg and take no damage and then just stand there as the zerg takes off. Or I have taken damage from out of no were and then to have a player pop out of the ground and kill me after my health is down. Not to mention the speed stuff, I was next to a player that went clear across map in less than a sec running on foot. There are to many 3rd party cheats and until Anet fixes these problems It just will never be fun for most. Most of my friends and clan will not play WvW because of these reasons and the fact that rewards really are not up to rest of game. Also it is already happening but as soon as most get the Warclaw you will see the numbers in WvW die off again.

This sounds more like a pver in full zerk armor who is clueless about the mode...

• Like 1

Let me guess, you don't have a single clue how other professions work do you?Why does one always suspect it's gotta be hacks and cheats. Why can't it be ones slow reaction or running some unreliable build in open pvp environment or play with basic key setups?

• Like 1

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Madeal.8691 said:I started playing WvW for the Warclaw mount. At first I really enjoyed WvW and made it a part of my daily routine. But after a week of playing and all the cheating I have seen it just is not worth playing in a WvW environment. I have seen single players just sit in the middle of a zerg and take no damage and then just stand there as the zerg takes off. Or I have taken damage from out of no were and then to have a player pop out of the ground and kill me after my health is down. Not to mention the speed stuff, I was next to a player that went clear across map in less than a sec running on foot. There are to many 3rd party cheats and until Anet fixes these problems It just will never be fun for most. Most of my friends and clan will not play WvW because of these reasons and the fact that rewards really are not up to rest of game. Also it is already happening but as soon as most get the Warclaw you will see the numbers in WvW die off again.

This sounds more like a pver in full zerk armor who is clueless about the mode...

OP isnt all wrong.Gw2 offer nothing new as a game, from the horrible class design ment to carry failures and the shallowness of wvw mechanics and some gameplay...Alot in this game could be improved, it seams Anet keeps goings on the wrong direction of a awfull and unskilled game...

About the h4xs, mounts initiative be haxed(at least th epve ones).

@Aeolus.3615 said:

OP isnt all wrong.

Yeah I mean they at least posted in the right section amirite.

• Like 1

@Duckota.4769 said:

OP isnt all wrong.

Yeah I mean they at least posted in the right section amirite.

i wont disagree with that either :}But with the quality of the dev's we have... i dont see game improving besides small things that no one cares or something that really is really need getting delayed and beign to prodution only if they feel forced to.

Last time i was with a dev on a WvW coms dev cursed the players that wanted to defend tower in desert map .... like it was not intended fto have fights... with this mentality i dont see them capable of bring new blood to the gamemode(being pvp or WvW).

@Aeolus.3615 said:

OP isnt all wrong.Gw2 offer nothing new as a game, from the horrible class design ment to carry failures and the shallowness of wvw mechanics and some gameplay...Alot in this game could be improved, it seams Anet keeps goings on the wrong direction of a awfull and unskilled game...

OP spent a week in wvw and he/she suddenly became an expert on the mode. Seems legit. So legit, in fact, that everyone is cheating.And since gw2 is so horrible, what are you even doing here?

You come to WvW for the mount, you have zero clue about other professions in fights and you affirm everyone is a cheater when probably all you saw is a Blink from a mesmer or Shadowstep from a thief.

We don't need people like you in the gamemode, go back to your safe mob hunting in PvE and bring all your friends thanks.

@whoknocks.4935 said:You come to WvW for the mount, you have zero clue about other professions in fights and you affirm everyone is a cheater when probably all you saw is a Blink from a mesmer or Shadowstep from a thief.

We don't need people like you in the gamemode, go back to your safe mob hunting in PvE and bring all your friends thanks.

While jumping the gun and calling someone a cheater is definitely harmful for the game mode. I also think this may be a bit harsh also. If you can record what you see maybe we can point you in the right direction as to what is actually going on. Or if you have questions about abilities just ask. However there is a lot of in combat mobility. Specifically via utility skills you would almost never take in PvE that may account for what you are seeing.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

OP spent a week in wvw and he/she suddenly became an expert on the mode. Seems legit. So legit, in fact, that everyone is cheating.And since gw2 is so horrible, what are you even doing here?

I found last month that this game has pve and its quite nice... mobs are dull but they can do some damage so that's okeyish.

