New Elite Spec Idea: Rift Knight

Knighthonor.4061

Elite Spec Name: Rift Knight

Weapon: Greatsword

Legend: Lord Odran

Mechanics:

No longer do Revenants legend swap. Instead Revenants tap into the cosmic rift to alter the course of the Legend's history within the echos of the mist, gaining access to the Warped version of your selected Legend.

*F1 skill : Warp -Replaces legend swap with Warp, that will change the Legend into an alternate reality version of that Legend, changing all its skills into a new set of skills themed after the legend.

*F2 skill: doppelganger -Summon a doppelgangers from alternate dimension based on a legend theme. Revenant can select the legend of the Doppelganger from a drop down arrow. Doppelganger is a temporary summon with a command skill unique the the choice of legend made.

@"derd.6413" said:why do half of the espec suggestions read like somebody that doesn't like a class's mechanics but still wants to play the class's theme?

you mean in the same way Scourge changed Necro mechanics, or Tombs change Guardian mechanics?

So if Elite Spec changes Revenant mechanics is just "you hate Revenant mechanics."?

umm ok

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"derd.6413" said:why do half of the espec suggestions read like somebody that doesn't like a class's mechanics but still wants to play the class's theme?

you mean in the same way Scourge changed Necro mechanics, or Tombs change Guardian mechanics?

So if Elite Spec changes Revenant mechanics is just "you hate Revenant mechanics."?

umm ok

sand shades where made to allow necro to share the bonus health from shroud with other players through barrier.tomes was something guardians wanted back for a time and anet merged them with virtues.this doesn't change legend swap, it removes legend swap and replace it with a minion.

ok

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:why do half of the espec suggestions read like somebody that doesn't like a class's mechanics but still wants to play the class's theme?

umm ok

sand shades where made to allow necro to share the bonus health from shroud with other players through barrier.tomes was something guardians wanted back for a time and anet merged them with virtues.this doesn't change legend swap, it removes legend swap and replace it with a minion.

ok

is this your way of trying to explain away your contradiction?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@derd.6413 said:why do half of the espec suggestions read like somebody that doesn't like a class's mechanics but still wants to play the class's theme?

umm ok

ok

no, this is me explaining to you why it isn't a contradiction. also if you're not interested in criticism and just want ppl to praise your immaculate genius, just say so, it saves me alot of time

@derd.6413 said:

umm ok

ok

no, this is me explaining to you why it isn't a contradiction. also if you're not interested in criticism and just want ppl to praise your immaculate genius, just say so, it saves me alot of time

Saying an elite spec which changes the mechanics is because you hate the class mechanics is not criticism. Especially when I gave you two examples of Elite Specs changing other class mechanics yet you dismiss those two examples.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

umm ok

ok

Saying an elite spec which changes the mechanics is because you hate the class mechanics is not criticism. Especially when I gave you two examples of Elite Specs changing other class mechanics yet you dismiss those two examples.

you're correct in saying those 2 change the class mechanic.but you're not changing the mechanic, you're replacing it with something completly unrelated.that's a massive difference

@derd.6413 said:

umm ok

ok

you're correct in saying those 2 change the class mechanic.but you're not changing the mechanic, you're replacing it with something completly unrelated.that's a massive difference

no its not any different from what Firebrand does to Guardian or what Scourge does to Necro.

It changes the mechanics like those other two classes' elite spec does to their mechanics.

Legend Swap is changed to Warp, which now changes the Legend skills that you are using to an alternate version of that Legend rather than to a totally different legend.

Doppelganger is new, but can be assigned what legend you want your doppelganger to be using.

Energy system is still there. So I dont see what you mean by I am replacing it rather than changing it. Your argument makes no sense.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

umm ok

ok

you're correct in saying those 2 change the class mechanic.but you're not changing the mechanic, you're replacing it with something completly unrelated.that's a massive differenceLegend Swap is changed to Warp, which now changes the Legend skills that you are using to an alternate version of that Legend rather than to a totally different legend.

that's just legend swap with less customization. if you're aiming at making build craft on rev even less of a factor you're doing a great job. and no just because revs keep 10 utility skills doesn't mean you're removing from the class

Doppelganger is new, but can be assigned what legend you want your doppelganger to be using.

if you think this will in any way compensates what you took out of the class with removing legend swap you're dead wrong.

and there's a really easy fix for all this: keep legend swap and have your ghost replace ancient echo (it'd still be bad because AI but at least you're not trimming the class down with a chainsaw)

@derd.6413 said:

umm ok

ok

you're correct in saying those 2 change the class mechanic.but you're not changing the mechanic, you're replacing it with something completly unrelated.that's a massive differenceLegend Swap is changed to Warp, which now changes the Legend skills that you are using to an alternate version of that Legend rather than to a totally different legend.

that's just legend swap with less customization. if you're aiming at making build craft on rev even less of a factor you're doing a great job. and no just because revs keep 10 utility skills doesn't mean you're removing from the class

if you think this will in any way compensates what you took out of the class with removing legend swap you're dead wrong.

and there's a really easy fix for all this: keep legend swap and have your ghost replace ancient echo (it'd still be bad because AI but at least you're not trimming the class down with a chainsaw)

Well its not like customization is a big thing as is for the Revenant. Most stuff is picked for you. It seem like a small sacrifice for a deeper investment into specific Legends, changing the way they operate with brand new different legend skills.

