200g for a reward track

Notsoperky.4291

23 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There isn't any bullying here. If you don't want to pay, you don't get to unlock. That's not a problem; players get choices, heaps of them. The unlock cost is there to ensure the value of mount skins in the GS remains relevant. I'm sure your narrowminded view regards that as unreasonable ... I'm also sure how you regard Anet's business practices has no relation to what is actually happening and why. 

I remember facing the exact same attitude like yours before, like people called me narrow-minded beacuse I defended against p2w and illicit business practices of another game 10+ years ago, and here we are. I'll just print what you wrote here and frame it, hang it on my wall and laugh at it daily as soon as game consumers get solid protection against these brainwashing business practices by the govt. Until then, yeah selling a reward is totally fine in a game you can convert real money to in game currency. It's perfectly fine to pay £10 for a mount skin. Which is actually a reward. But you pay for it. But again it's a reward. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Until then, yeah selling a reward is totally fine in a game you can convert real money to in game currency. It's perfectly fine to pay £10 for a mount skin. Which is actually a reward. But you pay for it. But again it's a reward. 

OK ... but that doesn't change what I said... you aren't paying for a reward to unlock the track, you are simply paying for access to do the track. What you get from doing the track isn't something you bought ... that's dependent on a player finishing the track.

There is a reason that cost is there ... and it's a reasonable one. In fact, it's no different than charging people for an expansion or any other content. I think what I'm seeing in this thread is people think they are entitled to content because to be frank, how Anet packages much of their content makes it appear like they are not charging for it. But they are, you just don't make that association. 

I mean, if you think Anet shouldn't charge players for access to new track lines, I would love to hear why ... As far as I'm concerned ... it's new content they introduced to the game .. it's their prerogative to charge for it, and MORE than reasonably (graciously even) with IG currencies at that. Until then, the only problem I see here is entitled players, not 'dishonourable' business practices. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Dude.

Its ok for you to complain about this topic.

Its NOT ok to necro post an almost 500 days old topic.

Next time, dont be lazy and create new post.

You do get there are also people in these forums who will bust his balls for creating a post that alrdy was talked about 18months ago like one about fishing was reported and merged so you can't win either way.

I don't get why the fact he necroed something bothers you or the fact that a topic gets discussed again or any of the reasons some of you complain. If you have a comment about the topic great if you want to enforce the rules of the forums apply for a moderator job

• Like 1

Because thread necroing is an internet faux pas. Using the search function and finding the discussion and reading the resolution is generally better than thread necroing. Making a duplicate post is also a faux pas, but that is up to the forum moderator to police.

In this case Anet seems thread necroing to be okay, but duplicates not okay. Still doesn't change the fact that thread necroing is faux pas.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

You do get there are also people in these forums who will bust his balls for creating a post that alrdy was talked about 18months ago like one about fishing was reported and merged so you can't win either way.

I don't get why the fact he necroed something bothers you or the fact that a topic gets discussed again or any of the reasons some of you complain. If you have a comment about the topic great if you want to enforce the rules of the forums apply for a moderator job

Believe me i WISH i could.

I would change it so any topic that doesnt get a reply in 10 days gets closed.

And it it baffles me that Necro Posting is enforced.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

41 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Because thread necroing is an internet faux pas. Using the search function and finding the discussion and reading the resolution is generally better than thread necroing. Making a duplicate post is also a faux pas, but that is up to the forum moderator to police.

In this case Anet seems thread necroing to be okay, but duplicates not okay. Still doesn't change the fact that thread necroing is faux pas.

I actually agree. I'd rather a new thread then an old one where I'd have to read 100 comments before getting to the recent and if I didn't notice I might reply to a year old comment and that person would be like wtf. 

When anet says duplicates it probably meant within days and weeks of each other to not clog up the forums like the ember bay JP popped up 4 times or more this week but some members are always " this topic was discussed before" "use the search feature" etc. So then you try and search and reply and get banged by others for necroing. Typically with necroing at least noone reports you just look at it and go why this dude reply to a 2 year old post but with duplicates they report you then your thread gets merged with a 2 year old post anyway defeating the purpose.

