Soulbeast is not an issue. "Sic 'Em!" is.

Shroud.2307

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The fix to Sic'em is to reduce the increased damage by half for the merged Soulbeast. They did this with the attack of opportunity from Maul, so there is justification for it.

)

That might make sense but then sicem would be largely useless for any build that isn't a onetrick pony/ tower pewpew..

A +20% damage unblockable modifier is hardly useless. Signet of Might is less of a damage boost and it wrecks Guardians who think they are safe.

but more because it applies unblockable, not because of the might. sicem has no inherrent unblockable.

You are correct. Unstoppable Union or signet of the hunt however are generally used with sicem for the unblockable. I was conflating the two in my head, I blame work fatigue.

that is correct therfor slot the signet instead of a 20% sic em.

You would be better off with another stunbreaker with extra utility like PM, LR or QZ. without sicem unblockable isn't good enough dmg for a 40s CD utility slot at ALL.

thats another point. but i would still rather take an unblockable over a 20% dmg buff.

If those are your only options, yea. But removing unstoppable union is a bad idea. Would be ok with reduction in duration. But that isn't the problem. Sicem is what people want nerfed. I don't want that, but based on how many people are crying about it in forums it's going to be inevitable.

All I want to happen is the right kind of nerf. Like I said in this thread just Second ago, they should just make sicem dmg buff be HIT based (3 or 4 hits have 40% dmg buff) instead of duration based.

That way you are better off using it in melee and that means there's more risk involved for the ranger as they get their sustain and defense mainly from kiting and stealth.

This means the ppl who QQ about slb being too easy are happy cus they won't get pewpewd to death, and good rangers will still be viable in pvp without having the crazy dmg for a long duration.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The fix to Sic'em is to reduce the increased damage by half for the merged Soulbeast. They did this with the attack of opportunity from Maul, so there is justification for it.

)

That might make sense but then sicem would be largely useless for any build that isn't a onetrick pony/ tower pewpew..

A +20% damage unblockable modifier is hardly useless. Signet of Might is less of a damage boost and it wrecks Guardians who think they are safe.

but more because it applies unblockable, not because of the might. sicem has no inherrent unblockable.

You are correct. Unstoppable Union or signet of the hunt however are generally used with sicem for the unblockable. I was conflating the two in my head, I blame work fatigue.

You would be better off with another stunbreaker with extra utility like PM, LR or QZ. without sicem unblockable isn't good enough dmg for a 40s CD utility slot at ALL.

thats another point. but i would still rather take an unblockable over a 20% dmg buff.

Use Unstoppable Union instead of the utility slot. We're talking about Sic'em, not BoonBeast.

@MUDse.7623 said:

)

Use Unstoppable Union then and slot a different utility. We're talking about sicem, not BoonBeast.

@bigo.9037 said:

)

If those are your only options, yea. But removing unstoppable union is a bad idea. Would be ok with reduction in duration. But that isn't the problem. Sicem is what people want nerfed. I don't want that, but based on how many people are crying about it in forums it's going to be inevitable.

All I want to happen is the right kind of nerf. Like I said in this thread just Second ago, they should just make sicem dmg buff be HIT based (3 or 4 hits have 40% dmg buff) instead of duration based.

That way you are better off using it in melee and that means there's more risk involved for the ranger as they get their sustain and defense mainly from kiting and stealth.

This means the ppl who QQ about slb being too easy are happy cus they won't get pewpewd to death, and good rangers will still be viable in pvp without having the crazy dmg for a long duration.

20% increased damage instead of 40% is a completely reasonable nerf given how the skill is used with longbow. The damage will still be high, you'll just have to use another skill or two to mop up. Berserker's are still doing fine after the 25% nerf to Arc Divider, you'll be able to live with it as well.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

)

Use Unstoppable Union instead of the utility slot. We're talking about Sic'em, not BoonBeast.

sure i can do that. but that still wouldnt make me run a sic em for 20%.one could change the way the damage works tho for example base +20% and rips 2 boons with a high priority on protection. then you will do less damage against squishies but more against defesive ones.

)

Use Unstoppable Union then and slot a different utility. We're talking about sicem, not BoonBeast.

)

20% increased damage instead of 40% is a completely reasonable nerf given how the skill is used with longbow. The damage will still be high, you'll just have to use another skill or two to mop up. Berserker's are still doing fine after the 25% nerf to Arc Divider, you'll be able to live with it as well.

Don't you understand? What people dislike about ranger IS the longbow burst. THAT'S why they should limit it to 3/4 hits and remove the duration.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:And Sicem on GS or Axe doesn't waste people? It's Sicem that is the problem on soulbeast.

