From the ‘update news’

Strider Pj.2193

@Adzekul.3104 said:The good from this post (for WvW):

1. WvW power scaling / balance update.
  2. Dev resources available for, and wanting to work on competitive game mode balance.
  3. On-going communication.

The bad from this post (for WvW):

1. No mention of Alliances at all (sadface).
  2. Endless changes to Warclaw (angryface). This is now an endless project. Warclaw is fine. Please stop listening to the whiners on forums who do not even play WvW.

No offense, but I can't wait till Alliances come out and see what people will complain about afterwards.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much bitterness in this thread. Everyone complaining about WvW being dead (though it doesn't seem so to me) and then getting angry about changes that appeal to new WvW players, like the Warclaw. Doesn't it occur to anyone that the number of players would naturally decrease over time as the game gets older and people get bored of doing the same thing over and over again?

I'm sad to hear that the Warclaw might get slower in owned territory. I think the current situation is quite nice.

The game is old.It's holiday season and people are spending time with family.

Get over it with blaming game mechanics for people leaving. People always leave games over time, no matter what. Those who like to stick around will be here and new ones will join. Others, enjoy the next game or real life; whatever takes you away.

@XenesisII.1540 said:There should still be risk to running around solo in your zerg build, a zerg support guard is terrible in a solo fight but is highly needed in any group, there's a trade off there, it's up to you to not put yourself in situations you're not suited for. There is a point to killing a zergling running back to their zerg, it's not for gratification, it's to kill the reinforcements so your side has a better chance to win whatever fighting they were running back to.

The only people who would complain about getting ganked while running back to fight in zerg builds are people who go in a straight line from spawn to fight and want everyone to ignore them until they get back to their zerg. Knowing the terrain, the area you control, and shortcuts, using scouting information, and maneuvering around enemies is part of the game, that open world part of wvw should not be ignored and taken away because people are too lazy to figure things out.

So much this.

Also leave mount stomp alone please, it's one of the few mechanics that actually help a smaller group win against a larger one.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:There should still be risk to running around solo in your zerg build, a zerg support guard is terrible in a solo fight but is highly needed in any group, there's a trade off there, it's up to you to not put yourself in situations you're not suited for. There is a point to killing a zergling running back to their zerg, it's not for gratification, it's to kill the reinforcements so your side has a better chance to win whatever fighting they were running back to.

The only people who would complain about getting ganked while running back to fight in zerg builds are people who go in a straight line from spawn to fight and want everyone to ignore them until they get back to their zerg. Knowing the terrain, the area you control, and shortcuts, using scouting information, and maneuvering around enemies is part of the game, that open world part of wvw should not be ignored and taken away because people are too lazy to figure things out.

Especially with templates. That"was in a zerg build" excuse doesn't really fly anymore

@Opal.9324 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Yet more disappointing decision-making by the developers. It's just sad that they prioritise the gankers instead of normal people.Yeah, this. The only people mad about the warclaw are gankers who don't like that they actually have to put a little effort into preying on people now instead of just casually butchering them.

The only people happy about the warclaw are gank groups who like that they don't have to put any effort into running down solo players that are stuck in combat instead of that person actually having a chance to get away.

Isn't it easier to avoid them entirely with the warclaw and not have this situation entirely?

@Ben K.6238 said:

@"AlexXI.2584" said:what is extremely amusing, i never play GW1 so I didin't now that, but I 'd like to see it

Go to about 1:10.. ?

Lol it's a clicker.

That said, siege turtles straight out of GW1 might actually be an interesting addition to WvW. Kind of like a golem piloted by a NPC.

Mobile mortars would be fun.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Yet more disappointing decision-making by the developers. It's just sad that they prioritise the gankers instead of normal people.Yeah, this. The only people mad about the warclaw are gankers who don't like that they actually have to put a little effort into preying on people now instead of just casually butchering them.

The only people happy about the warclaw are gank groups who like that they don't have to put any effort into running down solo players that are stuck in combat instead of that person actually having a chance to get away.

That's not a gank group. That's hey we finally got to chase that guy down that tried to pick off the tail 17 times. What makes less sense it watching 5 guys on mounts have to chase a dude unmounted across half the map cause unmounted players should be able to outrun 5 mounts/survive. The same guys that got away every single time pre mounts and will again most likely with the next warclaw nerf.