The Doppelganger can be customized, and uniquely chained together with your legend you are running to pull something off.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

umm ok

ok

Well its not like customization is a big thing as is for the Revenant. Most stuff is picked for you. It seem like a small sacrifice for a deeper investment into specific Legends, changing the way they operate with brand new different legend skills.

whatever you're imagining those new skills to be: no, they're just gonna be the same stuff rev has now and will either be a complete waste of everybody time or an unbalanced nighmare. and whatever defense you think will disprove that: no

The Doppelganger can be customized,and so can your elite slot on other classes and most of those skills are still bad.

and uniquely chained together with your legend you are running to pull something off.that literally describes every skill in the entire game (just replace legend with literally anything else).

@"Fueki.4753" said:Can't people just stop popping out GS Revenant "ideas"?It's not needed.

If you need a GS, play Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Necromancer or Mesmer.

Its because the Rev weapon sets are really lacking flexibility. For the other classes, most weapon skills serve 2 or 3 functions with clear trait synergies. But with Rev each weapon skill only has 1 function in combat, and a hand full have a Finisher to combo with a specific skill for its paired legend.

Theres also the fact that Core Rev has no mid-range weapon.... like at all. Its either 3 types of Melee, or a 1200 Ranged power Weapon. Another thing its lacking is an accessible 5-target cleave, which Great Sword essentially exists for. Since Revs have already turned a traditional melee weapon into a Ranged weapon, the Greatsword is the perfect vehicle to create a set of weapon skills that combine both melee cleave with mid-range attacks to round out this blind spot.

Or are you going to try and convince me that Shortbow does that job?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Elite Spec Name: Rift Knight

Weapon: Greatsword

Legend: Lord Odran

Mechanics:

No longer do Revenants legend swap. Instead Revenants tap into the cosmic rift to alter the course of the Legend's history within the echos of the mist, gaining access to the Warped version of your selected Legend.

*F1 skill : Warp -Replaces legend swap with Warp, that will change the Legend into an alternate reality version of that Legend, changing all its skills into a new set of skills themed after the legend.

*F2 skill: doppelganger -Summon a doppelgangers from alternate dimension based on a legend theme. Revenant can select the legend of the Doppelganger from a drop down arrow. Doppelganger is a temporary summon with a command skill unique the the choice of legend made.

could be a good idea, but its too much work for the devs. Imagine making a warped version of the legends... these are 21 new skills just for a new spec

@starlinvf.1358 said:Theres also the fact that Core Rev has no mid-range weapon.... like at all. Its either 3 types of Melee, or a 1200 Ranged power Weapon. Another thing its lacking is an accessible 5-target cleave, which Great Sword essentially exists for.This is a role that easily could be fulfilled by:LongbowRifleScepter/Scepter (something no profession has)Scepter/FocusFocus/Focus (something no profession has)Torch/Torch (something no profession has)Touch/Focus (something no profession has)Torch/Scepter (something no profession has)Scepter/TorchFocus/Torch (something no profession has)Dagger/DaggerDagger/FocusDagger/TorchDagger/Scepter (something no profession has)Torch/Dagger (something no profession has)Scepter/DaggerFocus/Dagger (something no profession has)

They could even fancy a Right-Hand Shield or Axe for that role.Anet just needs to get a tiiiiiiiiny bit more creative.It doesn't need to be an oversized chunk of whatever-each-skin-is-made-of.

Since Revs have already turned a traditional melee weapon into a Ranged weapon, the Greatsword is the perfect vehicle to create a set of weapon skills that combine both melee cleave with mid-range attacks to round out this blind spot.

Mesmer already have it ranged, so that's nothing new.

Or are you going to try and convince me that Shortbow does that job?Shortbow is bad, but I don't like anything about Renegade (except it having a red-orange colour scheme) anyway.

If revenant got this unwieldy junk, what would be next?People crying for Elementalist to have it?Thief?Engineer?

@Virdo.1540 said:could be a good idea, but its too much work for the devs. Imagine making a warped version of the legends... these are 21 new skills just for a new specActually that 32 skills. The four base legends are 20 warped skills, the new legend 5 normal + 5 warped skills, as well as warp and Doppelgänger (yes, the dots on the are the correct spelling).