Why do people buy Dragon Coffers?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Or the items needed for some of the achievements. Like foods and zhaitaffy and drinks.

Near as I can tell, that still ends up being cheaper to buy directly than using the chests. Right now, based on the wiki's drop rate (based on "only" 1600 coffers), the contents are valued at ~25s/coffer while the coffers are trading at 40-49s each.That 25s/coffer assumes you get an average number of jorbreakers (not a given unless you open tons of coffers) and it assumes you get at least one rare drop (also not a good assumption).

Unless you expect to get lucky (spoiler alert: you won't; some other player who doesn't deserve it will be the one)

Sell the chests, use the proceeds to buy what you need.(To be even more efficient, sell the chests "now," and buy what you need in 2-4 weeks, when prices have dropped.)

Sadly, I don't know either as you get more than enough already from the Dragon Bash event itself. My guess is that some Youtubers/Streamers do that to have something to make a video about. I've seen quite a lot of videos of "opening 250 xxx chests" so I guess it's interesting to watch people gamble. Strangely, I didn't see WP doing that but then on the other hand I'm reminded that WP is actually for the lore or other news about the game. You can't really make a video or stream about this game apart from PvP, Raids or WvW which is quite sad.

I've been opening them hoping for a Teq Horde or Aurine weapon but alas.. no luck.

I got pretty lucky with Black Lion chests recently though so I can't be salty.I am a little salty that I accidentally screwed up one of the mini Skyscale recipies though and threw my first bioluminecent Skyscale into the forge for a generic exotic mini I already had >.< that hurt lmao

@Teratus.2859 said:I've been opening them hoping for a Teq Horde or Aurine weapon but alas.. no luck.

I got pretty lucky with Black Lion chests recently though so I can't be salty.I am a little salty that I accidentally screwed up one of the mini Skyscale recipies though and threw my first bioluminecent Skyscale into the forge for a generic exotic mini I already had >.< that hurt lmao

Yeah, I'd definitely submit a ticket and ask if you could get the Bioluminescent mini back. Since it was an accident that didn't result in you getting a skin you didn't already have, I'd think support would be understanding.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I've been opening them hoping for a Teq Horde or Aurine weapon but alas.. no luck.

Yeah, I'd definitely submit a ticket and ask if you could get the Bioluminescent mini back. Since it was an accident that didn't result in you getting a skin you didn't already have, I'd think support would be understanding.

It's alright I made another one and got the collection done ^^I was still working through the funds of my sold Quip when it happened and I got a good 30+g back from the exotic I sold so I could afford to take the loss for being careless.. lesson learned ^^

Archived