What is your WvW rank?

EremiteAngel.9765

Current rank of my active account is 596 - getting close to silver ranks. However, this is my third account and combined rank of all accounts would climb over 2k mark. Usually, I prefer huge fights, so I tend to follow commander more often than not. Other reason for that being is I`m too lazy to change/invest into roaming builds despite clear need for it (getting into smaller fights with Front Lines Warrior build feels awful due to player being smart enough to stop hitting me once heal skill is active :D ). Lastly, due to laziness I have single wvw-ready class - Warrior. Firebrand/Scourge/Ranger are in the works.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:7,598

I ceased caring/grinding about ranks years ago. 10k sounded nice but life gets in the way & you gotta' set your priorities straight. If the game was managed better, you can bet I'd have reached 10k for sure, let alone closer to UD.

How do you not have UD at 7.6k? I was barely 4k when I reached 250k kills hmm

6500 and I am no where close to UD (95K or so atm). If you solo roam, kills are slow in coming vs blob on blob action.

Approaching 5k.Been playing since launch. Mostly only solo flipping the veteran creatures, skritt, centuars and the ascalonian ghost event.Totally too leet to have zerged and if you see me in a zerg it's actually the zerg happening to be going where I was already going to go solo. I so leet.

Solo = leet = meZerging = noob = not me

Hope I made clear that distinction that I mostly only solo despite having big ranks and I absolutely can never be found in a zerg because it's not leet nor edgy. Further more all of my WvW rank exp comes solely from player kills in 1vX and never from objective flips. Its just that I fight so epic and so much that after countless player kills solo roaming my rank has gotten so high. I have gotten UD TWICE on the same account only from solo roaming. One time someone tried to party with me and I was like naw I only solo roaming and switched maps so they couldn't follow me.

Solo roam,No zerging for me.

! Sorry but I had to laugh a little at some of the people here claiming to mostly solo roam / small-scale when I frequently see them in the same zerg as me for like the past 2 years.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

I ceased caring/grinding about ranks years ago. 10k sounded nice but life gets in the way & you gotta' set your priorities straight. If the game was managed better, you can bet I'd have reached 10k for sure, let alone closer to UD.

6500 and I am no where close to UD (95K or so atm). If you solo roam, kills are slow in coming vs blob on blob action.

Players accumulate wxp (reward for killing) the longer they go without a death. Zerglings often only reward 2-4wxp. How you gonna talk about kills when we both know that wxp comes from camps, towers and ktrains?

@LetoII.3782 said:

Players accumulate wxp (reward for killing) the longer they go without a death. Zerglings often only reward 2-4wxp. How you gonna talk about kills when we both know that wxp comes from camps, towers and ktrains?

You will occasionally run into someone worth 50+ while roaming but it's not common, and the zerglings have aoe'd dozens of those little 2-4wxp folks in the time it takes for a roamer to find a fight. If roaming is the faster way to gain ranks, the rest of you must have been cheating all these years while I'm still stuck down here roaming as a lowly gold :(

EDIT: I'm at 20k, so that's less than ten kills per level. It's a hard life :(

@Justine.6351 said:Approaching 5k.Been playing since launch. Mostly only solo flipping the veteran creatures, skritt, centuars and the ascalonian ghost event.Totally too leet to have zerged and if you see me in a zerg it's actually the zerg happening to be going where I was already going to go solo. I so leet.

Solo = leet = meZerging = noob = not me

Hope I made clear that distinction that I mostly only solo despite having big ranks and I absolutely can never be found in a zerg because it's not leet nor edgy. Further more all of my WvW rank exp comes solely from player kills in 1vX and never from objective flips. Its just that I fight so epic and so much that after countless player kills solo roaming my rank has gotten so high. I have gotten UD TWICE on the same account only from solo roaming. One time someone tried to party with me and I was like naw I only solo roaming and switched maps so they couldn't follow me.

Solo roam,No zerging for me.

! Sorry but I had to laugh a little at some of the people here claiming to mostly solo roam / small-scale when I frequently see them in the same zerg as me for like the past 2 years.

Name these pretenders!! Poseurs!! ?

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Previously we had a poll here and ~80% of us are WvW mains from 6-7 years ago.But how many of us have reached the high heights of 10K WvW rank since then?Vote and tell your story!

I have been playing for about 6 years. 90% of my ranks came VERY SLOWLY from solo roaming, flipping camps, slapping yaks, etc.The other 10% came from following Cookie for 1 evening.

@Gop.8713 said:

You will occasionally run into someone worth 50+ while roaming but it's not common, and the zerglings have aoe'd dozens of those little 2-4wxp folks in the time it takes for a roamer to find a fight. If roaming is the faster way to gain ranks, the rest of you must have been cheating all these years while I'm still stuck down here roaming as a lowly gold :(

A lot of people fool themselves about how much pvp they're doing. Mike O'Brien was right about that one...

