[SPOILER?] About Taimi...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Alga.6498 said:I was hoping we had enough with Taimi... but nooooo she has to talk to the PC all the time with her annoying little voice that wont shut up and fooling around... oh and then you know what?! :trollface: She actually enters Elona with her SCRUFFY LAB TWO POINT ZERO!!!!!!!!! Thanks ANet, now I hate her even more than ever. :scream:I hope she'll be the next one who will be killed off, I can't stand her, :rage:

Show me on the doll where the big bad Asura touched you.

Wait so Taimi is basically Bane from Batman now? That's kind of cool, but also kind of terrifying. It wouldn't surprise me if that causes a problem at some point in future story lines. (Although I like Taimi so I hope it's nothing too drastic.)

There have been changes in other characters sometimes. I believe Canach is still the most drastic example, but his original appearence was only during Season 1, so I doubt many people ever saw it/remember it. I also noticed that in Lake Doric Logan has some grey hair, which I'm sure is new.

I keep looking out for changes in Caithe because as the firstborn we see most often (and the one most likely to be updated) she's the best example we have of how sylvari age. She's still only about 30 years old, but we currently have no idea how long sylvari can live naturally or how they change as they get older and I'm very curious about both.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

@Alga.6498 said:I was hoping we had enough with Taimi... but nooooo she has to talk to the PC all the time with her annoying little voice that wont shut up and fooling around... oh and then you know what?! :trollface: She actually enters Elona with her SCRUFFY LAB TWO POINT ZERO!!!!!!!!! Thanks ANet, now I hate her even more than ever. :scream:I hope she'll be the next one who will be killed off, I can't stand her, :rage:

Woah, slow down there. I love Taimi. Her and Canach are two of my favourite NPCs in the game. I like smart mouthed characters who have no problem speaking their mind.

How can you even like her??
Love
her?!? Oh my god... :angry:She must have used some kind of brainwash machine on you because.... she's evil and annoying af, :sleeping:

Id take her x 2 if i never have to deal with Braham again. Do you hear me anet!!!

I hate Braham now. I can't take his whiny-ness. This topic is about Taimi appreciation though, so is it just me or is her head extra big now? Above the player characters size.

Braham and Taimi needs to be killed off in the next story, urghhhhhh. Worst NPCs ever, they're almost even worse than Trehearne...
almost!
:astonished:Take Rox with them aswell, she's so boring and useless. :grin:

You don't like any of the NPCs do you?

Not from the super lame Dragon's Watch Guild thingy, they're pretty all lame. The only one I kinda like is Kas from it. There is many other NPCs who I would really like to have in the 'guild' instead of these clowns.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Alga.6498 said:

Woah, slow down there. I love Taimi. Her and Canach are two of my favourite NPCs in the game. I like smart mouthed characters who have no problem speaking their mind.

How can you even like her??
Love
her?!? Oh my god... :angry:She must have used some kind of brainwash machine on you because.... she's evil and annoying af, :sleeping:

Id take her x 2 if i never have to deal with Braham again. Do you hear me anet!!!

I hate Braham now. I can't take his whiny-ness. This topic is about Taimi appreciation though, so is it just me or is her head extra big now? Above the player characters size.

Braham and Taimi needs to be killed off in the next story, urghhhhhh. Worst NPCs ever, they're almost even worse than Trehearne...
almost!
:astonished:Take Rox with them aswell, she's so boring and useless. :grin:

You don't like any of the NPCs do you?

I was just about to type that out. But as you said, this is a Taimi thread about her change in size., stop going off topic Alga

And who was the first who went off-topic and started to talk about Braham, Dante? Stop it yourself.

Taimi will prob be as big as Kalk at the end of LS4, and there you go, Taimi-lovers.She will destory Tyria, so thanks y'all.

@"Doctor Hide.6345" said:Woah, slow down there. I love Taimi. Her and Canach are two of my favourite NPCs in the game. I like smart mouthed characters who have no problem speaking their mind.

Yes, especially the ones who are full of themselves and treat everyone like their lap dog (and, most of the time, show zero respect nor real empathy for anyone else). In real life, those are usually called sociopaths. ;) Also, gotta "love" the infantile humor (not!). :angry:

I could have done without the ridiculous Asuran walky-talky device myself that the devs apparently never grow tired to use as a "comic relief" (more like really bad standup comedy).

