Roaming with the Warclaw-updating your tactics so you can play the way you enjoy.

Nightshade.2570

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Don't look at me bro, I hate rage whisperers.

Rage whispers are kind of silly with some people, it's only one way communication and they don't even let you reply.

I dont know. I like some good trash talk as long as it's creative. Had some pretty hilarious insults thrown at me that made me laugh and we ended up giving each other movie recommendations.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the mark traps idea, that sounds like a whole bunch of fun. And a very different play style/experience to anything I've really had before in WvW.I don't have much to contribute yet in the way of suggestions, not having had the chance to unlock the warclaw yet, but sort of hoping that someone eventually makes a thread from the other perspective of how to update your tactics to survive without a warclaw haha!

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Ganking.

You're talking about ganking.

Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

The op is 100% describing ganking. 2v1 and 3v1 is what "kills" roaming, not warclaw as some like to parakeet.

2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount that auto WPs me back to spawn, I just can't handle dying.

Sounds like you prefer dueling and kitten circles, which are ACTUALLY killing roaming compared to a party of 2 or 3 looking for fights.

Right, ganking people 3v1 is "looking for fights".

Right, because all I do is fight 3v1 and never 3v5. Get some friends maybe?

Beat me to it

Ganking, Zerging, Havocing, Roaming, hell.. even Scouting. Call what you do in WvW WHATEVER you want.

IMO If you're KILLING the ENEMY (directly or indirectly)... If you believe IT'S RED? THEN IT'S DEAD!! ::skull:
and you're NOT HACKING... brothers...sisters, I salute you! o7

Like most of us vet WvW'ers, I've done countless 1v1's 2v2's, 5v3's, 40v50's and 80v60's and everything in-betweenover the last 6.5 years, 14.4K hours (mostly in WvW), 6647 Ranks and 323,620 kills.And the one constant theme over all that time for me has been..."IF IT'S RED, then IT'S DEAD!"And if you're contributing to that theme for your server, then I salute you! o7

I enjoy "ganking" DAM RIGHT! - SoulBeast, DD, MirageI enjoy "zerging" HELLS YEAH! - Warrior, Guard(s), Herald, Scrapper, Reaper, TempestI enjoy "havocs, roaming, and some scouting TOO!' All of the AboveWhatever WvW job I can do to KILL THE ENEMY, I try to do it.

OP, thank you for sharing some new ways you've adapted to having Warclaw in WvW and continuing to KILLING the Mother-kitten ENEMY! o7

@"Krypto.2069" said:Ganking, Zerging, Havocing, Roaming, hell.. even Scouting. Call what you do in WvW WHATEVER you want.

IMO If you're KILLING the ENEMY (directly or indirectly)... If you believe IT'S RED? THEN IT'S DEAD!! ::skull:

and you're NOT HACKING... brothers...sisters, I salute you! o7

Like most of us vet WvW'ers, I've done countless 1v1's 2v2's, 5v3's, 40v50's and 80v60's and everything in-betweenover the last 6.5 years, 14.4K hours (mostly in WvW), 6647 Ranks and 323,620 kills.And the one constant theme over all that time for me has been..."IF IT'S RED, then IT'S DEAD!"And if you're contributing to that theme for your server, then I salute you! o7

I enjoy "ganking" DAM RIGHT! - SoulBeast, DD, MirageI enjoy "zerging" HELLS YEAH! - Warrior, Guard(s), Herald, Scrapper, Reaper, TempestI enjoy "havocs, roaming, and some scouting TOO!' All of the AboveWhatever WvW job I can do to KILL THE ENEMY, I try to do it.

OP, thank you for sharing some new ways you've adapted to having Warclaw in WvW and continuing to KILLING the Mother-kitten ENEMY! o7

Right on! <o/

@duillyn.2697 said:I'm not sure anything the small-group wvw community can say to these people will change their mind, 6 years later and people still crying about gank existing.

If you are on a zerg build, and off tag for any reason, be it because you died, because you're slow, mispositioned in a fight, whatever, it doesn't matter, then it's go time for gank, and that's your fault. And for single people, again, map/immediate awareness, if you have poor awareness then that is a weakness in your playstyle, a much easier one to punish for gankers. The point, almost always a large responsibility for you being ganked is on you.