Yes that's why I suggest to nerf it in a decent way instead of making the skill useless. 3 or 4 hits would be acceptable. If you also add a cast time so people can dodge sicem and can't be cast while using other skills then there's no problem with it anymore.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:And Sicem on GS or Axe doesn't waste people? It's Sicem that is the problem on soulbeast.

So what are the problems on all the other professions that don’t have Sic ‘Em?

@Swagger.1459 said:@"SpellOfIniquity.1780"

So let’s figure out what to nerf on every profession too! Because “balance” right?

Nerf thief!

Nerf guardian!

Nerf revenant!

Nerf elementalist!

Nerf mesmer!

Nerf necromancer!

Nerf warrior!

Nerf engineer!

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Let's just be honest here. Like Thief, everybody just wants Rangers to be deleted from the game. Ranger has never really had a solid place in WvW. Whenever it starts to get some kind of toe-hold, everybody cries for nerfs. People just plain hate Rangers. At this point we should just all call for Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists to be the only classes that should play WvW. Warriors for their meat-shield, Elementalists for their DPS, and Guardians for their Heals. That's what everybody really wants. That "Holy Trinity" that makes all MMOs so wonderful to play. Anything else is just too....................weird.

its more like rangers trying their hardest to convince ppl that their obviously op builds aren't bad for the game, and that we should look the other way since this class is a special victim with special privileges.

More like people who aren't as good as they think they are keep getting ganked by rangers so they take to the forums crying their eyes out, asking big daddy Anet to tip the scales back in their favor so they can feel good about themselves again.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Let's just be honest here. Like Thief, everybody just wants Rangers to be deleted from the game. Ranger has never really had a solid place in WvW. Whenever it starts to get some kind of toe-hold, everybody cries for nerfs. People just plain hate Rangers. At this point we should just all call for Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists to be the only classes that should play WvW. Warriors for their meat-shield, Elementalists for their DPS, and Guardians for their Heals. That's what everybody really wants. That "Holy Trinity" that makes all MMOs so wonderful to play. Anything else is just too....................weird.

its more like rangers trying their hardest to convince ppl that their obviously op builds aren't bad for the game, and that we should look the other way since this class is a special victim with special privileges.

More like people who aren't as good as they think they are keep getting ganked by rangers so they take to the forums crying their eyes out, asking big daddy Anet to tip the scales back in their favor so they can feel good about themselves again.

Like the people who whined about Arc Divider?

@Swagger.1459

And do any of those specs have an instant cast +40% damage modifier on their bars? No? Mkay then. Bring Sic'em in line with other player accessible damage modifiers, +20% increase for the merged Soulbeast or +40% for the unmerged pet.

@Substance E.4852 said:

Funny thing is bet u had a different opinion about thieves and mesmers when they were on chopping block. Oh how people perspective changes when it's their prefered class in question lmao.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:

Yet no serious WvW groups want rangers.. sic em or not... The same as its been for the last 7 years.

Really makes you think.

Really makes you think that ANET, really should nerf ranger even more. Ranger is truly special! No other profession has been discriminated so much from the WvW scene like the ranger. A single OP build that no one wants in their squad, because people know that if they take rangers in their squads they will be unbeatable thus this removes the reason of playing this game. Ranger is so OP that the reasonable commanders are not taking any of them just to keep the game interesting. Just try it - make one squad with rangers as main dps and spread the squad in 3 - 1 to defend your keep and the other 2 to take the enemy keep. 5 rangers are enough! They are so OP that you can upg all keeps in EBG to T3 in pick times. If the enemy commanders use firebrands + scourges instead of rangers, they are doomed. Rangers need only to press sic 'em and rapid fire and they literally kill 2 squads, IN LESS THAN a SEC, FROM 2100 RANGE, FROM STEALTH. This is what you can expect from rangers in WvW.

Rangers dont add any aoe spam or much support to the squad but can be backline dps on single target opponent that arnt spamming reflects. The issue lies outside of zergs. Atleast in my server slb is the most common roamer class due to it's high mobility and ease at which it can down most players by combining unstoppable union,sic em and rapid fire,even when mounted in some cases. The spec isn't op but that specific burst and at that range is and needs addressed.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Rangers dont add any aoe spam or much support to the squad but can be backline dps on single target opponent that arnt spamming reflects. The issue lies outside of zergs. Atleast in my server slb is the most common roamer class due to it's high mobility and ease at which it can down most players by combining unstoppable union,sic em and rapid fire,even when mounted in some cases. The spec isn't op but that specific burst and at that range is and needs addressed.

Yes, lets nerf the burst and completely delete the single presence a ranger have in WvW. After the gliders and the mounts, roaming hasn't been more alive! Everyone are roaming these days! WvW squad fights? No thanks - I am moving with the trend, its 2019 - everyone roam!

