Evading while doing damage is a broken mechanic

Hex.8714

Before there was Rune of Surging that stopped people from spamming back to back damage dodge abilities since the shock aura is undodgable but they removed them, so here we are. There is Rune of Air but the cd on the Aura is 60 seconds after healing so it is kinda eh. Maybe people should just play Ele bunkers in all games.

Negating damage and effects on-demand while simultaneously taking positioning and outright attacking is a broken mechanic and, fundamentally, an unhealthy dynamic for competitive combat. Evading, blocking, stability, instantaneous teleporting (often through terrain), invulnerability: they're all damage negation and they're all so consistently paired up with damage in GW2. It's why GW2 PvP is a joke.

@Swagg.9236 said:Negating damage and effects on-demand while simultaneously taking positioning and outright attacking is a broken mechanic and, fundamentally, an unhealthy dynamic for competitive combat. Evading, blocking, stability, instantaneous teleporting (often through terrain), invulnerability: they're all damage negation and they're all so consistently paired up with damage in GW2. It's why GW2 PvP is a joke.

This ^ the burst are way way to high and can be paired to easily with hard cc's, than u have blocks,evade frame,invulnerability,absorbs to heal,protection and reflect all in abundance to boot. Instead of any type of skilled gameplay its who has the cheesiest build,who gets their cc off first allowing them to burst u 100-0 in seconds etc etc lol.The game mechanics in this game are great but the skills are way to powercrept as far as the many things they can do on top of burst spikes,its insane. Unfortunately pvp in this game will continue to dwindle just like it has been till it's the same very small group left. I would bet very few new players would experience the pvp and stay for very long as most people probably say F this garbage very soon after trying it and can u blame them? Lol.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@saerni.2584 said:Except Lotus dodge isn’t the majority of condi DD damage.Its the main reason why poison cant be cleansed (4 cover conditions), you must remove 5 condis at once to stop poison damaging you and cut your healing.

You play mirage, so i'll assume this is not a complaint.Your post makes absolutely no sense. I can/could play whatever and that wont devalue my comment

@praqtos.9035 said:

@saerni.2584 said:Except Lotus dodge isn’t the majority of condi DD damage.Its the main reason why poison cant be cleansed (4 cover conditions), you must remove 5 condis at once to stop poison damaging you and cut your healing.

You play mirage, so i'll assume this is not a complaint.Your post makes absolutely no sense. I can/could play whatever and that wont devalue my comment

Your own class reapplied and covers their conditions easily.

It's like you are complaining about fart smells after shitting the bed.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"saerni.2584" said:Except Lotus dodge isn’t the majority of condi DD damage.Its the main reason why poison cant be cleansed (4 cover conditions), you must remove 5 condis at once to stop poison damaging you and cut your healing.

It's like you are complaining about fart smells after kitten the bed.

yes and no, most damage comes from torment/bleed but removing "cover" condi of burning/confusion still lowers the damage. for thief yoy remove all damge ( poison) or you remove covers so you remove nothing.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"saerni.2584" said:Except Lotus dodge isn’t the majority of condi DD damage.Its the main reason why poison cant be cleansed (4 cover conditions), you must remove 5 condis at once to stop poison damaging you and cut your healing.

Your own class reapplied and covers their conditions easily.It's like you are complaining about fart smells after kitten the bed.Complain about condi mirage as much as you want, I dont care. Smells like some

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

yes and no, most damage comes from torment/bleed but removing "cover" condi of burning/confusion still lowers the damage. for thief yoy remove all damge ( poison) or you remove covers so you remove nothing.Pointing out the problem and the reason behind this degenerate build ... Yet, I feel being attacked for doing so..."You play mesmer so you cant post anything", what a facepalm, srsly

@praqtos.9035 said:

yes and no, most damage comes from torment/bleed but removing "cover" condi of burning/confusion still lowers the damage. for thief yoy remove all damge ( poison) or you remove covers so you remove nothing.Pointing out the problem and the reason behind this degenerate build ... Yet, I feel being attacked for doing so..."You play mesmer so you cant post anything", what a facepalm, srsly

Cover condies are intended.

Your are complaining about a intended mechanic.

Your class also does it.

It's a complaint without merit.

Cry about sword 2, that's cheezy

Also this build was wayyyyyy stringet before the poison nerf and immobile nerfs.

Everything else was already there

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Cover condies are intended.

Your are complaining about a intended mechanic.

Your class also does it.

It's a complaint without merit.

Cry about sword 2, that's cheezy

Also this build was wayyyyyy stringet before the poison nerf and immobile nerfs.

Everything else was already thereThe same I can say about CI, everything it did for years was intended.But what is happening now condi daredevil always been a degenerate build, apply poison and 5+ cover condis on top. Not being able to cleanse over 5 conditions consistently while being immobilized its not l2p issue, its a consequences of facing a degenerate build. Since you didnt notice my first post, read it again.Complain about condi mirage as much as you want, I dont care. Smells like some
Oh ye, you know, I had a thread about how to make cmirage less dumb and passive, why you even keep saying "but your class" all the time ?

• 5 weeks later...

Some things are fine.Things like blurred frenzy that roots you, or split surge that’s an alright 3 hit poke, and doesn’t synergize well with the burst combo.

Other things are not.Like Either barrage, specifically with infinite horizon. Alone it would be okay. 5 hits dispensed relatively slowly. Bit much with illusions applying conditions.Or like Reckless Dodge 1.5 coefficient, bundled into a single hit, all in damage combo range.

The idea of Damage while dodging isn’t such a big deal so long as it follows the same on demand options given to the majority of classes. Only time you get problems are when the attack is to much value or the evasion is to regular.

Also to anyone who says “no game has this.”: Banjo side B. You are invulnerable and do damage. Pretty sure a champion in Heart of the storm does it but can’t remember who, Plenty of card games do it. Not exactly the same but Kassadin in LoL used to silence with his Q meaning if he pokes you and kites you couldnt retaliate. Arhi does something similar except that forces them to follow. Vladimir W skill is pretty much evading while doing damage. Pretty sure there are other mid lanes that either deny damage or stop people from being able to do damage. (Haven’t played LoL in years tho)