Stap! Every class has an OP build.

I would recommend that more of us watch top streamers play in their Plat 3 / Legendary streams so we wouldn’t be too biased when calling for nerfs based on our own low leveled limited experiences.

When you have watched enough, you will realise that every class can perform at the highest levels.

People say nerf Ranger pets!But i watched a Necro fight on equal grounds with Boyce’s ranger. And the Necro arguably won by a whisker, forcing Boyce to retreat. Boyce! One of EU’s strongest! Forced to retreat by a Necro!

Okay then people say nerf Necro!I watched Naru, one of NA’s strongest, on his Reaper double team a holosmith in a 2 vs 1. The Holo tanked both Naru and his teammate, kited Naru’s Lich burst, and practically 1 vs 2 Naru and his teammate for Long durations. Immortal Holo!

Then people say nerf Immortal Holo!I watched Shadowfall on his ranger, out-noding an immortal Holo, forcing decaps frequently and even succeed in bursting and killing the Holo after a long fight.

Then people say nerf rev!I watched Ajax on his warrior stream, 1 vs 2 a ranger and revenant, and almost killed the rev. Forced multiple decaps against both condi/power revs. But I don’t think anyone ever calls to nerf warrior.

Then people say nerf condi mirage!I watched a power rev kill a top 10 ranked Mirage on stream even though the Mirage later got revenge on the rev too.

What I’m trying to say is that every class used at the highest levels has viable builds and roles.

And from what I’ve watched, there are no extremely over performing class that is an outlier.

Watch more of those high level games and you’ll learn that even those classes that you think are OP, can be countered and beaten in some way.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:there are legitimate things to nerf on most classes but unfortunately they either get overlooked or destroyed as often as fixed. credit to the new balance team tho they are doing better minus a few egregious mishaps.

It's also true that if left to players...there would be no game to start with.....it's not unfortunate that some things get "overlooked" , having the right to an opinion doesn't make it right..in most cases than not

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:there are legitimate things to nerf on most classes but unfortunately they either get overlooked or destroyed as often as fixed. credit to the new balance team tho they are doing better minus a few egregious mishaps.

It's also true that if left to players...there would be no game to start with.....it's not
unfortunate
that some things get "overlooked" , having the right to an opinion doesn't make it right..in most cases than not

that has noting to do with what I said. you're quoting me just to spout your opinion, of which I would rather not hear but hey its a free country.

I'm just a bit aggravated is all. When people say nerf x class I'm just like ok what do you want to be nerfed? why? show clip and I think there is quite a lot of mesmer hate going around.

I see the warrior nerf but not something in specific.

I know I'm bad at mes still in SPVP, but general statements of nerf that are like that are bad for the game.

@Tycura.1982 said:Hit me with an op warrior build pls and thx

Check Ajax stream for the build I guess.

I’ve watched enough of his streams to know that warriors are currently most effective in team fights. With their gazillion stuns and interrupts, they can lock down a foe easily for his team to focus and kill.

Ajax seems to like soloing home/far on his spellbreaker though. I find that a less optimal way of playing warrior. He could probably contribute more in the mid team fight. But he’s good enough to win solo often so ?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:What OP thief build?

'A match where I don't play too well on D/P Thief, and neither does my team, but I adapt to bad situations. Showing that you can get kills easily as a thief so long as you find the right situations.', Vallun

The last paragraph of his vid description doesnt describe a class in a good state. Shows u can still get easy kills with thief as long as u find the right situation. If ur rotating and picking off opponents in +1 that are low on hp that's the right situation and a class that requires such for kills especially a burst class is far from being in a healthy spot.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

'A match where I don't play too well on D/P Thief, and neither does my team, but I adapt to bad situations. Showing that you can get kills easily as a thief so long as you find the right situations.', Vallun

The last paragraph of his vid description doesnt describe a class in a good state. Shows u can still get easy kills with thief as long as u find the right situation. If ur rotating and picking off opponents in +1 that are low on hp that's the right situation and a class that requires such for kills especially a burst class is far from being in a healthy spot.

Burst spec = low sustainBrawler spec = mid sustainTank spec = high sustain

Burst specs are married to high mobility and evasion to carry out their role, perfect for +1 situations...not super duellist role, this is something thief players still don't understand at all.....expecting to have the highest mobility, the burst and the sustain to go toe to toe with builds specced for tanking...and come on top after some time without any chance for the opponent to ever catch up the thief in mobility.