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Rangers dont add any aoe spam or much support to the squad but can be backline dps on single target opponent that arnt spamming reflects. The issue lies outside of zergs. Atleast in my server slb is the most common roamer class due to it's high mobility and ease at which it can down most players by combining unstoppable union,sic em and rapid fire,even when mounted in some cases. The spec isn't op but that specific burst and at that range is and needs addressed.

Yes, lets nerf the burst and completely delete the single presence a ranger have in WvW. After the gliders and the mounts, roaming hasn't been more alive! Everyone are roaming these days! WvW squad fights? No thanks - I am moving with the trend, its 2019 - everyone roam!

Yeah cuz u either have to have a broken OP burst or non at all, makes sense. ur presence and ur burst would be fine and be far more in line with other classes if sic em was reduced to 15 or 20 % especially given it can easily be made unblockable and further increased with owp all at a range outside of other classes. U guys act like slb doesnt or cant be almost as versitile as holo. Slb can be good or great at most things and can be built in more ways than alot of specs. Ur fault u build strait dps when slb can have good dps and sustain. U guys act like if ur OP burst is lowered that slb provides little else,its a joke.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Yeah cuz u either have to have a broken OP burst or non at all, makes sense. ur presence and ur burst would be fine and be far more in line with other classes if sic em was reduced to 15 or 20 % especially given it can easily be made unblockable and further increased with owp all at a range outside of other classes. U guys act like slb doesnt or cant be almost as versitile as holo. Slb can be good or great at most things and can be built in more ways than alot of specs. Ur fault u build strait dps when slb can have good dps and sustain. U guys act like if ur OP burst is lowered that slb provides little else,its a joke.

Lol. If not for the burst ranger has they are basically useless outside of solo roaming or duo roaming. 3v3 and ranger is worse than holo, mes, warrior, rev and probably guardian too. They can't fight in groups at all cus they are too squishy and rely on stealth for sustain.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Lol. If not for the burst ranger has they are basically useless outside of solo roaming or duo roaming. 3v3 and ranger is worse than holo, mes, warrior, rev and probably guardian too. They can't fight in groups at all cus they are too squishy and rely on stealth for sustain.I play slb often in wvw and rarely use sic em and fair fine in 1v1 and small group battles. Qz and either owp or sotp are fine for bursts. I down plenty of players from range as well as in melee. Both gs and axe are great wrapons. Theres alot more to soul than the sic em burst. If u need sic em to do well that's a l2p issue.Slb burst potential would still be more than fine if sic em was reduced to 20% damage increase and with reveal would still be a viable and useful skill on rangers utility bar when building for burst dps. It would be far from useless especially given the burst is at such a range.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Lol. If not for the burst ranger has they are basically useless outside of solo roaming or duo roaming. 3v3 and ranger is worse than holo, mes, warrior, rev and probably guardian too. They can't fight in groups at all cus they are too squishy and rely on stealth for sustain.I play slb often in wvw and rarely use sic em and fair fine in 1v1 and small group battles. Qz and either owp or sotp are fine for bursts. I down plenty of players from range as well as in melee. Both gs and axe are great wrapons. Theres alot more to soul than the sic em burst. If u need sic em to do well that's a l2p issue.

I play well without it too. But if you are in a 3v3 as ranger without sicem you're basically gonna be useless. You have little dmg to offer, no support. You need to kite 80% of the time cus you are too squishy to stay in melee. Without sicem even if your RF lands it will do basically nothing to down 1 of the enemies unless your team is already stronger than theirs, in which case it's a 2v3 getting some 1+ help.

Funny how people suddenly all think anet should balance wvw around 1v1 scenarios when they've all been saying they shouldn't.. until everyone started QQing about ranger...

For the record, as ranger main since 2013 I have to say it's a L2p issue for ppl qqing. I also have to deal with other sicem rangers but somehow i win 90% of the time.. could it be possible that the combo isn't as strong as people think?

Little to no dps without sic em? U get bonus dps from passive pet stats on merge,dps from oppressive superiorority, dps increase with two handed training,dps increase with qz and owp or sotp. That's alot of extra dps right there but u can get even more in MM or choose the synergy with ws and second skin to have better sustain with still great dps. Oh and forgot mauls effect on next attack lol the class is loaded and does not need a 40% dps boost on top,its crazy. At 20% sic em would still be enough for dps builds to want to use but not broken like it is now. Bevthankfull all rangers dps modifiers are tied to a criteria that has to be met like using all ur dodges or opponent having to be above or below a certain hp level to gain the bonus dps etc that most classes have to deal with.

