pve needs a reward track

i am busy for a legendary and i waste many mystic coins because bad rng.i hate pvp, ( need for dailys for easy achievement points) but at 10k i stop pvping.i don't hate wvw but takes ages to get something. + you first need someone with a tag to join.atleast i do because roaming is bad and instant get killed. i am not into competitiveif i do wvw i am always healer.

i mean ppl who LIKE pvp and wvw are swimming in mystic clovers, and we pvers have to gamble to get them themfractals = needing skills so i skip the frustration.

when i did wvw for gift of battle i got a ton of nice mats and other nice things (ascended)and in pve the chance for ascended armor or weapon box is nearly zero. yes tequatl, i once readed that 1 person did 3 months teq daily and got only 1 chest or nothing.

It's an interesting idea that has come up before, but I've yet to read an implementation that really fits the open world (although we do have the map/event reward track system - perhaps clovers could be inserted into a rotating map to increase participation?)

Pvers do have existing methods though - you can get a fair few from the last last daily chest in the cycle, plus there's the magic-warped bundles (although that's rng)

Pve's best source though is fractals and T1 doesn't require much skill at all. To be honest if a player doesn't want to do pvp, wvw or fractals and still wants a legendary despite actively ignoring 3/4 of the game's content, then I'm not sure what more Anet can do

@Dante.1763 said:

@Linken.6345 said:If you want them to take away the normal loot and instead implement reward track for you then sure ask for that.

What normal loot are we talking about here?

All the normal loot that pve enemies drop.

Why take that away? Enemies in WVW still drop loot.

Very true. It would make more sense to take away be the map bonus rewards for completing events.

The issue with this idea, and this idea has come up before, is that PvE is already the highest gold per hour content. Simply adding a reward track would just add on top of this.

PvP and WvW getting guaranteed Mystic Clovers in small increments is mostly to reduce the gold gain there. I'm quite sure a lot of pvp and wvw players would love getting something they can easier convert to gold over clovers.

As such, the rng method of acquiring the clovers is to offset the higher reward gain in PvE (or to be more exact, the reason no new infinite method has been added). Yet even in PvE a guaranteed option was added for players to circumvent the rng aspect:Mystic Clover150 Fractal Relic1 Mystic Coin3 Glob of Ectoplasm2 Spirit Shard

It does require high end PvE content though, in this case fractals (high end being relative here, since running even only T3 fractals and recommended yields enough relics for both clovers per day).

Other posters in this thread already eluded to this by mentioning a trade off in case reward tracks were added.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The issue with this idea, and this idea has come up before, is that PvE is already the highest gold per hour content. Simply adding a reward track would just add on top of this.

PvP and WvW getting guaranteed Mystic Clovers in small increments is mostly to reduce the gold gain there. I'm quite sure a lot of pvp and wvw players would love getting something they can easier convert to gold over clovers.

As such, the rng method of acquiring the clovers is to offset the higher reward gain in PvE (or to be more exact, the reason no new infinite method has been added). Yet even in PvE a guaranteed option was added for players to circumvent the rng aspect:Mystic Clover150 Fractal Relic1 Mystic Coin3 Glob of Ectoplasm2 Spirit Shard

It does require high end PvE content though, in this case fractals (high end being relative here, since running even only T3 fractals and recommended yields enough relics for both clovers per day).

Other posters in this thread already eluded to this by mentioning a trade off in case reward tracks were added.

I dont do it myself, but a friend of mine says his PvP reward track/daily are more gold than anything he can do in pve.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The issue with this idea, and this idea has come up before, is that PvE is already the highest gold per hour content. Simply adding a reward track would just add on top of this.

As such, the rng method of acquiring the clovers is to offset the higher reward gain in PvE (or to be more exact, the reason no new infinite method has been added). Yet even in PvE a guaranteed option was added for players to circumvent the rng aspect:
Mystic Clover
150 Fractal Relic1 Mystic Coin3 Glob of Ectoplasm2 Spirit Shard

I dont do it myself, but a friend of mine says his PvP reward track/daily are more gold than anything he can do in pve.

TBH pve can make more money -IF- you enjoy doing particular maps/tasks repeatedly. I do not, and end up making more money in the short stints i do in WVW than i do in PVE unless im running T4s that day(can make upwards of 30g depending on drops.)

