Ok am I just stupid when it comes to this festival?

Like >.> There seems to be caps on every event I do on coffers and taffy. Only 4 rounds of the "easy mode" arena, only 4 rounds of the stampede only like 35/175 taffy from piniatas a day before those 3 things stop giving me rewards. And what am I going to do with over a 100 fireworks that are soulbound to my character???? Is this normal and I'm just stupid for thinking it'd be like wintersday or the other festivals or is this just some random bug I'm running into??????? :/ Like I only earned 1 and half jorbreakers yesterday....how am I suppose to earn 100 or more of them by the end of the 3 weeks besides just hoping the coffers will give me one out of the kindness of rng????

@Empanda.4617 said:Because I don't like buying something I can earn, plus buying them for myself and then my guild for the decorations is super pricey. But I'm going to guess by your reply that there is a cap and its not a bug of some kind.

Well if there is for guild decos, then get the whole guild in on the activty by doing a guild event maybe?

@"Empanda.4617" said:how am I suppose to earn 100 or more of them by the end of the 3 weeksI don't think we are. I think it's meant to keep the value of taffy and coffers upIn other festivals, the materials devalue quickly because there supply keeps increasing while there's no demand after people get a few goodies.

besides just hoping the coffers will give me one out of the kindness of rng????I wouldn't call "hoping for RNG" to be "earning." That sounds no different than buying off the TP, to me anyhow.

Personally, I think it's fine. Some festivals have too much stuff that it becomes too low in value; this one, it's harder to earn. Seems like an ok mix of situations.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, it's an indication that the game isn't 'going into maintenance mode' (as is often thrown around), and we are presented with some long-term goals. /shrug

Not maintenance mode no. But maybe the introduction of new festivals with long term goals (including 20 years of juicy 50 AP Annual Achievement carrots) was a further indication of their intention to pad out the calendar with repeated events and to reduce the number of new content updates to a minimum in order to move more and more devs onto other, now cancelled, projects and then to eventually put the game in maintenance mode once those came out.

Cynical? Me? Maybe a little bit.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, it's an indication that the game isn't 'going into maintenance mode' (as is often thrown around), and we are presented with some long-term goals. /shrug

Not maintenance mode no. But maybe the introduction of new festivals with long term goals (including 20 years of juicy 50 AP Annual Achievement carrots) was a further indication of their intention to pad out the calendar with repeated events and to reduce the number of new content updates to a minimum in order to move more and more devs onto other, now cancelled, projects and then to eventually put the game in maintenance mode once those came out.

The long-term achievement is standard now, they've been adding it to all the festivals for a while now (I think over a year but I can't actually remember), same with adding annual achievements which can be repeated each year.

@Empanda.4617 said:Because I don't like buying something I can earn, plus buying them for myself and then my guild for the decorations is super pricey. But I'm going to guess by your reply that there is a cap and its not a bug of some kind.

It's limited so you can't really farm your way.

I've decided to dump almost 1k coffers on the TP on the first day after seeing what was inside (jorbreakers or garbage, and there's plenty of garbage) and made a mountain of gold. The prices have since dropped but you may want to consider selling quickly or just hold onto them until they rise later in the year.

Actually that could work both ways.. setting silly season goals could be deemed a steer to get them by other means .. we used to call that milking the cows as much as possible, for as long as possible before the lights get flicked.One thing is for sure, my level of enjoyment for these kind of steers gets diminished pretty quickly and in an overly populated MMO arena it just helps to push =like minded players away from GW2 either for a spell or permanently, which either way does not benefit ANET and if enough get fed up it can only help further the push towards the inevitable... lets hope it doesn't come to that though.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Perhaps, it's an indication that the game isn't 'going into maintenance mode' (as is often thrown around), and we are presented with some long-term goals. /shrug

The long-term achievement is standard now, they've been adding it to all the festivals for a while now (I think over a year but I can't actually remember), same with adding annual achievements which can be repeated each year.

Well, they've had some "you're unlikely to do this in one year" Achievements for years (like the "Drink 10,000 wintersday drinks" achievement), but yeah, they've been adding the Annual Achievements for almost a year now, I believe they started rolling them out in Halloween 2018 and they've been adding it to all the festivals since.

They're not a bad idea or a bad way of implementing these festival, it's good to give people something to do when these festivals roll around each year and it's done in such a way that it should require a minimum of dev effort and fuss: just stick a new mini or hat as a reward in the Annual achievement for that year and then flick the switch to turn on the event.

@zealex.9410 said:

Wasnt the hom introduced in gw1 shortly before it went into maintenance mode?

You have that backwards. The HoM, or Eye of the North in general, was created after the devs decided to put GW1 in maintenance mode. The expansion and achievement system only existed to segue into GW2. Otherwise they would have delivered the Utopia campaign as originally planned.

Players have been asking for annual/consistent festivals since 2013 and it's not like Anet has ever delivered content updates in a speedy manner. It can just as easily be said that streamlining the festivals to provide a reliable seasonal rotation is an investment in the game's future. It frees up resources to focus on new content in the years to come.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Timelord.8190 said:This event is boring and unrewarding. What is Anet even thinking? The rewards are straight up laughable. Dragon's Breath Bun hardly dropped in price, after being unavailable for several years.

Its plenty rewarding, sell your coffers. Between 2 days(5 hours in total) I made over 100g.

Ask those who bought them from if it was rewarding. I got one coffer after 15 min of gameplay. By doing killing the holo creatures who spawned on the map. It's just trash mobs.

@Empanda.4617 said:So basically instead of getting a pair of wings, I should sell everything I get and saturate the market you guys are selling on with more stuff, to further lower the price so I can buy mah wings. :3 Got it

You have the option to buy on the TP. How you acquire the gold to do so is up to you.Your actions aren't going to impact the market values; they would be declining because that's always what happens during festivals: supply skyrockets, so prices tank.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Empanda.4617" said:So basically instead of getting a pair of wings, I should sell everything I get and saturate the market you guys are selling on with more stuff, to further lower the price so I can buy mah wings. :3 Got it

You have the option to buy on the TP. How you acquire the gold to do so is up to you.Your actions aren't going to impact the market values; they would be declining because that's always what happens during festivals: supply skyrockets, so prices tank.

"

Your right it won't, And I'm not going to bother doing it either, Nor will I be buying anything off the market, to fulfill my goals when I should be putting that gold towards other things. But I do know everything is capped now, thanks to the people who actually answered my question on that instead of people telling me to just buy their stuff off tp. Considering they added new decorations I'll probably just hoard my supplies since we don't know if this event will be back next year. If it doesn't come back next year, it'll be worth more to sell the stuff then. I'll just keep it with my 300 Djinn energy cluster bags, my super adventure boxs stuff, my hoard of mats and other things. Shrugs It'll become useful at somepoint I'm sure.