Spoiler!

I don't know if anyone has tried this or not, but last night after Killing a NPC Monster, it Knocked out my Health bar at the same time...Fight to survive.. what?????? but I found a way to get your health back up! the hand on the far right...keep clicking it and your heath will get up and you will revive!

When you die in the game you will enter downed state (the skills vary per class but the last button is indeed a revive). If you die in downed state you are dead fully and will need someone else to ressurect you (strike missions and raids excluding as those cannot be ressurected from death). P.s. You do not have to spam the button to revive. One click is enough as its a cast bar.

This is so heartwarming to read. In moments like this, I wish I could experience the game from scratch again.

A few notes about downed-state:

• skill 4 can be interrupted by everything. If the NPC hits you while you heal, the skill gets interrupted and goes on cooldown.
  • skill 1 is you normal auto-attack, usually ranged.
  • skill 2 is a CC (= crowd control), which stuns or disables your opponent. Use it when it is about reach hit-range. This can buy you extra time to either slay it or heal up.
  • you always revive if you happen to kill an NPC while downed.
  • if you hit an NPC that is about to die and land a single hit, it counts as kill for you = revive. It is always worth to re-target on a NPC that is about to die.
  • if you are surrounded by NPCs, pick the one with the lowest HP bar and try to kill it.
  • sometimes there are other objects around, like turrets. Some count as NPCs, so if you kill a turret, you also get revived.
  • if you happen to meet a player who is downed and you see the enemy they hit is with low health, assist killing the NPC. In most cases this is faster than getting to the player and reviving them.
  • if you play THIEF or MESMER, do not use skill 2 when someone started to resurrect you. This also applies if you feel a regenerative effect while downed. If your HP goes up without pressing skill 4, do not port away.
  • there is a 5th downed skill in the game. It can be unlocked during LW Season 3 - Head of the Snake. It works in PVE and is highly overpowerd = worth to unlock.
  • if you happen to fight a champion, e. g. a bounty, try to use the CC skill on its break-bar. Some classes like the Engineer have two hard CC skills while downed and can easily stun such a powerful creature. While stunned, it is a lot easier to kill it and revive you. So if your CC is off cooldown, the enemy is in range and the breakbar (blue bar below HP bar) is visible, use that instead of auto-attack.
  • while in downed state, you constantly lose HP. You lose more HP when using skill 1. Some times it might be a wise choice to just wait till skill 4 is off cooldown instead of mashing skill 1. Especially if the NPC has too much health. Maybe you are lucky and a random adventurer comes by to aid you.

@Teratus.2859 said:I'm guessing OP is pretty new to Gw2 :)

First time getting downed? nice mechanic to just dying isnt it ^^It's a shame that not all classes are equal in this state though, some are exceptionally good (Ranger/Necromancer) while others are pretty terrible (Warrior) haha

Ive always regarded warrior as being pretty good esp with the ability to get back up ond potentially stay back up

@Randulf.7614 said:

First time getting downed? nice mechanic to just dying isnt it ^^It's a shame that not all classes are equal in this state though, some are exceptionally good (Ranger/Necromancer) while others are pretty terrible (Warrior) haha

Ive always regarded warrior as being pretty good esp with the ability to get back up ond potentially stay back up

If you have the trait for it then yea Warrior isnt that bad, but if you don't take the trait then it's totally RNG whether you will rally or die lolPersonally over the years i've used it I almost always die when I don't take the trait.

Vengeance has a 25% chance to rally on a kill by default and 100% when traited with Vengeful Return.Problem is Vengeful Return is a minor Discipline trait and has to compete against Crack Shot and Warriors Spirit which are both very good traits.Crackshot is essential if your running a Longbow for the extra burns where as Warriors Spirit gives you a permanent 25% move speed bonus while using a melee weapon, imob removal when using a movement skill and a flat 7% damage increase when the Warrior has swiftness..Suffice to say Vengeful Return doesn't stand a chance against those.. specially Warriors Spirit.

Warrior has bad downed skills? Uwotm8? One of those skills stands you straight back up for one last hurrah, how is that pretty terrible?

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Warrior has bad downed skills? Uwotm8? One of those skills stands you straight back up for one last hurrah, how is that pretty terrible?

Some of us like to die as little as possible, this skill almost guarantees a death unless you trait for 100% rally on kill which isn't worth it compared to better traits you'll have to sacrifice.

Compared to other classes like Necro's lifesteal and Rangers pet revive, Warriors downed skills are really really lackluster.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:"When the game is so easy, someone is reporting they discovered it has a down state. This, after 7 years" :D

I'm not certain the OP wasn't pulling our leg here. ;)

@Teratus.2859 said:Compared to other classes like Necro's lifesteal and Rangers pet revive, Warriors downed skills are really really lackluster.

