About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@"Najten.2418" said:All I learned from yet another disappointing reward/compensation action taken by ANet is next time servers are wobbly, log in anyway. Seems they stopped caring about being fair, and they're rewarding ignorance/stupidity.. Brilliant.

There was a thread recently titled "another rollback?" it was just a problem with the poster's account, but just to be safe I stopped what I was doing at the time, to log-in Guild Wars 2 to get my "compensation" in case there was indeed a rollback. It didn't seem to be a problem so I logged out and went back to what I was doing before.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I still have not received my bonfire.

I still have not received my gold. And I am still wondering whether they are working on it or not, as the article is rather vague about the details regarding which issues can be fixed and will be fixed.

I understand that the workload is currently immense - but it will only get bigger if people are being left in the dark and keep sending in tickets or updating their existing ones. I believe that a clear statement with a few facts would certainly take off a lot of pressure from ArenaNet.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Najten.2418 said:All I learned from yet another disappointing reward/compensation action taken by ANet is next time servers are wobbly, log in anyway. Seems they stopped caring about being fair, and they're rewarding ignorance/stupidity.. Brilliant.

So all the people who logged in, maybe didn’t know what was going on, are stupid and ignorant? WowI can’t believe people are still crying about this, it’s time to move on.Some people didn't know, but many
did

Also, if you haven't noticed, ignorance is another word for lack of knowledge.

So, did Anet get away with it again? No response, no comment, nothing.18 pages for nothing but words in a forum that won't ever be read by the people making these horrendous decisions.Are we fine with this, fine with just letting the issue be ignored?

Then again, in all honesty, I was not expecting any different...

I just had an answer to my ticket. Saying the same thing again "Sorry, but the licence is only for those who logged in at the specific date and time."No matter if you lost gold, if others who were online at the same time did get the licence or anything. Guess they'll get away with it unfortunately, unless those who took the decision rethink about it, but you know... Seems very unlikely at this point.So just another disappointment from a lost opportunity to strenghten the community.

@"Syrus.2174" said:So, did Anet get away with it again?Well, yes and no.

Yes, because no amount of posts in the past have ever changed Anet's mind about anything. All the cases when it happened were due to other sites/mmozines posting about the issue. So, yeah, they will ignore this thread and keep trying to pretend nothing bad has happened. And in time it will seem like everyone has forgotten about it.

No, because every time they cause a PR disaster on such a scale (and this wasn't either the first time, nor the last - there will be more of those, i'm certain about it), there are consequences that just don;t go away. People get more and more disillusioned, and keep expecting less and less from the game. For some people that added push may be what will make a difference between choosing to stay, or leaving. Or, for getting interested in this game or staying away from it. That in itself is already bad for a game that is in a situation where it could really, really use some good PR in order to safely last those ~2 years we probably we'll need to wait for the expansion. In addition to that, they also just had to teach players that messing things up next time the game servers will have a problem is likely to get them rewarded, but restrained and responsible behaviour will get them nothing, which is something that has the potential of biting the game in the behind somewhere in the future.

This case, and many similar ones are one of the reasons why this game's community changed from one that would have strongly defended devs from any form of critique, to one that is for the most part jaded and doesn't expect devs to do a good job anymore. While in every single case it may seem like they've "got away with it again", the longterm price they pay for all of this is both very real, and very, very costly.

@senki.1046 said:

@Radiobiology.6185 said:Well, seems like Anet is going with their usual strategy. Completely ignore the issue and hope it goes away with time.

There is nothing to do about it anymore. They compensated people for losing progress, what should they do more? People should stop asking for free stuff.Again, no, they didn't compensate people for losing progress. They rewarded people for logging in. This was completely independent from an actual progress loss.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Radiobiology.6185 said:Well, seems like Anet is going with their usual strategy. Completely ignore the issue and hope it goes away with time.