Funny how when a roamer ganks a zergling, it's some horrible crime, but when a group ganks a roamer it's not a gank and the roamer somehow brought it upon themselves. Maybe those 5 players should try doing something useful instead of chasing 1 random guy across the map?

No my bad of course you should be able to rapid fire the guy who falls behind and get away every single time and never ever get chased. I only chase that ranger sb or mez that harasses the tail and certain guilds i don't like members that try to escape when we wiped 90 percent of them. No one should get away every single time like pre mounts. I'm a reaper I never get away. It is useful typically that player logs off after in a rage like why the eff these guys chase me across the map. mounts are so unfair

My build can't "rapid fire" anyone, as I run somewhat tanky to avoid getting one-shot by other roamers. I also don't usually harass the tail, as I prefer fighting other roamers and capping stuff. It's usually when I'm doing one of those 2 things that I get chased. I don't think I should get away every time, but I should have a chance to escape instead of being an easy kill for the blob.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:There should still be risk to running around solo in your zerg build, a zerg support guard is terrible in a solo fight but is highly needed in any group, there's a trade off there, it's up to you to not put yourself in situations you're not suited for. There is a point to killing a zergling running back to their zerg, it's not for gratification, it's to kill the reinforcements so your side has a better chance to win whatever fighting they were running back to.

Especially with templates. That"was in a zerg build" excuse doesn't really fly anymore

Isn't it easier to avoid them entirely with the warclaw and not have this situation entirely?

Yes, because I'm special and have the magical power of mounting while in combat.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Remember, people started leaving the mode en-mass prior to HoT when everything was basically back at square 1,

In my experience, same right here, lost a majority of people that I knew from WvW during the nothing that was no changes prior to HoT and people were bored. People can say that changes lose more people but we have already seen that no changes have driven people out in the past.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"AlexXI.2584" said:what is extremely amusing, i never play GW1 so I didin't now that, but I 'd like to see it

Lol it's a clicker.

That said, siege turtles straight out of GW1 might actually be an interesting addition to WvW. Kind of like a golem piloted by a NPC.

Could be worth a discussion or poll.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Lol it's a clicker.

I’ve been asking for a charr panzer Blueprint access in Fire keep, guild that controls Fire can gain access to build one for 300-400 supply.

Moving heavy siege from map takes 15-20 minuts and takes 50 supply.Moving normal golems takes 2 mins per golem tranaported and uses 2 supply per golem.

SMC should be the keep that eases access mounts siege like golems from map to map.

As i tend to say, gw2 lacks depth and has very poor mechanics.

Keeps need to be something thatbgives access to tactics, not just stuff to ktrain...

@Opal.9324 said:

That's not a gank group. That's hey we finally got to chase that guy down that tried to pick off the tail 17 times. What makes less sense it watching 5 guys on mounts have to chase a dude unmounted across half the map cause unmounted players should be able to outrun 5 mounts/survive. The same guys that got away every single time pre mounts and will again most likely with the next warclaw nerf.

Funny how when a roamer ganks a zergling, it's some horrible crime, but when a group ganks a roamer it's not a gank and the roamer somehow brought it upon themselves. Maybe those 5 players should try doing something useful instead of chasing 1 random guy across the map?

No my bad of course you should be able to rapid fire the guy who falls behind and get away every single time and never ever get chased. I only chase that ranger sb or mez that harasses the tail and certain guilds i don't like members that try to escape when we wiped 90 percent of them. No one should get away every single time like pre mounts. I'm a reaper I never get away. It is useful typically that player logs off after in a rage like why the eff these guys chase me across the map. mounts are so unfair

My build can't "rapid fire" anyone, as I run somewhat tanky to avoid getting one-shot by other roamers. I also don't usually harass the tail, as I prefer fighting other roamers and capping stuff. It's usually when I'm doing one of those 2 things that I get chased. I don't think I should get away every time, but I should have a chance to escape instead of being an easy kill for the blob.

If you run more range then another person, why would you need to be equal as 'fast? If you only have range, are as 'fast as me and i close in on you (other then facetankin) i should win...period