The feedback on a new comer to WvW is really valuable, it shows the perception that players have when arriving to the gamemode for the first time, your probably a ktrainer or some one who hides behind 20scrouges and 20firebrands beating empty to small servers m8 be a expert then :}

There are no wvw experts.... so every one counts.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

I found last month that this game has pve and its quite nice... mobs are dull but they can do some damage so that's okeyish.

The feedback on a new comer to WvW is really valuable, it shows the perception that players have when arriving to the gamemode for the first time, your probably a ktrainer or some one who hides behind 20scrouges and 20firebrands beating empty to small servers m8 be a expert then :}

you don't need to be an expert to realize OP's claims are poorly informed (to put it nicely) and while feedback from newcomers can be useful, it doesn't mean they can just make wild claims about the entire gamemode when they clearly doesn't know the basics.

@derd.6413 said:

you don't need to be an expert to realize OP's claims are poorly informed (to put it nicely) and while feedback from newcomers can be useful doesn't mean they can make wild claims about the entire gamemode when they clearly doesn't know the basics.

It's a overreaction that's true... still its the experience that the player had when arriving the gamemode, he could probably had the luck of finding such skilled players with 3rd party stuff,, only OP can tell us what he perceived when arriving clueless at wvw.

On pve its very rare but sometimes i ispot a player doing package editing with mounts skills, class skills, it exist also in wvw some even macros+wpe, maybe that's what OP spoted.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

you don't need to be an expert to realize OP's claims are poorly informed (to put it nicely) and while feedback from newcomers can be useful doesn't mean they can make wild claims about the entire gamemode when they clearly doesn't know the basics.

It's a overreaction that's true... still its the experience that the player had when arriving the gamemode, he could probably had the luck of finding such skilled players with 3rd party stuff,, only OP can tell us what he perceived when arriving clueless at wvw.

if OP wanted ppl to take him and his post seriously in that light, he should've written his post as such. he didn't, he presented it as if he knew what he was talking about and as such ppl will criticize him from that angle.

@derd.6413 said:

if OP wanted ppl to take him and his post seriously in that light, he should've written his post as such. he didn't, he presented it as if he knew what he was talking about and as such ppl will criticize him from that angle.

All that we can IMO tell to the op is ... Cheat happens :}, but for the OP to notice that and not focus on the gamemode itself is more worrysome, sometimes what one dont tell can warn more about what a player didnt payed atention to or its experience wasnt good in 1st place, that what ive picked more from OP venting.

(ps i worked in game dev, short time but maybe its why ic stuff with a diference perception and sometimes get a bit confused as player on my responses)

Wow, Some are really funny. Actually I have been playing the game for about 6 years now and have played WvW before just not lets say full time like I did for the week. Yes I know all the builds and have a Cond ranger I play in it mostly. It is a mega build that does quite well in PvP and WvW. I am talking about someone going from spawn in point to the other side of the map in less than a sec and they were running. Not Tping or using short bow with a thief Or anything like that. Looked it up on YouTube and found exactly what I had seen. It was a 3rd party program that effects your speed to ungodly amounts, way beyond what is achievable in game. The same program will allow you to go through bottom of map and move around while being able to kill and effect the above environment. I don't mind getting my ass kicked by someone and not whining about balance. I was a play tester for over 8 years for another game, and was also a computer tech. for 20 years. I am not saying everyone is using it, I am saying I am seeing a larger amount of use of these programs.

@Madeal.8691 said:Wow, Some are really funny. Actually I have been playing the game for about 6 years now and have played WvW before just not lets say full time like I did for the week. Yes I know all the builds and have a Cond ranger I play in it mostly. It is a mega build that does quite well in PvP and WvW. I am talking about someone going from spawn in point to the other side of the map in less than a sec and they were running. Not Tping or using short bow with a thief Or anything like that. Looked it up on YouTube and found exactly what I had seen. It was a 3rd party program that effects your speed to ungodly amounts, way beyond what is achievable in game. The same program will allow you to go through bottom of map and move around while being able to kill and effect the above environment. I don't mind getting my kitten kicked by someone and not whining about balance. I was a play tester for over 8 years for another game, and was also a computer tech. for 20 years. I am not saying everyone is using it, I am saying I am seeing a larger amount of use of these programs.