@aspirine.6852 said:

As such, the rng method of acquiring the clovers is to offset the higher reward gain in PvE (or to be more exact, the reason no new infinite method has been added). Yet even in PvE a guaranteed option was added for players to circumvent the rng aspect:
Mystic Clover
150 Fractal Relic1 Mystic Coin3 Glob of Ectoplasm2 Spirit Shard

The PvP reward tracks give a lot of easily convert-able resources and direct gold. They do not reach a majority of PvE farms. Dedicated PvP play will yield more than aimless PvE or unrewarding PvE content. Most players also do not take into account the materials they actually gain, or do not make note of them, while playing PvE. It is not uncommon to spend hours on PvE and accumulate two digit numbers of gold in materials which just sit in bank or wallet (for example: a lot of players do not convert Unbound Magic and Volatile Magic into gold).

PvE farms are the highest gold/hour and are only outperformed by trading post usage.

@aspirine.6852 said:I dont do it myself, but a friend of mine says his PvP reward track/daily are more gold than anything he can do in pve.

PvP reward track or PvP league rewards? The entirety of the PvP league rewards or just counting the final repeatable chest which gives 20g per completion? None of those things matter as long as your friend is having fun but those things do matter when people are trying to make comparisons.

To be honest, as someone who doesn't like PvP THAT much, i'll still play a match or two a day just to get one or two of the dailies done. This lets me get the PvP reward track rewards I want in decent time, while still devoting most of the rest of my time to PvE.

Between the possibility of even a casual PvE getting the PvP tracks done with a small bit of effort, and the fact that Pve has plenty of good loot to keep you in gold otherwise, I'm not sure PvE reward tracks are all that necessary. In the few cases where a PvP Reward track DOES offer a clear advantage over PvE (such as the /rockout emote), I can usually get the PvP track done in the course of a few weeks casually anyway.

I do not think that PvE needs a reward track.

The primary different between PvE and PvP is the amount of materials that can be farmed from loot bags, fuelling the current gambling system for clovers. You're correct that the gambling mechanic for it is a bit shocking and the accessibility for Mystic Coins at the moment is difficult. However, gold accessibility in Guild Wars 2 is so, so easy at the moment. Simply playing the game can net you so much if you sell the correct items.

I've earned two legendaries in this game. Both times I earned more than enough gold by running meta train events and Dragon's Stand. I didn't have to buy gold with my credit card via gem conversion.

I can see your point of view, OP, but I simply do not agree with it.

Donut

We could restrict the reward-tracks to their categories: Core Tyria, Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire, LW3, LW4 and LW5. The tracks of those categories only gain progress in maps of the same category.

For example: Sandwept Isles Reward Track can only be leveled in LW4 maps.

We could use the meta-counter and add a time-gate. Every meta-event only counts once per day. That way you can make 5 steps progress per reward-track per day, that is exactly 1 tier completion. In core-tyria, one meta-event per region (Maguuma Jungle, Kryta, Shiverpeaks, Ascalon, Orr). That would make the reward-tracks less of a grind and help promoting certain meta-events, like Serpent's Ire in Vabbi.

PvP and WvW would still be faster if you invest enough time, but the reward-tracks would be also an option for casual players with limited time. We already have some of the mechanics, looking on the world-boss-week mini events.

I think the map bonus rewards should be reworked. I'd love to see the progress. Some kind of progress bar or something like that. Might be better to actually make a PvE reward track system instead of those map bonus rewards. (And removing them.) Better to customize and chose the reward tracks you want.

But not having both ... that would be too much. (Also PvE tracks should take longer to complete since you already get lots of other stuff from doing the normal PvE already.)

they could do this for open world legendary armor, we all know raiding is way to specific and doesn't allow much in the way of flexibility.such a reward track can be a bit like what you see in pokemon go (i know, silly game), you get a task and when you did they task you move on to the next phase, allowing you to do quite an extended line of tasks but still keep the armor available to open world PvE.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:If you want them to take away the normal loot and instead implement reward track for you then sure ask for that.

What normal loot are we talking about here?

All the normal loot that pve enemies drop.

I would not call that trash loot btw :) Unless spikes, a fang, some unidentifiable objects are loot...