You want to duel?...You can ask for the sustain to do so...but after doing that don't expect to keep the vast majority of that mobility, stealth resetting ability and disengage in general

You simply can't have huge burst twoshot and sustain in the same spec...it's just pointless at this point to keep asking for that, the community will never accept that idea of super mobile insta burst brawler from stealth..it's simply absurd

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:Hit me with an op warrior build pls and thx

Check Ajax stream for the build I guess.

I’ve watched enough of his streams to know that warriors are currently most effective in team fights. With their gazillion stuns and interrupts, they can lock down a foe easily for his team to focus and kill.

Ajax seems to like soloing home/far on his spellbreaker though. I find that a less optimal way of playing warrior. He could probably contribute more in the mid team fight. But he’s good enough to win solo often so ?

Tbh warriors really shouldnt be in teamfights, atleast not the spellbreaker build which is the one ppl play, the spellbreaker build is a sidenoder which gets outshined by other sidenoders atm. So im not sure what you mean.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Vallun knows Thief Profession inside-out and has nothing to hide. He's willing to use any strategy to benefit Thief in any situations at the optimal outcome. Vallun could've taken the selfless direction and ignored his team and he didn't. Instead, he helped his team by being supported and fueling them with his experience of Thief Profession.

In other word, he demonstrated that Thief Profession can not only be a 1vs Everyone=Win but can be Un-selfless Profession as well.

I agree with you, Thief Profession is far from being healthy, it is pending a new redesign

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Burst spec = low sustainBrawler spec = mid sustainTank spec = high sustain

Burst specs are married to high mobility and evasion to carry out their role, perfect for +1 situations...
not super duellist role
, this is something thief players still don't understand at all.....expecting to have the highest mobility, the burst and the sustain to go toe to toe with builds specced for tanking...and come on top after some time without any chance for the opponent to ever catch up the thief in mobility.

You want to duel?...You can ask for the sustain to do so...but after doing that don't expect to keep the vast majority of that mobility, stealth resetting ability and disengage in general

You simply can't have huge burst twoshot and sustain in the same spec...

I'll agree burst specs should rely on high mobility and evades but a burst spec should also have burst like stated in the description of burst spec. If u compare a power dp burst to almost every other class ull in fact notice that most classes including bunker specs can do 5k bursts in multiple ways matching the burst of the so called high mobility/evasive burst spec.Balanced.... gw2 community lol.Listening to the majority of these players is part of the reason this game is a clown fest. U can't balance a game dependent on annoyance rather than actual over performance no matter how hard the community tries.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Vallun knows Thief Profession inside-out and has nothing to hide. He's willing to use any strategy to benefit Thief in any situations at the optimal outcome. Vallun could've taken the selfless direction and ignored his team and he didn't. Instead, he helped his team by being supported and fueling them with his experience of Thief Profession.

In other word, he demonstrated that Thief Profession can not only be a 1vs Everyone=Win but can be Un-selfless Profession as well.

I agree with you, Thief Profession is far from being healthy, it is pending a new redesign

And sind doesn't?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

And sind doesn't?

i only mention Vallun my friend. Yes, Sind does too

@Burnfall.9573 said:

And sind doesn't?

i only mention Vallun my friend. Yes, Sind does too

To 3 v 1 on thief, I need to be Sindrener and lucky.

To 3 v 1 on necro, existing as a potato with two toes and a heartbeat will suffice.

Finding a way to get things done doesnt mean OP, could be sufficient to say viable.

We are in a toxic mess for sure, but thief isn't the problem....for now.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

And sind doesn't?

i only mention Vallun my friend. Yes, does too

So sindrener doesn't know his stuff when he states that it should ring some bells that in high level play these days thief doesn't output enough burst damage on a lot of classes during +1's resulting in the +1 taking far longer than it should considering not only is thief a burst class but it's also a 2v1 to start with? If a high mobility low hp burst class can't even put out enough burst to down something fairly quickly in a 2v1 there is a imbalance somewhere, either sustain is to high or burst to low or bit of both. Especially when the tanks output the same bursts as said burst specs lol.