Transmutation charge in pve

Its kind of sad that the main reward in this game is skin but I cant use them cause I did my map completion a while back and I dont have any left. Dont tell me to go in wvw or pvp I hate those game mode and could care less about them (frankly do you really want some, dont care, afk farm in your game mode?) Why not give us 1 charge every level up after level 80? Its not normal that pvp, wvw player are flood with them and pve its a dry desert of charge, only a fiew drop here and there... And no reroll an alt to fashion my main is not a solution, its mainly a band aid and its not fun...

• Like 1

WHilst I hate the charges and believe them an outdated, cumbersome part of the game that are overstocked on vets and a problem for new players at this point (I am unconvinced many are bought on the store), it is false that pve has little options to get them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Charge_(item) (you will have to copy and paste the link)

Achievements, dailies and map alone accounts for a large portion of them alone before adding in festivals, fractals and other sources

• Confused 1

Yeah but they are all festival currency wich I already farm for unlocking said skill, while in pvp wvw its just handle to you, you dont have to pay for it with any currency. Its feel bad If a need to farm for skin and for charge. And in between festival what to do except credit card farm wich I wont do...

• Like 1

@Makuragee.3058 said:Yeah but they are all festival currency wich I already farm for unlocking said skill, while in pvp wvw its just handle to you, you dont have to pay for it with any currency. Its feel bad If a need to farm for skin and for charge. And in between festival what to do except credit card farm wich I wont do...

Then do fractals or all the other ways you get them. I am massively over stocked for life on the things from pve and wish I could give them out or that Anet would ditch them, but they wont unless they do a monetised wardrobe loadout system

Don't forget you can buy them with gold as well using the gold - gem transfer. Yeah its expensive, but it is an option.

Wvw/pvp aren't handed them either - they have to play for them. same as us pve players. We play, gain currency and trade it in. Arguably easier in my opinion

• Confused 1

@"Randulf.7614" said:WHilst I hate the charges and believe them an outdated, cumbersome part of the game that are overstocked on vets and a problem for new players at this point (I am unconvinced many are bought on the store), it is false that pve has little options to get them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Charge_(item) (you will have to copy and paste the link)

Achievements, dailies and map alone accounts for a large portion of them alone before adding in festivals, fractals and other sources

You can usually get them during festivals too. I am sorry you dislike wvw , though, have you tried it during a slow time and NOT in a zerg? Just run around capturing sentries and camps, it's no different from pve with the exception that sometimes someone will come and kill you. When that happens, I just sit there, since I don't have a roaming build, nor do I care to get one. I figure I am helping them progress toward their Ultimate Dominator achievement. I then wp back, pick a different target, and good to go. Finding a map where you are outnumbered is even better, in case you like pips.

Or you can pick a time when your team owns Stonemist, grab a book, and repair walls every 5 minutes. I had a commander fuss that I was using valuable supply, so unless smc is full of supply, I just wp back to the keep and take it there, since that is usually full. Or one of the nearby towers. Don't mind anyone who fusses at you for repairing. I tend to avoid doing either of these at all costs when the prime time is going on, usually you can see this because the maps will be full.

• Confused 1

@Etria.3642 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:WHilst I hate the charges and believe them an outdated, cumbersome part of the game that are overstocked on vets and a problem for new players at this point (I am unconvinced many are bought on the store), it is false that pve has little options to get them.

) (you will have to copy and paste the link)

You can usually get them during festivals too. I am sorry you dislike wvw , though, have you tried it during a slow time and NOT in a zerg? Just run around capturing sentries and camps, it's no different from pve with the exception that sometimes someone will come and kill you. When that happens, I just sit there, since I don't have a roaming build, nor do I care to get one. I figure I am helping them progress toward their Ultimate Dominator achievement. I then wp back, pick a different target, and good to go. Finding a map where you are outnumbered is even better, in case you like pips.

Or you can pick a time when your team owns Stonemist, grab a book, and repair walls every 5 minutes. I had a commander fuss that I was using valuable supply, so unless smc is full of supply, I just wp back to the keep and take it there, since that is usually full. Or one of the nearby towers. Don't mind anyone who fusses at you for repairing. I tend to avoid doing either of these at all costs when the prime time is going on, usually you can see this because the maps will be full.

I assume you misquoted me there as I don't hate wvw and I mentioned festivals in that post you quoted

@Makuragee.3058 said:Its kind of sad that the main reward in this game is skin but I cant use them cause I did my map completion a while back and I dont have any left. Dont tell me to go in wvw or pvp I hate those game mode and could care less about them (frankly do you really want some, dont care, afk farm in your game mode?) Why not give us 1 charge every level up after level 80? Its not normal that pvp, wvw player are flood with them and pve its a dry desert of charge, only a fiew drop here and there... And no reroll an alt to fashion my main is not a solution, its mainly a band aid and its not...

