the new patch in a nutshell

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is funny they going to nerf CC but damage that doesn't require CC to land are the strongest.warrior hammer literally have it's damage reduced by 50%+, so half of the skills doesn't do any damage.

and like Firebrand axe 2 still does decent damage, daze and heal at the same time.and steal still does damage, daze and does other staff at the same time, they can easily remove mug and steal will still be the best skill in game, but yea..

i encourages impactful skill to be less multifunctional, like when u say CC should be less multifunction, it's steal, bull charge, fb axe 2 that come to our minds,not wild blow that does single target launch at melee range...

also i like damage shave on full counter, but revenge counter: increase full counter damage by 20% xD

All this does is make well telegraphed CC's with long cooldowns like prime light beam completely terrible compared to more spammable less telegraphed CC's like overcharged shot. Factors like cast time, telegraph clarity, cool down, cc duration, and range all should be accounted for when adjusting damage rather than blanket nerfing all of it to negligable just because it has some form of hard CC.

Well can always log in for new living world episode then log off and play other games until next time. Personally I've played since the beta in gw 2 and well even beta in gw 1. These nerfs are terrible it's just going to make the game extremely slow phased. Don't get me wrong there was a power creep that needed adjustment lowering all dmg on every ability across the board with 15-25% would of done the trick. Instead it's 300 sec cd on traits. Every single CC skill doing no dmg while stability is extremely common. Basically making whatever CC skill useless. Lets take a fun example. Hammer Warrior the entire skill-bar is useless if the target has a source of stability. These changes are so extreme towards the wrong side of things. In WvW the problem has always been cheap one shot ability's from stealth, to much evades being spammed and especially with 40% endurance regen food to push it even further and boons lots of boons whatever you do has to give you a little set of boons. But ah well trailblazer sustain condi meta coming up slow phased combat you get more useful ability's that way on your skill-bar while the others just hits even lower at you for even trying.

@Zenix.6198 said:Im okay with the pilosophy that CCs shouldnt do massive dmg.

Reading the reaper shroud #5 made me laugh pretty good tho. 0.01 / 0.015 / 0.02 coefficient tiers are hillarious.This looks like they don't have the ressources to just change the skill mechanic to deal the same amount of damage no matter how much health the target has.

The skill looks dumb (bloated for no reason) now. Someone new to the game won't understand the purpose, because he doesn't know the patch history. I hope they change these confusing things in an upcoming patch.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

• Wild Blow: Reduced power coefficient from 2.5 to 0.01

thanks guys, you're over nerfing things no one even uses.inb4 but power level down.

they nerf damage of all CC skills to 0. for everyone

sigh... the point is nerfing skills that no one uses is entirely counter productive. we could have a ton more choices if the right things get nerfed. instead we will have the same meta, only everyone will be sporting their noodle weapons and politely tapping their enemies on the head. I hope i'm just being cynical here, and they follow up with some buffs to the things that need it, but until they say they will I don't think this patch will be good in the long run. its going to be a tankfest.

Make sure you look at the full patch because they changed more. Rev sword 2 is getting changed. Warrior rifle is getting an ammo system.

That being said some of the CC nerfs are dumb. Executioners Scythe, PLB, Dragons Maw, Glint, Jade Winds, Headbutt, Fierce Blow, Shackling Chains.

I think thief initiative regen should get slowed. Builds like s/d thief are going to be nuts post-patch because their tempos haven't been nerfed.

Who cares if the damage gets nerfed when s/d thief can still use their s3 evade multiple times. And defensive cooldowns have been increased so it's just gonna be incredibly strong.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

thanks guys, you're over nerfing things no one even uses.inb4 but power level down.

sigh... the point is nerfing skills that no one uses is entirely counter productive. we could have a ton more choices if the right things get nerfed. instead we will have the same meta, only everyone will be sporting their noodle weapons and politely tapping their enemies on the head. I hope i'm just being cynical here, and they follow up with some buffs to the things that need it, but until they say they will I don't think this patch will be good in the long run. its going to be a tankfest.

Sure they gave a blanket treatment to skills that people don't use, but if they did not do that then those skills would become the most widely used because they still do good chunks of damage.

In this scenario you still have the option to take either Wild Blow or Bull's Charge. They offer two different things, Bull's Charge has more mobility and utility because of its range and evade, Wild Blow is a harsher CC that can (potentially) affect multiple targets while also giving yourself Fury.

They both still do what they are designed to do, but they can no longer chunk the shit out of someone's health.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:In this scenario you still have the option to take either Wild Blow

you still have the option to use the 5 or so utility skills for every profession that are worth a kitten cuz that's where the game has been since release.

