Soulbeast is not an issue. "Sic 'Em!" is.

Shroud.2307

@bigo.9037 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Little to no dps without sic em? U get bonus dps from passive pet stats on merge,dps from oppressive superiorority, dps increase with two handed training,dps increase with qz and owp or sotp. That's alot of extra dps right there but u can get even more in MM or choose the synergy with ws and second skin to have better sustain with still great dps. Oh and forgot mauls effect on next attack lol the class is loaded and does not need a 40% dps boost on top,its crazy. At 20% sic em would still be enough for dps builds to want to use but not broken like it is now. Bevthankfull all rangers dps modifiers are tied to a criteria that has to be met like using all ur dodges or opponent having to be above or below a certain hp level to gain the bonus dps etc that most classes have to deal with.

You get the stats to make up for the fact that your bad ai pet is gone. Other classes have quickness too... Nerf that as well? Cmon.

Lol wut? So because ur pet is gone no amount of dps boost is op? I get that u get boost to compensate but theres a limit to that like every compensation. Also the pet provides more bonus then negatives when active and buffs u when merged to compensate. Ranger had plenty of dps modifiers on top of the merged stat gain that more than compensates and brings its dps in line without needing a +40% damage boost. Like I said 20% would be fine. Also not sure what other classes having quickness to has anything to do with the sic em utility? Are u saying part of the reason sic em modifier is fine is because other classes can get quickness?

No but you mention things like QZ for dps increase. What does that have to do with anything? Most roamer/pvp builds have some access to quickness.

Also again, why is everyone now saying that ranger, which is basically useless in any fight that is bigger than 3v3, needs a nerf? Suddenly everyone care about 1v1 balance. Heres a a CRAZY IDEA!:protection boons decrease dmg taken by 33%!! Wow. That's only 7% off of sicem dmg. Now you add a dodge here or there.. and maybe some toughness. TADAA, now you have much better sustain than the sicem ranger and you also won't get 1shot.

Again, please remind me why we are QQing about a spec that can do NOTHING except roam in small groups?

Please tell me u kno that qz is a dps increase,a solid one at that due to the increased number of attacks being done in the time frame of the allotted by the qz skill. It may not be a strait dps modifier but it definitely increase dps to to attack speed. That's why I mentioned it as its main end function is to increase dps just as is sic em just through a different way. It's a example of how slb had many Avenue's to increase its burst,not to mention more quickness on pet swap when in combat ontop of pet merge stat increase,superiority,two hand training,sic em at 20%,owl and lotp would be and is more than enough dps modifiers for a spec. Slb does not need a strait 40% on top and lowering to 20 would still have slb burst being very powerful just not broken.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Sic'em is overtuned, much like Arc Divider was after the Berserker rework. But let me ask you this then, if sic'em is cut down to +20% while merged, and you still get your 1-shot kills, but the ranger QQ hate dies down would you not be happy? Because if you can still do your meme and the QQ hate gets redirected to Power Mirages or Power Revs would that not be a better place since the Anet's attention will be elsewhere?

If not then can I get that Arc Divider nerf undone since power creep anywhere is supposedly fine then.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Little to no dps without sic em? U get bonus dps from passive pet stats on merge,dps from oppressive superiorority, dps increase with two handed training,dps increase with qz and owp or sotp. That's alot of extra dps right there but u can get even more in MM or choose the synergy with ws and second skin to have better sustain with still great dps. Oh and forgot mauls effect on next attack lol the class is loaded and does not need a 40% dps boost on top,its crazy. At 20% sic em would still be enough for dps builds to want to use but not broken like it is now. Bevthankfull all rangers dps modifiers are tied to a criteria that has to be met like using all ur dodges or opponent having to be above or below a certain hp level to gain the bonus dps etc that most classes have to deal with.

You get the stats to make up for the fact that your bad ai pet is gone. Other classes have quickness too... Nerf that as well? Cmon.

Lol wut? So because ur pet is gone no amount of dps boost is op? I get that u get boost to compensate but theres a limit to that like every compensation. Also the pet provides more bonus then negatives when active and buffs u when merged to compensate. Ranger had plenty of dps modifiers on top of the merged stat gain that more than compensates and brings its dps in line without needing a +40% damage boost. Like I said 20% would be fine. Also not sure what other classes having quickness to has anything to do with the sic em utility? Are u saying part of the reason sic em modifier is fine is because other classes can get quickness?

No but you mention things like QZ for dps increase. What does that have to do with anything? Most roamer/pvp builds have some access to quickness.

Also again, why is everyone now saying that ranger, which is basically useless in any fight that is bigger than 3v3, needs a nerf? Suddenly everyone care about 1v1 balance. Heres a a CRAZY IDEA!:protection boons decrease dmg taken by 33%!! Wow. That's only 7% off of sicem dmg. Now you add a dodge here or there.. and maybe some toughness. TADAA, now you have much better sustain than the sicem ranger and you also won't get 1shot.