They’re login rewards for the 26th day.

Also, I’d rather have the spirit shard rather than a transmutation charge for levelling up after level 80, which is the existing reward

@Melech.4308 said:

@Makuragee.3058 said:Its kind of sad that the main reward in this game is skin but I cant use them cause I did my map completion a while back and I dont have any left. Dont tell me to go in wvw or pvp I hate those game mode and could care less about them (frankly do you really want some, dont care, afk farm in your game mode?) Why not give us 1 charge every level up after level 80? Its not normal that pvp, wvw player are flood with them and pve its a dry desert of charge, only a fiew drop here and there... And no reroll an alt to fashion my main is not a solution, its mainly a band aid and its not...

They’re login rewards for the 26th day.

Also, I’d rather have the spirit shard rather than a transmutation charge for levelling up after level 80, which is the existing reward

Why not both?

I do agree with this as well and I'll pop into every thread about Transmutation Charges. I really wish they were gone out of game. I never, ever spend gems on them because I think it's a waste, I mostly just go to WvW and Zzzz in getting them, or I spend spare Black Lion Statuettes to get them.In any case, I really wish this system was gone. It's completely limiting me from improvising with armor sets for my alts AND main if I want to ... say... see how a specific item looks on my character 'in the world' (not on preview) and then it happens that I don't like it and then I revert the item by spending another charge.Gosh I hope they remove Transmutation Charges...

Also, I was stocked up with them to insanity before, but considering I love changing characters and trying multiple armor combinations, these melted really fast...so it's truly annoying.

@Makuragee.3058 said:Its kind of sad that the main reward in this game is skin but I cant use them cause I did my map completion a while back and I dont have any left. Dont tell me to go in wvw or pvp I hate those game mode and could care less about them (frankly do you really want some, dont care, afk farm in your game mode?) Why not give us 1 charge every level up after level 80? Its not normal that pvp, wvw player are flood with them and pve its a dry desert of charge, only a fiew drop here and there... And no reroll an alt to fashion my main is not a solution, its mainly a band aid and its not fun...

There is actually a very viable way for a PvE player to get transmutation charges; the gem store. No no, don't stop readuing just yet - bear with me while we do some math:

In the gem store, you can buy 25 transmutation charges for 600 gems - that's the bulk price.Right now 400 gems cost about 140g., so that's 210g for 600 gems. 210g sure is a lot, but if you look at it, it only comes out to 210/25=8.4g per charge.I'm no gold farmer, but on the forum there's usually claims of 20-30g/hour if you farm it. Let's use the mid Point and call it 25g/hour.That's 8.333g every 20 minutes. So you could get 1 charge every 20 minutes if you like.

Now, I don't know how fast PvP and WvW is to farm them, but 1 charge every 20 minutes sure sounds reasonable to me.

@Zohane.7208 said:

Now, I don't know how fast PvP and WvW is to farm them, but 1 charge every 20 minutes sure sounds reasonable to me.

I'll do you one better: every time you map complete a capitol city you get 1 transmutation charge as a reward, and they only have waypoints, vistas and POIs, and can be completed on a LV1 character. I doubt it takes anyone 20 minutes to map complete DR or even LA - even the Black Citadel doesn't take that long. When you have all the cities down, delete the character and start over.

In reality, I'd rather spend those gems on something else. 200g+ is a lot, and is better spent on something worthwhile than wasting it on Transmutation Charges.I see no loss in increasing their gain in PvE. World Bosses or meta events could provide us with Transmutation Charges as a selectable reward.Jumping Puzzles could have a guarantee/chance to drop Transmutation Charges.It really makes no sense for WvW and PvP to grant so many of them, considering most PvPers don't really care how they look (I guess in any case, considering a couple of my friends couldn't care less about their armor and they're actively PvPing).

I also see no loss in removing Transmutation Charges as a system in general. What gets lost? Nothing.Players just get the endless chance to mix and match their armor sets and enjoy in character customization without limitations. It's called fun, and fun shouldn't be punished with this system.Also I highly doubt this would damage ANet's budget in any case. A lot of people really don't want to pay for transmutation charges seeing it as a waste, me being one of those.I'd rather don an Outfit and be done with it, than spend a lot of gems on Transmutation Charges.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I'll do you one better: every time you map complete a capitol city you get 1 transmutation charge as a reward, and they only have waypoints, vistas and POIs, and can be completed on a LV1 character. I doubt it takes anyone 20 minutes to map complete DR or even LA - even the Black Citadel doesn't take that long. When you have all the cities down, delete the character and start over.