All that aside, these same people complaining have never been in a zerg that pin sniped or killed a smaller group knowing there was a more even fight available or spawn camped a weaker group etc? Why is it ok for zergs to do 'tOxIc' behaviour but when a smaller scale group does it it's gank? I mean, lul, my precious zerg.

Someone needs to say this a little louder for the people just being ignorant and not reading. All these people talking about being 1 shot and blah blah blah. Get good. It is a L2P issue. Deadeyes used to clap me. Now they're lucky if I don't hear them dodge even in stealth. Much less see that dodge.

The same could be said for the one that gets away too. I mean, we congratulate kill groups on their victories, regardless of how much they outnumber their opponent, but then we ridicule the runners. I think we need to give those guys more credit, because even if dying isn't painful, sometimes not dying is more challenging and a hell of alot more rewarding.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

The op is 100% describing ganking. 2v1 and 3v1 is what "kills" roaming, not warclaw as some like to parakeet.

Warkitty is promoting more "ganking"..What one player could do easily is now being done by several players in unison..

Warkitty has amplified what people hated most, in order to adapt to the new roaming we now have to take more cheese than ever.

It's really poetic, especially with people celebrating about not being ganked by roamers because they have no idea how roaming is evolving right now.It encourages everything that people hated, even spawn camping.

Not only that but some classes like Tempest have no place anymore until they allow the mount to be CC'd, so now theres more reasons to play thief or condi puke mes.

As to OP: Carry guild ballistas and a friend with stealth, set up a ballista on the fly and shoot people down with siege.Have also been spawn camping more and setting up traps..I have been tapping keeps endlessly to force people into a fight..One dude rolled me with a group, poor guy was mountless so I kept hunting him down on my mount till he logged off map..Im doing all of this now instead of roaming on Tempest fighting over sentries...

All thanks to Warkitty :heart:

Step 3

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:The same could be said for the one that gets away too. I mean, we congratulate kill groups on their victories, regardless of how much they outnumber their opponent, but then we ridicule the runners. I think we need to give those guys more credit, because even if dying isn't painful, sometimes not dying is more challenging and a hell of alot more rewarding.

Would agree with this.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount

Anti-ganker mount = warclawAnti-zerg mount = warclaw

If you are a zerg player and can escape high mobility players while mounted, a high mobility roaming player can escape a zerg while mounted.

I don't know why roamers don't get that, but I suspect they are purposefully ignoring it in order to try for 100% victimhood boon uptime.

@Justine.6351 said:

This.

While there are certainly some downsides from warclaw being implemented, there is and was a lot more good done for the game mode, and the reduction of ganking is definitely one of those things.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Funny thing is all these pro mount players constantly complains about roamers while describing ganking than in game are guilty of ganking on their mount which is far easier now. Sure few builds/classes were used more commonly for bursts on u suspecting players or to 3v1 but it is definitely easier now with mounts just that they don’t view it as ganking cuz

Their doing the gankingThey can now better avoid being gankedAll classes now can effectively do it

Only thing warclaw did is take away the one small niche certain classes were more effective at than others and are now not really worth using lolGood job arenanet

Correct. The Warclaw removed the advantage that certain 'niche classes' had, evening out the playfield for all players.

And being ambushed from seemingly nowhere by a Mesmer+shatter combo or Holo+blast of lights everywhere vs. Warclaw maul for 1450 damage + bleeds = totally the same thing, amirite?

The only way to 'gank' on a Warclaw is to turn 3 downed players into defeated players by pressing the 1 key, and that is something I've stated many times over should change.

If my squad sees 1-3 roamers ahead who aren't engaging, we don't chase, and continue onto our objective.If my squad sees 1-3 roamers trying to capture our objective, we will engage and chase them down.If my squad sees 1-3 roamers trying to capture a neutral objective, we engage. If they rabbit, we won't chase them down, but proceed to flip the objective.

I know that not all commanders/guilds are the same, but in all the well organized raids I've participated in, the above rules are followed. The greens who shadow the zerg, however, will do whatever they want to do while using the zerg for cover. If you want to hate on them, by all means do so.

But in my experience zerg players playing in a zerg aren't ganking anyone, simply because we don't care about you.