That bothers me more because maybe not everyone was around 2 years ago and may want to discuss this topic because to them it's the first time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

Another Anet's dishonourable business practice case swept under the mat in time.

Let me remind you:

You can't call it a reward when you sell it!

Btw the reason it's 200g is you get a Warclaw skin plus maybe 80g back and other rewards. Most basic mount skins will run you 400 gems so getting this for like 120g is less and totally optional. I did it and prefer this skin to the original but others might not or would actually spend more like some premium mount skins are 2000 gems and I only get those if I get lucky from a BL key.

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I give my respects.

Going to all of that effort to proof me wrong.

Btw, when the 200g are that much of a problem, i can give it.

You are an absolute legend. No need mate thanks. It's like your favourite football club wins a world cup but then the authorities say you can only get this reward by buying it. I'm here to fight against this logic. False adverts. 😄

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Hi there.

@artharon.9276

One way or another, nobody forces anyone to spend any gold. You don't think it's worth it? Then don't buy it.

Bla bla bla? Bla bla. Ok buddy, I don't feel forced thanks though.

2 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

I actually agree. I'd rather a new thread then an old one where I'd have to read 100 comments before getting to the recent and if I didn't notice I might reply to a year old comment and that person would be like wtf. 

When anet says duplicates it probably meant within days and weeks of each other to not clog up the forums like the ember bay JP popped up 4 times or more this week but some members are always " this topic was discussed before" "use the search feature" etc. So then you try and search and reply and get banged by others for necroing. Typically with necroing at least noone reports you just look at it and go why this dude reply to a 2 year old post but with duplicates they report you then your thread gets merged with a 2 year old post anyway defeating the purpose.

That bothers me more because maybe not everyone was around 2 years ago and may want to discuss this topic because to them it's the first time.

I'm sorry I forgot people can't focus and read anything these days.

Anet really should find a way to transfer forums' content to Instagram asap. 

2 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Btw the reason it's 200g is you get a Warclaw skin plus maybe 80g back and other rewards. Most basic mount skins will run you 400 gems so getting this for like 120g is less and totally optional. I did it and prefer this skin to the original but others might not or would actually spend more like some premium mount skins are 2000 gems and I only get those if I get lucky from a BL key.

That's ok, I trust the calculation is perfect. And the math renders Anets innocent. 

Let me "necro" another topic of another game. ESO's orsinium DLC. They said there will be a bear mount reward, published screenshots, talked about it, then the DLC delayed a little bit. After it's released, we found that our bear mounts are in the cash store exclusive mounts section.

What Anet does is nothing compared to what Zenimax did, at least it's not a PR disaster but it's exact same thing.

Designed content to reward players, then a marketing genius found a way to exploit the weaknesses of gamers so they can cut more game content that you already purchased, and sell it again to you. ka-ching. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

I'm here to fight against this logic. False adverts. 😄

There isn't any logic to fight ... Anet can introduce new content at whatever cost they want and you can earn rewards from it. It's a standard approach to ... anything. Calling this false advertising is absurd. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There isn't any logic to fight ... Anet can introduce new content at whatever cost they want and you can earn rewards from it. It's a standard approach to ... anything. Calling this false advertising is absurd. 

Agreed on disagreement. Buying a reward for 200g is ok for you and it's ok, I totally understand your view, budget, probably have more time or time efficency or maybe a better group to see the pricetag cheap too. But, this is a disguised gemstore wvw pack for me. I don't remember paying extra for pvp related rewards in any other no p2w mmo. Even lotro, an agressively monetized game, has red lines when it comes to rewarding pvp. You can't buy rank 9 black horse for instance, you have to earn it. 

No matter what, a reward isn't a reward when it's sold. It doesn't work that way. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Agreed on disagreement. Buying a reward for 200g is ok for you and it's ok, I totally understand your view, budget, probably have more time or time efficency or maybe a better group to see the pricetag cheap too. But, this is a disguised gemstore wvw pack for me. I don't remember paying extra for pvp related rewards in any other no p2w mmo. Even lotro, an agressively monetized game, has red lines when it comes to rewarding pvp. You can't buy rank 9 black horse for instance, you have to earn it. 

