Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020) - ANet Response

@"Endza.9547" said:Due to recent problmes,I think GW2 players deserve a free gift of choice from shop. And why not? This is done in many games,when the players go throught what we went through. And it is not over yet or is it? !!!! Time will tell.

Dude, your reasoning is so desperate and also, quite provocative, especially for those who still cannot enter the game for various account-related issues including errors or corrupted data. Let them focus on these issues first since there must be tons of support tickets. You seem to be doing fine, since your suggestion has that typical "why not?" attitude, but I guess you are one of those who would come up with a poll like "Vote for compensation during the time we have to sleep and cannot progress".

I remembered Guild wars 2 community to be supportive and emphatetic, if one "<24 hours" shutdown per 7 years turns everyone into selfish child, it's sad.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we go through? Please explain in detail. Reading your post one could be thinking we went to war or something.People want compensation for what might have been lost, but as i see it everything was restored and during the alternate timeline the servers were shut down. So please, tell me what exactly has to be compensated for? The time not being able to play in an always FTP mmo? Stop trolling thx

Here I am just glad that I've not lost anything I've paid for.Anything in game can be re-earned, re-made etc.Like, I know Anet are looking at giving us something for the disruption, which is really sweet, but it's absolutely not necessary at all.

All of ya'll just look greedy AF.

Given the fact that it apparently wasn't a human-made mistake and that they got to restore accounts to their progress and are working to solve missing stuff after the recovered point, I don't think players deserve a compensation. Sh*t happens, they did what they were supposed to do, fix it. Besides, they are still considering ways to compensate for the down time. No need to demand for anything else.

Ashantara.8731 YOU WROTE that : "You can look everything up in your TP history. Unless you did trade after the rollback issue occured, in which case it's totally your fault for ignoring the issue and continuing to play the game".
Yes I did trade before the Rollback , now is it my fault that I lost my gold? I would say it is not my fault. Because I am not the one runing the game. You know if I was in charge of technical issues, I would have brought server down as soon as I have seen what was going on! And also had warned all gamers to stop using TRADING POST.Anyways I am not crying for free stuff,because with 10 or 20 euro u can buy things in gem shop. But this is least they can do for GW2 EU players if they are wise. And yes I am upset for loosing my gold, and loging back not being able to continue doing what I was planing to do.

Considering that we all agreed to terms of services that specifically state that we can't expect servers up and running 24/7, non, we don't "deserve" anything.

It would be much appreciated, though. Due to the crash and rollback, I couldn't get the ritualist staff I wanted, so... That would be my choice.

Also, it might be worth mentionning that a weekly maintenance of several hours during which servers are down is common practice in many games. For instance, Elder Scrolls Online is especially good at requiring a maintenance to fix the errors introduced by the maintenance, so it's quite often Elder Scrolls Offline for half a day, and sometimes up to a whole day. Guild Wars 2 has a 30+ hours maintenance once every few years, granted a spectacular one, but overall that's much less downtime.

@"Endza.9547" said:Ashantara.8731 YOU WROTE that : "You can look everything up in your TP history. Unless you did trade after the rollback issue occured, in which case it's totally your fault for ignoring the issue and continuing to play the game".

Yes I did trade before the Rollback , now is it my fault that I lost my gold? I would say it is not my fault. Because I am not the one runing the game. You know if I was in charge of technical issues, I would have brought server down as soon as I have seen what was going on! And also had warned all gamers to stop using TRADING POST.Anyways I am not crying for free stuff,because with 10 or 20 euro u can buy things in gem shop. But this is least they can do for GW2 EU players if they are wise. And yes I am upset for loosing my gold, and loging back not being able to continue doing what I was planing to do.

AFTER / BEFORE. Read again, that should sole unncessary drama. Just saying.

And yes, I would have brought the servers down too as soon as I would have noticed the issue. And if I were in charge of the technical issues, it means I would leave in Seattle, and so it would mean it happened at 4 freaking AM, while I would have been asleep. What do you think they did ? They DID bring the servers down as soon as they noticed, when they woke up...

