About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@melody.2601 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

So, congratz to those who got the skin. And the others: I get your annoyance. But seriously, it is just a mount skin. Do RIBA for an evening, gold-to-gems and you can get the licence as well.

I want you to record yourself doing RIBA for an evening (which is 3-4 hours) and then I want to see you made enough Gold only from RIBA to buy 1200 Gems with it. Enjoy the Challenge.

I know right! I snorted my Dr. pepper out my nose ^^

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Paprikaya.3260 said:

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:whatever you guys are saying. My wife just got her free license, guess what: she tried to log in at the exact same time like I did. Monday 11.05.2020 19:45 German time. She couldn't get ingame, she didnt lose any progress, since she never was online. She got the bonefire AND the license. I'm sitting here with the lazy bonefire. I'll wait a bit longer, maybe it really just takes time to send out.

Almost the same thing happened for my partner and I, we were both logged in and playing together on Monday. He got both the license and the bonfire, I only got the bonfire and an automated response from support when I opened a ticked questioning how that could be.

Separate mails or all in one mail?

You know there was a time when I was naive, that I really really wanted to be a game developer. Heck, I do work on graphics programming at my day job, but the work we do isn't for your average AAA customer. Thank God for that I think now, looking at all the entitled and frankly childish responses in this thread. "We weren't affected! But we want compensation! We demaaaand it! Because somebody somewhere else got some so we automatically deserve it tooo! It's not fair!". Crikey ladies and gentlemen, when did acting with a quanta of emotional restraint exit videogame fandom? It's not just the GW2 community of course who are actually, usually, rather good. I've seen this sort of thing everywhere in other games too. But for once, just once, can't we all just realise that it's just a game?

I haven't receiced any Email from support apart from that they dont know exactly what caused it and they are looking further into this. I lost way more than 2250g and havent gotten any refund yet. But in case they refuse to refund me, i will ask them to rollback my account to the day before the 11th of may where the rollback happened. at that point i had all my stuff still listed in the trading post or my gold sitting in my wallet.also i did screenshots of more than 29.000 transactions at the trading all happened before the rollback, just in case.

@Hexen.2930 said:But in case they refuse to refund me, i will ask them to rollback my account to the day before the 11th of may where the rollback happened. at that point i had all my stuff still listed in the trading post or my gold sitting in my wallet.

That's the huge mistake ANet made, though: the trading post and guild banks exist independently from your account status, and they didn't restore everything but only account stati. So setting your account back to May 11 won't change anything about the issues that occured with the Trading Post.

@"nosleepdemon.1368" said:You know there was a time when I was naive, that I really really wanted to be a game developer. Heck, I do work on graphics programming at my day job, but the work we do isn't for your average AAA customer. Thank God for that I think now, looking at all the entitled and frankly childish responses in this thread. "We weren't affected! But we want compensation! We demaaaand it! Because somebody somewhere else got some so we automatically deserve it tooo! It's not fair!". Crikey ladies and gentlemen, when did acting with a quanta of emotional restraint exit videogame fandom? It's not just the GW2 community of course who are actually, usually, rather good. I've seen this sort of thing everywhere in other games too. But for once, just once, can't we all just realise that it's just a game?

That is called injustice, that you apparently can live with that is your thing. but I can't stand injustice. (I'm not saying you're like that but that's an assumption) Since I played the game there have been several mistakes, but never a reward that actually has anything of value. and this time it is, a reward of 1200 gems.people are not logged in on purpose because it was recommended. and then they miss out on this reward. I can not stand that.actually all players should get this reward now, not necessarily from this rollback. but of all other times when something was not right but nothing was opposed to it.

I also see it as a bit of appreciation. yes a revive orb is nice but it goes into the bank. with that mount license, when I use it I think back every time what a great gift I got.and with such a good feeling I am also willing to use my wallet. further have a nice day

I assume the compensation is especially for the lack of information for the people who were still playing for a while before the servers were taken offline, and at that point anet had already informed people about this situation.Actual assets gained in the game are also being replaced by support, so the compensation is definitely not for losing items either.

You're assuming its for the lack of service after the realms were offline, which seems to be incorrect or you would have also gotten it.

It was also only random people on the internet who suggested people should not log in, nobody at Anet recommended anything, their first action was to take down the servers completely instead.

Also have to repeat that the reward was definitely NOT gems, if it was I would have bought inv & bank slot extensions instead of a novelty mount.

@"JPUlisses.8756" said:I log in everyday, except that day because of the issues. I do not get the login rewards nor the mount.

I won't be loggin in much from now on.

So, anet provides a continuous uninterrupted service for 8 years, and one day of not being able to play is all it takes to make you quit the game? Im assuming this is the straw that finally pushed you over the edge.

I cant remember the last time the servers went down, ever. I wish other games i played could provide that level of service.

Further, this is for players who lost -actual- progress, not -projected- progress. ANET never put out an official statement saying "Hey dont play today", they took the servers down as soon as they could. The vast majority of players probably dont check the forums or the Reddit so they wouldnt have known that playing was a bad idea. I only check one of those, so if a statement is put out in REDDIT i wont see it either.

@Hexen.2930 said:I haven't receiced any Email from support apart from that they dont know exactly what caused it and they are looking further into this. I lost way more than 2250g and havent gotten any refund yet. But in case they refuse to refund me, i will ask them to rollback my account to the day before the 11th of may where the rollback happened. at that point i had all my stuff still listed in the trading post or my gold sitting in my wallet.also i did screenshots of more than 29.000 transactions at the trading all happened before the rollback, just in case.