Sure...but this doesn't really change Wild Blow's situation, does it? Bull's Charge won't do damage anymore either with these changes, and every other class has been hit with similar things. Sure in a vacuum it looks strange to give it the same treatment as Headbutt and Bull's Charge...but ultimately if they didn't also include it then it would just be that much stronger of a skill because of it and we'd just be going in the same circle.

As it is with these changes it does not change the purpose someone would use Wild Blow for; the CC and other effects. The damage is an after thought just as I see the damage as an after thought for Bull's Charge. I don't use it for the damage...its for its other effects.

Maybe that means Wild Blow needs addressing in other ways, either changing its activation speed or giving it a shorter cooldown. There are likely a few things that can change with it.

Think of it in the context of the DH Dragon Trap. That also had its damage trivialized because it doesn't need to do a meaty amount of damage, that isn't its purpose. It is meant to lock players within its barrier and slow them. Warrior's Kick utility skill also got similar treatment...do you think many people use that? Do you think many people use Bane Signet on Guardian?

I'm not arguing that Warrior doesn't have some pretty limited choices in terms of utility skills, I'm saying that this doesn't really change where Wild Blow was already at. Again if they had left it as is...that would have just created a problem.

Depends on the proportions of the nerfs really.If a meta weaponset / skill for instance sees a 33% dmg cut and an off-meta weaponset / skill sees a 20% cut, that might already enable the less popular one.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

Yeah I'm really starting to question this "CCs deal no damage" thing. It's... wrong on so many levels.

Cutting CC skill damage by 50% would have been adequate. Having all of these skills dealing 0 damage is just weird man. Not sure it's going to feel good in application. They really need to test server this patch before release.

sigh... the point is nerfing skills that no one uses is entirely counter productive. we could have a ton more choices if the right things get nerfed.

This seems very short sighted. Think about this...if they nerfed every thing except hammer. Then hammer would of became meta hands down, because it would of been the only weapon that used old damage formulas. It would of been very strong in post damage output nerf world. I don't think its hard to understand. How this will all work out is anyone's guess at this time. We honestly do not know. GW2 will be a very different game from what I seen from the patch notes.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:All this does is make well telegraphed CC's with long cooldowns like prime light beam completely terrible compared to more spammable less telegraphed CC's like overcharged shot. Factors like cast time, telegraph clarity, cool down, cc duration, and range all should be accounted for when adjusting damage rather than blanket nerfing all of it to negligable just because it has some form of hard CC.

Totally agree with this, but my guess is they're just making tabula rasa then start over little by little. I think that reset is refreshing and i hope it will lead to more healthy gameplay updates.

I don't get why people keep saying nothing will ever die when healing, Stability and stunbreak were heavily nerfed too. A tanking meta would happen if they'd only nerfed damage, but that didn't happen, they nerfed everything equally.

Literally your defensive stats just mean something now, and you can be disabled without being destroyed.

@Aza.2105 said:snips

you could've picked a better option for your argument, no one in their right mind is going to use hammer anymore if anyone even did. I get what you're saying but you're the one who doesn't understand. so op things get nerfed, some up things that didn't get nerfed become more attractive options. except too many of those options are still unusable because of how bad they are. they could follow up in the future with buffs to these useless things which I hope they will.

Hammer

• Autoattack Chain: Reduced power coefficients from 0.9/0.9/1.2 to 0.6/0.6/0.8
  • Fierce Blow: Reduced base power coefficient from 1.8 to 0.77. Reduced power coefficient vs controlled foes from 2.16 to 1.82. Reduced weakness duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 6 seconds to 4 seconds
  • Hammer Shock: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.7
  • Staggering Blow: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01
  • Backbreaker: Reduced power coefficient from 1.5 to 0.01
  • Earthshaker: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Yeah I'm really starting to question this "CCs deal no damage" thing. It's... wrong on so many levels.

Cutting CC skill damage by 50% would have been adequate. Having all of these skills dealing 0 damage is just weird man. Not sure it's going to feel good in application. They really need to test server this patch before release.

yeah theres not much incentive to actually dodge those cc skills anymore if they do no damage and if everything is getting nerfed damage wise. so theres not much incentive to use those cc skills anymore on the majority of skills unless the cd is short like @ArthurDent said above. I think damage mitigation stacking is going to become the new meta, so tankfest inc. that said the new team has proven they have the balls to make changes so I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf that too. I don't disagree with nerfing the damage on cc skills don't get me wrong there, but these nerfs are ridiculous putting the damage on meme levels. idk man, changes.