There is nothing to do about it anymore. They compensated people for losing progress, what should they do more? People should stop asking for free stuff.Again, no, they didn't compensate people for losing progress. They rewarded people for logging in. This was completely independent from an actual progress loss.

Wait...NA player here trying to wrap my head around this: So, someone from EU could have logged in, realized they shouldn't, immediately logged out and they got something for that? No progress loss, no issues, but they got compensation anyways??

@misterman.1530 said:

Wait...NA player here trying to wrap my head around this: So, someone from EU could have logged in, realized they shouldn't, immediately logged out and they got something for that? No progress loss, no issues, but they got compensation anyways??

Exactly. Many players did. Chats in game and messages all around were talking about the issue, so many were aware. Some videos show a parade hold on LA for the servers issues.

Some people lost thousands of gold because of TP issues and got nothing. Many just logged on at the right time and got a mount licence, without losing a copper.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Syrus.2174" said:So, did Anet get away with it again?Well, yes and no.

Yes, because no amount of posts in the past have ever changed Anet's mind about anything. All the cases when it happened were due to
other
sites/mmozines posting about the issue. So, yeah, they
will
ignore this thread and keep trying to pretend nothing bad has happened. And in time it will seem like everyone has forgotten about it.

No, because every time they cause a PR disaster on such a scale (and this wasn't either the first time, nor the last - there will be more of those, i'm certain about it), there
are
consequences that just don;t go away. People get more and more disillusioned, and keep expecting less and less from the game. For some people that added push may be what will make a difference between choosing to stay, or leaving. Or, for getting interested in this game or staying away from it. That in itself is already bad for a game that is in a situation where it could really, really use some good PR in order to safely last those ~2 years we probably we'll need to wait for the expansion. In addition to that, they also just had to teach players that messing things up next time the game servers will have a problem is likely to get them rewarded, but restrained and responsible behaviour will get them nothing, which is something that has the potential of biting the game in the behind somewhere in the future.

This case, and many similar ones are one of the reasons why this game's community changed from one that would have strongly defended devs from any form of critique, to one that is for the most part jaded and doesn't expect devs to do a good job anymore. While in every single case it may seem like they've "got away with it again", the longterm price they pay for all of this is both very real, and very, very costly.

It really feels like they are deliberately sabotaging their own game. The game itself is still fun, but there are so many bad decisions and some parts, like WvW, make it feel like they are merely doing maintainance work on the game at best, while at other times it feels like they are just trying to suck the last bit of money they can get from it - at least that's what it felt like ever since mount skins were introduced into the shop, more and more content in the shop, less achievable through the game. And so on...But then you get this. It's hurts the game, the fun and the community. All the bad stuff just accumulates. For me, as someone who isn't really interested in the Living World stuff that much, the game has not changed much in a long time. And the promised changes were either discarded or were only worked on very little.

It may just be a mount skin, but it's these kind of bad decisions that make it not fun anymore.It's just sad and disappointing.

It should have been either:

• everyone affected by this in any way gets something
  • no one gets anything, an apology would have been enough

This way I'm still mad at them so I already skipped 40€ worth of gem purchases (contracts + some other stuff). It's fun to be childish and vindictive hehe7OSc0eG.gif

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Syrus.2174" said:

It may just be a mount skin, but it's these kind of bad decisions that make it not fun anymore.It's just sad and disappointing.

Honestly, if I were Anet, I wouldn't offer any compensation for an event like this in the future. It's not worth it.Yes, probably not giving any compensation (or just a bonfire, booster or a few transmutation charges) would have been far better than what has really happened. Once they decided to offer a valuable compensation, however, they had only two choices: They either should have been very careful to offer it only to those that truly lost something (but that would require a ton of work, as they would need to treat every specific case individually - and people would still argue about what constituted a significant or insignificant loss), or they should have offered it to everyone. Instead, they decided to offer it using very arbitrary requirements, that (as many players coulkd easily see) had nothing to do with actual compensation for anything.

