About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:So, congratz to those who got the skin. And the others: I get your annoyance. But seriously, it is just a mount skin. Do RIBA for an evening, gold-to-gems and you can get the licence as well.

the issue is not simply that some people got a mount and others didn't, th issue is that people in the same situation were treated different and reading the thread about trading post it is even worse than expected:some people lost nothing and got a compensation while others lost a lot and got no compensation.that leads to an obvious conclusion: the condition to get compensated is not losing something but being lucky. so it is not a compensation after all.

the better solution would've been prolonging the SAB event and not giving out a random item (bonfire) for the server shutdown.also waiting with the compensation for the rollback for some days to sort things out instead of rushing out a license to unaffected people and no license to affected people would be a nice treat.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I was one of those who tried to login, saw it fail, checked forum and then waited.

I got the bonfire, which is more than I expected.

Would I like to have the mount licence? Sure! But it doesn't hurt me that others got it and I won't. I do understand that some people are annoyed but at this point I am just glad that my account was not damaged in the kerfluffle - which is pretty much all I can ask for.

So, congratz to those who got the skin. And the others: I get your annoyance. But seriously, it is just a mount skin. Do RIBA for an evening, gold-to-gems and you can get the licence as well.

Is not about the item itself is about the treatment to the community, while we all had problems on the weekend only some got compensated (and yeah the bonfire is garbage compared to the skin, moreover when they gave one free on the gemshop just today). This just sends the message of that when they break something people should go in to not be left out.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

So, congratz to those who got the skin. And the others: I get your annoyance. But seriously, it is just a mount skin. Do RIBA for an evening, gold-to-gems and you can get the licence as well.

I want you to record yourself doing RIBA for an evening (which is 3-4 hours) and then I want to see you made enough Gold only from RIBA to buy 1200 Gems with it. Enjoy the Challenge.

@Kam.5273 said:

@Kam.5273 said:

... (and yeah the bonfire is garbage compared to the skin, moreover when they gave one free on the gemshop just today)...

This is priceless, isn't it?

Absolutely. The one who though about it is a master troll.

add that top comment from a while ago:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Not to mention, they were always very good at introducing all those little and big jokes and memes of the community, so i doubt it's an incident we got a bonfire. For all that burn.

During Rollback Monday, there were three groups of people playing Guild Wars 2:

Group A: People who realized there had been a rollback (the majority of players), and logged in, but knowing the situation, did not really lose progress.Group B: People who saw from external sources that the game had been rolled back, and decided not to log in. They did not lose progress either.

Which brings us to Group C (who are actually a minority of players), but the group that ArenaNet actually wanted to compensate. They logged in during the rollback, and genuinely lost progress, having been unaware as to the situation unfolding (this may seem unlikely, but I assure you, there are 100% players who actually lost progress and did not realize).

Group A was compensated because there was no possible way to differentiate them from Group C. But I suppose to compensate everyone with such an expensive gift wouldn't be realistic for whatever reasons ArenaNet has so Group B cannot be compensated. It would lead to a situation of giving every single player 1200 gems.

Anyway it's not a great situation, but for Group B, try to see that Group A were not the target of this compensation.

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:During Rollback Monday, there were three groups of people playing Guild Wars 2:

Group A: People who realized there had been a rollback (the majority of players), and logged in, but knowing the situation, did not really lose progress.Group B: People who saw from external sources that the game had been rolled back, and decided not to log in. They did not lose progress either.

Which brings us to Group C (who are actually a minority of players), but the group that ArenaNet actually wanted to compensate. They logged in during the rollback, and genuinely lost progress, having been unaware as to the situation unfolding (this may seem unlikely, but I assure you, there are 100% players who actually lost progress and did not realize).

Group A was compensated because there was no possible way to differentiate them from Group C. But I suppose to compensate everyone with such an expensive gift wouldn't be realistic for whatever reasons ArenaNet has so Group B cannot be compensated. It would lead to a situation of giving every single player 1200 gems.

Anyway it's not a great situation, but for Group B, try to see that Group A were not the target of this compensation.

you missed this group D : https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/105716/players-never-received-gold-from-items-that-sold-during-the-eu-server-rollback-shutdown#latest

@Randulf.7614 said:

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:I tried logging in on monday, not knowing anything about the server issues, I just got the message that it is not possible. Tried a few more times, because I thougth its just temporarily but without any successful login on monday. At 22:00 German Time I gave up and went to bed.Does this now mean I don't get a compensation? Just because I wasn't actually ingame? If so it would be an extremly weird act of anet.

You will get the bonfire not the mount skin. Those who logged in during the window will have had any playtime, achievements, loot, gold etc gained wiped from their account. That’s who they aimed the compensation at

Including the several people in here who claim to not have logged in and got it on 2 alt accts, the guy who got 2 on the same acct, and all the people dbagging around in LA. lol.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:During Rollback Monday, there were three groups of people playing Guild Wars 2:

you missed this group D :

That's a different issue though. Customer support will handle stuff like that individually.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:During Rollback Monday, there were three groups of people playing Guild Wars 2:

Swap group 1 and 3. MOST players don't post here, follow twitter and discord or even have discord installed. :)

@Islyn.8019 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:During Rollback Monday, there were three groups of people playing Guild Wars 2:

Group A: People who realized there had been a rollback
(the majority of players)
, and logged in, but knowing the situation, did not really lose progress.Group B: People who saw from external sources that the game had been rolled back, and decided not to log in. They did not lose progress either.

Which brings us to Group C
(who are actually a minority of players)
, but the group that ArenaNet actually wanted to compensate. They logged in during the rollback, and genuinely lost progress, having been unaware as to the situation unfolding (this may seem unlikely, but I assure you, there are 100% players who actually lost progress and did not realize).