I'm in the same boat. No answer other than the first copy & paste they probably sent to all users reporting anything about the rollback. I am lucky enough to have accidentally screenshotted my wallet during the roll-back-phase where I canceled all my buy-listings for safety reasons (stupid me!). No answer leaves at least a chance that the next answer will be a little more personal and be written after looking into the matter on an individual level.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"JPUlisses.8756" said:I log in everyday, except that day because of the issues. I do not get the login rewards nor the mount.

I won't be loggin in much from now on.

So, anet provides a continuous uninterrupted service for 8 years, and one day of not being able to play is all it takes to make you quit the game? Im assuming this is the straw that finally pushed you over the edge.Notice, how after they fixed the data loss issue and
before
they talked about "compensation" people were mostly contend. It's not about crash at all. It's about what came after.

Further, this is for players who lost -actual- progress, not -projected- progress.Sorry, but most of people that logged in during that time didn't lose more than a daily login chest and a daily. 99% didn't lose anything that could come even close to 300 gold of worth of progress. And the very few that did lose as much or more? Well, those can (and do) write to support to have that progress restored. And that progress
gets
restored.

In fact, i wonder if even one of the people defending Anet actually lost so much to make the mount licence an actual compensation, instead of being just a reward for logging in.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Wow... I have no words for this level of condescension and ignorance.so how I see you non experiences player, who not play on servers where 3-15 rollback 10-30 min each day, or rollback week, and it is ok, and no one worry yours gold ...We have perfect server and you should happy what we have and what Anet give us!

@"Astralporing.1957" said:

Sorry, but most of people that logged in during that time didn't lose more than a daily login chest and a daily. 99% didn't lose anything that could come even close to 300 gold of worth of progress. And the very few that did lose as much or more? Well, those can (and do) write to support to have that progress restored. And that progress gets restored.

In fact, i wonder if even one of the people defending Anet actually lost so much to make the mount licence an actual compensation, instead of being just a reward for logging in.

i am aware of what they actually lost, im also one of the ones who didnt think any further compensation was necessary due to anet already offering compensation, rollback of all items and then accepting tickets for anything else that wasnt restored was the best thing they did and it should have stayed at that.

They went further due to people crying about it not being enough, and now those crying about not getting the "compensation" due to not logging in that day is something i find hilarious and sad.

@senki.1046 said:

@senki.1046 said:Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:

@senki.1046 said:Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

@titje.2745 said:

@"nosleepdemon.1368" said:You know there was a time when I was naive, that I really really wanted to be a game developer. Heck, I
do
work on graphics programming at my day job, but the work we do isn't for your average AAA customer. Thank
God
for that I think now, looking at all the entitled and frankly childish responses in this thread. "We weren't affected! But we
want
compensation! We demaaaand it! Because somebody somewhere else got some so we automatically deserve it tooo! It's not fair!". Crikey ladies and gentlemen, when did acting with a quanta of emotional restraint exit videogame fandom? It's not just the GW2 community of course who are actually, usually, rather good. I've seen this sort of thing everywhere in other games too. But for once, just once, can't we all just realise that it's
just a game
?

That is called injustice, that you apparently can live with that is your thing. but I can't stand injustice. (I'm not saying you're like that but that's an assumption) Since I played the game there have been several mistakes, but never a reward that actually has anything of value. and this time it is, a reward of 1200 gems.people are not logged in on purpose because it was recommended. and then they miss out on this reward. I can not stand that.actually all players should get this reward now, not necessarily from this rollback. but of all other times when something was not right but nothing was opposed to it.

I also see it as a bit of appreciation. yes a revive orb is nice but it goes into the bank. with that mount license, when I use it I think back every time what a great gift I got.and with such a good feeling I am also willing to use my wallet. further have a nice day

No, having your home bombed to pieces in a pointless proxy war due to political ideology is injustice. Missing out on a bauble not intended for you is nothing at all.

@Tiilimon.6094 said:I also gotta add in that there are around 13 million subscriptions for GW2 roughly. That includes people who haven't logged in for 7 years, should they also be eligible for this compensation?

Only people who logged in the last month are eligible to anything, what's your point? That has literally nothing do to with the discussion.

People are asking for everyone to be compensated the same way, what if a player who has not played for years was about to log in last monday, but did not because the realms were offline? Perhaps he read it on reddit and went "Bummer, I would have played today but can't."

Just like people who did not log in during the servers being offline because they read it on reddit or somewhere, and are now asking for the same compensation as people who actually played during that time.

Nobody was rewarded though.

Reward:a thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement."the holiday was a reward for 40 years' service with the company"

Compensation:something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury."he is seeking compensation for injuries suffered at work"

@JPUlisses.8756 said:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:I also gotta add in that there are around 13 million subscriptions for GW2 roughly. That includes people who haven't logged in for 7 years, should they also be eligible for this compensation?

How about reward people that login and play everyday except that day because of the issues?What, you mean like giving them 2g every day for doing practicly nothing?

@senki.1046 said:

wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

then why t_ do people get the compensation (mount) when they didn't log in during the issues, were never online and didn't lose any progress at all? Also, why do NA get the bonfire? they had no server shutdown at all. I got the same, like ppl who not had one day of not possible to play.That's the problem here, this complete mess that is Anet creating. They should have just give all EU the stuff they had in mind, or don't give anyone anything.Ppl who really lost something will get it back anysways. Also ppl used this to duplicate their stuff with glitches, still got a mount.It just doesn't work what Anet is doing. They need to F step up, say they messed up big time, apologize for how they handled this situation, AND FOR ONCE accept they did a bad job on this.

@senki.1046 said:

Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.