That's true. It could use a rework.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:"When the game is so easy, someone is reporting they discovered it has a down state. This, after 7 years" :D

There's been a lot of new people starting recently, probably due to looking for something to do from home while so much of the world is restricted due to covid-19. So we're getting a lot of the same questions, topics etc. coming up that usually happen when there's a big influx of new players.

ya I understand, and I have come up with a very good annoyance if you will, you finish say Sorrows Furnace in Story mode, now when you come back you can play it in either replay of story or explorer mode.. and what happens when ya play it in Explorer mode.. you guessed it you get yer Hiney handed to you by eleite NPC Monsters! and not just 1 like 2 or 3 of em!

@Randulf.7614 said:

Ive always regarded warrior as being pretty good esp with the ability to get back up ond potentially stay back upYeah he can be a stiff target.

Linken, once you finish a dongeon in Story mode you can gom back and either replay the story, or exporer mode as a solo, (at least that is what I have seen/done..am I mistaken?) but no matter which exporer mode story you choose....you end up with eleites that down you so fast it is not funny.....

@Margeon.9650 said:Linken, once you finish a dongeon in Story mode you can gom back and either replay the story, or exporer mode as a solo, (at least that is what I have seen/done..am I mistaken?) but no matter which exporer mode story you choose....you end up with eleites that down you so fast it is not funny.....

I'm pretty unconvinced this is a serious thread, but I'm enjoying it so I'll bite

Both story and explorable are group content with the exception of Arah story. Explorable is designed to be harder/higher level than story, but both are for groups and not designed to be for a single player.

Thanks, but just tried Arah, the Lost city...Correct? and you get 4 choices in Exporer Mode, and well guess what,,,,I am Kinda new so any advice is good Not sure but Would it be possible to put up a day and time I would be in exporer mode for a dongeoun so others would be theree....still looking for Cricible of Eternity round 1 and Twilight Arbour round 1..

@Margeon.9650 said:Thanks, but just tried Arah, the Lost city...Correct? and you get 4 choices in Exporer Mode, and well guess what,,,,I am Kinda new so any advice is good Not sure but Would it be possible to put up a day and time I would be in exporer mode for a dongeoun so others would be theree....still looking for Cricible of Eternity round 1 and Twilight Arbour round 1..

Just put up a group in the lfg tab for correct dungeon and path you want to do by pressing Y then second tab scroll down to dungeons.Type something likeNew to this help wanted + all welcome

While you run around map completeing the group will be there looking for others who will want to do said dungeon path passivly and you might find 4 other people after awhile

@"Margeon.9650" said:I am Kinda new so any advice is good Not sure but Would it be possible to put up a day and time I would be in exporer mode for a dongeoun so others would be theree

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group

Check under the correct subsection of LFG, and if you don't find what you are looking for, advertize your own party. :)

Did you know there's a skill slot dedicated to healing yourself? It's always your #6, or the first skill on the right-hand side of the bar.Similarly, you can take evasive action to avoid some attacks, and for others, you can Jump (spacebar by default) or Dodge (double-tap a direction by default) to not get hit.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:This is so heartwarming to read. In moments like this, I wish I could experience the game from scratch again.

A few notes about downed-state:

• skill 4 can be interrupted by everything. If the NPC hits you while you heal, the skill gets interrupted and goes on cooldown.
  • skill 1 is you normal auto-attack, usually ranged.
  • skill 2 is a CC (= crowd control), which stuns or disables your opponent. Use it when it is about reach hit-range. This can buy you extra time to either slay it or heal up.
  • you always revive if you happen to kill an NPC while downed.
  • if you hit an NPC that is about to die and land a single hit, it counts as kill for you = revive. It is always worth to re-target on a NPC that is about to die.
  • if you are surrounded by NPCs, pick the one with the lowest HP bar and try to kill it.
  • sometimes there are other objects around, like turrets. Some count as NPCs, so if you kill a turret, you also get revived.
  • if you happen to meet a player who is downed and you see the enemy they hit is with low health, assist killing the NPC. In most cases this is faster than getting to the player and reviving them.
  • if you play THIEF or MESMER, do not use skill 2 when someone started to resurrect you. This also applies if you feel a regenerative effect while downed. If your HP goes up without pressing skill 4, do not port away.
  • there is a 5th downed skill in the game. It can be unlocked during LW Season 3 - Head of the Snake. It works in PVE and is highly overpowerd = worth to unlock.
  • if you happen to fight a champion, e. g. a bounty, try to use the CC skill on its break-bar. Some classes like the Engineer have two hard CC skills while downed and can easily stun such a powerful creature. While stunned, it is a lot easier to kill it and revive you. So if your CC is off cooldown, the enemy is in range and the breakbar (blue bar below HP bar) is visible, use that instead of auto-attack.
  • while in downed state, you constantly lose HP. You lose more HP when using skill 1. Some times it might be a wise choice to just wait till skill 4 is off cooldown instead of mashing skill 1. Especially if the NPC has too much health. Maybe you are lucky and a random adventurer comes by to aid you.

great summary. You forgot to say: if you are necro, you can even heal yourself up with the #1 skill, that also causes quite some damage.

There was even a meme pvp build in the past that consisted buffing everything that affected downed state, and then going to downed state on purpose, since it was like a god mode for the necro.