Arc Divider: Reduced damage in PvP and WvW by 25%. The downfall of berserker!

Hitman.5829

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@melandru.3876 said:well if you go to his profile(hitman) he is apparantly banned nowa shame i/we will never get a proper response now :(

Well he had been antagonistic with people who disagree with him so /shrug. I may come off that way at times with how I write myself, but I do try to adhere to DBAD mentality. So, if you find yourself at odds with me ever try to remember that.

As to this topic. If you spec Def, Disc, Berserker without Bloody Roar, then yes expect Berserker to underperform on damage with how they redid Berserk mode. Its fine damage wise if you spec Bloody Roar and Strength 3-2-1 with your third spec depending on your personal playstyle and gear layout.

If you go Str, Def, Ber then Rousing Resilience pairs very well with Savage Instinct and Headbutt. I'm not sold on Eternal Champion with the current rework. If it were a flat 300 toughness regardless of being in Berserk Mode then I'd probably take it.

no matter how good you are, spellbreaker will allways triumph over berserker war vs war equall skill

berserker in the current state is only good versus complelty incompetent players that can't dodge the obvious, or have reaction times so slow that they will anticipate everything or not, or miles to late.

remove the 1 hit kill (burst) and berserker has nothing. berserker is dealt with the same as rampage, disable key-skills, or just wait out the timer.once timer is gone, berserker will lay down on the ground before the cooldown is up.

spellbreaker is the total-package of burst, mobility and sustainberserker is a glass cannon. and should be played as suchi did try a build like this
but in the end it just felt horrible, and easily outplayed

defense has no place in either berserker nor spellbreaker anymore

berserker
spellbreaker
core

these are the 3 type of warrior builds i fight the most

i guess it shows which one dies the easiest

well this build ->
would be easy to outplay.

The others are pretty solid. May I ask why no hammer for Spellbreaker? The AoE boonrip from Earthshaker is nice.

dagger has all the boonstrip a spellbreaker needs.out of all the warrior leaps dagger 2 and dagger burst are the most smooth to use and land.

hammer isn't all that useful when you are 1v1. attacks to slow and telegraphed.hammer however is king in smallscale or large scale, but then we are looking at a complete different build probably this one http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJASRnUJCF7ilhAu6CM7ilsADPD3hDxIDuCQAQpGU4iBA-jVyHQBfTXA8eAA/T537U/hhKBBwhAIc7PEgjAQ8uAAkBoYMA-w

for 1v1 or 1vsx dagger is miles ahead on hammer.

6CjwNw2.jpg

How is this balanced? I am a full berserker spec with 1200+ ferocity.The problem is that most classes have:

• protection (-33% damage)
  • food (-10% damage)
  • traits (-20+% damage)
  • weakness (-50% damage)
  • Superior Rune of the Scrapper (-7% damage)

All this while maintaining a high DPS build. Anet needs to start nerfing everyone not just the warrior.Just take a look at damage reduction wiki to see how many builds you can make and still maintain a high DPS build.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:@"Hitman.5829"

Welcome back to the Forums!

Would you mind posting your build from gw2skills to better inform this discussion?

I don't like sharing my builds because I put a lot of thought into them to max DPS and damage by doing math calculations.lets just put it this way:

• I have legendary gear with berserker stats + mighty infusions
  • I have infused ascended back piece, infused rings with 3 slots, amulets. All of the with mighty infusions
  • "extra secret stuff" and choice of traits, sigils, runes and food.

When you are a full berserker and your arc divider is hitting for 740 on non critical hits, then you know that anet really messed up the berserker by nerfing 25%

@Hitman.5829 said:

Would you mind posting your build from gw2skills to better inform this discussion?