I'm not sure what you're seeing then tbh. Unless its a core group of people in your current matchup who all hack together. As it is quite rare for me to see a blatant one. And the times I do theyre just the same person whos been at it for years meanwhile anet has never banned them even when whole servers have banned them.

@"Madeal.8691" said:Wow, Some are really funny. Actually I have been playing the game for about 6 years now and have played WvW before just not lets say full time like I did for the week. Yes I know all the builds and have a Cond ranger I play in it mostly. It is a mega build that does quite well in PvP and WvW. I am talking about someone going from spawn in point to the other side of the map in less than a sec and they were running. Not Tping or using short bow with a thief Or anything like that. Looked it up on YouTube and found exactly what I had seen. It was a 3rd party program that effects your speed to ungodly amounts, way beyond what is achievable in game. The same program will allow you to go through bottom of map and move around while being able to kill and effect the above environment. I don't mind getting my kitten kicked by someone and not whining about balance. I was a play tester for over 8 years for another game, and was also a computer tech. for 20 years. I am not saying everyone is using it, I am saying I am seeing a larger amount of use of these programs.

Well, you start with "i started playing wvw for the warclaw mount", then it became "i have played wvw just not full time" and "i have been playing the game for 6 years" (which means little if you just kill pve mobs). Then you mention a condi ranger build, which means you roam (and condi ranger isnt even good). And you somehow stumbled upon cheater after cheater. I have been playing wvw for 8 hrs daily for 2 yrs at least, and can quite honestly tell you i can remember the very few times (3-4) i encountered cheaters. This seriously seems like a l2p issue. Or lack of it.

Oh, so OP is one of those guys who plays power build, meets ranger with Signet of stone, dies and then whisps him „cheater, reported”.Yes PvE-lad, we all are cheaters in this and PvP mode. Join us in hacking community or die like rest of fair players. gg ez l2p

This isn't anything new, to be honest. Yes, there's people who cheat, but they're generally a minority and easily spotted (movement hacking golems for instance).

That said, I get regularly accused of cheating because I regularly run shadow trap, and half of the playerbase seem to be totally unaware of how that skill functions. Also, there is a massive imbalance in individual sustain and sustain in a zerg, this may appear to be cheating but is actually just the result of power creep.

So yeah. With respect to you, OP, you'll need a bit more than a week's experience to spot the difference these days.

@"Madeal.8691" said:Wow, Some are really funny. Actually I have been playing the game for about 6 years now and have played WvW before just not lets say full time like I did for the week. Yes I know all the builds and have a Cond ranger I play in it mostly. It is a mega build that does quite well in PvP and WvW. I am talking about someone going from spawn in point to the other side of the map in less than a sec and they were running. Not Tping or using short bow with a thief Or anything like that. Looked it up on YouTube and found exactly what I had seen. It was a 3rd party program that effects your speed to ungodly amounts, way beyond what is achievable in game. The same program will allow you to go through bottom of map and move around while being able to kill and effect the above environment. I don't mind getting my kitten kicked by someone and not whining about balance. I was a play tester for over 8 years for another game, and was also a computer tech. for 20 years. I am not saying everyone is using it, I am saying I am seeing a larger amount of use of these programs.

Okay, I've been playing the game mode almost exclusively since launch, and I have seen maybe 5 definite cheaters in WvW. The "Event" launches, and you, a WvW neophyte, immediately see all these cheaters using third party programs? Anecdotal evidence suggests that in that case all these new players that rushed into WvW must contain a much higher proportion of cheaters than the old WvW playerbase contains.

• 2 years later...

I agree with the opening post...PvP or WvW, it doesn't matter...it won't work.  I know what you're talking about Madel.8691 because I've seen the same thing.  There's no way to bullet proof in PvP so why are there players taking zero damage while dealing out any where from 1 to 3 hit kills?  GW2's PvP is not fun and for the same reasons World of Warcrafts PvP was broken.

And before you Fanboys attack, I'm not necessarily talking about cheating or anything like that (although is can happen).  PvP is not right because the overall game design is not right.  Fanboys love talking about builds and stuff but really, GW2 only has one build, "zerk" and that's because Power seems to be the dominant attribute.  Condi and support builds are really not needed at all because "zerks" as a whole will heal the group and "zerks" as a whole will absorb damage...because GW2 does not follow a true Tank, DPS and healer tradition (which always bugs me when a player in game assumes they can heal alone for a raid or dungeon...phft!).