Again, please remind me why we are QQing about a spec that can do NOTHING except roam in small groups?

Please tell me u kno that qz is a dps increase,a solid one at that due to the increased number of attacks being done in the time frame of the allotted by the qz skill. It may not be a strait dps modifier but it definitely increase dps to to attack speed. That's why I mentioned it as its main end function is to increase dps just as is sic em just through a different way. It's a example of how slb had many Avenue's to increase its burst,not to mention more quickness on pet swap when in combat ontop of pet merge stat increase,superiority,two hand training,sic em at 20%,owl and lotp would be and is more than enough dps modifiers for a spec. Slb does not need a strait 40% on top and lowering to 20 would still have slb burst being very powerful just not broken.

Oh my god I just told you warriors can have quickness thieves can have it holos HAVE it mesmers fbs revs MOST classes can get quickness in their build too so that's a bad point.

Also how about this. A lot of builds these days have protection boons for sustain right? OMG spellbreaker and necros can rip/steal your boons and now you take 33% more dmg that you would have with protection! Crazy stuff.

@bigo.9037 said:

Oh my god I just told you warriors can have quickness thieves can have it holos HAVE it mesmers fbs revs MOST classes can get quickness in their build too so that's a bad point.

Also how about this. A lot of builds these days have protection boons for sustain right? OMG spellbreaker and necros can rip/steal your boons and now you take 33% more dmg that you would have with protection! Crazy stuff.

When I was new to the game I was told the best way to counter 1shot builds was to stop running full zerk, and what do you know.. it worked. Suddenly you didn't get instagibbed and you could beat them easily cus you had better sustain and hit them just as hard as they hit you. Nowadays, if you play a pve full zerk build with 0 stunbreaks, 0 toughness, and 0 protection boon and you get 1shot.. what do you do? QQ on the forums about broken balance...

@bigo.9037 said:

When I was new to the game I was told the best way to counter 1shot builds was to stop running full zerk, and what do you know.. it worked. Suddenly you didn't get instagibbed and you could beat them easily cus you had better sustain and hit them just as hard as they hit you. Nowadays, if you play a pve full zerk build with 0 stunbreaks, 0 toughness, and 0 protection boon and you get 1shot.. what do you do? QQ on the forums about broken balance...

I run a full xVT roamer build and I am still taking 7k+ autoattacks and 3k+ per hit of rapid fire (which is like 30-40k damage across less than 2 seconds, quickness, unblockable).

Defensive gear doesn't help. The multipliers are broken and need to be toned down.

@coro.3176 said:

I run a full xVT roamer build and I am still taking 7k+ autoattacks and 3k+ per hit of rapid fire (which is like 30-40k damage across less than 2 seconds, quickness, unblockable).

Defensive gear doesn't help. The multipliers are broken and need to be toned down.

Are you taking that dmg with the mount or yourself? You have protection? Cus if you have protection then you're only taking 7% more dmg than otherwise without sicem.

@bigo.9037 said:

I'm not sure why u are comparing things other classes share with rangers? Just because other classes can get some of the same boons as ranger doesn't make sic em less broken does it? Ranger gets protection on dodge and when gets protection gets 10% protection on condis on top,does that mean other specs should to does it lol. Dont kno m why people use other classes having the same type of skills as a defense considering skills can be have a vastly different impact within a build depending on the class as a whole and considering classes play very different from each other and all the different variable within the class differences it means little to share the same skill. A weak class can share a skill with a broken class in short lol.

@bigo.9037 said:

Are you taking that dmg with the mount or yourself? You have protection? Cus if you have protection then you're only taking 7% more dmg than otherwise without sicem.

Unmounted, to me. no protection. You're saying I need full tank gear AND protection to not take 40k quickness unblockable rapid fires?

I'm lazy, so I keep forgetting, but I can upload a clip of it happening, if you like.

@coro.3176 said:

Unmounted, to me. no protection. You're saying I need full tank gear AND protection to not take 40k quickness unblockable rapid fires?

I'm lazy, so I keep forgetting, but I can upload a clip of it happening, if you like.

No then you just have a weird build. Protection is better worth investing in that toughness if you have neither. Get protection boon, then toughness. 33% dmg... Can't believe I have to explain this?

@bigo.9037 said:

No then you just have a weird build. Protection is better worth investing in that toughness if you have neither. Get protection boon, then toughness. 33% dmg... Can't believe I have to explain this?

Not every build can have long-duration protection on demand instantly. What's the point of tanky gear if it doesn't work? Can't believe I have to explain this..