I don't like sharing my builds because I put a lot of thought into them to max DPS and damage by doing math calculations.lets just put it this way:
  • I have infused ascended back piece, infused rings with 3 slots, amulets. All of the with mighty infusions

When you are a full berserker and your arc divider is hitting for 740 on non critical hits, then you know that anet really messed up the berserker by nerfing 25%

well, without 25% nerf, it hits 1k, nice

@Hitman.5829 said:

Well, I run full zerk stats without any stat infusions, force + accuracy sigils, Strength 221, Arms 221, and Berserker 311 and I do triple what you are doing, hence why I asked about your build. My non crits are for like 2k-2.5k when I take off burst precision.

I did have scholar runes, but got bored and put in speed runes. Probably going to spend more gold on other runes tonight.

Can I assume you are running Def and Disc?

Well, I run full zerk stats without any stat infusions, force + accuracy sigils, Strength 221, Arms 221, and Berserker 311 and I do triple what you are doing, hence why I asked about your build. My non crits are for like 2k-2.5k when I take off burst precision.

I did have scholar runes, but got bored and put in speed runes. Probably going to spend more gold on other runes tonight.

Can I assume you are running Def and Disc?

My critical hits are high, I hit in the range of 13k.A typical build that does not sacrifice damage for survavility involves protection (-33%), weakness (-50%), food (-10%), traits (-10%), frost aura (-10%), rune of the scraper (-7%)

The damage modifier is calculated like this:(1 - 0.33)(1 - 0.50)(1 - 0.10)(1 - 0.10)(1 - 0.10)(1 - 0.07) - 1 = -0.7728

Which a damage reduction of -77.28%.If the player decides to just use protection (-33%) + food(-10%), then he gets a damage reduction of -40%If the player decides to use protection (-33%) + food (-10%) + weakness (-50%), then he gets a damage reduction of -70%

This is why arc divider is hitting so low, because on top of the -70% damage reduction that a player can get, we got a -25% damage reduction nerf.In the wiki page, it states that "Damage reduction stacks very inconsistently, some modifiers stacking additively (reaching very high reduction) while others stack multiplicatively"

Everyone take note of this and start using damage reduction as it appears anet developers do not know how to balance a game and damage reduction is broken. I am going to start using them myself.

The wiki says the modifiers stack additively that means that 33% + 50% = 83% damage reduction. However, the wiki does not state which modifiers stack additively so use them ALL.

So you are complaining about Arc Divider's damage, yet you admit you crit for 13k? Lol. Yes, damage reduction is powercrept, as is damage. There is an overabundance of outgoing damage modifiers as well, so I don't really see the point of your argument. Also including Scrapper Runes being run on "most classes"....what even? It sounds like anything that works against your favor is inherently imbalanced in your eyes. What were you fighting anyway, some bunker Minstrel Scrapper? If your argument is that damage reduction is powercrept, change your title. Otherwise it is hard to take you seriously. You are trying to take one thing and spin it as a way of asking for a buff to something completely unrelated.

@"Hitman.5829" said:6CjwNw2.jpg

How is this balanced? I am a full berserker spec with 1200+ ferocity.The problem is that most classes have:

• food (-10% damage)
  • traits (-20+% damage)
  • weakness (-50% damage)

All this while maintaining a high DPS build. Anet needs to start nerfing everyone not just the warrior.Just take a look at damage reduction wiki to see how many builds you can make and still maintain a high DPS build.

You hit someone for 8164 damage in one skill. That is 50% of the Medium HP pool, and 75% of the Low HP pool. Combined in a combo with things like Bull's Charge, you're looking at a clean kill.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:So you are complaining about Arc Divider's damage, yet you admit you crit for 13k? Lol. Yes, damage reduction is powercrept, as is damage. There is an overabundance of outgoing damage modifiers as well, so I don't really see the point of your argument. Also including Scrapper Runes being run on "most classes"....what even? It sounds like anything that works against your favor is inherently imbalanced in your eyes. What were you fighting anyway, some bunker Minstrel Scrapper? If your argument is that damage reduction is powercrept, change your title. Otherwise it is hard to take you seriously. You are trying to take one thing and spin it as a way of asking for a buff to something completely unrelated.