That alone makes the game not really that fun because it's a "zerk's" world.  Yes, GW2 belongs to the "zerks!"  "Zerk" for breakfast, "zerk" for lunch, "zerk" for dinner and "zerk" for dessert.

Armor.....  That's another bad concept.

Armor types mean nothing in GW2.  Heavy, Med or Light it does not matter, you will basically take the same damage.  If you consider that fact and take into account healing is not strong in the game because there's no healer class and therefore no super healing for one player...  So you tell me...  How is that "zerk" in WvW not only taking next to zero damage but able to bust full heals in the matter of seconds?  I've seen it too many times to know it's going on in PvP.  Now rather you want to say it's a cheat or not...I don't know but something is up and I know it's not armor types (or builds), I know it's not from buffs and I know there's no super healing in the game.

You can argue about specs and builds and what not but players should not have to jump through build loops of fire just to play in PvP.  GW2 PvP feels just like World of Warcraft's PvP with the same old players who appear to be Gods.  I remember back in "WoW" me and a buddy ended up two on one in a PvP match up.  We both were geared fairly good and my bud was a thief and I was a paladin (with lots of healing ability).

When we saw the one player, I was like WTH...is he really going to fight both of us alone.  I'll never forget it, the other dude was a female blood elf.  When the match started, the blood elf stood there taking zero damage from every thing we threw at him and then he finally did one sword slash....just one and BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my bud were dead!!!!  One hit kill!!!!  Two people at once!!!!

That's impossible....   There's was no way in "WoW" for any player to take zero damage let alone kill two well geared players with one strike.

When I'm in WvW in GW2, I see similar stuff.  A player running around being attacked by four people, taking little to no damage at all and by the time you count to three....  The four attackers are dead by the one player and he's standing there in full health...without a scratch.

I don't know what the "H" is going on but this is why I don't care for PvP in GW2 and the only reason I'm doing it is because the "DEVS" forced me to do it!  That's right!  In order to craft my legendary I'm forced to do PvP for the Gift of Battle!  This is why all gear types in game should be obtainable outside of PvP and Raids by use of the crafting system and common items alone!

Some players don't want to be forced to be a rabbit for players who  take zero damage while dealing out 100K damage in one hit.  How they do it, you figure it out but the fact I must do it in order to obtain an in-game item for crafting is disgusting!  The God players have destroyed PvP...there is nothing fun about it!

Sadly, it can't be fixed with the current game design but at least remove the Gift of Battle from PvP and make it available in-game another, non-raiding, way.  Let PvP be for all the players who are doing what every it is they are secretly doing to get "Godded" up.

Yes, there's hacks and cheats....  I know this.

Back in "WoW" I saw this Deathknight busting attacks on a target dummy in game and I stood and watched him.  What I noticed was, he had no cools downs!  This guys was constantly spamming his most powerful attacks over and over again with no refresh of abilities and he was doing it forever until I sent a "pm" and asked him what cheat he was using because I know it was a hack.  He then stopped and only said, "getting ready to raid" and ran off.

You would think it's impossible because of server side data relations but obviously it's not.

Some players are doing PvP for legendary armor too....again...the "DEVS" have forced PvP on your unwilling soul!  I will never have legendary armor because when I craft the one legendary weapon, I'm done!  No more blasting a player in WvW only to see him just stand there in full health like you're not even there.  What kind of garbage game design is that!?  If it's a hack, then it needs to be dealt with!

The "DEVS" are going to ruin it all...  I know it's coming...  The same thing that hurt "WoW."  There will be another armor and weapon tier and it will be tied to Raiding or PvP and will make ascension gear useless.  When that day come, my GW2 days will be over....just like I walked away from World of Warcraft, GW2 will be no acception.  I just hate the fact I have put so much money into the game already and bought the "EOD" expansion that's coming, early.

Forgive me for "typos"...eyes are not as great anymore.

Alright Fanboys....  Your time to attack now.  Go ahead, keep telling the "DEVS" they're doing everything right and keep blaming players....  You see what happend to "WoW?" .......   Get a clue....

Edited by Horace.3184
  • Confused 1