This.

There exist no easier way to get transmutation charges than this, combine with weekly key runner if you have to.

@Blur.3465 said:snip

Your post only illustrates that you don't understand why the transmutation systems works the way it does, and that it doesn't meet your preferences, but that isn't evidence that there is anything wrong with it.

Unfortunately only ANET can properly explain the 'why' behind this system, and I don't know if they ever have.

At the same time though, let me point you to something else you said:

@Blur.3465 said:Also I highly doubt this would damage ANet's budget in any case. A lot of people really don't want to pay for transmutation charges seeing it as a waste, me being one of those.I'd rather don an Outfit and be done with it, than spend a lot of gems on Transmutation Charges.

And where did that Outfit come from? Would you have still bought it if Transmutation charges were free?

Does ANET make money from the transmutation charges systems? Only they know...but I would think that if they didn't and/or were losing money because of it, they would change it..

@Blur.3465 said:Also I highly doubt this would damage ANet's budget in any case. A lot of people really don't want to pay for transmutation charges seeing it as a waste, me being one of those.I'd rather don an Outfit and be done with it, than spend a lot of gems on Transmutation Charges.

And where did that Outfit come from? Would you have still bought it if Transmutation charges were free?

Does ANET make money from the transmutation charges systems? Only they know...but I would think that if they didn't and/or were losing money because of it, they would change it..

Of course I would. I regularly buy them if I like them. I have plenty of alts who use them, and a lot of medium armor sets just don't sit with me, hence why outfits are a saver.

I've been against Transmutation Charges system since the game released. I never liked it, I never will.I would rather spend gems on other utilities and consumables than on Transmutation Charges.There's a ton of useful items to get from Gem Store, I can also always save those gems and get some more 'expensive' items from store.I can even convert gems to gold and get some cool skins or even legendaries.

I've been doing map completion for God knows how many times, so naturally you reach the point where you just totally burn out and give up.I wish I could get these Charges with my main by actually doing PvE content...puzzles, events, world bosses, meta events etc.But yep, once more, I really wish the system was gone.People don't buy outfits because they want to 'avoid using Transmutation Charges', most buy them to just hide the armor sets they are not fond of.While there are cases where you just want to spare yourself from WASTING potential Charges and getting the outfit, it still doesn't justify this horrid system.I wish we paid a certain amoung of silver each time we'd change a piece of armor, rather than depend on Transmutation Charges.

EDIT:

• To me it's a QoL change to remove Transmutation Charges and I don't see how this change would damage anyone.
  • We, as players, would get endless freedom to improvise with how our character's clothing looks without being punished for that.
  • A small fee for changing armor piece look would be reasonable. Charge it for 20s, 30s, 50s or even 1g if needed, but allow us not to depend on 'limitations' and charges that run out and are hard to get, particularly for non-PvPers.
  • As someone who has done exploration a billion times, I have no will nor energy to constantly run the same Town exploration just so I could get 1 charge per town...
  • If the system is to stay, at least let PvE players get them from meta events and other PvE content.
  • Another solution would be adding 'endless' transmutation charge in Gem Store, from which you can get 1 Charge per day, cost could be 800-1000 gems.

@Blur.3465 said:

• Another solution would be adding 'endless' transmutation charge in Gem Store, from which you can get 1 Charge per day, cost could be 800-1000 gems.

I was thinking something along these lines. The current system is acceptable for people who change looks sparingly, but if a player is a real fashion addict, there's no amount of charges that will suffice.

There are many ways in which an endless charge could be designed. Since these cannot be sold/traded, outright replacing the regular stones would get complains of wasted rewards. So it'd be better if it worked as some kind of complement to the current system.

For instance, make it a portable shop item that sells transmutation charges at.. say, 1g each (probably a reasonable price people wouldn't complain about). It could also include other currencies as karma (hmm, 50k karma for one charge?), so the item would double as a sink.

As long as ANet gets creative with it, it could be a popular item without breaking the game, and also would generate some income if it were a gem store sell (I would instant buy it even if it cost 2k gems).

The problem is that removing the system would remove a huge chunk of the reason that people play PvP/WvW. The system is intentionally sparse in PvE to encourage playing those game modes for the rewards instead (Transmutation Charges, stat-select armor, etc.).

Doing those things in PvE is alot harder, but PvE is overall far more lucrative, which is the balance of it.

@Skotlex.7580 said:

I was thinking something along these lines. The current system is acceptable for people who change looks sparingly, but if a player is a real fashion addict, there's no amount of charges that will suffice.Then, they should pony up and pay the price. Support the game. Keep the servers running.