Just admit it. The multipliers are broken af. Those attacks should be doing HALF of what they currently are.

wtb 3.5k autoattack. 15k rapid fire.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I'm not sure why u are comparing things other classes share with rangers? Just because other classes can get some of the same boons as ranger doesn't make sic em less broken does it? Ranger gets protection on dodge and when gets protection gets 10% protection on condis on top,does that mean other specs should to does it lol. Dont kno m why people use other classes having the same type of skills as a defense considering skills can be have a vastly different impact within a build depending on the class as a whole and considering classes play very different from each other and all the different variable within the class differences it means little to share the same skill. A weak class can share a skill with a broken class in short lol.

Jesus man. No. YOU SAID that ranger already has QZ for dps increase and i say but every class has that, so it doesn't matter. Sicem is not something every class has, but quickness? Yes. HOLO get same quickness duration but with STAB instead of superspeed.. are you even reading my comment?

The fact that the words invest in toughness or use a protection skills to avoid being downed from one skill clearly shows the burst is too much. Yes if u want to survive longer in a fight and have more sustain than they player should definitely invest in toughness or boons increasing sustain but it should never be to avoid a one shot style burst. No burst should on shot even if not built for toughness. Just like all the MS backstab DE in the past used the same defense in that they one shot glass builds but it's fine because people just needed to invest to make their toon tanker. What was the result? DE nerf,sic em is no different other than MS DE required far more set up.

@coro.3176 said:

Not every build can have long-duration protection on demand instantly. What's the point of tanky gear if it doesn't work? Can't believe I have to explain this..

Just admit it. The multipliers are broken af. Those attacks should be doing HALF of what they currently are.

wtb 3.5k autoattack. 15k rapid fire.

You don't want to change anything in your build. You want other builds to be adjusted to your liking, so you don't have to change anything. rapid fire with quickness lasts less than 2 s so you only need 2 sec protection to deny the RF burst. There you go. Get yourself some durability runes.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Let's just be honest here. Like Thief, everybody just wants Rangers to be deleted from the game. Ranger has never really had a solid place in WvW. Whenever it starts to get some kind of toe-hold, everybody cries for nerfs. People just plain hate Rangers. At this point we should just all call for Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists to be the only classes that should play WvW. Warriors for their meat-shield, Elementalists for their DPS, and Guardians for their Heals. That's what everybody really wants. That "Holy Trinity" that makes all MMOs so wonderful to play. Anything else is just too....................weird.

its more like rangers trying their hardest to convince ppl that their obviously op builds aren't bad for the game, and that we should look the other way since this class is a special victim with special privileges.

More like people who aren't as good as they think they are keep getting ganked by rangers so they take to the forums crying their eyes out, asking big daddy Anet to tip the scales back in their favor so they can feel good about themselves again.

Like the people who whined about Arc Divider?

And do any of those specs have an instant cast +40% damage modifier on their bars? No? Mkay then. Bring Sic'em in line with other player accessible damage modifiers, +20% increase for the merged Soulbeast or +40% for the unmerged pet.

"Every class has the exact same performance and damage in all scenarios so they should all have the same skills and modifiers"

lol kay

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Let's just be honest here. Like Thief, everybody just wants Rangers to be deleted from the game. Ranger has never really had a solid place in WvW. Whenever it starts to get some kind of toe-hold, everybody cries for nerfs. People just plain hate Rangers. At this point we should just all call for Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists to be the only classes that should play WvW. Warriors for their meat-shield, Elementalists for their DPS, and Guardians for their Heals. That's what everybody really wants. That "Holy Trinity" that makes all MMOs so wonderful to play. Anything else is just too....................weird.

its more like rangers trying their hardest to convince ppl that their obviously op builds aren't bad for the game, and that we should look the other way since this class is a special victim with special privileges.

More like people who aren't as good as they think they are keep getting ganked by rangers so they take to the forums crying their eyes out, asking big daddy Anet to tip the scales back in their favor so they can feel good about themselves again.

Funny thing is bet u had a different opinion about thieves and mesmers when they were on chopping block. Oh how people perspective changes when it's their prefered class in question lmao.

"chopping block"

They are both still ludicrously good roamers while you lot are asking Anet to cut ranger's balls off because you can't just auto run across the map on your mount.

But hey, I'll tell you what Thieves have been telling everyone else for years, "Learn to play"

@Substance E.4852 said:

Funny thing is bet u had a different opinion about thieves and mesmers when they were on chopping block. Oh how people perspective changes when it's their prefered class in question lmao.

"chopping block"

They are both still ludicrously good roamers while you lot are asking Anet to cut ranger's balls off because you can't just auto run across the map on your mount.