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Id rather majory and kasmeer get killed off because they were utterly useless since day one, Braham im willing to forgive after I beat him around a little and make him fear me. Canach, taimi and Rytlock are perfectly fine and should stay....

Canach and Rytlock, sorry, 'Cuddles', are the only two I actually like now. Jory and Kas are just utterly dull and do very little. Braham became completely annoying after the death of Eir and pretty much pulled a "You're not my real mom, I hate you!" runaway act. I liked Taimi until she became a Mary Sue and before long we might well have to fight Mecha Taimi.

I knew she grew as the story progressed, but never noticed the growth spurt was that much!

Taimi is easily my favourite character in the game, her dialogues and scenes are the most enjoyable bits of the story to me. Checking in with her between missions at the radio points were my favourite parts of PoF.

In fact I would be happy to pay for some random dlc missions in which we just help Taimi out with experiments or research around her lab or something. Would be a great chance to just hear more of her sarcasm, humour and wit.

She's an Asura who is not afraid to admit she doesn't know something or isn't sure what her inventions will do. That, in my book, makes her better and infinitely more likable than the rest of her entire arrogant and misguided race. "We're better and smarter than anyone and should be the rulers of everyone and everything". Seriously? Go back to your underground caves and go beep yourself. xD

@holodoc.5748 said:Well, Taimi is officially part of Destiny's Child 2.0 (pun indented) so she is probably gonna stick with us for a bit longer. Either way her writing has been considerably improved in PoF, mostly as part of comic relief though. I actually giggled at some of her jokes. For example after the personal story is complete you can find her and Scruffy 2.0 at the top of the pyramids in Amnoon where she prank calls Phlunt. Pretty hilarious.

I didnt know about this. But now im about to go do this.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:degenerative disease's side effects...

You know, I kind of wonder about that. Her suit is injecting her with blighting fluid, correct? Could her current size be a side effect of that?

Wait, where/when are we told that her suit has blighting fluid?

@Static.9841 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Id rather majory and kasmeer get killed off because they were utterly useless since day one, Braham im willing to forgive after I beat him around a little and make him fear me. Canach, taimi and Rytlock are perfectly fine and should stay....

Canach and Rytlock, sorry, 'Cuddles', are the only two I actually like now. Jory and Kas are just utterly dull and do very little. Braham became completely annoying after the death of Eir and pretty much pulled a "You're not my real mom, I hate you!" runaway act. I liked Taimi until she became a Mary Sue and before long we might well have to fight Mecha Taimi.

Praise Mecha Taimi!

@etsubmariner.4690 said:If you like tween dialogue, go Team Taimi (which also includes Braham). if you like adult dialogue, go Team Rytlock.

I don't know if he's any more "adult", though. A good chunk of Rytlock's dialogue is just snarky one-liners and attempts to deflect (kind of similar to most other characters).

"Rush 'em and crush 'em!""We slash, smash, and trash!""Now I wish I had my blindfold to dab your tears."

He does have his mature, thoughtful moments, of course. But so does Taimi.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@etsubmariner.4690 said:If you like tween dialogue, go Team Taimi (which also includes Braham). if you like adult dialogue, go Team Rytlock.

I don't know if he's any more "adult", though. A good chunk of Rytlock's dialogue is just snarky one-liners and attempts to deflect (kind of similar to most other characters).

"Rush 'em and crush 'em!""We slash, smash, and trash!""Now I wish I had my blindfold to dab your tears."

He does have his mature, thoughtful moments, of course. But so does Taimi.

I'd argue that there's nothing "adult" about Rytlock but I'll admit I'm biased in my dislike for him. :x

Is this some sort of new Jason Todd incident again? Do we have to vote to kill a character now? :3

• 3 weeks later...

@OriOri.8724 said:I love the detail here, taking the time to make her bigger in each episode! I do sometimes miss the old, tiny Taimi though. I wish we could get a mini taimi that is the same size she is during HoT story, same outfit, and walks around with her LWS2 limp.

Yes, we got a couple in S3 but the closest we got before that was Scruffy. If they kept her to scale she would be REALLY small but there were a few S2 scenes where she was perfect.

Archived