Have you farmed WvW for rewards this weekend?

@"Palador.2170" said:There's no "I might have, but was unable to play this weekend" option.

But if I had been able to, I would have gone after some dailies first, then maybe tried to cause a bit of harm/progress on my own.

I was thinking the same. I wanted to join in with the WvW event, but over the last week I've only had enough time in-game to collect the login reward and farm my home instance and I think I did one set of dailies. I might have some time this evening, but I'm not sure yet.

(This is not actually a bad thing - I've been busy with real life things which I wanted to do instead, including seeing a friend who normally lives thousands of miles away. It's just unfortunate that it's all happening at the same time as an in-game event.)

Although it's not a big deal for me because I do play WvW periodically anyway, the extra reward track progress would be nice because there's several I want to finish, but I'll get there eventually. And I just checked and the event runs until Tuesday, so I might be able to play it on Monday.

No. The addition of a mount to wvw means that the mode is less enjoyable for me and so I play less. Adding rewards while actively making the game mode less enjoyable will not get me to increase my play time. Oddly, I love the no down state element, but mounts. Less play time, less money spent.

@Ashen.2907 said:No. The addition of a mount to wvw means that the mode is less enjoyable for me and so I play less. Adding rewards while actively making the game mode less enjoyable will not get me to increase my play time. Oddly, I love the no down state element, but mounts. Less play time, less money spent.

Can you explain how?I see mounts as: less time travelling between points/objectives = more fun + more doing stuff

I did more WvW than usual, because of the exp and progress boost. It was a horrible experience, because my class mechanic (as ANet discribes it) was turned 100 % obsolete and two of my passives (minor traits that cannot be picked) support reviving downed players. For an elite-specialization that is a bad joke. Anyway, the maps were higher populated and had more organized groups. On the other hand, people were so highly aggressive, capturing points was often ignored in favor of continuing the onslaught.

Positive side-effect: I am done with my personal weekly goal of 152 Tickets already. Rest of the week I can focus on what I like about this game, PvE ^^. I do not hate WvW, but I still feel it to be more of a chore for me. Thinking about fun, this week was definitely the worst so far. I never died that often in such a short period of time.

I also have to admit that I learned a few new tricks about 1v1 against Thieves and Rangers. For warriors I noticed the best strategy is run on sight. Fighting them alone or with a zerg always leads to destruction and them running across the entire map = not worth the trouble. Trying to catch a running thief or ranger is difficult, but more possible than a running warrior ^^.

Could we have a no stealth week next?

Archived