But hey, I'll tell you what Thieves have been telling everyone else for years, "Learn to play"

Yeah difference is while thieves were saying that as the ranger defenders are now thieves actually got constant nerfs and DD basically neutered by swipe,same for d/p and p/p has been dead for yrs,only core s/d left. Wow u really have zero idea what ur talking about. Thanks for the laugh tho. Soulbeast,revs and warriors are better roamer's these days lmao

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

"chopping block"

Yeah difference is while thieves were saying that as the ranger defenders are now thieves actually got constant nerfs and DD basically neutered by swipe,same for d/p and p/p has been dead for yrs,only core s/d left. Wow u really have zero idea what ur talking about. Thanks for the laugh tho. Soulbeast,revs and warriors are better roamer's these days lmao

hes right. thief and mesmer are still stronger than sic em ranger. it might be a little more effort than soulbeast but if you are not all that terrible of a player, than mesmer and thief will be better.

@aspirine.6852 said:I was perfectly fine with the old skill when it was made to get invis classes like thief. The 40% damage boost should only work for the Pet, not for the ranger itself.

Or make it that only when on soulbeast, the modifier goes down to 10%

Like they did with scourge corrupt on shroud2 from the trait

@Nimon.7840 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:I was perfectly fine with the old skill when it was made to get invis classes like thief. The 40% damage boost should only work for the Pet, not for the ranger itself.

Like they did with scourge corrupt on shroud2 from the traitWhich is only shuffling the problem around.

An actual meaningfull change would still be to delete percentages and change it to flat bonuses. Anet has already done it to some skills, but they never seem to go all the way. Sic em for example... +250 power/+250 condi. Simple as that. Its the exponential gains thats the problem. Its always been the problem. Dpsers get more dps simply by the virtue of having more dps, while bunkers get more bunker by virtue of being more bunker. Same mechanics.

Hell, exponential gains is even still the problem with WvW in general and the reason the scoring is kitten from T3 ticking passively. Its the reason downstate give larger groups a bonus advantage, since you can res with multiple peeps instead of just one.

Its literally the root of all evil. Sic em is just a tiny, tiny part of it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Like they did with scourge corrupt on shroud2 from the traitWhich is only shuffling the problem around.

An actual meaningfull change would still be to delete percentages and change it to flat bonuses. Anet has already done it to some skills, but they never seem to go all the way. Sic em for example... +250 power/+250 condi. Simple as that. Its the
exponential gains
thats the problem. Its always been the problem. Dpsers get more dps simply by the virtue of having more dps, while bunkers get more bunker by virtue of being more bunker. Same mechanics.

Hell,
exponential gains
is even still the problem with WvW in general and the reason the scoring is kitten from T3 ticking passively. Its the reason downstate give larger groups a bonus advantage, since you can res with multiple peeps instead of just one.

Its literally the root of all evil. Sic em is just a tiny, tiny part of it.

I really like the idea of getting rid of exponential gains by removing damage % boosts and replacing them with stats. Not only does it help reduce the damage power creep we have, but it also might make hybrid builds more viable for all game modes. Right now the exponential gains that you can get for damage and healing lock you into stacking the same stats as much as you can in many cases.

However, your solution does not solve all the problems by itself. Ferocity still scales exponentially with power and precision. Ferocity itself was a mistake of a stat in my opinion. Also, a soulbeast can still make much better use of the extra stats than a pet could, because the soulbeast has more abilities with higher modifiers. That means that even a raw stat boost could end up being overtuned if the gain is not reduced while merged.

@Ganathar.4956 said:However, your solution does not solve all the problems by itself. Ferocity still scales exponentially with power and precision. Ferocity itself was a mistake of a stat in my opinion. Also, a soulbeast can still make much better use of the extra stats than a pet could, because the soulbeast has more abilities with higher modifiers. That means that even a raw stat boost could end up being overtuned if the gain is not reduced while merged.

if ferocity is an issue then expertise and concentration is too.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:However, your solution does not solve all the problems by itself. Ferocity still scales exponentially with power and precision. Ferocity itself was a mistake of a stat in my opinion. Also, a soulbeast can still make much better use of the extra stats than a pet could, because the soulbeast has more abilities with higher modifiers. That means that even a raw stat boost could end up being overtuned if the gain is not reduced while merged.

I don't see how concentration is an issue. It's the only stat that affects boons. Expertise is not a real issue because it's not nearly as bad as Ferocity, precision, power scaling. It's 3 stats vs 2 and ferocity makes power scale more exponentially which is why soldier stats have been traditionally considered bad, unlike dire stats.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

I don't see how concentration is and issue. It's the only stat that affects boons. Expertise is not a real issue because it's not nearly as bad as Ferocity, precision, power scaling. It's 3 stats vs 2 and ferocity makes power scale more exponentially which is why soldier stats have been traditionally considered bad, unlike dire stats.

do we need a stat that increases boondurations tho, we got enough boonspamm going on as is.

correct dire does enough damage with condition damage only, yet soldier tickles with only power. doesnt make exponential increases to condition damage better than to power.BUFF POWER!

precision is just an RNG limiter that expertise doenst have.