And to top that, the actual compensation (again, completely independent from the mount license login reward) was also very spotty, with some players compensated for loss, while others got told that their (sometimes much bigger) losses do not qualify for compensation at all.

All in all, their "solution" created more problems than it solved.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Syrus.2174" said:

Honestly, if I were Anet, I wouldn't offer any compensation for an event like this in the future. It's not worth it.Yes, probably not giving any compensation (or just a bonfire, booster or a few transmutation charges) would have been far better than what has really happened. Once they decided to offer a valuable compensation, however, they had only two choices: They either should have been very careful to offer it only to those that truly lost something (but that would require a ton of work, as they would need to treat every specific case individually - and people would still argue about what constituted a significant or insignificant loss), or they should have offered it to everyone. Instead, they decided to offer it using very arbitrary requirements, that (as many players coulkd easily see) had nothing to do with actual compensation for anything.

And to top that, the actual compensation (again, completely independent from the mount license login reward) was also very spotty, with some players compensated for loss, while others got told that their (sometimes much bigger) losses do not qualify for compensation at all.

All in all, their "solution" created more problems than it solved.

I doubt people would be very happy about no compensation at all in an event like this, after all, this problem was on Anets end. Honestly, i dont see the problem in giving the license to all the people that were logged in or trying to log in within a 24 hours timeframe of this.

Its not like people are very likely to buy that mount licence if they feel screwed over anyways. Its probably more likely they would buy another mount licence after the free one because they feel gratitude and like they were treated with respect.

@Syrus.2174 said:

@Syrus.2174 said:So, did Anet get away with it again?Well, yes and no.

Yes, because no amount of posts in the past have ever changed Anet's mind about anything. All the cases when it happened were due to
other
will
ignore this thread and keep trying to pretend nothing bad has happened. And in time it will seem like everyone has forgotten about it.

No, because every time they cause a PR disaster on such a scale (and this wasn't either the first time, nor the last - there will be more of those, i'm certain about it), there
are
consequences that just don;t go away. People get more and more disillusioned, and keep expecting less and less from the game. For some people that added push may be what will make a difference between choosing to stay, or leaving. Or, for getting interested in this game or staying away from it. That in itself is already bad for a game that is in a situation where it could really, really use some good PR in order to safely last those ~2 years we probably we'll need to wait for the expansion. In addition to that, they also just had to teach players that messing things up next time the game servers will have a problem is likely to get them rewarded, but restrained and responsible behaviour will get them nothing, which is something that has the potential of biting the game in the behind somewhere in the future.

It really feels like they are deliberately sabotaging their own game. The game itself is still fun, but there are so many bad decisions and some parts, like WvW, make it feel like they are merely doing maintainance work on the game at best, while at other times it feels like they are just trying to suck the last bit of money they can get from it - at least that's what it felt like ever since mount skins were introduced into the shop, more and more content in the shop, less achievable through the game. And so on...But then you get this. It's hurts the game, the fun and the community. All the bad stuff just accumulates. For me, as someone who isn't really interested in the Living World stuff that much, the game has not changed much in a long time. And the promised changes were either discarded or were only worked on very little.

Well wvw is the only game mode with a mount skin earned without making your gold turn in to gems first tho.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Syrus.2174 said:So, did Anet get away with it again?Well, yes and no.

other
will

are

Well wvw is the only game mode with a mount skin earned without making your gold turn in to gems first tho.

But for 200g, you can exchange over 600 gems, which is more than the price of a random licence...

@kharmin.7683 said:

Honestly, if I were Anet, I wouldn't offer any compensation for an event like this in the future. It's not worth it.

I would have been fine with that. The servers weren't down for too long, the bonfire for everyone would have been enough, the issue comes from giving people who logged in something, while those who were careful and stayed patient got something so inequal.From all the previous times where only part of a community was able to get something or got something (like region-locked give aways), Anet should have learned that this only leads to trouble.

• 1 month later...