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

A lot of people fool themselves about how much pvp they're doing. Mike O'Brien was right about that one...

This is definitely true. You've got ppl in the zerg who may as well be tagging npcs as players for all the actual pvp they're doing, you've got ppl running around looking for fights and not finding them, and then you've got ppl running from fights so they can't happen. By that standard the only actual pvp going on is taking place in, well, pvp :p

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

This is definitely true. You've got ppl in the zerg who may as well be tagging npcs as players for all the actual pvp they're doing, you've got ppl running around looking for fights and not finding them, and then you've got ppl running from fights so they can't happen. By that standard the only actual pvp going on is taking place in, well, pvp :p

Oh, there's plenty of real pvp going on. It's making all these silly rules that people get hung up on holding them back. Look for the swords, move toward them, don't worry about how many people are around and you'll be near half a million kills in no time.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Oh, there's plenty of real pvp going on. It's making all these silly rules that people get hung up on holding them back. Look for the swords, move toward them, don't worry about how many people are around and you'll be near half a million kills in no time.

Well sure, but you won't be engaging in much pvp, you'll just be tagging kills . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Well sure, but you won't be engaging in much pvp, you'll just be tagging kills . . .

Not true at all.You've mistaken there being people to fight with and against for blobbing, blobbing is follow the leader in choreographed movement and attack. I'm saying go where the fight is, regardless of pin or blob, and kill as many red names as you can.You're flipping camps and sentries, essentially pve, occasionally meeting another doing the same.. That's roaming, and that's why it's dead: there's too much empty space for chance 1v1's to happen with frequency. Back when maps were queued 24/7 sure, you could expect to run into people. Now, if you don't want to follow a tag you'd better learn to live around the enemy blob and pack hunt like wolves to a herd.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Not true at all.You've mistaken there being people to fight with and against for blobbing, blobbing is follow the leader in choreographed movement and attack. I'm saying go where the fight is, regardless of pin or blob, and kill as many red names as you can.You're flipping camps and sentries, essentially pve, occasionally meeting another doing the same.. That's roaming, and that's why it's dead: there's too much empty space for chance 1v1's to happen with frequency. Back when maps were queued 24/7 sure, you could expect to run into people. Now, if you don't want to follow a tag you'd better learn to live
around
the enemy blob and pack hunt like wolves to a herd.

This has become a semantic argument I suppose. The reason I'd say there's not much pvp in roaming is bc the majority of ppl you encounter aren't fit to provide pvp. They're there for dailies, or pve, or on their way to their group, or on a build that's a poor matchup one way or the other, or running in a 'roaming' squad or even just not set up for combat. You get a 'legitimate' pvp encounter maybe one time out of every ten. What you suggest would provide even worse numbers, with everyone on their zerg builds, blowing all their skills on the other zerg while I kill stragglers or just tag ppl who would have gone down anyway. It's 'actiony' sure, and I do enjoy it when the blobs happen to come my way, but it's not something I'm going to seek out . . .

Actually 1871 atm but will hit 2k within 1-2 weeks.

Started serious WvW beginning of this year at around rank 300 or 400 in January if I recall correctly. Current short to medium goal for me is first 2k, then 2544 after which I might take it a bit slower (or not, depends on how things move on). Most member of my wvw guild are either 1-2k, 4-5k or 7-8k in wvw rank.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Zephyra.4709" said:7,598

Oh man, it pains me to even glance at that achieve... I'm not even half way there wtf lmao. I think I'm sitting on 119k or something. Every time I think of that I tell myself why the heck did I not play more dps classes or try to tag more. I was too focused on playing the age old "heals only" mindset.

Guardian jail. And other minor reasons. Being an aussie, playing with perma 300+ ping I survive better on support classes (hooray less tagging stuff /s). I never took advantage of OS farm back in the day, heck back then my main was your typical ranger which is the most unholy thing to take into WvW at the time. I don't think I'll ever get get UD and that's fine. I've always been that late kid to the party when it comes to achieves etc.

@Zephyra.4709 said:

Oh man, it pains me to even glance at that achieve... I'm not even half way there kitten lmao. I think I'm sitting on 119k or something. Every time I think of that I tell myself why the heck did I not play more dps classes or try to tag more. I was too focused on playing the age old "heals only" mindset.

Guardian jail
. And other minor reasons. Being an aussie, playing with perma 300+ ping I survive better on support classes (hooray less tagging stuff /s). I never took advantage of OS farm back in the day, heck back then my main was your typical ranger which is the most unholy thing to take into WvW at the time. I don't think I'll ever get get UD and that's fine. I've always been that
late kid to the party
when it comes to achieves etc.

I did my UD playing guardian exclusively, about 50/50 roaming on DH and playing support for a once prominent guild.Though I'd agree ocx time is a big drawback. Too many in sea and ocx don't seem to understand opponents are the most important thing to have in pvp, and piled onto just a few servers.