Even if you are scouting us, we are more likely to hasten our way to the chosen objective in order to flip it before reinforcements come. If you're picking away at our tail, the comment most likely to be seen is an admonition to stay on tag (and with mounts, nobody has an excuse). The people that are getting picked off are likely those who squirreled after something they shouldn't have, and depending on the comm, might just get kicked from the squad. I actually saw this the other day, a pugmander on comms was calling out positioning, putting down marks, etc, and people kept advancing ahead of his marks, giving away our position, or getting killed in a bomb. At one point, after calling out to not advance beyond his mark, he proceeded to eject 3 players from the squad who had not listened and were downed by enemy ranged pressure.

So yeah, high mobility roamers lost the advantage they had now that everyone has mounts. A skilled roamer can still easily 1v2 or 1v3 zerg players - the only thing that has changed is that roamers aren't the only ones allowed to decide if there is going to be a fight, because now both sides get a choice. Balanced.

Lol not in my server,zergers that have died are constantly ganking players during their return trip to the zergs and or roaming on them. Atleast before those niche builds/classes had weaknesses along side what made them good roamers,never mind thief did but gues if I’m honest soulbeast,mirage and holo didn’t lol nevertheless I feel like the risk of travel and engagements at any time are a very important dynamic to any open map pvp mode and mounts equate to to much safety while traveling

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount

Anti-ganker mount = warclawAnti-zerg mount = warclaw

If you are a zerg player and can escape high mobility players while mounted, a high mobility roaming player can escape a zerg while mounted.

I don't know why roamers don't get that, but I suspect they are purposefully ignoring it in order to try for 100% victimhood boon uptime.

And what about those situations where roamers aren't mounted, because we were you know, fighting?? I love that you didn't consider the situation in which the mount 100% helps the zerg win every time lol. I could barely get away on shortbow dash daredevil, every other spec on every other class is food.

I don't get why zergers don't get that your build is slow for a god damn reason, because its literally the only disadvantage to the meta builds once they group up into a ball. And even THEN, the meta builds are faster than they have ever been before, with support FBs and Scourges both having a form of teleport.

I don't get why zergers couldn't learn to stay on tag, nah instead everyone gets a motorcycle and fights are now considered 'toxic'.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:the only thing that has changed is that roamers aren't the only ones allowed to decide if there is going to be a fight, because now both sides get a choice. Balanced.

I thought you were agreeing to fight whenever you join a WvW map. I'd suggest staying in PVE if you don't want to fight other players, it's safer there.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Lol not in my server,zergers that have died are constantly ganking players during their return trip to the zergs and or roaming on them. Atleast before those niche builds/classes had weaknesses along side what made them good roamers,never mind thief did but gues if I’m honest soulbeast,mirage and holo didn’t lol nevertheless I feel like the risk of travel and engagements at any time are a very important dynamic to any open map pvp mode and mounts equate to to much safety while traveling

So you're telling me that Marauder Scourges, Zerk Heralds and Zerk Eles are 'ganking' Soulbeasts, Mirages, and Holos on their way back to tag?

If I, as a zerk Herald, using Hammer/Staff, tried to gank a Mirage or Holo, I suppose I could get lucky and burst them down, but if the fight were to last anything longer than a second, there is no way I can last against a skilled roamer. I'm just not built or geared for it, or frankly, practiced enough in 1v1 for it. If the issue is 3 zerg players ganked that Mirage, maybe that means solo roaming isn't viable any longer you should group up?

Also, how do you know they were running zerg builds and not roaming builds, and were just running with the zerg?

As someone who zergs exclusively (outside of doing dailies solo ofc), I can tell you that solo roamers are not my concern - the zerg is. My place is with them to help them fight against the other zerg, or break in / defend the objective. I'm not going to take the time to bother fighting some random player for a heavy loot bag, 2 badges and 5 charges of bloodlust. Even if I cared about KDR, 1 +/- makes no difference. Better I participate in a push with my squad that might lead to 15-50 +1s.

Not. Worth. My. Time.

Most serious WvW players would do the same, but of course everyone is free to do what they want.

In any case, I fail to understand the problem, since they are only doing what you were doing to them a week ago? They are still wearing the same gear and builds, only now they can open on you with a 1450 pt attack. So instead of you attacking them, they are attacking you? You telling me the only way you can win a 1v1 is if you get the drop on them?

