Which class dies the most in world vs world?

grave of hearts.7830

@Gop.8713 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:If you die in wvw as a memer or thief you are obviously lousy at playing that class. Those who voted that: pls, delete.

Why delete? How do you know they weren't just voting that lots of mes/thief players are bad . . ?

Well, apparently high stealth mobility = immortality. If they die even with them god stats then they should delete them self

Necro/ Scourge DO have defences but they are Not Applied to the build in this current meta. The current meta dictates that they run Power Curses . A pure damage build running FULL Berzerker armour ,weapons and Scholar runes . Also in a zerg with the current meta they OUT NUMBER all other classes. A typical Meta zerg can consist of as many as 50% necro/scourge. Do the math. Of course they are going to die the most. Once they are separated from the main group that is CARRYING them they get picked off . So don't make this out that the Necro is a victim off balance changes . PUT SOME FREAKING ARMOUR ON IF YOU DON"T WANT TO DIE!!!!!!!

43% of all users need to lose forum privileges. This isn't a question of opinion.

There's a reason necro is 90% of the time the first target in fights, they have little to no mobility, few stunbreaks, close to 0 stab. Even if you build tanky it isn't gonna help you survive if you're being focused by a few good players, or a lot of bad players. Necro is like a show hp sponge, sure it takes like 50k dmg to kill one but they will rarely actually get away.

Some patches the class makes up for it by being an offensive powerhouse other patches it doesn't.

@Svarty.8019 said:What's meta? I don't keep up. It's going to be either guardian or necro.

If every group has 1-2 guardians and only 1 necro, then 2 guardians are dying for each necro.

But I concur with the poll - necro has no defenses and thus dies a lot.

This person gets it.Guardians may be sturdier than necros, but they're still dying as often if you wipe them in a zerg. Guardians should be at lowest #2 on this poll.

~ Kovu

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Idk really, the answer varies wildly for different reasons.

No it doesnt necro has the worst survivability since ever and anet does nothing about this.

It doesn't, but good job playing a victim :D

'Necromancer Profession are not playing the victim. In fact, Necromancer Profession are a victim of their design'

-we have no control of our design and our circumstances. We are design this way... to be the The Punching Bag Profession-

so we are the first one to be targeted and are the first one to die

so much for playing the victim right :(

necros need a team to be carried. warrior was here once pre hot and hot. scourge needs a bit of redesign

well, according to my damage numbers, most players who eat my meteors are necros and firebrands, followed by revs. Considering that these three make the bulk of every zerg, I guess one of these three is the most killed class. Does not matter if it is easy to kill or not: many of them in one spot, taking damage, plenty of them die.

@Kovu.7560 said:Guardian should have votes, there's more of them in the gamemode than any profession other than necromancer. Doesn't matter how tanky they are, there are still more of them to kill.

~ Kovu

Most zerggroups i see have 1 guard and 2 necros in each subgroup.Both are slow af, but most guards play tankstats, while necros go for dmg, and guard has more active defenses than necro.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Kovu.7560" said:Guardian should have votes, there's more of them in the gamemode than any profession other than necromancer. Doesn't matter how tanky they are, there are still
more
of them
to
kill.

~ Kovu

Most zerggroups i see have 1 guard and 2 necros in each subgroup.Both are slow af, but most guards play tankstats, while necros go for dmg, and guard has more active defenses than necro.

Agreed, hence the "other than necromancer".

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Guardian should have votes, there's more of them in the gamemode than any profession other than necromancer. Doesn't matter how tanky they are, there are still
more
of them
to
kill.

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Different people voted differently on this poll. Even I realized immediately after voting that I voted slightly different than what the poll was actually asking. Not surprising guard didn't get votes if you understand how most people view them, unkillable support bunkers.

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Guardian should have votes, there's more of them in the gamemode than any profession other than necromancer. Doesn't matter how tanky they are, there are still
more
of them
to
kill.

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Why are you not voting for necro then, if they die the most?

@"lodjur.1284" said:43% of all users need to lose forum privileges. This isn't a question of opinion.

There's a reason necro is 90% of the time the first target in fights, they have little to no mobility, few stunbreaks, close to 0 stab. Even if you build tanky it isn't gonna help you survive if you're being focused by a few good players, or a lot of bad players. Necro is like a show hp sponge, sure it takes like 50k dmg to kill one but they will rarely actually get away.

Some patches the class makes up for it by being an offensive powerhouse other patches it doesn't.

BS!!!!!Necro has plenty stun breaks like any class . Necrotic Traversal ,Plague Signe, Spectral Armor ,Spectral Walk ,Well of Power , "You Are All Weaklings!" ,Trail of AnguishNecro has as many speed traits and speed skills as any class . Signet of the Locust and Quickening ThirstNecro has plenty healing in the form of Life LeechAlso necros have more condi removal than any class .Stop playing the Meta necro and trait properly then you will survive better.

@RedShark.9548 said:

more
of them
to
kill.

~ Kovu

~ Kovu

Why are you not voting for necro then, if they die the most?

Because everyone and their dog posting in this thread seem to forget guardians are a thing when voting for professions like thieves, elementalists, rangers etc. Its a pity vote. See Svarty's post to see why.

~ Kovu

@Mokk.2397 said:

@"lodjur.1284" said:43% of all users need to lose forum privileges. This isn't a question of opinion.

BS!!!!!Necro has plenty stun breaks like any class . Necrotic Traversal ,Plague Signe, Spectral Armor ,Spectral Walk ,Well of Power , "You Are All Weaklings!" ,Trail of AnguishNecro has as many speed traits and speed skills as any class . Signet of the Locust and Quickening ThirstNecro has plenty healing in the form of Life LeechAlso necros have more condi removal than any class .Stop playing the Meta necro and trait properly then you will survive better.