Agreed with this, the thread title suggests complaints about ADiv not having enough dmg and then all he writes in the subsequential posts are complaints about possible damage mitigation builds in the WvW.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:@Hitman.5829

lmao, he's banned again? I guess someone's having hard time handling people disagreeing with him? :lol:

• Confused 1

You can't post a picture of combat log without context and claim it does low damage.As you exactly said, there are a lot of factors: stacking defense and stacking debuffs.If your arc divider hit a high toughness enemy with protection while you had weakness, your numbers are perfectly normal.

You just can't ask for more damage because your target will stack defenses...

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
6CjwNw2.jpg

• food (-10% damage)
  • traits (-20+% damage)
  • weakness (-50% damage)

All this while maintaining a high DPS build. Anet needs to start nerfing everyone not just the warrior.Just take a look at
to see how many builds you can make and still maintain a high DPS build.

You hit someone for 8164 damage in one skill. That is 50% of the Medium HP pool, and 75% of the Low HP pool. Combined in a combo with things like Bull's Charge, you're looking at a clean kill.

Even hitting with the strike from entering Berserk Mode would clean up a Low HP pool. Following up with WWA cleans up a Medium HP pool.

@Sobx.1758 said:lmao, he's banned again? I guess someone's having hard time handling people disagreeing with him? :lol:

So soon too... What is he saying on other forum posts?! Or did his previous ban bug out and Anet caught it?

Moral of the story. Use your cleanse/resistance. Berserk Mode next to target while popping Signet of Might. Arc Divider. Claim your bags.

There is no excuse for letting weakness, blind, or blocks hinder your burst.

@Obtena.7952 said:If anything, Arc Divider still does too much DPS and as long as it does, it will be the crutch that enables Berserker mode to hobble along.

Well it still requires set up, and warrior does deserve nice things. I guess that's why Gunflame hasn't seen anymore nerfs. Even if AD is nerfed again, its not like you hit like a weakling in Berserk Mode though right? You should still be able to down people with weapon skills.

It's true that nerfing AD will not induce a round of berserker rethinks, but I'm certain that a round of berserker rethinks won't happen without a AD nerf.

I guess if Anet is happy with the simple approach the berserker spec provides, it's what will we must settle with. I'm certainly not of the opinion that AD is weak, that's for sure.

@Obtena.7952 said:It's true that nerfing AD will not induce a round of berserker rethinks, but I'm certain that a round of berserker rethinks won't happen without a AD nerf.

I guess if Anet is happy with the simple approach the berserker spec provides, it's what will we must settle with. I'm certainly not of the opinion that AD is weak, that's for sure.

A lot has been said on these forums with how we'd like it to work. I do not thing another AD nerf would be needed if they rethink Berserk Mode and related traits. Honestly, as I've said before several traits just need an element (lesser benefit) to them that kicks in when you are no longer in BMode, and then it'd be fine.

Interesting, I was hit for 8k-10k on each spin last night as a marauder necro. Dodged 2, had to eat the other 4 due to warrior being immune to all CC, meaning I cant control them. Seems like if anything your damage needs to be nerfed even more if you continue to be high mobile & cc immune with decent stuns and large gap closers. Thats just me, seems more balanced.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Interesting, I was hit for 8k-10k on each spin last night as a marauder necro. Dodged 2, had to eat the other 4 due to warrior being immune to all CC, meaning I cant control them. Seems like if anything your damage needs to be nerfed even more if you continue to be high mobile & cc immune with decent stuns and large gap closers. Thats just me, seems more balanced.

I killed a few necros last night in WvW. What server are you on/paired with?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Interesting, I was hit for 8k-10k on each spin last night as a marauder necro. Dodged 2, had to eat the other 4 due to warrior being immune to all CC, meaning I cant control them. Seems like if anything your damage needs to be nerfed even more if you continue to be high mobile & cc immune with decent stuns and large gap closers. Thats just me, seems more balanced.

I killed a few necros last night in WvW. What server are you on/paired with?

Maguuma I think. On CD.