No matter what, a reward isn't a reward when it's sold. It doesn't work that way. 

Stop obsessing over the word "reward". The reward traks are just extra stuff you get from playing certain modes to give you extra gold per hour because pvp and wvw aren't equal to gold per hour of pve. This "reward" trak is "optional" and I was the only one to give you a decent non-bully answer and you still were a miserable person replying so I'll just block you cause reading the "I'm going to play victim" but at the same time be completely rude and condescending to every single reply like somehow you are undeniably right. The "reward" in the title of the "optional trak" is not some kind of anet prey tactic to trick everyone but you. You look at the price and decide if you would like that skin or not. Simple.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

You're right, it doesn't work this way because the reward isn't sold. What is sold is access to the track. There isn't anything nefarious going on here ... Anet creates content and they can sell it how they see fit to players. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

Who ever said you'll get a free mount skin that somehow you tricked yourself into thinking they owed you one?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Who ever said you'll get a free mount skin that somehow you tricked yourself into thinking they owed you one?

Never really asked anything to be free. And yes, you pay money for games and games reward you that's my expectation as a normal person. But I believe as a mobile games generation person buying a reward is perfectly fine by you. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Stop obsessing over the word "reward". The reward traks are just extra stuff you get from playing certain modes to give you extra gold per hour because pvp and wvw aren't equal to gold per hour of pve. This "reward" trak is "optional" and I was the only one to give you a decent non-bully answer and you still were a miserable person replying so I'll just block you cause reading the "I'm going to play victim" but at the same time be completely rude and condescending to every single reply like somehow you are undeniably right. The "reward" in the title of the "optional trak" is not some kind of anet prey tactic to trick everyone but you. You look at the price and decide if you would like that skin or not. Simple.

not obessed around reward "traks" 

I'm obsessed with people blindly defend the idead of buying a reward.

Block me as you like, good for you, denial is the first step for the redemption. 

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Never really asked anything to be free.

Then what are you asking for? What exactly is your point/wish here?

And yes, you pay money for games and games reward you that's my expectation as a normal person. But I believe as a mobile games generation person buying a reward is perfectly fine by you. 

So every time you buy anything from ingame npcs (or trade any ingame currency for anything else, which is still "buying"), you're absolutely shattered because you had to spend ingame currency for ingame stuff in an mmorpg? And if you're not then that makes you a "mobile games generation person that buys the reward"?  🤔  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, artharon.9276 said:

This is the truth.

Until our govts destroy these business practices, thanks for the conversation.

Except there is no reason for the 'gov't to destroy this business practice. It's how lots of businesses work and it's not unreasoanble for them to do so. Businesses create content, people can buy it. That's true in an MMO, it's true of many industries. The premise that it's unreasonable for a business to sell you content or access to that content is absurd, so your view of what is happening here is making you look very entitled. 

I honestly don't get what is enraging you here. Anet created content that they charge a price for. What is so unreasonable about that? 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

Never really asked anything to be free. And yes, you pay money for games and games reward you that's my expectation as a normal person. But I believe as a mobile games generation person buying a reward is perfectly fine by you. 

I'm definitely not a "mobile games generation person". I started playing games in the late 70s. Yet,  I'm perfectly fine with how this game handles things, because I bring my own sensibilities to it and stick with them. You can do that. One of my gaming principles is to never pay real money for anything in-game related. Not because I'm cheap, but because I strongly feel that buying your way defeats the purpose of gaming as I've been doing for over 4 decades. I've never spent a penny on this game other than to buy the base game and its expansions.

This reward track is the same as anything else in the game: gather resources, spend resources, receive benefit. I don't see even a hint of a problem. Any real non-"mobile games generation person" shouldn't have a problem. So what is your actual problem? Too much effort earning 200 gold?

• Like 2