I agree with what you are saying about the "risk", but that still remains: but only while in enemy territory. Maybe move your ambushes from outside of your enemy's spawn to back onto your territory, but on their path back to tag?

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:I don't get why zergers don't get that your build is slow for a god kitten reason, because its literally the only disadvantage to the meta builds once they group up into a ball. And even THEN, the meta builds are faster than they have ever been before, with support FBs and Scourges both having a form of teleport.

I don't get why zergers couldn't learn to stay on tag, nah instead everyone gets a motorcycle and fights are now considered 'toxic'.

And I don't get why roamers don't understand that when you previously fought a zerg player, you were at a significant advantage because your build was designed for 1v1, while the zerg player's was not? They were easy meat. I know, it's hard to conceive that maybe you're not as good at 1v1 as you think you are, solely because the people you were targeting weren't really an equal challenge to you in the first place.

Why don't you roamers go and fight other roamers? Apparently that's all you guys want, is 1v1, right? So a roamer wouldn't run away on a mount, they would charge at you ready for the fight. Oh, but that might actually be a challenge for you though, and you could lose....gotcha.

So u choose to single out scourges,firebrands etc to prove what? Lmao a lot more classes than that are found in zergs those are just the dominant ones. But it’s all a mix bag that jump on u well mounted and yeah a thief will get destroyed by a good Condi scourge,firebrand 2v1 let alone if a revs in mix since u like to pretend only Zerg dominant classes exist to try and prove ur ridiculous point lol

@Farout.8207 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:the only thing that has changed is that roamers aren't the only ones allowed to decide if there is going to be a fight, because now both sides get a choice. Balanced.

I thought you were agreeing to fight whenever you join a WvW map. I'd suggest staying in PVE if you don't want to fight other players, it's safer there.

The hypocrisy is so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

A high mobility profession with gear/build/upgrades designed for sustained 1vX, attacks a player geared for max DPS / min self sustain, but if the fight should somehow go the wrong way, they use that same mobility to rabbit off rather than stay and fight?

And you're going to lecture me on fighting other players?

Seems like many roamers define PvP as: to only fight players they have the advantage over, but avoid everyone else. Now that the advantage has been mitigated by everyone having a mount, all of a sudden roaming is dead....

Anyways, I'm done with this tomfoolery.

Please, if roamers are so unhappy with the mount and the game mode, please quit and move to sPvP. I doubt anyone else will notice.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

A high mobility profession with gear/build/upgrades designed for sustained 1vX, attacks a player geared for max DPS / min self sustain, but if the fight should somehow go the wrong way, they use that same mobility to rabbit off rather than stay and fight?

Seems like many roamers define PvP as: to only fight players they have the advantage over, but avoid everyone else. Now that the advantage has been mitigated by everyone having a mount, all of a sudden roaming is dead....

Please, if roamers are so unhappy with the mount and the game mode, please quit and move to sPvP. I doubt anyone else will notice.

You chose to play a class that has huge advantage in zerg then don't complaint about dying to class that excel at small scale when they catch you alone.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Highly mobile,zerker geared class meant to sustain 1vx? Doesn’t exist,stopped reading due to lack of game knowledge

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Why don't you roamers go and fight other roamers? Apparently that's all you guys want, is 1v1, right? So a roamer wouldn't run away on a mount, they would charge at you ready for the fight. Oh, but that might actually be a challenge for you though, and you could lose....gotcha.

Wrong, I don't want 1v1s, I want small scale fights where my input has meaning and I can't hide behind 20 people. I disrupt any dueling circle I can. inb4 'go to PvP' because its, like, totally the same thing /s.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:And I don't get why roamers don't understand that when you previously fought a zerg player, you were at a significant advantage because your build was designed for 1v1, while the zerg player's was not? They were easy meat. I know, it's hard to conceive that maybe you're not as good at 1v1 as you think you are, solely because the people you were targeting weren't really an equal challenge to you in the first place.

I do fight other roamers. You should try it in between K-training empty towers.

Maybe you should stay on tag better? Maybe you should try a non-zerg build? Its your fault you were caught in the open alone with a group build lmfao. Using this whole bull shit 'no fair u have 1v1 build' is just as stupid as a glass thief complaining his build is bad at zerging.

Archived