And do any of those specs have an instant cast +40% damage modifier on their bars? No? Mkay then. Bring Sic'em in line with other player accessible damage modifiers, +20% increase for the merged Soulbeast or +40% for the unmerged pet.

You’re not making any sense really... Why reduce Sic ‘Em when every other professions can 1 shot and multi-burst too? Or are we just upset at the Ranger design and blaming others for losing to a Ranger?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Little to no dps without sic em? U get bonus dps from passive pet stats on merge,dps from oppressive superiorority, dps increase with two handed training,dps increase with qz and owp or sotp. That's alot of extra dps right there but u can get even more in MM or choose the synergy with ws and second skin to have better sustain with still great dps. Oh and forgot mauls effect on next attack lol the class is loaded and does not need a 40% dps boost on top,its crazy. At 20% sic em would still be enough for dps builds to want to use but not broken like it is now. Bevthankfull all rangers dps modifiers are tied to a criteria that has to be met like using all ur dodges or opponent having to be above or below a certain hp level to gain the bonus dps etc that most classes have to deal with.

You get the stats to make up for the fact that your bad ai pet is gone. Other classes have quickness too... Nerf that as well? Cmon.

@Swagger.1459 said:

You’re not making any sense really... Why reduce Sic ‘Em when every other professions can 1 shot and multi-burst too? Or are we just upset at the Ranger design and blaming others for losing to a Ranger?

What part is not making sense to you? This is about one class having several damage modifiers far in excess of +20% that other classes do not have. Do you really think Soulbeasts would be unable to one shot glass builds afterwards like other classes, or do you think so lowly of rangers in general?

@bigo.9037 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Little to no dps without sic em? U get bonus dps from passive pet stats on merge,dps from oppressive superiorority, dps increase with two handed training,dps increase with qz and owp or sotp. That's alot of extra dps right there but u can get even more in MM or choose the synergy with ws and second skin to have better sustain with still great dps. Oh and forgot mauls effect on next attack lol the class is loaded and does not need a 40% dps boost on top,its crazy. At 20% sic em would still be enough for dps builds to want to use but not broken like it is now. Bevthankfull all rangers dps modifiers are tied to a criteria that has to be met like using all ur dodges or opponent having to be above or below a certain hp level to gain the bonus dps etc that most classes have to deal with.

You get the stats to make up for the fact that your bad ai pet is gone. Other classes have quickness too... Nerf that as well? Cmon.

Lol wut? So because ur pet is gone no amount of dps boost is op? I get that u get boost to compensate but theres a limit to that like every compensation. Also the pet provides more bonus then negatives when active and buffs u when merged to compensate. Ranger had plenty of dps modifiers on top of the merged stat gain that more than compensates and brings its dps in line without needing a +40% damage boost. Like I said 20% would be fine. Also not sure what other classes having quickness to has anything to do with the sic em utility? Are u saying part of the reason sic em modifier is fine is because other classes can get quickness? The pet is fine and 40% on pet is fine,always has been. It's only been a problem once the player gained it after merge. Pets definitely dont need nerfs and actually when used with druid should be buffed as the last pet dps nerf on druid was as usual confusing and opposite of what druid needed.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol wut? So because ur pet is gone no amount of dps boost is op? I get that u get boost to compensate but theres a limit to that like every compensation. Also the pet provides more bonus then negatives when active and buffs u when merged to compensate. Ranger had plenty of dps modifiers on top of the merged stat gain that more than compensates and brings its dps in line without needing a +40% damage boost. Like I said 20% would be fine. Also not sure what other classes having quickness to has anything to do with the sic em utility? Are u saying part of the reason sic em modifier is fine is because other classes can get quickness?

No but you mention things like QZ for dps increase. What does that have to do with anything? Most roamer/pvp builds have some access to quickness.

Also again, why is everyone now saying that ranger, which is basically useless in any fight that is bigger than 3v3, needs a nerf? Suddenly everyone care about 1v1 balance. Heres a a CRAZY IDEA!:protection boons decrease dmg taken by 33%!! Wow. That's only 7% off of sicem dmg. Now you add a dodge here or there.. and maybe some toughness. TADAA, now you have much better sustain than the sicem ranger and you also won't get 1shot.

Again, please remind me why we are QQing about a spec that can do NOTHING except roam in small groups?

What part is not making sense to you? This is about one class having several damage modifiers far in excess of +20% that other classes do not have. Do you really think Soulbeasts would be unable to one shot glass builds afterwards like other classes, or do you think so lowly of rangers in general?

Ok, so you nerf Sic ‘Em... And every profession can still 1 shot anyway... Just like my full Trailblazer Necro got hit for 24,999 damage from a Mesmer coming out of stealth...

So where do we go now? Is the nerf so players can stop the Ranger QQ?