Dreamwalker Scythe should be a Greatsword skin.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I would like to see skins that apply to multiple weapon types or even skins for different weapon types that look identical. Upon unlocking the skin you choose which weapon type you unlock it for. Just me?

If a Black Lion skin was used for multiple weapons, the only correct solution would be for it to unlock for all those weapon together.

I like the idea of scythe skins for greatswords. Ever since we got the Draconic Staff, which looks like the Draconic Scythe from GW1 I've been thinking about re-creating my dervish, but the only professions which use a staff as a melee weapon are revenant and thief with the daredevil spec and I don't think either of those fit how I played dervish. If there were scythe greatswords I'd have a lot more options.

Danikat does have a point.However, someone else also mentioned that a scythe skin on a mesmer sword wouldn't look appropriate.Still, you'd only use it if you want to. No one is forcing you to use the skin.I know, it's an obvious observation.But hear this.A lot of people still confuse Dervish with Reaper, as if they were the same thing.A lot of classes use GS, doesn't make them all equal warriors.My point is, if they did place a proper scythe with an dervish elite spec, it would be totally different than necro reaper.

Dervishes practiced Mysticism, along with worshipping certain elements too, such as Wind and Earth.So I kinda agree with the person that mentioned above that the Dervish ES, if it ever comes to fruition, would be better suited or just as equal to an elementalist as for a Necromancer.

Because necros already have their scythe like speciality, I'd say give it to eles.Alternatively, Revs could be a good candidate too. But then, their staff moves with a scythe skin already kinda makes them dervishes.

If we are sticking to skins, well, then why not have them for GS too?I'd say yes please.

This is one of the rare occasions where there's actually a skin on the gemstore that I really like, the dagger of it looks great too. I'm just not sure if the scythe would look right on my ele, far as I've seen on YouTube the energy bit only comes out when wielded which is good, but just not sure if it'd look right with the attack animations on a human ele.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I would like to see skins that apply to multiple weapon types or even skins for different weapon types that look identical. Upon unlocking the skin you choose which weapon type you unlock it for. Just me?

If a Black Lion skin was used for multiple weapons, the only correct solution would be for it to unlock for
all
those weapon
together

That would depend on the price. I want a lower price personally so I would prefer the one unlock. It's more about the option so I can use it on the weapon I want and not pay extra for another skin unlock I may not even use.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

If a Black Lion skin was used for multiple weapons, the only correct solution would be for it to unlock for
all
those weapon
together

That would depend on the price. I want a lower price personally so I would prefer the one unlock. It's more about the option so I can use it on the weapon I want and not pay extra for another skin unlock I may not even use.

If I pay for a skin, I pay for a skin, not a weapon.It doesn't matter how many weapons I can apply it to, it's just one single cosmetic thing.

I think you guys are forgetting something: Attack Skill animations. If a Scythe or some other pole-arm skin was used on a greatsword, it would still use greatsword attack animations, which wouldn't match the weapon being used. While the hilts of GW2's greatswords are pretty ridiculous, they still aren't held and swung the same as a real pole-arm. Both hands would be situated near the bottom off the shaft instead of one hand near the bottom and the other near the middle. How soon would there be calls to create new animations for these scythe-greatswords....for each class that uses them?

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:I'd rather have an actual Scythe weapon category and have it replace Greatsword on Reaper.

This. We're about 6 years overdue for more weapon variety.

I also agree.But then you get the usual balance issues, time and resources, etc... arguments, that you always get everytime someone suggests it.

I think devs are well more than capable.However, the decision making people might not want it, for reasons that we may never know.

But I say this...How many insisted with so much conviction that Cantha would never happen... and what do you know?It's on its way.