Anet don't need to compensate us anything.. servers have issues sometimes this is to be expected.

In fact i'd say Anet has done an outstanding job at keeping the game up almost consistantly since it came out 8 years ago.It's rare we ever see Gw2 go down and become unplayable.

I am just glad that they did such a marvelous job at resetting the server back on the state before the rollback happened and that in a really quick way. Ive played games where a rollback like that took 2+ days and was the end of the world, but I could login today and had all my aurora progress restored and my gold and all I farmed over the weekend.I am just grateful for this already, Anet did a smooth job there, even if communication isnt their strength, but we saw results, positive ones!

It's been 8 years, and I play almost everyday situations like this are so rare that is just rude to demand any compensation (we didn't loose any progress), lets do not forget we are in troubled times right now so 1 day to fix unexpected 2 day rollback (and by fix I mean, find cause, find solution, deploy solution, test it and finally deliver it to us) it's not that long.

I mean any type of compensation or free stuff is a huge bonus for us cause they do not have to do anything, server issues can happen and alone the fact that they managed to restore the server to monday morning in such a quick timeframe is impressive enough to me.Besides when Shadowbringer launched in FFXIV, the servers were down for an entire day to get the expac rolling, they didnt deliver anything to the customers over there and its a sub based game, so yeah I am good over here :D

@SummerRayne.4672 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Honestly I don't think they need to do anything.Things happen and servers go down..

It was a short inconvinience at most.. and they worked hard getting servers back up asap.That's already enough for me :)

Agree.

I'm just happy my progress and items are back. That's all I wanted and hoped for. I don't need any other compensation. I had put a lot of time into the game over the weekend so had lost quite a bit. Had lost lots of progress, characters, character levels, items bought with gems, gold, items, etc. And even though I would have lost a lot in terms of progression in the game if they had not been able to fix it, I know others would have lost much more than even me.

I just logged in to check to see if everything seemed to be back to where it should be, and all looks good so far. Thanks for fixing this unintended rollback so we didn't lose days worth of progression! I was worried it wouldn't be possible.

Same for me. But i wouldn't say no to an extra day SAB to complete last achievements (that I planned for monday) :)

Usually I'd see a thread like this and move on without saying anything but this is so self-absorbed and selfish, not to mention borderline offensive to the hard working staff at ANET, that I feel the need to post something. The size of the issue ...how quickly it was sorted ...the fact that this is a complete one off (two maybe, if I remember correctly) in 8 years of flawless delivery ...we should be thanking the staff, not demanding items.

ANET owe us nothing and yet they still say they wish to make up for the error and give us something. Yet many see this as an opportunity to demand more free stuff and I personally find this unacceptable and you should be ashamed.

While it is a nice gesture for them to offer compensation in regards to what happened, it is in no way deserved. Given the current situation, they were able to fix a pretty big issue within a short amount of time and get the majority of players their stuff back due to the rollback. There was a possibility that the weekend progress would have been lost, thankfully that was not the case though yes it sucks for those that did get rolled back afterwards.

What we "went through" wasn't all that bad, and "item of choice" really does sound entitled, but it's also not like _some _form of good-gesture gift would hurt. Appearances and attitude are important and they didn't _have _to give free IS episodes but they did anyway for those very reasons., especially since we're still around this anniversary thing AND in the midst of a pandemic when everyone's (supposedly) stuck at home. If now's not the time to be mildly generous I don't know when it will be, and it's also not like they'll ruin their financial plan with this either. But yeah, "deserved" is perhaps not the right word.

The login servers are down, not the actual ones it seems.

Yesterday happened in the middle of the night for them, of course they wouldn't have a representative up, neither is it any of our business what exactly happened if they don't want to disclose it.

@Blocki.4931 said:The login servers are down, not the actual ones it seems.

Yesterday happened in the middle of the night for them, of course they wouldn't have a representative up, neither is it any of our business what exactly happened if they don't want to disclose it.

Okay I'll accept the second part of that, you're right, they don't have to disclose what caused the issue, and aren't the login servers just based off the actual server?