Swap group 1 and 3. MOST players don't post here, follow twitter and discord or even have discord installed. :)

You didn't need those things. Map chats were being spammed a lot, you would notice gold and items missing, etc. It's only niche circumstances that make it so people were unaware, like having the Chat UI disabled or having not checked inventory and such.

@Islyn.8019 said:

@"deadlyjoker.4907" said:I tried logging in on monday, not knowing anything about the server issues, I just got the message that it is not possible. Tried a few more times, because I thougth its just temporarily but without any successful login on monday. At 22:00 German Time I gave up and went to bed.Does this now mean I don't get a compensation? Just because I wasn't actually ingame? If so it would be an extremly weird act of anet.

You will get the bonfire not the mount skin. Those who logged in during the window will have had any playtime, achievements, loot, gold etc gained wiped from their account. That’s who they aimed the compensation at

Including the several people in here who claim to not have logged in and got it on 2 alt accts, the guy who got 2 on the same acct, and all the people dbagging around in LA. lol.

The problem is with map chat is that map chat is generally full of people not telling he truth. We've seen that time and again on the forums where players claimed to have been banned for "nothing" and then Anet reveal the truth. And other situations of support where the truth hasn't always been provide by anecdotes.

However, my opinion that Anet are being unfairly chastised aside... if it genuinely turns out that mistakes have been made and players are getting extra compensation or mount compensation when they didn't login, then absolutely there is a problem to be ironed out.

Let's face it, they will do nothing, they just posted a nearly copy paste of their original post as a "response" to all this drama.

In the meantime there are people receiving the email twice, making in a 2400 gems worth, about 30€.

This is how much Anet amazes me, when everything gets chaotic to their poor decision making, they just stay with their heads buried in the sand. And somehow manage to make a chaotic situation even worse. Bravo Anet, after 7 years I've had enough of your shenanigans.

Ok Arenanet, I am sorry for saying this because I know that games and people can be fickle and you probably tried your best, but your PR management dropped the ball on this. Getting one license for ONLY some people yeah, but two in a row? Oh boy.Needless to say next time servers look even a tad unstable I'm going to relentlessly log in and overburden them further in the name of F.O.M.O.

@Naresie.6134 said:Ok Arenanet, I am sorry for saying this because I know that games and people can be fickle and you probably tried your best, but your PR management dropped the ball on this. Getting one license for ONLY some people yeah, but two in a row? Oh boy.Needless to say next time servers look even a tad unstable I'm going to relentlessly log in and overburden them further in the name of F.O.M.O.

Wait, two in a row? You certain of that?

I know people that got the license just cuz of having logged in 5min at monday, and those who didnt logged in ,but still lost progress, only got a bonfire in the mail.

This is a stupid joke. I dont wanna be a part of the community that gets fooled by a stupid problem that was related to bad development. We have enough of those jokes.You(the devs) are making everything worse than the actual rollback would have done.

To People who didn't get the license but logically they should have, I'm sorry ArenaNet didn't listen. I tried to write here some logical arguments but they seem not to care at all. Or, maybe it is not their fault, they are owned by NCsoft. Corporations were always rigid in the ways of thinking. I would suggest just to move on and next time make sure to log in and do stuff, i guess

I'm already upset that they decided to not send the Mount License to every EU player but even worse - I still have not even received the bonfire! This is outrageous! Today I've claimed the free bonfire from the tp and I'm still waiting for the one from the compensation... Meanwhile other players have received multiple Mount Licenses and I can't even get the useless bonfire...

ANet was under no obligation to compensate players who were inconvenienced. Not only does the ToS address such issues, I'm pretty sure there is a "kitten happens" clause in life. However, they did choose to compensate some of the players who were inconvenienced, but not all of them.

Sure, there is no way for them to know who didn't log in because of the announcement about the problem and who was not going to log in at all. Maybe reward any active players who either did or might have logged in. That would have been a classier move than what they did. It would also have shown consideration for a broader range of players who were impacted. As it is, the "compensation" is just more ANet pouring water on a fire in the hope it will go away with the least fuss.

reading this for the first time and this is crazy! Bring your lawyer... lol, true americanism. Were it happen to me I would probably just delete the game and not touch it anymore maybe ever. There is at least a dozen of games in my backlog that I cannot find time to play due to GW2...

@Tails.9372 said:

@Tails.9372 said:Yeah, sadly I felt inclined to not choose the one I liked the most but it's very much appreciated.

You have to explain this!

My favorite skin was the Bioluminescent Raptor, by far. But the thing is I already bought several mount sets so I already have some decent ones for the raptor. However these packages excluded the mounts they added to the game after the initial release of PoF so my choice wasn't "which one do I like the most" but rather "do I like any of the skins for the "original mounts" more than the ones I already have vs. how much I hate the default skin of the other ones in comparison to the the ones offered by the licence" and TBH I don't even like the skin I ended up choosing that much either, it's just that there is pretty much no way to earn mount skins ingame. As generous as A-Net is in regards to "giving out" new wardrobe skins as stingy they are in regards to the mount / glider skins (although in regards to the later ones you can at least earn some by getting the legendary backpacks).

I really wish A-Net would have added a "mount racing" game mode with proper race tracks to the game. I would have loved to e.g. do some griffon races in low gravity tracks with the ability to earn some appropriately themed mount skins. IMO there's a lot of wasted potential here.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

whatever you guys are saying. My wife just got her free license, guess what: she tried to log in at the exact same time like I did. Monday 11.05.2020 19:45 German time. She couldn't get ingame, she didnt lose any progress, since she never was online. She got the bonefire AND the license. I'm sitting here with the lazy bonefire. I'll wait a bit longer, maybe it really just takes time to send out.