Life leech huh?How much is that coefficient again?

@grave of hearts.7830 said:

Each life steal heals for a specific amount. Some life steals scale off of healing power while others don't. There are plenty of necro skills and traits that do this Put something in healing and spec your build accordingly . As I said stop expecting others to carry you and build for more self reliance.

@Mokk.2397 said:

BS!!!!!Necro has plenty stun breaks like any class . Necrotic Traversal ,Plague Signe, Spectral Armor ,Spectral Walk ,Well of Power , "You Are All Weaklings!" ,Trail of Anguish

Stunbreak that needs setupMediocre skill that sucks in the power metaSpectral armor is good, but only cause it allows you to pretend you have active defenses by popping it before shroud, so generally on cd given it has a long one.Spectral walk sucks unless you're outnumbering your enemyWell of power has super long cd, it's decent thoWeaklings doesn't really do anything elseTrail is scourge which you can't really run outside of zergs anymore

Necro has as many speed traits and speed skills as any class . Signet of the Locust and Quickening Thirst

If i was desperate enough to consider blood magic just for quickening I'd just get runes with movement speed, but 25% movement speed does nothing, given that most people have swiftness (yourself included). Also doesn't help with repositioning when you get caught and immob/cripple/chill/stun/pull spammed.

It has 0 teleports that don't require setup

Worm has casttime, spectral walk needs you to have a location prepared, sand portal has a loong casttime especially given it's only 900 range (and can't handle any terrain).

1 leap, that is short range and kinda slow (reaper shroud 2, normal shroud 2 is offensive and doesn't count)

Necro has plenty healing in the form of Life Leech

No. This is just incorrect, besides if your healing is tied to attacking you can't use it when you need to bunker down or reposition, not to mention how small those "heals" are. The only thing resembling life steal healing is parasitic contagion (which only works on scourge, which is such an underpowered sad joke outside of zergs, and then you give up your best trait and the healing is meh) or blighters boon on power reaper but yet again you hamstring your damage and none of your skills will land cause sloow.

Also necros have more condi removal than any class .

IncorrectHealing scrapper def has moreWarrior can easily have more depending on setupFirebrand arguably

Necro has the heal with long cast time (that is still amazing tbh, but not exactly reliable)Staff 4Dagger 4Plague SignetWell of PowerScourge f2

You would never really run staff and dagger together, power would never run either. Both are also dodgeable/invulnerable, dagger 4 is reflectable and blockable.

Plague signet is mediocre

Well of power is fervent but long cooldown

Stop playing the Meta necro and trait properly then you will survive better.

0 sources of invulnerability/evade /block, this is actually unique, no other class has nothing.

1 real source of stab (shroud 3 on reaper or trail on scourge), well of power is 1 sec and foot in the grave is a joke.

I can survive on the class (or i could when i actually played it at any rate, but now why bother playing something that gets nuked every patch cause developers refuse to remove AoE caps and creates an environment where scourge is overpowered and will stay that way even after it gets nuked 3 more times), but there's no way it isn't the easiest class to focus down by a huge margin.

The solution to surviving on necro is usually just to get a friend to babysit you, which I am okay with I generally prefer running 2-4 people over solo anyway.

It is a fact that necro has the weakest active defenses in the game, imo it's not an issue as long as the class can compensate in some other way. But saying anything else is just incorrect

@Mokk.2397 said:

Each life steal heals for a specific amount. Some life steals scale off of healing power while others don't. There are plenty of necro skills and traits that do this Put something in healing and spec your build accordingly . As I said stop expecting others to carry you and build for more self reliance.

Sure,just link me the coefficients and explain to me how much difference it will make against a CoR or a rapid fire or mesmer macro shatter combo.

@Jaruselka.5943 said:Core engie was sacrificed on the elite specialization altar. They gutted the class to prevent the Scrapper and Holo from being OP. Remember kids: vanilla classes don’t sell expansions.

Core Engi may suck, but it has better survival options than Necro. Traited Rocket Boots alone will give you a mega-boost to escapability. Necro has Wurm (killable) and SWalk jukes (outbrainable). The poll isn't about overall viability, but simply which class dies the most.

@"Mokk.2397" said:Necro/ Scourge DO have defences but they are Not Applied to the build in this current meta. The current meta dictates that they run Power Curses . A pure damage build running FULL Berzerker armour ,weapons and Scholar runes . Also in a zerg with the current meta they OUT NUMBER all other classes. A typical Meta zerg can consist of as many as 50% necro/scourge. Do the math. Of course they are going to die the most. Once they are separated from the main group that is CARRYING them they get picked off . So don't make this out that the Necro is a victim off balance changes . PUT SOME FREAKING ARMOUR ON IF YOU DON"T WANT TO DIE!!!!!!!

That's a pretty stupid argument. The scourges are there "only" for the boon strip, not for the damage. They don't choose to run berserker, the meta demands it, as Firebrands run minstrel. You have to bring a high number of scourges because they are the only counter to the boon spreading meta. More scourges means "less damage" because you can't stack more Revs or Eles - which always should be way higher in damage than scourges. To avoid carrying a class around that makes a high percentage of your zerg and deals low damage (you already do this with FB) you need to make them deal damage and you do this by making scourges super squishy.

You can cry all that you want about scourges. They aren't the reason for this shitty meta - they are a band-aid against it. But hey, it's what all the clueless people wanted. A high burst power and boon spam meta. Now you gotta deal with it.

The logical decision by Anet has to be to tone all power classes down massively and fix the boon problem.