Skyscale skins PLEASE!

I really hope there's a Wyvern skin coming out for it, with some nice particle effect.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It would have been only a week ago tonight that the first group of people got theirs. There’s likely a patch tomorrow which may add a new premium skin.

Nothing was data-mined mountfit-wise, so doubt we'll see them in the Gemstore tomorrow.There could very well be skins added to API tomorrow for future release.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I really hope there's a Wyvern skin coming out for it, with some nice particle effect.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It would have been only a week ago tonight that the first group of people got theirs. There’s likely a patch tomorrow which
may
add a new premium skin.

Nothing was data-mined mountfit-wise, so doubt we'll see them in the Gemstore tomorrow.There could very well be skins added to API tomorrow for future release.

I said that the patch tomorrow may add them.

If I remember correctly skins have always come out at least a few weeks after the mount was released. I don't know if that's just because they want to give everyone some time with the base skin first or if it's because the artists don't start working on new skins until it's released but I can't remember any of the mounts having new skins available within a week.

But I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the skyscale. I don't have it unlocked yet (mine just hatched this morning and she's still far too small to ride) but I'll definitely be looking to buy at least two skins - one normal one with 4 dye channels and one more unusual...not sure what exactly, I'll have to wait and see what they come up with. Although a branded skin would be amazing to match my other mounts.

I just hope it's not a 5-pack like the warclaw. I'm not opposed to buying those but I only count the skins I like and will use when working out if it's worth getting, and I won't pay more than 800 gems for a skin, so 5 skins for one mount is a hard sell for me because I have to like at least 3 of them.

@wrathmagik.3518 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:I wouldn't be surprised if they took their time fixing Skyscale collection and functionalities first before going for skins.

This actually legit made me laugh lol. You have no clue how anet operates XD

On the contrary, I know very well how they operate. They already announced one fix on Skyscale collection (albeit a small one) so I dunno what you're on about.

I feel so committed to skyscale after I finish it's collection but visually i would rather it be a Griffin because of functionality. I use Griffin more for travel but it's not visually satisfying.

Make a Griffin skin for skyscale and a skyscale skin for Griffin and I swear to you anet...i swear to grenth you'll make bank. You will have my money in a flash

Still don't have any skins for other mounts, but Skyscale is first mount i actually want a skin for. Nothing sparkly but different shape, patterns, dyes would be cool.

And according to gw2efficiency only 6,778 of 186,285 (3.639%) unlocked Skyscale so far... So not many potential buyers right now.

@Irreverent.3594 said:And according to gw2efficiency only 6,778 of 186,285 (3.639%) unlocked Skyscale so far... So not many potential buyers right now.

Really, that's all? They seem to be all over the place, hard to believe there aren't more.

Love the SS, but it's definitely time to pretty it up. There are only so many times I can one-color it between my 20 alts and not get tired of the look. And let me add my voice to the chorus of those who want a Skyscale who does not look quite so much so much like she flew face-first into a concrete wall.

Personally, I would prefer a nice 5-pack this time to a single premium skin I may or may not like.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Really, that's all? They seem to be all over the place, hard to believe there aren't more.I know, right? These last few days there are at least 5 flapping their huge wings at Tequila Tequatl.Even second day when i got mine there was only bit over 500 unlocks and i met other owners all over the maps...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:That said, if they do release skins, I want to see them bring the Branded Skyscale concept they had into the game.

I just want a decent dragon skin (with a head that doesn't look like out of a low budget horror movie ;) ). Something less bulky would be sweet.

This is one of the earlier concepts they had for it, not sure it suits what you like but your statement reminded me of this.BZIWGZd.png?1

@"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:This is one of the earlier concepts they had for it, not sure it suits what you like but your statement reminded me of this.

It seems to need a dentist badly. ;) Jokes aside, my main issue with the current default skin indeed are the teeth, but certainly not the only thing I dislike about the model.

I was thinking more along the lines of classic dragon:R907SD2.jpg

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:This is one of the earlier concepts they had for it, not sure it suits what you like but your statement reminded me of this.

It seems to need a dentist badly. ;) Jokes aside, my main issue with the current default skin indeed are the teeth, but certainly not the only thing I dislike about the model.

I was thinking more along the lines of classic dragon:

Ah I gets ya. Also yeah a lot of their concept for skyscale mostly had the teeth like that. There was an earlier concept that didn't have the teeth out but still had the weird face.

Archived